PDA

View Full Version : GRFS freezes after 10-15 minutes, PC needs reboot after that.

DeathFish017
09-03-2015, 12:30 PM
When I play Ghost Recon Future Soldier, the game just freezes my PC entirely after 10 - 15 minutes of playing. When it happens I cannot do anything, the game is frozen, the audio is frozen, the PC is frozen and nothing can be done - the only option is to reboot the PC.

My graphics card is GeForce GTX 660 so I've tried updating my NVIDIA drivers to the latest - didn't help.
I've tried turning everything off in the NVIDIA control panel for the GR Future Soldier - didn't help.
I've tried to play the game in DX9 and DX11, everything set to low or off - didn't help.

I don't know what else to do. Other games like Darksiders 2 work flawlessly - no freezes.

My PC specs:
GeForce GTX 660
8GB RAM
Intel Core i5 750 (Lynnfield)

Tengg-Eri
09-04-2015, 07:55 AM
what OS ?
any AV running?
Do you monitor gpu & cpu temperatures?
You can always try to reinstall the game

DeathFish017
09-06-2015, 01:03 PM
what OS ?
any AV running?
Do you monitor gpu & cpu temperatures?
You can always try to reinstall the game

Windows 7 64bit
If you mean antivirus then yes, but it's nothing like that. I also tried to run 3DMark and all went fine, temperatures on CPU while testing were around 50C and GPU around 60C.

I can try to reinstall but i'm not too sure about it, but yeah I can try.

DeathFish017
09-06-2015, 02:23 PM
So I tried the very first mission now (the one where the bomb goes off) and just stood there just like I only stood in Nimble Guardian (where the game always frozen).

In Nimble Guardian the game freezes after like 15 minutes of playing (standing there and doing nothing). In the very first mission it didn't freeze at all. Stood there for 25 minutes and all worked just fine. But then when I was at the breafing room where you choose your equipment and stuff it froze again...

Tengg-Eri
09-06-2015, 09:52 PM
sorry, can't help you :(
looks like some system vs game

directx version... c++ redistributable... net frameworks and what not is being installed with the game :/

DeathFish017
09-06-2015, 10:35 PM
sorry, can't help you :(
looks like some system vs game

directx version... c++ redistributable... net frameworks and what not is being installed with the game :/

Yeah I know... but thanks for trying! I appreciate it very much.

I'm now trying to resolve this issue through Ubisoft tech support.

DeathFish017
09-09-2015, 09:23 AM
Well.. the Ubisoft Tech Support replied to my question on 06/09/2015 and that day I did every step they wanted me to do in order to find a solution and replied back.

It's 09/09/2015 today and they still haven't replied back. I guess this problem is very rare and not much people have it so they don't know how to solve it...

Vulture_Shadow
09-10-2015, 03:20 PM
Just the same problem ...
I'm scared because I'm afraid to loose my HDD and all the data stored in ...
Please someone, help us to fix this ...
Thanks

When I play Ghost Recon Future Soldier, the game just freezes my PC entirely after 10 - 15 minutes of playing. When it happens I cannot do anything, the game is frozen, the audio is frozen, the PC is frozen and nothing can be done - the only option is to reboot the PC.

My graphics card is GeForce GTX 660 so I've tried updating my NVIDIA drivers to the latest - didn't help.
I've tried turning everything off in the NVIDIA control panel for the GR Future Soldier - didn't help.
I've tried to play the game in DX9 and DX11, everything set to low or off - didn't help.

I don't know what else to do. Other games like Darksiders 2 work flawlessly - no freezes.

My PC specs:
GeForce GTX 660
8GB RAM
Intel Core i5 750 (Lynnfield)

DeathFish017
09-13-2015, 04:42 PM
Just the same problem ...
I'm scared because I'm afraid to loose my HDD and all the data stored in ...
Please someone, help us to fix this ...
Thanks

Well, I'm kinda happy that I'm not the only one with this problem. I am still trying to resolve the issue via Ubi Tech Support (they replied back) but none of the suggested tip how to solve it worked for me. I unistalled the game and downloading it now again to a different HDD - That's a last suggested tip how to try to solve it but I don't believe it much. So if it won't work I'll write them back that it didn't help and if they have some other tips.

What computer specs do you have MDMDestroyer? Does the freeze also happen to you in Nimble Guardian mission?
-----
I reinstalled the game today and it also didn't help....

I tried to play the very first mission today (the one where the bomb goes off) and there just stand doing nothing and it frozen after about 20 minutes. So I guess it doesn't freeze only in the Nimble Guardian mission.

Vulture_Shadow
09-14-2015, 11:48 PM
My PC specs:
Intel I7 930 @ 2.8 GHz with an CM Seidon 120M water cooler
MB ASUS Rampage Extreme II
RAM 4 slots x 2 GB CORSAIR @ 1.600 GHz
1 TB HDD Samsung at 5.200
NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 760 2 GB DDR 5 @ 256 bits
Monitor 1: LG 32" 1360 x 768 HDMIi
Monitor 2: AOC 1280 x 1024 VGA

I'm using the latest drivers for GTX 760

I've tryied all the sollutions i've found int web, and none solved it ...
My friends have purchased the game in the same date, with similar specs on theyr machines, and they don't have problems with the game ... Still running ...

DeathFish017
09-30-2015, 09:05 PM
ALRIGHT!! The Ubisoft Tech support helped me! It was a very long run but we resolved the issue.

Here's the solution that worked for me:

"I've noticed that you do not have a a lot of space on your C: drive. I imagine your operating system is there and it could help if you could free more space on this drive." (This was not the problem, but if you don't have space on your drive it can sometimes help with some of the issues, but not this particular one)

"We can also try and rule out any issues with system files or the drives themselves.

1. Could you please run a System File Check.

a. Open an elevated command prompt. To do this, click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.

b. Type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow

2. Please run a disk check on your system.

Open an elevated command prompt. To do this, click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.

In the command window that opens, please type 'chkdsk /f /x'

You may need to restart your computer to perform the disk check.

When the computer has restarted and performed the disk check, please try the game again."

And that's it. After my computer restarted and performed the disk check I tried the game again, did the same thing I did everytime (remained on one spot and just let the game run) and when it was still running after 30 minutes I tried to actually play the game. The game didn't freeze even after 50 minutes of playing so I guess the problem is truly solved.

Cheers to all the people with the same problem. Hope this solution will work for you too! :cool:

DeathFish

nasehjamal10
10-23-2015, 03:22 PM
i am also facing the same problem ... at first it happened while playing the multiplayer , but now it happens even when a mission is loading ....