PDA

View Full Version : Far Cry 4 doesn't launch

helium3fridge
09-02-2015, 10:48 PM
Hello,

When I click on play, it says it synchronizes my achievements with the cloud, and then nothing happens. It worked fine a month ago. What's wrong?

WID992007
09-03-2015, 12:16 AM
on going issue with the cloud servers today for people with the Steam version

it still lets me play offline ..but i do not have the cloud save setting on .. never have
also i have 0 points in the u play client ..it should be 140

helium3fridge
09-03-2015, 12:22 AM
Hey,
Thanks for the reply. I actually disabled the cloud save, but it still displays it. How do I play offline?

WID992007
09-04-2015, 10:29 PM
i always choose offline mode on the main game screen

also make sure your NOT running a beta version of the Steam Client ..the game will not launch properly (if you have the Steam version of the game )

open steam look in the upper left hand corner

select Steam

then settings
then account

check to see if it shows Beta participation ..if it does .....opt out of it ..and RESTART STEAM ........ this should roll you back to the last current stable build of the Steam client
and your games should work normally again

xMiiSTY
09-08-2015, 07:29 PM
Try the steps above to see if they help! If not, have you tried verifying your Uplay game files for Far Cry 4 in Uplay? https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ/60/3888/how-do-i-install--uninstall--verify-a-game-in-uplay/kA030000000ee85CAA

If you continue to experience issues, please contact our Ubisoft Support for further assistance. Thanks! http://support.ubi.com

UnaBonger420
09-15-2015, 12:41 AM
I'm having the exact same problem, bought the game yesterday, installed, Uplay fires up, it says synchronizing my achievements with the cloud, and then nothing happens.
Will not play/start with Uplay or in offline mode.
and NONE of the links posted above do any good, its the standard run around stuff.

WID992007
09-15-2015, 01:35 AM
if you have the Steam version of the game

check your Steam settings
look in the upper left hand corner click where it says STEAM

next click settings then ACCOUNT

if it shows you are participating in a BETA version of Steam OPT out of it

Steam will then Roll back to the last current Stable build ..you will need to restart Steam to make the change go into effect

then try your game again

there is currrently an issiue with the CURRENT Steam BETA release and several UBISOFT titles are Affected

if you DO NOT use the beta version of STEAM your games should work normally

when in Steam if you click Help / About Steam it should say

Steam client application
Built: Aug 19 2015, at 11:30:35
Steam Api: v017
Steam package versions :1440016726

that is the current NON beta version ..........anything newer is a Steam Beta version and may currently have problems

this info is also pasted in the troubleshooting tips section PINNED at the top of the STEAM Far Cry 4 Forum

this is not a u play or ubisoft problem its a problem with the current STEAM BETA CLIENT

if you have further problems contact ubisoft support here https://support.ubi.com by opening a support ticket by looking at the top left corner of the page where is says MY Questions

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

also when you verify your game files run BOTH steam as well as Uplay as RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR for best results .. you may also need to launch the game this way if your running Windows 10 or not on an Administrator account

To verify your files if you bought the game thru Steam ..exit Steam ..right click your steam icon ..select run as Administrator

launch Steam

go to your Steam games library

right click on far cry 4

select properties

select local files

select verify Integrity of game cache

it takes a few min to do but its faster the redownloading your entire game , if its only a few files that were corrupt or installed incorrectly .... this in many cases will fix your problems

If you have the U play only Version of the game you can also verify your game files with U Play

if you have the game via u play only here are instructions how to verify your game files thru their client

(again if you have the u play only version set UPLAY to run as ADMINISTRATOR for best results )

https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ/60/3888/how-do-i-install--uninstall--verify-a-game-in-uplay/kA030000000ee85CAA <--see bottom of the page

WID992007
09-15-2015, 01:59 AM
also make sure your PC meets the minimum system requirements

http://blog.ubi.com/far-cry-4-pc-specs/

Far Cry 4 Minimum Requirements
MINIMUM
OS: Windows« 7 (SP1) / Windows« 8 / Windows« 8.1 / (64-bit only)
Processor: 2.6 GHz Intel« Core™ i5-750 or 3.2 GHz AMD Phenom™ II X4 955 <---*note* both are Quad core CPU's
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 or AMD Radeon HD5850 (1 GB VRAM)
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 30 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX-compatible
Additional Notes: Windows-compatible keyboard, mouse, optional controller.

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel« Core™ i5-2400S or 4.0 GHz AMD FX-8350 or better
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 or AMD Radeon R9 290X or better (2 GB VRAM)
Additional Notes: Supported video cards at the time of release: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 or better, GeForce GTX 700 series; AMD Radeon HD5850 or better, Radeon R9 series.

Note: Laptop versions of these cards may work but are NOT officially supported.

UnaBonger420
09-16-2015, 03:20 AM
My spec's are way above the Minimum and RECOMMENDED:Win 7 64bit, i7 3770k @ 4.3 Ghz, 16 GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series DDR3 @2133Mhz, 2X AMD R9 290x in Crossfire 8 GB total, 30 TB total usable hard-drive space.

Don't have the Steam version, bought the Limited Edition retail version.

and I found the solution elsewhere online, I had to unplug all my usb hubs, the game then starts and plays at Ultra settings.
So the actual problem is in UBI's ability (or lack of), to actually put out a decent running game, I should not have unplug/disable my usb drives to play the game.

WID992007
09-16-2015, 12:53 PM
dunno i have 2 external usb Western Digital drives plugged in at all times and i have had no crash issues ?

my OS and my games are on internal SSD drives ..

OS = windows 10 Pro on Drive C with the u play client on that same drive (SSD)

games are all on Drive E (SSD).......... the WD drives are used for just storage and backup

i also have a printer, keyboard , mouse and logitech game pad all connected via USB as well as an 8 gig thumb Drive i use to back up my saved games to
as i do not use the u play cloud sync settings in the U Play Client.. and i have a backup of every level of the game so i have multiple saves in case i wish to replay a level or mission

davidveld
09-16-2015, 10:27 PM
Last Update of my Uplay doesn't launch the game no more. And I just started !
How can i go back to the old launcher?

WID992007
09-17-2015, 02:06 AM
hmm dont think thats possible

your best bet contact ubi support here

https://support.ubi.com

click on my questions at the top left of the page

the new version of Uplay works great here ..even with windows 10 64 bit

zandyxxx
09-17-2015, 04:07 PM
I just installed Far cry4 on Steam yesterday and play through uplay about 3 hours, but today I click on play, it says it synchronizes my achievements with the cloud, and then nothing happens also. What should i do. I try to select verify Integrity of game cache and nothing happen.

Hezekiel86
09-18-2015, 10:26 AM
I just installed Far cry4 on Steam yesterday and play through uplay about 3 hours, but today I click on play, it says it synchronizes my achievements with the cloud, and then nothing happens also. What should i do. I try to select verify Integrity of game cache and nothing happen.

i got same issue! After that new and "easy and good" update on uplay everything has gone bad... Worked fine offline but i┤d like play online with my friends.
This is needs to be fixed... I have tried everything i can do uninstalled game and uplay same time and separately. Done file verification two times. Done file check on
my whole computer. Windows repair... You name it i┤ve done it.... So i quess ubisoft needs to make new repair patch for this problem. Oh yes i got windows 10 and map editor works fine.

This is problematic....

WID992007
09-18-2015, 02:00 PM

again if you have the steam version make sure you are not using a BETA version of the Steam Client

look in steam up top to where it says Help click that .. then select

ABOUT STEAM

it should say

Steam client application
Built: Aug 19 2015, at 11:30:35
Steam Api: v017
Steam package versions :1440016726

anything newer is a beta version of the Steam client and May have problems

to fix it

check your Steam settings
look in the upper left hand corner click where it says STEAM

next click settings then look on the page where is says

ACCOUNT

if it shows you are participating in a BETA version of Steam OPT out of it

Steam will then Roll back to the last current Stable build ..you will need to restart Steam to make the change go into effect

then try your game again

there is currently an issue with the CURRENT Steam BETA release and several titles are Affected

if you DO NOT use the beta version of STEAM your games should work normally

if you still have problems please open a support ticket here

by clicking on My Questions on the upper left hand side of that page

WID992007
09-18-2015, 02:09 PM
i got same issue! After that new and "easy and good" update on uplay everything has gone bad... Worked fine offline but i┤d like play online with my friends.
This is needs to be fixed... I have tried everything i can do uninstalled game and uplay same time and separately. Done file verification two times. Done file check on
my whole computer. Windows repair... You name it i┤ve done it.... So i quess ubisoft needs to make new repair patch for this problem. Oh yes i got windows 10 and map editor works fine.

This is problematic....

for see my above post about the Steam Beta Client

also for connection issues see this page

https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ/9/4277/pc-far-cry-4-connection-issues/kA030000000eio0CAA

it may be a problem with your hosts file or possibly your DNS settings or possibly a background application or firewall problem

(dunno as i do not know what your using for AV / firewall.. i use Avast not windows defender)

if you still have problems open a support ticket here

by Clicking on My Questions at the top left corner of that page

i'm running windows 10 Pro 64 bit here with the Steam version of the title and have had no problems with the game or connection even with the new u play client

i do not have the upgrade version of windows 10 installed.... i installed my Windows 10 Clean on a blank ssd Drive

Hezekiel86
09-18-2015, 03:46 PM

https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ/9/4277/pc-far-cry-4-connection-issues/kA030000000eio0CAA

it may be a problem with your hosts file or possibly your DNS settings or possibly a background application or firewall problem

(dunno as i do not know what your using for AV / firewall.. i use Avast not windows defender)

i'm running windows 10 Pro 64 bit here with the Steam version of the title and have had no problems with the game or connection even with the new u play client

i do not have the upgrade version of windows 10 installed.... i installed my Windows 10 Clean on a blank ssd Drive

Okay. i got new info... And i dont have it on steam only Uplay. I can play online but only if my "overlay for supported games" is off. So i cant inv anyone to play with on campain or host any co-op maps... So it kinda sucks... :) i have opened ticket to ubi.support too. Im using Avast too so i think no problem there... And yes defender is off.

zandyxxx
09-18-2015, 04:05 PM

i do not have the upgrade version of windows 10 installed.... i installed my Windows 10 Clean on a blank ssd Drive\

already checked and I'm not on steam BETA. Still can't play online Farcry4, but on Uplay offline mode is working fine.

WID992007
09-18-2015, 04:36 PM
yea ok i thought maybe it was that Damn Steam beta Client blocking ya

check that other page too about connection problems ..and clearing your DNS cache and the windows hosts file
some guy posted on the Steam forums his problem was a bad windows Hosts setting.. i don't know if he had the u play only version or the steam version

i do not know why the overlay would cause a prob with the u play only version

as i have the u play overlay on so i cant turn on and off the FPS counter by hitting shift + F2
i keep the steam overlay disabled ( i find it annoying )

and have no other software or overlays loading in the background when windows starts other then Avast and classic shell and windows host processes show under task manager

hopefully support can find your problem

is your Windows 10 Install just the upgrade version ?

what i did was installed windows 7 64 bit ultimate (on a clean drive)

ran the windows 10 upgrade from the media creation tool it upgraded me to windows 10 pro 64 bit

about a week later my hard drive started to screw up .. ALOT

(the western digital drive i have is pretty old .. about 3 yrs past warranty so i bought a few SSD drives (was a 500 gig WD green drive made in 2010 i have installed multiple operating system to it over the years so it was probably about to Die anyway )

so i bought 2 PNY SSD drives they had on sale at Best buy for $55 each (both are 240 gig drives)
then used the media creation tool to make a bootable USB drive for windows 10 64 bit pro
and i used that to install windows 10 Pro clean on one of the New SSD drives (as a custom install)

i did not input any CD key i was asked to twice during the install

windows activated fine from the Microsoft Activation servers since i already had installed windows 10 and activated Windows 10
as an upgrade to this machine and changed no other hardware other then the Disk drives

i installed the u play client to Drive C (my boot drive where Windows 10 is Installed i think the u play client likes to be on the same drive as your windows install)

and my games are all on Drive E (my other SSD drive.....D being my DVD optical drive)

i then shut off all the goofy windows 10 live tiles and installed classic shell and updated drivers for my Sound and Video card i have used all Nvidia Drivers for windows 10 so far from 347.52
(the 347.52 driver is a windows 8.1 64 bit driver but seems to work fine in windows 10 but Dx Diag reports the card is only running in Direct X 11.2 mode)

to the latest one 355.82 (currently using 353.62 as they seem to be the most stable with my GTX 960 and i had problems with all the Nvidia Drivers giving me blurred text in windows as soon as the 3d vision portion of the Driver installed .. so this time i just installed the video Driver + HDMI audio + the PhysX driver no geforce Experience or 3 d vision drivers )

and have no blurry text on my windows desktop for my icons (it has some thing to do with the new way Windows 10 handles DPI settings i think and an Nvidia driver problem)

and Direct X diag reports the card is working in Direct X 12 mode and the game looks amazingly better

again Ubisoft will probably say windows 10 is currently not a supported operating system for the game since the game was made and shipped way before Windows 10 was even out

but i can tell ya its working perfect here as i just finished the game on my system the other day and i started playing the Valley of the Yeti DLC
so far no crashes or problems

i don't have a Uplay only version of the game here to Test with just the Steam version (which uses both Steam + Uplay)

so hopefully Support can help get ya sorted out

if they take a while to respond to your ticket you can try to call them on the phone during regular support hours listed here
https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ/60/3888/international-support-contacts/kA030000000eiChCAI

good luck and i hope they get ya sorted out ;)

yoeje
09-18-2015, 08:03 PM
Hello,

When I click on play, it says it synchronizes my achievements with the cloud, and then nothing happens. It worked fine a month ago. What's wrong?

Hi, i┤m new here . I┤m using the game with ubi . The way I made the Game to work was going on the left corner of the main men˙ of ubi were are the 3 lines then click on settings and then gest uncheck the box where >> Activate the overlay in the game if the game supports << . Closed ubi en restart┤it normaly . And working again :))))

Hezekiel86
09-19-2015, 08:59 AM
Hi, i┤m new here . I┤m using the game with ubi . The way I made the Game to work was going on the left corner of the main men˙ of ubi were are the 3 lines then click on settings and then gest uncheck the box where >> Activate the overlay in the game if the game supports << . Closed ubi en restart┤it normaly . And working again :))))

Yup that does work only if you wan tto play solo... When you close overlay from settings you cant play online with friends. Cant invite anyone to play campain or host co-op
maps. So that is not option for me.

Hezekiel86
09-21-2015, 12:57 PM
I bought my game... and i cant play my game.... I wonder why ubisupport wont answer my support ticket... This is getting pretty anoying.
Everything started after that new uplay patch. Just want to be answered!

:( :( :confused:

UbiBooma
09-21-2015, 07:19 PM
I bought my game... and i cant play my game.... I wonder why ubisupport wont answer my support ticket... This is getting pretty anoying.

Hi Hezekiel86 -- it usually takes support 24-48 hours to respond. If you PM me the ticket # if it has been more than 2 days I will nudge them to contact you. Let me know!

sacksmacker
10-18-2015, 05:58 AM
Try the steps above to see if they help! If not, have you tried verifying your Uplay game files for Far Cry 4 in Uplay? https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ/60/3888/how-do-i-install--uninstall--verify-a-game-in-uplay/kA030000000ee85CAA

If you continue to experience issues, please contact our Ubisoft Support for further assistance. Thanks! http://support.ubi.com

This is really getting tiresome. I have a had FC4 work, then not, and now can't even get to a black screen. Tried everything I could find on threads and the web, all to no avail. I submit questions via the "support" link on the UbiSoft website and not only do my questions never get answered, I don't even see them get posted when I check for "my question history". This is total BS. I paid a lot of money for this game and can't even run it. I am running a 4690K, 16GB RAM, Win8.1, GTX970 and a SSD. No way my machine is not up to par. Anybody else have these random, crappy issues? Oh yeah, re-installed the junk two days ago and verified the files. I am not using Steam for this. Direct to Uplay (use CD's to install). Help. Please. For the love of God man. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::ma d:

sacksmacker
10-18-2015, 06:11 AM

I couldn't agree more. If they don't get this piece of crap working, I am not only demanding my money back, I am going to start a very nasty blogging boycott about this. Obviously customer service or QA means little, if anything, to these clowns.

WID992007
10-18-2015, 06:55 AM
BOYCOTT ALL YA WANT I HAVE BEEN PLAYING THIS GAME SINCE IT SHIPPED LAST YEAR without an issue..finished it 12 times
9 times out of 10 its user error on why the game fails to start

shut off all background applications some may need to just be reconfigured details are here

programs that are KNOWN problems include

A. EVGA PRECISION
B. MSI AFTERBURNER
C. Riva Tuner Statistics Server
D. DXtory
E. Motionin Joy
F. some Anti Virus or Firewall software (depends on settings)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
G. MSI true Color
see this thred to possibly fix issies with afterburner causeing black screen
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1012250-Afterburner-Farcry-4-Crash!?

now lets dig deeper on some crash problems on why the game crashes while your in game .. BLAME NVIDIA and the gameworks drivers they screwed up on
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/799274/geforce-drivers/nvlddmkm-keep-crashing-in-far-cry-4/ see the final pages of that thread

if your still getting a crash on launch or failure to communicate with the Uplay servers go and get and install the latest version of the Uplay client here https://uplay.ubi.com

and make sure your antivirus as well as any firewall software or router your running is not causing an issue.... again see this page

make sure your ports are enabled your hosts file is reset as well as you have flushed the DNS settings on your system and made sure your local ISP does not have the ports blocked or your antivirus or firewall is blocking the Uplay launcher (again thats user error for not checking your settings )

also run Uplay as an Administrator (especially if you have multiple accounts on your windows install or are running Windows 10)

if you contiunue to have issiues PLEASE .. open a support ticket with UBISOFT here

by clicking on My Questions in the upper left corner of that page

for a guide of what to include with your support ticket see this thread
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1055788-READ-ME-Help-us-to-help-you-–-How-to-report-an-issue
and this page
https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ/9/3888/how-to-submit-dxdiag-and-msinfo-files/kA030000000emSbCAI

or call them on the Phone during Regular Support Hours <--(BEST OPTION)

US support
https://support.ubi.com/en-US/ < web support click on my questions in the upper left , log in and make a support ticket

you can also try to contact them via social media

facebook https://www.facebook.com/UbisoftSupport

and Twitter
https://twitter.com/ubisoftsupport

or Phone USA
(919) 460-9778
PHONE - English.
Customer Support / Technical Support / Uplay Shop Support.
Technical Support / Uplay Shop: (919) 460-9778.
Available: 9am - Midnight (EST), Monday-Friday | 12pm - 9pm (EST), Saturday-Sunday.

if you live in another region support info/ and hours / and contact numbers can be found here
https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ/60/3888/international-support-contacts/kA030000000eiChCAI

remember this forum IS NOT UBISOFT SUPPORT

this is only a forum to get help from other members of the community as well as posts about new or ongoing issues

and i can tell your personally i am not trying to be a **** .. but 9 times out of 10 its user error with a bad config as far as Drivers /your antivirus or firewall software or dumb background applications
that you to close .. or YOU need to Close \reconfigure before you launch the game

even dumb settings such as disabling the the uplay overlay from the settings in the uplay client may fix your issue if your running too many overlays

this game wants all of your system resources available to run properly .. just like any other Far Cry game ever did ..and no ...running on a laptop is not gonna get you good results

JamesTheGiant-3
07-14-2016, 10:34 PM
Ive had far cry 4 for about a year. Ive beaten the game twice and deleted the files. Now that I'm trying to reinstall the game to play it again and I can't even get the update to load. The game is unreliable and I feel like I wasted my money on a game that only works "sometimes".

avendo
08-12-2016, 01:41 PM
my game doesn't launch either and its uplay,it just loops..i did the verify thing reinstalled...still nothing.

WID992007
08-16-2016, 02:00 AM
my game doesn't launch either and its uplay,it just loops..i did the verify thing reinstalled...still nothing.

does your PC meet the FC 4 system requirements ?

Far Cry 4 Minimum Requirements
MINIMUM
Processor: 2.6 GHz Intel« Core™ i5-750 or 3.2 GHz AMD Phenom™ II X4 955 <---*note* both are Quad core CPU's
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 or AMD Radeon HD5850 (1 GB VRAM)
Additional Notes: Windows-compatible keyboard, mouse, optional controller.

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel« Core™ i5-2400S or 4.0 GHz AMD FX-8350 or better
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 or AMD Radeon R9 290X or better (2 GB VRAM)
Additional Notes: Supported video cards at the time of release: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 or better, GeForce GTX 700 series; AMD Radeon HD5850 or better, Radeon R9 series.

Note: Laptop versions of these cards may work but are NOT officially supported.

dual core CPU's are not supported

roman.assassin.
08-11-2017, 08:35 AM
For my computer, i need to turn of Adguard service to play Far Cry 4 and Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon.