PDA

View Full Version : Hall of Fame Edition Armies do not work local multiplayer on same PS4(ticket update)!

molot_vepr
08-31-2015, 05:23 PM
molot_vepr8/31/2015 4:17:00 PMOk. Another solution that would be acceptable to us, is that you give us a credit to buy the "Hall of Fame Edition" again so that both players can play the additional armies on the same PS4, as it is a two player/split screen game. This is what is implied on the game terms and on the physical packaging.

Because the "Hall of Fame Edition" does not state otherwise, this is false/misleading description/advertising and the fair thing to do is to rectify this situation with the solution above. This solution will enable the Hall of Fame Editon to work as is described/implied.

Please advise.

Tyler8/31/2015 1:21:40 PMWe are unable to provide a refund for a purchase that is not made directly through our Uplay Shop. If you are seeking a refund, you will need to contact the vendor where you purchased the game since you have entered in to a financial agreement with that company and are subject to their refund policies.

molot_vepr8/29/2015 3:25:06 AMHi I would request a full refund for this game as this is not mentioned on the game terms or physical game packaging,amd thefore this is false/misleading advertising.
If this was designed in this way, why is this not a problem with the XBox One Version? I also own a Xbox One, and if I knew that this was an issue with the PS4, I would purchase the Xbox One Version.

Tyler8/28/2015 9:56:13 PMI apologize for the delayed response. We have consulted with the development team, and they have confirmed that it was designed that way and we were mistaken in this regard. I do apologize for the confusion and inconvenience. Because of this, we would like to offer you a free game from the following list:

Valiant Hearts (PS4)
Child of Light (PS4)
Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon (PS3)
Heroes of Might and Magic V (PC)
Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes (PC)
World in Conflict (PC)
Call of Juarez: The Cartel (PC)
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (PC)
Flashback (PC)
H.A.W.X. 2 (PC)
Heroes of Might and Magic VI: Shades of Darkness (PC)
Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry (STANDALONE) (PC/PS4)
From Dust (PC)

Please let us know which one of these games you would like, and we will get it to you as soon as possible. Again, I would like to offer my sincerest apologizes for the incorrect information.

molot_vepr8/27/2015 3:22:25 PMHello,
You have not asnwered my post, copied below in 4 days. Why? This situation is reflecting poorly on Ubisoft and Signal as you have many customers complaining about this on the forums, with no public reassurance that this will be fixed.

molot_vepr8/24/2015 7:29:45 PM
Can you please inform the community on your official forum for Toy Soldiers, that it is an error that will be fixed?

Your Ubisoft moderator Ceecee replied that this is normal and implied that it will not be fixed.

So please clarify and post it up for the community(ie. paid customers) to be informed.

molot_vepr8/24/2015 7:29:45 PMCan you please inform the community on your official forum for Toy Soldiers, that it is an error that will be fixed?

Your Ubisoft moderator Ceecee replied that this is normal and implied that it will not be fixed.

So please clarify and post it up for the community(ie. paid customers) to be informed.

Tyler8/24/2015 7:14:09 PMThis issue has been reported to the development team, and they are currently looking into fixing it, but as of right now, it is currently unavailable. I am sorry for the confusion and inconvenience.

molot_vepr8/24/2015 3:25:20 PMI am not following: First you were saying that it is a problem and that you are looking into it, and now you are saying that it is the way it is supposed to be, correct?
This is not the case with the Xbox One Version, as you stated, so how is this ok?
This is also false advertising with the result of misleading the consumer/customer as this is not stated on the terms with this game or on the physical package.

Tyler8/24/2015 2:02:35 PM​Thank you for contacting Ubisoft Support.

​The DLC content for Toy Soldiers: War Chest will be available to those who are logged in on the account that was originally used to purchase the content. Due to the permissions system involved, it is not possible to access it on a sub-account.

molot_vepr8/22/2015 3:05:53 AMThe problem has not been resolved. The ticket should on;ybe closed once the problem is fixed.

I have also contacted the PSN Store to ask for a refund for this game as it does not work as described, in regards to this issue.

Tyler8/17/2015 6:10:17 PMIssue description provided by client over the phone:

Problem: Customer is unable to play the DLC content with a Sub-Account.

Solution: Informed the customer that it is an issue and we are looking into it.

ADDITIONAL DETAILS

Email Address

Reference Number02330539
StatusUpdated
Created Date8/17/2015 6:10:17 PM
Updated Date8/31/2015 4:17:00 PM
Product

PlayStation 4

TOY SOLDIERS

Toy Soldiers: War Chest

DescriptionIssue description provided by client over the phone:

Problem: Customer is unable to play the DLC content with a Sub-Account.

Solution: Informed the customer that it is an issue and we are looking into it.

xEYCx
08-31-2015, 05:38 PM
Wow! You got farther than I did.
I am also stuck with only using the 4 main characters on my sub account AND I lost all of my progress I made in the game. I had 100% completion. All platinums and challenges were completed, minus G.I. Joe survival. I had over 150,000 tokens after unlocking everything in the game to give a reference of how much progress I lost. It was just gone.
Their fix was giving me 50 U-points that I'll never use and a likelihood I will not get my platinum trophy when the challenger trophy is no longer broken.

Elektr0ns
08-31-2015, 07:22 PM
I am speechless at this... The inconstant responses from support and the run around about the simple fact they should be liable for false advertising charges...

molot_vepr
09-20-2015, 08:19 PM
molot_vepr9/20/2015 6:58:31 PMHi Chad,

There are 3 separate issues that need addressing separately.

1. The facts are that we purchased this game and found out that the game is not as advertised or specified on its terms.
This is misleading the customer and false advertising which therefore contravenes government legislation in Canada and the USA. This is a 2 player local coop game and all armies have to work on the same PS4. If your department cannot resolve the issue, then please escalate this to another department, or the developer, perhaps.

2. The game is broken as the second player/ guest account cannot change armies at all now. It is stuck at Dark Lord. When the second player goes to select an army, it only changes the army on the 1st player(main account) We have renewed the license as well as uninstalled and reinstalled, but the problem remains.

3. What code are we talking about? Are those the old games that were offered as a compensation by Tyler? We are not interested in this as it does not solve the problem as described in issue 1, detailed above.

Chad9/14/2015 11:12:02 PMGreetings!

My name is Chad and this case was escalated to me for further assistance and I will gladly help where I can.

With the way that the DLC content was published, we are not able to provide you with the content for a sub-account as that is simply how it works presently. Here in the support department, we have no means of changing the way the content works. As much as I wish I had a means of providing the content to a user utilizing a sub-account, that is simply not within my power at this time. As the agent that you spoke with before stated, we will gladly provide you with a code due to the misinformation that was provided by the agent initially but that is the extent of what I can provide. If you would like to take this offer, let me know and I will certainly help with that.

I certainly hope that you are enjoying the game otherwise! If you have any further issues or concerns, by all means let me know and I will gladly help.

Eternal21
09-21-2015, 12:48 AM
There is a clunky workaround for the problem #2. You can switch the army of local player 2, by first starting the game as that player, then selecting an army with him, then closing the game, and logging in as player #1. Silly, I know, but that's the only way I could get it to work, thanks to a tip from another player.

UbiCeeCee
09-28-2015, 10:51 PM
Hey molot_vepr,

How the Legendary Hero Pack unlocks work are specifically outlined on the PlayStation 4 Store page, namely that "One-time license fee for play on account’s designated primary PS4™ system and other PS4™ systems when signed in with that account." You can read the full software license, terms of service, and user agreement on the PlayStation Store page found here: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/toy-soldiers-war-chest-legendary-heroes-pack/cid=UP0001-CUSA00428_00-B000000000001632

Wes_Armstrong
12-31-2015, 11:12 AM
Hey molot_vepr,

How the Legendary Hero Pack unlocks work are specifically outlined on the PlayStation 4 Store page, namely that "One-time license fee for play on account’s designated primary PS4™ system and other PS4™ systems when signed in with that account." You can read the full software license, terms of service, and user agreement on the PlayStation Store page found here: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/toy-soldiers-war-chest-legendary-heroes-pack/cid=UP0001-CUSA00428_00-B000000000001632

My apologies right up front if this reply comes off a little on the abrasive side toward Ubisoft, but my family also was victimized by Ubisoft's misunderstanding of how Sony's user licensing works. The quote cited by ItsCeeCee is taken word-for-word form Sony's site. This much is correct,...BUT...the understanding of what that means is INCORRECT on Ubisoft's part.

The way Sony has their DRM licensing structured, the "One-time license fee for play on account’s designated primary PS4™ system" refers to the purchasing account's PRIMARY PS4 COSOLE. What this means is that the purchasing account has a designated PRIMARY PHYSICAL CONSOLE on which EVERY ACCOUNT that exists on that console may have full & unfettered access to all digital content that resides on that console. The tagging of that physical console as the purchasing account's Primary PS4 system effectively UNLOCKS THAT CONTENT for every user on that physical console...no ands, ifs, or buts!!! If you (Ubisoft & Signal) don't believe me, by all means please go talk to Sony about this because this is how EVERY OTHER DIGITAL TITLE published for the PS4 works. If Ubisoft & Signal have this right, then EVERY OTHER SOFTWARE PUBLISHER MUST HAVE THIS WRONG. But I am fully confident based on the preponderance of precedent that Ubisoft & Signal are COMPLETELY IN THE WRONG on this very point & need to make it right with us, their customers no matter what added cost this process takes. Let me put this in simple terms: You have defrauded your customers & you need to make it right.

And as for the rest of the quote which goes, "and other PS4™ systems when signed in with that account" is a portability clause so that the purchasing account (and ONLY the purchasing account) may download & use that same software on OTHER physical consoles that are not that account's Primary physical console.

Let me illustrate this using my family as a real world example. My account is the sole purchasing account for my family, & I have tagged the PS4 in our Game Room as my Primary PS4 System. Every digital download on that physical PS4 I have ever downloaded prior to Toy Soldiers is completely unlocked including every purchased DLC for every user and they all have their own individual accounts - my children have sub accounts & my wife has her own account. I have never had to purchase a separate DLC license for any of them to enjoy the DLC for any game I have purchased digitally from the PS Store. In addition to the PS4 in our Game Room, I have another console in my Computer Room. That one only I log into because as the purchasing account, I am the only one that has access to the digital content on this 2nd console that IS NOT my Primary PS4 System.

Ubisoft & Signal, Do you understand now how DRM on the PS4 is supposed to work? Like I said above, if you don't believe me confer with Sony...or better yet, get a couple of PS4 systems, set up a dummy account, & digitally purchase some Ultimate Editions of your competitors titles to see for yourselves that this is how it works.

That you as a company have repeatedly closed your eyes to this issue while figuratively reciting, "I don't see it! I don't see it!" is very troubling. This issue has already hurt your credibility & word of mouth has already spread. It is long past time for you to make it right.