PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE HELP game wont start freezes at menu screen ps4

princesswu
08-29-2015, 04:31 PM
My son just purchased this for ps4 with his birthday money it has fully downloaded and freezes at the menu screen he can do nothing with it. If anyone has any suggestions or tips they would be greatly appreciated. We can play the game until we get to the main menu screen and then it freezes and nothing can be done unless we delete our save file and start again and this just continually happens main menu and frozen.

xEYCx
08-30-2015, 01:31 PM
All I can think of trying until you get an answer from Ubisoft is to delete the game and reinstall it. Did you download and install the update for the game? Have you contact Ubisoft support?
The game is currently broken with multiple bugs and game crashes. I recently lost all my game progress and I had 100% completion. Support is not sure I will get my platinum trophy once they fix the broken trophy.
I do have it for PS4 and of all the problems I've had, I have not had the one you mention. Good luck!

lew0004
09-22-2015, 01:47 PM
Hi all, I have the same problem, just after I first start the game, I can play the tutorial but after that the main menu loads, but then freezes. So I restart the game and it just reloads then when I get to the main menu it freezes again. Have updated it to the latest version. Still freezes though. Hope ubisoft hurries up and fixes this bug. I am a huge toy soldiers fan and was so excited to play the next edition. But this has dampened it for me...

thecrymsonwolf
09-22-2015, 06:33 PM
I have the same issue on the X-Box One, once we get to the menu in game, no response, the only button that works is the home button. We have uninstalled and reinstalled the game to the same result, can play the tutorial, but then, nothing. The game was working just fine yesterday, it was this morning the issue started.

Ubi-Barbalatu
09-22-2015, 07:23 PM
Hi Guys,

Our team is aware of this issue and is currently looking into this. As soon as I have more information, I will let you guys know.

Regards,
Barbalatu

Eternal21
09-22-2015, 11:36 PM
Hi Guys,

Our team is aware of this issue and is currently looking into this. As soon as I have more information, I will let you guys know.

Regards,
Barbalatu

While you're fixing that, for the love of god, fix the glitched Challenger Trophy/Achievement. It's been over 1 month, since it was reported, and no news on any upcoming patch.

amrican99
12-09-2015, 06:35 AM
Guys i found a solution for your problems ex. Stuck at main screen can't click anything here's the solution. Go to your calendar and change ur date into August 1. Hope this helps you guys.;)

Zodin_Darkshine
05-13-2016, 01:59 PM
Just bought the game and played the tutorial then this problem. What i fear most is this has been reported 9 months ago and it has not been fixed, so what should I do, is it getting fixed soon or am I needing to seek a refund? Not going to wait 9 months.

TheSheistyThief
05-14-2016, 12:29 AM
I'm having the exact same problem. Just bought the game last night and the game gets to the menu and just freezes. Everything I've tried doesn't work. I've scoured online for any solution to this but I can't find a single thing. It's not even in their known issue list on the support page. I did submit a ticket, but I fear that the only solution I'm going to be given is to reinstall the game-- which I've tried with no success multiple times. I don't know how many people have been checking back on this thread, but anyone find a fix? And I didn't think it would work, but I tried that date change thing, and of course no luck.

I just wish they would provide some more info on this issue. I don't normally go seeking refunds, but it sucks to pay for a game that I haven't even been able to play a minute of.

**EDIT**

I got a pretty speedy reply. Here it is:

"We are aware of an issue with the game freezing after going on the Main Menu and please rest assured we have reported the issue to the Devs. In order to warkaround this issue while a patch is under development, please change the date on your console to a time before October 2015 (Example, 1st August 2015), then restart the console and launch the game. Please note, if the date is put back to the correct date, the issue will repeat itself. We are working to permanently resolve this issue via a patch, but while the patch is under developement, if you wish to play the game, please ensure you follow the workaround. We apologise for any inconvenience caused."

I guess I didn't restart my PS4 after the date change. Hopefully anyone else having these problems sees this!

KNIFEPARTY808
05-18-2016, 09:30 AM
I'm having the exact same problem. Just bought the game last night and the game gets to the menu and just freezes. Everything I've tried doesn't work. I've scoured online for any solution to this but I can't find a single thing. It's not even in their known issue list on the support page. I did submit a ticket, but I fear that the only solution I'm going to be given is to reinstall the game-- which I've tried with no success multiple times. I don't know how many people have been checking back on this thread, but anyone find a fix? And I didn't think it would work, but I tried that date change thing, and of course no luck.

I just wish they would provide some more info on this issue. I don't normally go seeking refunds, but it sucks to pay for a game that I haven't even been able to play a minute of.

**EDIT**

I got a pretty speedy reply. Here it is:

"We are aware of an issue with the game freezing after going on the Main Menu and please rest assured we have reported the issue to the Devs. In order to warkaround this issue while a patch is under development, please change the date on your console to a time before October 2015 (Example, 1st August 2015), then restart the console and launch the game. Please note, if the date is put back to the correct date, the issue will repeat itself. We are working to permanently resolve this issue via a patch, but while the patch is under developement, if you wish to play the game, please ensure you follow the workaround. We apologise for any inconvenience caused."

I guess I didn't restart my PS4 after the date change. Hopefully anyone else having these problems sees this!

yeah after i changed the date and time, the game worked. well, half the game. can only play story. thats fine i guess, but i would love to play multiplayer online. cant do that with the date changed. also, how are we sopost to get the patch if we set our systems to think its 2015?

jonhy_c
01-19-2017, 11:46 PM
So... 01-19-2017... EVRYTIME i want to log... EVERYTIME... i can't log in and i'm stuck at the strating menu....EVERYTIME, with that orange circle looping eternaly...EVERYTIME..... Please... do something. the last message about that i've seen was on may 2016.We are currently on january 2017. I still have that bug...EVERYTIME...Eternal loop...EVERYTIME... ( that message will loop until you find guys of Ubisoft a solution...EVERYTIME i want to log and will get a fail to get ingame...EVERYTIME...)

Oh... and I WONT CHANGE the date. Because its going to F... all my other game.

gameguruss
02-10-2017, 01:16 AM
Thank you for contacting Ubisoft Live Support. Please give me a moment to review your case. In the meantime, feel free to add any additional information that may pertain to your issue, and I will be with you shortly.
OK
Your best option is to start by resetting the console display and audio settings. If that does not work, try lowering your display output resolution.

If you continue to experience issues, try clearing your PS4 Game Data Utility files. Doing so will clear any install / update data and DLC content.

Note: All DLC items can be re-downloaded. Exclusive Content is tied to the account and does not need to be re-downloaded.

1. Navigate to your [Settings].
2. Select [System Storage Management].
3. Select the content you want to delete under [Applications] or [Captures], press the OPTIONS button and select [Delete].

Next, test your game disc on a second console.
In some cases, you could have a bad game disc. Please try testing your game on a second console to determine if you have the same results.

1. If you have the same issue on a second console, please try exchanging your game disc at the retailer for a new copy.
2. If you do not have the problem on a second system, the issue may be local to the save files on the console. Return to your Playstation 4 and try deleting your save progress using the steps below.

Clear Save Data Utility files.
2. To delete saved data, select [Application Saved Data] --> [Saved Data in System Storage] --> [Delete].

Once completed, please retry your game. If you continue to have problems, please update the ticket with the results of the steps above.
DID THAT
NO DIFFERENCE
have you completed this step as aell? Clear Save Data Utility files.
2. To delete saved data, select [Application Saved Data] --> [Saved Data in System Storage] --> [Delete].
YES, I DID THAT, WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO DO THAT A 2ND TIME?
I DID IT AB OUT 10 MINUTES AGO WHILE WAITING FO RYOU TO COME ONLINE
No, if that did not work there is a work around that we have available, you will need to change the date on your console to before October 2015 then you will need to restart the console and you will then be able to access the game.
THAT WILL MESS UP MY OTHER GAME SAVES, WHY WOULD I DO SOMETHING AS RIDICLOUS AS THAT?
CERTAIN SECURE WEBSITE WILL ALSO NOT WORK AT ALL, WHY YOU CHANGE THE DATE TO SOMETHING SO WRONG ON YOUR SYSTEM
The issue has been reported to the devs, if you would like to play this game you can do that work around to be able to access it.
THAT "WORK AROUND" WAS REPORTED 2 YEARS AGO, WHY IS THER NO UPDATE?
THE DEVS HAVENT DONE ANYTHING ON THIS ISSUE FOR YEARS.
LITERALLY YEARS
THIS IS COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS, AND WAITING YEAR S IS UNACCEPTABLE
I WANT MY MONEY BACK FOR A NON-WORKING PRODUCT
The work around was actually updated just a few months ago, if you would like a refund you will need to contact the retailer or vendor it was purchased from, if you purchased it from the PSN store you will need to contact Sony. Sony Support
Phone: 800.345.7669
Online: http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/contact-sales.pl?
THIS SI NOT ACCEPTABLE, THIS PRODUCT SHOULD BE PULLED FROM STORE SHELVES. THE "WORK AROUND" I FOUND POSTED IN YOUR FORUMS OVER A YEAR AGO, YOU ARE MISTAKEN
I AM THE RETAILER, I CANNOT RETURN BROKEN PRODUCTS LIKE THIS SO MY WHOLESALER.
We are unable to provide a refund for a purchase that is not made directly through our Ubisoft Store. If you are seeking a refund, you will need to contact the vendor where you purchased the game since you have entered in to a financial agreement with that company and are subject to their refund policies. My apologies for any inconvenience.
YOUR PRODUCT IS BROKEN
YOU MADE A BROKEN PRODUCT
The issue has already been reported.
YOU CONTUE TO SELL BROKEN PRODUCTS
YOU HAVE NOT FIXED ANYTING
Is there anything else that we can assist you with today?
CHANGING YOUR DATE IS NOT A WORKAROUND,
YEAH, YOU CAN GIVE ME TO YOUR SUPERVISOR
My apologies for any inconvenience. at this time we are not able to provide a live escalation. If there is no further issues that we can assist you with today i will need to end the chat. If you would like to play the game you are experiencing this issue with you can change the system date to before October 2015 and you will be able to access the game.
REPORTED: 08-29-2015, 04:31 PM#1princesswu Junior MemberJoin DateAug 2015Posts2PLEASE HELP game wont start freezes at menu screen ps4
IT WAS REPORTED 8-29-2015, A YEAR AND A HALF AGO
BEEN WAITING FOR HTE DEVS FOR A YEAR AND HALF
My apologies for any inconvenience. As it seems you have no further issues that we can assist with we will need to end the chat I hope you have a great evening.
CHANGING THE DATE COMPROMISES THE SECURITY OF MY CONSOLE, THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE
Ubisoft disconnected

StijnBCG
09-30-2018, 07:19 PM
September 30 2018, game still doesnt work.... Fck this, you scumbags should refund everyone that wasted their hard earned money on a broken piece of crap

GodlessHeresy
06-01-2019, 02:39 PM
It's been three and a half years. My main menu is frozen no matter what I do.

I would like to play this game that I bought years ago one day but looks like that's not happening.