PDA

View Full Version : AC Movie Discussion Thread (SPOILERS)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

socalgamer66
04-04-2017, 07:11 PM
Well as a fan of the AC series, to me the movie was a dud and sucked badly.

They would have been better off creating one based on Altair story and focusing more on the in game AC scenes than wasting most of the time in the lab with the Animus.

They screwed the pooch bad on this.

joshoolhorst
04-05-2017, 10:44 AM
Well as a fan of the AC series, to me the movie was a dud and sucked badly.

They would have been better off creating one based on Altair story and focusing more on the in game AC scenes than wasting most of the time in the lab with the Animus.

They screwed the pooch bad on this.

I think it would be alright if we stayed in the lab if the characters were fun but yeah you are not the only one
Also
https://twitter.com/BeatFassbender/status/848484201808756736

cawatrooper9
04-06-2017, 09:10 PM
That is something I wondered myself when I first saw it

"The hookblade has two parts... the hook, and the blade."

Likely that the technology was used specifically in that brotherhood (much like hookblades in Istanbul) and didn't really catch on anywhere else- so the Fryes may not have "invented" it, but rather rediscovered it.

joshoolhorst
04-07-2017, 09:22 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h03xp6_g-nU

My favorite moment of the movie damn that fight is good

joshoolhorst
04-07-2017, 09:29 AM
I personally can't see Lara as Maria's descendant, unless Maria is older than i thought and had a prior relationship before Aguilar.

Her actrice was born in 1984 if I am right but yeah she seems pretty young.

joshoolhorst
04-07-2017, 09:30 AM
"The hookblade has two parts... the hook, and the blade."

Likely that the technology was used specifically in that brotherhood (much like hookblades in Istanbul) and didn't really catch on anywhere else- so the Fryes may not have "invented" it, but rather rediscovered it.

Yeah I have my doubt on that one

joshoolhorst
04-07-2017, 12:50 PM
So I hear people saying that the head of content of AC said that Hollywood was taking the movie over and that is why it has so many mistakes

SixKeys
04-08-2017, 12:36 AM
So I hear people saying that the head of content of AC said that Hollywood was taking the movie over and that is why it has so many mistakes

Yes and no. The movie was a joint effort from the start between Ubisoft and 20th Century Fox. Compromises, mistakes and creative differences were inevitable. Ubisoft's first priority was to protect their IP, Fox's goal was to create a movie for as wide an audience as possible. With a lore as complex as that of AC, it's impossible to make a film that would appeal to the average moviegoer unless they simplified and streamlined things a LOT. There were many versions of the script, some more faithful to the lore than others. In the end, though, they settled for what we have now and all things considered I think it worked out better than expected. That would not have been the case if Ubi had held the reins too tightly and rejected all of Fox's suggestions. Only one of them has decades of experience in making movies, after all.

HDinHB
04-22-2017, 06:48 AM
If you're of the Playstation persuasion, you can rent the movie this weekend for 50.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C94B7n2V0AAVCbk.jpg

joshoolhorst
04-22-2017, 01:51 PM
If you're of the Playstation persuasion, you can rent the movie this weekend for 50.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C94B7n2V0AAVCbk.jpg

That is fine and all but I just want to know what Justin Kurzel, Michaels and Ubisofts thoughts are on the movie critics

Ygdrasel
05-08-2017, 06:29 PM
Finally saw the movie. Ugh, it was garbage. And what was that giant mechanical anal probe of an Animus anyway?

DEAR MOVIE MAKERS: STOP SETTING HISTORICAL FILMS IN DUSTY BROWN WASTES. You HAVE money, Ubisoft. Why go cheap?

ERICATHERINE
05-08-2017, 06:52 PM
And what was that giant mechanical anal probe of an Animus anyway?

Well, just so you know, prepare yourself to see it again, because a ubisoft employe said that there is a possibility we see it again in a futur ac game. Plus, one of the last descendant novels is kind of hinting that too, by saying Shaun went in the Abstergo facility of the movie to get some animus plans. ^-^

Ygdrasel
05-08-2017, 07:02 PM
Well, just so you know, prepare yourself to see it again, because a ubisoft employe said that there is a possibility we see it again in a futur ac game. Plus, one of the last descendant novels is kind of hinting that too, by saying Shaun went in the Abstergo facility of the movie to get some animus plans. ^-^

Ugh. Why. Why does it lift him off the ground. Why does he wear hidden blades while in an Animus design that has him swinging all about. That's just an unsafe work environment. Also unsafe: The machine actually throwing them to the floor during leaps of faith. One malfunction...

And why did he need the blades to access the Animus. Dumb. The genetic memory is supposed to be in his GENES already. That's literally the entire premise of the series.

Meanwhile, the movie itself realizes the Animus design is stupid when the guy's flailing about starts to break apart the machine.
If they want a new Animus design for the games moving forward, do like a sensory deprivation tank or something. Makes more sense. Block present senses, heighten synchronization with the simulated past senses.

And for people who wanted to avoid Matrix comparisons, they sure were eager to have some weird mechanical tube plug into the back of a guy's neck or back or wherever.

ERICATHERINE
05-08-2017, 09:13 PM
Ugh. Why. Why does it lift him off the ground. Why does he wear hidden blades while in an Animus design that has him swinging all about. That's just an unsafe work environment. Also unsafe: The machine actually throwing them to the floor during leaps of faith. One malfunction...

And why did he need the blades to access the Animus. Dumb. The genetic memory is supposed to be in his GENES already. That's literally the entire premise of the series.

Meanwhile, the movie itself realizes the Animus design is stupid when the guy's flailing about starts to break apart the machine.
If they want a new Animus design for the games moving forward, do like a sensory deprivation tank or something. Makes more sense. Block present senses, heighten synchronization with the simulated past senses.

And for people who wanted to avoid Matrix comparisons, they sure were eager to have some weird mechanical tube plug into the back of a guy's neck or back or wherever.

Well, in fact, this animus is supposed to be designed for the user to redo the exact same movement the ancestor did, thanks to muscle memory or something like that, which is supposed to increase the synchronization speed. That is, of course, if I remember correctly. I remember this thread, talking about it, back when the new animus got revealed in the trailers. ^-^

joshoolhorst
05-08-2017, 10:08 PM

You know I both LOVE and HATE the Animus design in the movie.

Let's first begin with the love part:
Let's be honest here it makes no sense that you lie down for a few hours or a few days and don't move a muscle and suddenly start acting like a crazy kung fu ninja. It makes more sense in a game because YOU feel the change in the character. When I read The Last Descendants I had a hard time believing that SPOILERS: Javier almost beat up a Abstergo Agent I was like WTF SPOILERS END HERE.
In the movie there is no connection like that and I would be laughing my *** of in the cinema if Callum just woke up with friends and started beating them up like for real?
I am happy to see him move around a bit more, getting sweaty, ghost like things for example. I love that.

Now we get to the bad things THINGS I hate:
1. Why does he need blades? are it memory trickers? because they didn't say that in the movie.
2. Why does Callum need to be in the air and what is that cloud thing?
3. So Callum is moving around in the Animus on a horse? I last talked about that with a friend of my

Friend: I like the Animus of the movie more than the game version more active but-
Me: Is he riding a ghost horse? XD
Friend laughing
Me: Wait a second what if his ancestor goes to a bath house will Callum take his pants of?
Friend:.....
Me: What if he has SEX with his great great great great grandma? would he not you know interact and move and feel what his ancestor feel- Wait wouldn't all his friends or college watch him get naked with a ''spirit'' hologram? I don't want to be that person to expierence that.
Friend and I laugh

4. Did Sophie try to slam Callum in the ground at one point?
5. Oke when I saw the arm break and Moussa turn around I thought he had something to do with it maybe... But than I read the book novelization of the movie which I heard was better and it is better but still I had to suffer the script atleast Sophie in the book made it better she is way better in the book than in the movie I AM GETTING OF TOPIC BACK TO IT: The arm breaks when they do a leap of faith WHY IN GOD'S NAME DO YOU LET SOMEBODY USE IT THAN?
6. What if the subject doesn't want to leave the Animus and still has his blades, knifes, swords ETC on... Do you need to throw him around with the arm?

ERICATHERINE
05-08-2017, 10:29 PM
You know I both LOVE and HATE the Animus design in the movie.

Let's first begin with the love part:
Let's be honest here it makes no sense that you lie down for a few hours or a few days and don't move a muscle and suddenly start acting like a crazy kung fu ninja. It makes more sense in a game because YOU feel the change in the character. When I read The Last Descendants I had a hard time believing that SPOILERS: Javier almost beat up a Abstergo Agent I was like WTF SPOILERS END HERE.
In the movie there is no connection like that and I would be laughing my *** of in the cinema if Callum just woke up with friends and started beating them up like for real?
I am happy to see him move around a bit more, getting sweaty, ghost like things for example. I love that.

Now we get to the bad things THINGS I hate:
1. Why does he need blades? are it memory trickers? because they didn't say that in the movie.
2. Why does Callum need to be in the air and what is that cloud thing?
3. So Callum is moving around in the Animus on a horse? I last talked about that with a friend of my

Friend: I like the Animus of the movie more than the game version more active but-
Me: Is he riding a ghost horse? XD
Friend laughing
Me: Wait a second what if his ancestor goes to a bath house will Callum take his pants of?
Friend:.....
Me: What if he has SEX with his great great great great grandma? would he not you know interact and move and feel what his ancestor feel- Wait wouldn't all his friends or college watch him get naked with a ''spirit'' hologram? I don't want to be that person to expierence that.
Friend and I laugh

4. Did Sophie try to slam Callum in the ground at one point?
5. Oke when I saw the arm break and Moussa turn around I thought he had something to do with it maybe... But than I read the book novelization of the movie which I heard was better and it is better but still I had to suffer the script atleast Sophie in the book made it better she is way better in the book than in the movie I AM GETTING OF TOPIC BACK TO IT: The arm breaks when they do a leap of faith WHY IN GOD'S NAME DO YOU LET SOMEBODY USE IT THAN?
6. What if the subject doesn't want to leave the Animus and still has his blades, knifes, swords ETC on... Do you need to throw him around with the arm?

I can answer to that one. From my point of view, him wanting to stay in the animus would only serve Abstergo's goal quicker, so I'm pretty sure they would let him stay in the animus. After all this was is very first animus experience, we saw in the movie, so it's not like he would be crazy at the end of the day or anything. As for if we're talking about the an Assassins using it in an Assassins HQ or hideout, I'm pretty sure he would accept stoping using it, without hurting anyone. After all, aren't they saying they can't hurt the innocent? ^-^

SixKeys
05-09-2017, 12:23 AM

Sophie's team are obviously pressed for time as the leaders of the Order think the project isn't providing results and want to shut it down. It's vital to the program's continued success that Callum fully synchronize with his ancestor. If the leap of faith can help him cross that threshold, the team are willing to risk a little wear and tear. If they can offer results, they will be able to afford better equipment, after all.

joshoolhorst
05-09-2017, 06:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_og_bDdUbRQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_og_bDdUbRQ

http://download.gamezone.com/uploads/image/data/1202716/article_post_width_brenda_popcorn.gif
I have waited for this

Edit: Come to think of it having hoodies on is just waaaaay to stupid for the modern day Templars hell Abstergo Montreal doesn't like hoodies they think it's suspicious... But the ending of the movie was **** so

cawatrooper9
05-30-2017, 04:46 PM
Alright, finally watched the AC movie for the first time last week (I know, I'm super late to the party on this one).

A few thoughts on it:

- I'm actually kind of glad that the film focused on MD stuff. I think it was actually a lot better than the past sections. The past plot really just seemed like action set pieces with almost no context, and while the action was good enough, I really had a hard time caring about anything going on other than "that looks cool".

- That being said, I did appreciate that they actually used Spanish with subtitles.

- Fassbender and Cotillard, in my opinion, contributed what may be the best performances in any video game movie in history. I guess that's not that impressive of a claim, though, so I'll just go out and say it- they acted well in general.

- Not sure how the community feels about this, but I think the last 30 minutes of the movie (everything after the final Aguilar segment) was by far the best part. The MD Assassins fighting and the finale were just really cool to see, especially since we really haven't seen much of the MD Assassins before. Part of the reason why I like Syndicate's ending, too.

MARV3L3D GAM3R
07-11-2018, 11:47 PM
There is a great movie which is what the AC movie should have been .The Three Musketeers features Luke Evans in 2011.