PDA

View Full Version : Far Cry 4 launch problem

NorthernCycle
08-28-2015, 01:52 AM
Hello, i have had a problem with getting my copy of far cry 4 to launch. i run the game and it opens the uplay launcher, i get the syncing game saves, the far cry 4 window, then the syncing game saves for another split second and then nothing happens. I dont know what to do.

WID992007
08-28-2015, 03:23 AM
try shutting off the cloud save sync setting in the u play client first

open u play not your game .. look for the little gear icon click it and select settings ....under general settings un tick the top option that says use cloud save sync for all games ...see if that helps as a temporary fix

if this does not help you may want to go download and reinstall the u play client try installing it over your existing install ..as if you uninstall it it may delete your saved games and the games themselves ....you can get the u play client here https://uplay.ubi.com

it may be your firewall is blocking connection with the u play servers

see this page for several things you may need to do to fix it

including flush your DNS file

https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ/9/4277/pc-far-cry-4-connection-issues/kA030000000eio0CAA

make sure your not running any background applications as it says on that page too

and PLEASE DO open a support ticket with UBISOFT support

you can do so from that page i just linked .. look up top to where it says my questions on the upper left of that page

click there to log in and open a support ticket

this forum is not ubi support

this forum is to get tech help from community members and updates on on-going issues

WID992007
08-28-2015, 03:29 AM
it may take support up to 48 hours to respond in some cases ..if you need to you can also contact them by phone for your region during normal support hours

https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ/60/3888/international-support-contacts/kA030000000eiChCAI

or post back soon a mod will see your post and try to help expedite your support request .. good luck

i had the same problem once a few months ago .. to fix it all i did was reinstall the u play client .. that does not work for all

i have the game thru Steam not just u play ..so the method is a little different

plus i always keep that cloud save setting set to OFF ..it screwed me bad when it gave me a corrupt save file in my Far Cry 3 game 2 yrs ago and i lost all progress in my game ..ever since then i shut it off and keep it off and make manual backups of my saved games

and i do not wanna give you bad advice as you posted little info on what version of the game you have
there is a difference between the Steam version and the Uplay only version as far as the files are handled (different folder structures and all )

WID992007
08-28-2015, 03:43 AM
you may also want to look at these forums as your issue deals with a problem with the u play client

http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/513-Uplay

as when i had the problem back in March or so that's where i found the fix ..but like i said i have the Steam version of the title so the fix may not apply for you and may result in you wiping out all your u play games off your drive and have to re-download them and lose all your save data

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/746567-Failed-to-synchronize-Achievements?p=10659916&viewfull=1#post10659916

your fix may be more complex i dunno .......................so i'd contact Ubi Support ..as this seems to be an ongoing issue

and has never been fixed or addressed tho support did tell me in march it was being bumped up to the DEV team to investigate

Kimberly3/26/2015 8:00:51 PMHello.
Thank you for the update and information.
It is greatly appreciated.

I will additionally send the updated information to the development team for their information and investigation.

Thank you again for your passion for the game, as well as your patience in this matter.

is the last i heard on it and they closed my ticket since i fixed it myself

if i complete valley of the yeti .. still none of the following achievements for the Valley of the Yeti show up AT all

these would be
Home Sweet home
Night survivor
Builder
Master builder
Awakened
Spiritual Hunter
Master of the Awakened

it does the same **** .. now months later

with the steam version of the game i still have zero valley of the yeti achievements showing up at all in the u play client

and if i complete that portion of the game i STILL get failed to sync achievements and i have to reinstall the u play client

WID992007
08-28-2015, 04:21 AM
oh and should a mod come in please re open my ticket # 02111856

as it looks like its still an issue for others and get that info to the DEV team ...NOW !!!! its 5 months later PLEASE? i was told as i just this was gonna be taken care of by Kimberly my ubisoft support rep ..or do you guys just close em and delete em then move to another game and next ticket ?

xMiiSTY
08-28-2015, 07:03 PM
To reopen a ticket, just reply back to the latest response. A Support agent will get back to you after you've done so.

Thanks!

WID992007
09-02-2015, 10:39 PM
To reopen a ticket, just reply back to the latest response. A Support agent will get back to you after you've done so.

Thanks!
done thank you it seems to be happening to quite a few steam users i left links in the ticket info for the support staff to look at the steam forums as several people have reported the issue today

hope they cant resolve the issue soon

jeetdeogun
09-03-2015, 08:38 AM
I've been having the same problem since yesterday.
And the game was working fine till the day before
I've tried verifying the files but it did not help
I sent the mail to ubisoft yesterday but haven't got any reply till now
If I reinstall the game do I loose the progress ?

xMiiSTY
09-03-2015, 03:06 PM
We are currently looking into the issue: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1255845

Thank you.

helium3fridge
09-04-2015, 12:48 AM
We are currently looking into the issue: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1255845

Thank you.

Not just on consoles, I have the same issue on PC

WID992007
09-04-2015, 01:57 AM
Not just on consoles, I have the same issue on PC
if your using the Steam version of the game make sure your not running a beta version of the steam client // the game will not launch

in the upper left corner of steam click where it says steam go to settings / account

make sure your not using a beta version of the steam client .... if you are opt out of the beta and restart Steam

then try your game again

Billion3
09-04-2015, 05:00 AM
if your using the Steam version of the game make sure your not running a beta version of the steam client // the game will not launch

in the upper left corner of steam click where it says steam go to settings / account

make sure your not using a beta version of the steam client .... if you are opt out of the beta and restart Steam

then try your game again

Well I'll be a monkey's uncle! This worked! The game stopped working for me today, acting just like the original poster described, and turning off Steam beta fixed it.

WID992007
09-04-2015, 06:13 AM
glad you found your fix !

funny how everyone wanted to blame u play on this issue and complain .. and it turned out to be a STEAM problem :rolleyes: