PDA

View Full Version : Academy Magic and Metamagic skills/spells not working as intended?

loran16
08-29-2015, 06:45 AM
I suspect the magic system in this game I started as an academy wizard isn't working as intended.

1. My hero's mana total regenerates to full after each battle, meaning that after a few levels, there's basically no real cost to casting spells.

2. Metamagic doesn't follow its description. After I hit 3 metamagic, I can cast all spells at MASTER Level, instead of Novice as described in the description. This is true even with novice metamagic.

In short, I basically never worry about mana costs for spells and have master level spells as soon as I hit the 2nd turn of every battle. Pretty sure that's both broken and not as intended rofl.

I'd submit these as bugs except the link for bug submission doesn't work.

Krozam_Lowter
08-29-2015, 07:51 AM
I think you might be right... I've been playing Academy as well, and the mana regerneration does seem pretty fast, and metamagic seems overpowered. On the other hand, some spells have pretty insane mana costs, so perhaps it is purposefully balanced so that you might run out of mana in a prolonged battle, but afterwards it'll only take 1-2 days to recover.