PDA

View Full Version : Aerodynamic stream

nieznanan5454
09-02-2015, 08:46 AM
Welcome.

As the title theme. The stream of aerodynamic or if you will - draft. In many games, the creators did not decide to implement this option, but the Crew, yes. - Why?

Over time, this option began to annoy me. I lose myself, and the others in the race, because by the stream in a few seconds the car from the last position of catching up with the rest. In a few seconds, rail car to spin through this stream of up to 430 km / h or more. Think we have in the game nitro cars, nitro gives us acceleration. So why this option?

Question to the team - and thought about the exclusion of this option?
Is this even a topic for discussion or not you turn off her no matter what? :)

MadDogV2
09-02-2015, 04:49 PM
Drafting isn't made up you know, it works in real life. So it's not like this was a fantasy addition on the dev's part to make the game more "fun" or "extreme" or whatever.

blm8977
09-03-2015, 05:29 PM
Drafting isn't made up you know, it works in real life. So it's not like this was a fantasy addition on the dev's part to make the game more "fun" or "extreme" or whatever.

Gut this game and I will be playing NFS. I'm tired of all the simpleton whiny asses in this game. EVERYONE can draft so it is NOT unfair. My suggestion? practice more. I'm already thinking of leaving this game. Go ahead make it easier for me.

nieznanan5454
09-05-2015, 10:04 PM
More nos in cars, stronger nos. And we don't need draft in game :P So stupid, we lost positions in races, becouse draft work (sic)

hesto_
09-05-2015, 10:24 PM
I know what you mean, Robi. The slipstream in The Crew makes PvP on a high skill level pointless. At a certain level the fastest player doesn't win anymore, the result is completely random.

I asked several times for an option to disable slipstream or to remove it completely from "no collision mode" because it shouldn't even exist there.

So far no answer from the devs or representatives of the game... Right now competetive gaming is sadly not possible :/

MaXiiczek
09-06-2015, 10:53 AM
I asked several times for an option to disable slipstream or to remove it completely from "no collision mode" because it shouldn't even exist there.

drafting in a no-collisions mode is a different story, it's a pure nonsense... none can argue with that...

TF.s4nG-
09-08-2015, 09:34 PM
drafting in a no-collisions mode is a different story, it's a pure nonsense... none can argue with that...

drafting works in both collisions on and off. the only difference is that you can hit the car ahead of you when passing if collisions is on. I honestly don't mind the slipstream if it wasn't so ******edly OP. In real life, a slipstream stops working after a let's say 20-30 meters at a high speed. in this game it works up to 200 freakin meters! How does that make any sense? It would take out most of the unfair aspect of Hest0's point if it gets fixed to a more realistic distance.

Edit: never mind, not even 20 meters seems to be realistic. 10 meters is already a lot.

nieznanan5454
09-08-2015, 11:32 PM
Well, team is too bissy - Wild Run. Better cars, draft, glitch'es ... ehh. So sad.

MaXiiczek
09-11-2015, 10:30 AM
drafting works in both collisions on and off...

I think you didn't get the point of my comment...

I know the drafting is available in both modes, but we discuss here about it, if it's ok or not... the point of my comment is that when collisions are off, none can even discuss if it's ok or not, because it's pure nonsense to have drafting in a "simultaneous time trial mode" aka collisions off mode...

so in my opinion when collisions are off there should be NO drafting, when they are on, it should stay but it should be toned down, as you said, it's too effective in The Crew compared to reality or even other games...

Natchai_Ubisoft
09-11-2015, 11:03 AM
I think you didn't get the point of my comment...

I know the drafting is available in both modes, but we discuss here about it, if it's ok or not... the point of my comment is that when collisions are off, none can even discuss if it's ok or not, because it's pure nonsense to have drafting in a "simultaneous time trial mode" aka collisions off mode...

so in my opinion when collisions are off there should be NO drafting, when they are on, it should stay but it should be toned down, as you said, it's too effective in The Crew compared to reality or even other games...

This is exactly what's being discussed by the dev team at the moment, along with the strength of drafting in general :)

TJHoss59
09-12-2015, 12:56 AM
This is exactly what's being discussed by the dev team at the moment, along with the strength of drafting in general :)

Thank you, you guys seem to be on top of things. :)

Super9992014
12-11-2015, 06:33 PM
You guys are awesome! keep it up.

Zodhr
12-27-2015, 02:35 PM

Any news, Natchai? It's been a while, doesn't look like anything has changed since the recent update.

NOS.RzZz
12-27-2015, 11:45 PM
Never knew about this thread, I'm a little late, but in fact it'd be a really good idea to change slipstream's strength, what I think would make it perfect is being able to disable it in a no-collision race, and disregarding collision mode, reduce its range to 50+ meters MAX.

SP_666
12-29-2015, 09:15 AM
From one side (mostly single racer side) i can say only one thing- that in TDU2 all peoples was happy without any kind of slipstream's and NOS. Just run, you, your car and your racing skill, thats all.

From other side (devs side), they present this game as MMO, at least they want force us believe to that, so, if they disable slipstream's, then here no point unite in crew's at all anymore.
Now at least driving in crews you can reach delusional speed.

So, i am not sure that they change something in this case.

PRO_D_COOLRAM62
12-29-2015, 04:27 PM
I agree it should be toned down (ie: effective distance to say 60-75 feet). It's interesting in a collision off race at Little Eagle who wins is the luck of the draw. I don't understand how the game will recognize no collision and yet still allow drafting. And bikes speeds can be insane. A friend and I were on the Las Vegas strip doing stunts. He was on the dirst spec KTM and I was using my circuit spec Maserati. Normal top speed for the KTM is 150 -160 mph but he was drafting me at 205 mph. It is possible to draft a bike but much harder. It is a realistic effect but it should be toned down.

KittyBubuh
12-29-2015, 04:59 PM
Would be better with like 50 meter max yeh. Kinda lame that even in 150 meters they just slipstream like they were 2 meters behind me. With insane speed! Tone it down ples :c

MaXiiczek
01-01-2016, 06:40 PM
+1 for reducing the slipstream length

I would also like to remove slipstream from anything what can't be hit aka no collision mode, it doesn't make sense... overtaking with drafting should require some skill which is the price for speed you get, without collisions it's just a nonsense...