PDA

View Full Version : FB,ingame chat box trouble, online games

SOB_Looper
04-04-2004, 11:47 AM
I am having a problem with my chat box while in on line games.
During the course of a game suddenly I can not type into the chat box. the box comes up, I can select pretyped chat in the drop down list and send it, but I can not type any new messages. No letters appear. Blank spaces will appear int the chat line when I hit the "space" bar.
When I hit the "backspace key" a small outlined box appears in the text line. Most often during this time, I can not hit refly. When i hit the Esc key I go to the desk top.
I suspect that hitting a certain combination of keys whiie in game causes this problem but I do not know that.
I have to shut down the game I am hosting and restart.
I have also reinstalled FB, and had the problem prior to.AEP. This problem is unique to FB.
Any help solving this problem would be appreciated.

SOB_Looper
04-04-2004, 11:47 AM
I am having a problem with my chat box while in on line games.
During the course of a game suddenly I can not type into the chat box. the box comes up, I can select pretyped chat in the drop down list and send it, but I can not type any new messages. No letters appear. Blank spaces will appear int the chat line when I hit the "space" bar.
When I hit the "backspace key" a small outlined box appears in the text line. Most often during this time, I can not hit refly. When i hit the Esc key I go to the desk top.
I suspect that hitting a certain combination of keys whiie in game causes this problem but I do not know that.
I have to shut down the game I am hosting and restart.
I have also reinstalled FB, and had the problem prior to.AEP. This problem is unique to FB.
Any help solving this problem would be appreciated.

Capt.LoneRanger
04-04-2004, 12:08 PM
Weird...

Never heard of a problem like this before. Is it possible, it's a joystick problem? What stick do you use?
I know my CH HOTAS (gameport) is linked between the keyboard and the PC, emulating keystrokes. Sometimes this makes problems, if the connections are not correct.

greets
Capt.LoneRanger

http://www.imageshack.us/img1/7182/1703abcdefg.gif

SOB_Looper
04-05-2004, 11:10 AM
S Loneranger.
It is wierd.
I am using the MS, FFB. Have used the FFB for a long time with absolutely no problems (so far, LOL)
It seems to be triggered by some other event. Maybe by typing into chat I hit a back key combination or something, when in a hurry to type. I wish I knew.
Also thought it might be a bad key on key board, but they all seem good. the wierd outlined box when hitting the backspace key is strange , and I think that is the key to finding the solution to this problem.I have seen this symbol before in programming files.
Loop
Thnx

lil_labbit
04-05-2004, 02:26 PM
I had this problem also...
It starts with a delay of the messages typed and appearing (this can even be 30 seconds or longer). Then after a while the chat completely freezes while the other players are happely chatting along with no problems whatsoever.

After I installed the mg_snd.dll beta ( http://www.simhq.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=98;t=008049;p= ), and then setting my sound card back to 8 channels and NO hardware acceleration, NO extentions, the problems went away...

It mighht help...

http://members.home.nl/lil.labbit/lilseesya.jpg
Night is better than Day

SOB_Looper
04-05-2004, 07:19 PM
Thanks for the feedback LIL. I will give that a try. It sounds like a small problem but it really screws up a game when one can not communicate, especially when I am hosting.
Loop

jung0l
04-05-2004, 08:45 PM
Funny, today during a game all I got when I typed were square boxes; then I looked and noticed that my right <Ctrl> key was stuck down...

SOB_Looper
04-05-2004, 09:12 PM
jung01.
sounds rather similar to my prob. I get the boxes when I hit the backspace key, no letters other wise. I will check out my keyboard closer. Thanks
Loop