PDA

View Full Version : Good Luck Ubisoft

RVSage
09-17-2015, 05:08 PM
With Syndicate being just about a month and a week away, I wish all The Devs, artists, managers working on the game good luck :cool: Yes you may have disappointed us in past. As a die-hard AC fan, I would love this game to succeed. I guess you guys are in the final stages of polish before release. I hope you will not disappoint us., at least the core fans :D

VestigialLlama4
09-17-2015, 05:14 PM
To Ubisoft, all I can do is repeat the Surrealist's Creed: …tonnez - moi!

You guys are French, no need for me to translate it. Prove me that you are capable of putting these annualized games with the personality and genius all your pre-2014 titles had. Show me you still have the wild spirit of invention and insanity that made AC...AC.

ze_topazio
09-17-2015, 05:15 PM
I wish them luck too, but this article doesn't seem very hopeful for this Christmas AAA games when it comes to bugs.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/publishers-have-learnt-nothing-from-broken-game-fiasco-warn-bug-testers/0156002

VestigialLlama4
09-17-2015, 05:18 PM
I wish them luck too, but this article doesn't seem very hopeful for this Christmas AAA games when it comes to bugs.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/publishers-have-learnt-nothing-from-broken-game-fiasco-warn-bug-testers/0156002

Well I am quite confident Ubisoft will put out a competent product at the very least. Generally the annual releases (Brotherhood, Revelations, Black Flag) don't have bug issues. It's the ones in longer development which suffer.

Pandassin
09-17-2015, 05:20 PM
Good luck Ubisoft! I hope the launch goes well for you!

I didn't actually experience any bugs in Unity, hopefully it will be the same for everyone else with Syndicate this year :D

BananaBlighter
09-17-2015, 05:23 PM
This really is the game that I want to do well. While I still have issues with what we've seen so far, I'm confident this is going to be one of the most awesome open worlds ever! Good Luck Ubi with the release! :D

ze_topazio
09-17-2015, 05:36 PM
Well I am quite confident Ubisoft will put out a competent product at the very least. Generally the annual releases (Brotherhood, Revelations, Black Flag) don't have bug issues. It's the ones in longer development which suffer.

Revelations was criticized back then for its many bugs in comparison with its predecessors actually, AC1 too was heavily criticized for its many bugs, it's just that this days games are released in such messed up states, that by comparison the buggy games from back then seem extremely polished, the standards were higher back then.

harsab
09-17-2015, 06:34 PM
I don't understand how this can't be considered one of the best AC games.

it's pretty much fixing everything that was wrong with Unity, giving us a story that AC2 had, it's a really interesting time period & dual protagonists.

.....And it's all on next-gen.

If this game ticks all the boxes it will be phenomenal.

VestigialLlama4
09-17-2015, 06:52 PM
I don't understand how this can't be considered one of the best AC games.

it's pretty much fixing everything that was wrong with Unity, giving us a story that AC2 had, it's a really interesting time period & dual protagonists.

.....And it's all on next-gen.

If this game ticks all the boxes it will be phenomenal.

There's more to games than ticking boxes, otherwise anyone could do it.

The real problem is precisely the mentality of wanting to "fix everything wrong" rather than do your own thing. Black Flag didn't set out to fix wrongs, neither did AC3 try to do so, nor did the Ezio games. You could say AC2 tried to fix AC1 in terms of providing an open world, but it was patently its own thing.

After all when Unity came out, the promoters were all, fix everything wrong with AC3, give us Ezioclone, give us Europe, interesting time period, tone down gump and politics, go back to AC1 style assassinations and the end result produced the single worst game in the entire series and made Ubisoft a laughing stock.

To paraphrase Samuel Adams in AC3, "Try and fix everything wrong with AC and you'll wind up fixing nothing at all."

Barlog06
09-17-2015, 07:44 PM
Good luck guys))

BananaBlighter
09-17-2015, 07:45 PM
To paraphrase Samuel Adams in AC3, "Try and fix everything wrong with AC and you'll wind up fixing nothing at all."

True words of wisdom.

harsab
09-17-2015, 08:10 PM
There's more to games than ticking boxes, otherwise anyone could do it.

The real problem is precisely the mentality of wanting to "fix everything wrong" rather than do your own thing. Black Flag didn't set out to fix wrongs, neither did AC3 try to do so, nor did the Ezio games. You could say AC2 tried to fix AC1 in terms of providing an open world, but it was patently its own thing.

After all when Unity came out, the promoters were all, fix everything wrong with AC3, give us Ezioclone, give us Europe, interesting time period, tone down gump and politics, go back to AC1 style assassinations and the end result produced the single worst game in the entire series and made Ubisoft a laughing stock.

The thing is if the game wasn't as glitchy as it was & had a MUCH better story it would of been one of the best AC'S ever.

It was on it's way to being the best but those 2 things ruined it for most.

VestigialLlama4
09-17-2015, 08:19 PM
The thing is if the game wasn't as glitchy as it was & had a MUCH better story it would of been one of the best AC'S ever.

Well the fact is the game is what it is and it's a bad game.

AC3 would likewise have been truly great game had it fixed its mission design, smoothed out the finale, and cut out some of its features. It's still a pretty good game and has a lot of ideas revisiting in the future, if not AC then other IPs, but what's done is done.

It was on it's way to being the best but those 2 things ruined it for most.

Well those two things are the focus of the game. If you are going back to basics, and cutting down on side missions, then the story and gameplay and presentation must be up to speed. There's even less space to hide than a game that tried many things at once.

harsab
09-17-2015, 08:24 PM
Well the fact is the game is what it is and it's a bad game.

AC3 would likewise have been truly great game had it fixed its mission design, smoothed out the finale, and cut out some of its features. It's still a pretty good game and has a lot of ideas revisiting in the future, if not AC then other IPs, but what's done is done.

Well those two things are the focus of the game. If you are going back to basics, and cutting down on side missions, then the story and gameplay and presentation must be up to speed. There's even less space to hide than a game that tried many things at once.

& that goes exactly back to my point, i feel like ACS is going to repair all these problems & make a phenomenal game.

i just hope i'm not wrong.

VestigialLlama4
09-17-2015, 08:32 PM
& that goes exactly back to my point, i feel like ACS is going to repair all these problems & make a phenomenal game.

i just hope i'm not wrong.

Everyone wants a good game. My feeling is that we'll only get another "Better-than" game, an okay title but nothing truly spectacular.

Everything about Syndicate smells of second gear, so it's going to be a game with a narrow set of "do's" and "don'ts".

Senningiri_GR
09-17-2015, 08:34 PM
Best wishes to Ubisoft for the Assassin's Creed Syndicate and I really hope that it will be great and I wont stuck in 13% and a freezing game as I did with the Assassin's Creed Unity :(
Also please reopen the Assassin's Creed Initiates if there is no 3rd person view in present day stories

harsab
09-17-2015, 08:37 PM
Everyone wants a good game. My feeling is that we'll only get another "Better-than" game, an okay title but nothing truly spectacular.

Everything about Syndicate smells of second gear, so it's going to be a game with a narrow set of "do's" and "don'ts".

That is true & the hype is significantly low compared to previous AC'S but.....that might be a good thing as the game might surprise us more then we expect.

i get a feeling this game will be received more positively then we think.

BananaBlighter
09-17-2015, 08:43 PM
That is true & the hype is significantly low compared to previous AC'S but.....that might be a good thing as the game might surprise us more then we expect.

i get a feeling this game will be received more positively then we think.

I get that feeling too. However the public's opinion is different to mine.

For me, what decides whether this game is good or not is whether it is difficult enough to entertain me. This may not be the case for others.

Sushiglutton
09-17-2015, 09:42 PM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/912/468/4fe.jpg

SixKeys
09-17-2015, 09:57 PM

This made me laugh.

Shahkulu101
09-17-2015, 10:16 PM

hahahahaha

Has anyone worked out what the hell Shay actually means by that? Is he just embracing Irish leprechaun stereotypes is that it.

Ureh
09-17-2015, 10:44 PM
Final stretch, almost there, hang in there Ubi. We'll be waiting for you at the finish line. We're here if you need to talk to us.

Ezioclonedorian
09-18-2015, 02:15 AM

lol

HoyHoyJake
09-18-2015, 03:29 AM
https://media2.giphy.com/media/j5QcmXoFWl4Q0/200.gif

VestigialLlama4
09-18-2015, 03:39 AM
hahahahaha

Has anyone worked out what the hell Shay actually means by that? Is he just embracing Irish leprechaun stereotypes is that it.

Probably. I mean the joke is that Shay doesn't actually make his own luck. He's just a puppet of fate, sometimes cruel, mostly generous.

HDinHB
09-18-2015, 04:37 AM
hahahahaha

It's an old quote and it just means, instead of waiting and hoping for something to happen, you work for it and make it happen; work and effort cause luck.

Iím a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it. -- Thomas Jefferson

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. -- Seneca

So, good luck Ubi.

Tyrhydion
09-18-2015, 10:09 AM
With Syndicate being just about a month and a week away, I wish all The Devs, artists, managers working on the game good luck :cool: Yes you may have disappointed us in past. As a die-hard AC fan, I would love this game to succeed. I guess you guys are in the final stages of polish before release. I hope you will not disappoint us., at least the core fans :D

Just read an article in a Gaming Mag that warns us that quality will be as bas as last year in the autumn cycle. Games will be glitchy and flawed as ever.

Major games this Christmas could launch with crippling bugs, just like in 2014.

Thatís the warning from leading games testing firms, who insist too many publishers have not learnt their lessons from Q4 last year, which saw a number of titles arriving with game-breaking issues, such as Halo: The Master Chief Collection, DriveClub and Assassinís Creed Unity.

ďThe run up to this Christmas will be no different to the last one,Ē Pole to Win localisation director Chris Rowley warned.

This year I have not checked in on the hype train, and will be patiently waiting for spring to have the new AC.

GunnerGalactico
09-18-2015, 11:48 AM
Best of luck Ubisoft. :cool:

Sorrosyss
09-18-2015, 01:01 PM
I'm still trying to decide when to go "dark" for Syndicate. (i.e. No social media etc) Am thinking about a week before release, as some people may get it early. Dun want major spoilers after waiting this long. :p

But yeah, good luck Ubi. Let's hope for a solid launch. Hit the release date. No major bugs. Return to form story wise. It can be done!

ninja4hire10
09-18-2015, 01:41 PM
To echo everyone's sentiments: Good luck, UbiPeople, we're hoping for the best.

From what I've seen/ read on Syndicate, it (so far) looks like it'll offer a little something for everyone, even though we all know not everyone's gonna end up pleased and there will be plenty of griping to go around.

If IGN's recent preview write-up is any indication though, I'm all in for the "fun" being offered.