PDA

View Full Version : AC Movie Discussion Thread (SPOILERS)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

SixKeys
05-11-2016, 03:39 AM
A thought suddenly occurred to me: do we actually know when the modern day part of the movie is supposed to take place? They've said the movie is set in the same universe as the games, but in the games the current memory machine (Helix) looks very different from the Animus-like machine seen in the film. What if it's not set in 2016 but a few years earlier, around the time Desmond was still alive?

Mr.Black24
05-11-2016, 06:08 AM
A thought suddenly occurred to me: do we actually know when the modern day part of the movie is supposed to take place? They've said the movie is set in the same universe as the games, but in the games the current memory machine (Helix) looks very different from the Animus-like machine seen in the film. What if it's not set in 2016 but a few years earlier, around the time Desmond was still alive?

I could be wrong, but the Ubisoft had always maintained that the lore corresponds with real life time, so I'd wager its after Desmond's death, now in 2016. Since Abstergo manages to upgrade their Animus from 1.0 to Helix, perhaps this is a new upgrade as well?

It also makes me wonder if he will ever appear or be mentioned in the game's lore as well.

ERICATHERINE
05-11-2016, 06:19 AM
but the Ubisoft had always maintained that the lore corresponds with real life time

Actually, ac 1 md was in the future of our time, back when it launched. The story was in 2012 while (I think) the game launched in 2007. ^-^

Mr.Black24
05-11-2016, 06:24 AM
Actually, ac 1 md was in the future of our time, back when it launched. The story was in 2012 while (I think) the game launched in 2007. ^-^
While this is true, it became a rule after AC3. As I said before, they might do a future or past time in this movie, but I feel like it will take place in 2016. Its a guess though!

Senningiri_GR
05-11-2016, 06:25 AM

I read this and though: What if the movie is not set in 2016 or prior, but in the future. I mean to say just like they did with Assassin's Creed, Assassin's Creed 2, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Assassin's Creed Revelations, which were games of the years 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, but their present day story of Desmond took place in late 2012 since the first game back in 2007. Also this way I think they found a way to fill the gap of what Desmond would be doing between each game and were able to have each game start from the point that the previous game ended. So the film might take place in 2020 and a sequel to be in the theaters in the same year like the games (prior to ACRe-AC3)

But I think there is an antithesis with this image:
http://www.trbimg.com/img-5730bfe4/turbine/la-1462812741-snap-photo/750/750x422

SixKeys theory might be more possible as Callum Lynch has injected in his had these medical tubes with some liquid like in this 2000 model of the Animus:
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/assassinscreed/images/b/b0/ACTC-Daniel_Animus.png/revision/latest?cb=20121001142336

Mr.Black24
05-11-2016, 06:28 AM
I read this and though: What if the movie is not set in 2016 or prior, but in the future. I mean to say just like they did with Assassin's Creed, Assassin's Creed 2, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Assassin's Creed Revelations, which were games of the years 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, but their present day story of Desmond took place in late 2012 since the first game back in 2007. Also this way I think they found a way to fill the gap of what Desmond would be doing between each game and were able to have each game start from the point that the previous game ended. So the film might take place in 2020 and a sequel to be in the theaters in the same year like the games (prior to ACRe-AC3)

But I think there is an antithesis with this image:
http://www.trbimg.com/img-5730bfe4/turbine/la-1462812741-snap-photo/750/750x422

SixKeys theory might be more possible as Callum Lynch has injected in his had these medical tubes with some liquid like in this 2000 model of the Animus:
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/assassinscreed/images/b/b0/ACTC-Daniel_Animus.png/revision/latest?cb=20121001142336 But there is no visible visor that would go over his head. Even the one Desmond had used during his imprisonment, the Animus 1.0 had a visor that pops up. This more looks like a medical facility and he just woke up from "death".

Senningiri_GR
05-11-2016, 06:34 AM
But there is no visible visor that would go over his head. Even the one Desmond had used during his imprisonment, the Animus 1.0 had a visor that pops up. This more looks like a medical facility and he just woke up from "death".

That is true. You could also say that this is not the Animus/Helix, but that this image shows Callum Lynch taking medicine for preventing the Bleeding Effect. I think he looks in pain.

pacmanate
05-11-2016, 07:43 AM
That's a medical chair, not an Animus.

Callum Lynch is put on death row and injected with a lethal syringe, he wakes up in Abstergo.

This picture is depicting his "resurrection" from death.

kosmoscreed
05-11-2016, 10:18 AM
The trailer may not be out today but tomorrow.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/684905-more-assassins-creed#/slide/1

Markaccus
05-11-2016, 12:24 PM
So, to take a simplistic view.... they seem to be using the very popular ezio time period for the in-animus part of the film. They are also using the "Desmond" style story for the modern day portions. (Taken by abstergo, and I imagine he will suss whats going on eventually and maybe escape). Since all other modern day stuff is a bit sh1t to say the least, i suppose this strategy is the safest.

Sorrosyss
05-11-2016, 01:10 PM
Whilst I agree that looks like a medical bed, the Animus that Charlotte uses in the current comics has no visor either - so there is a current precedent for it. In the FCBD issue, it's revealed that a needle is actually inserted into the skin to replace some of the old tech. It's quite possible that's what's happening here I guess.

crusader_prophet
05-11-2016, 03:20 PM
It was nice knowing you all. Until the internet is fixed again after it breaks from the trailer release. :-)

joshoolhorst
05-11-2016, 03:54 PM
So it has been more than 20 hours ago I believe. They said the trailer will get released today and it is still not out. Ugh I hope it's not tomorrow.

SixKeys
05-11-2016, 04:24 PM
Ugh, Ubisoft's "can't confirm" approach to everything is seriously ridiculous. On UbiBanshee's Twitter someone asked if the trailer is confirmed for today or tomorrow and she replied "can't confirm specifics but soon!".

Everywhere people - even people directly connected to the franchise - have been talking about Wednesday, now suddenly there might be a change in plans but nobody can even confirm that?

joshoolhorst
05-11-2016, 05:06 PM
Ugh, Ubisoft's "can't confirm" approach to everything is seriously ridiculous. On UbiBanshee's Twitter someone asked if the trailer is confirmed for today or tomorrow and she replied "can't confirm specifics but soon!".

Everywhere people - even people directly connected to the franchise - have been talking about Wednesday, now suddenly there might be a change in plans but nobody can even confirm that?

OMG Ubisoft is turning into TTG

pacmanate
05-11-2016, 05:59 PM
It comes when it comes... go and play outside.

LieutenantRex
05-11-2016, 06:06 PM
It comes when it comes... go and play outside.

Is that really how you look? If so, you're really cute. Like a middle eastern Zayne Malik.

RVSage
05-11-2016, 07:37 PM
The wait continues, hope we get to see the trailer soon. Need our yearly dose of AC

Senningiri_GR
05-11-2016, 07:58 PM

Oh no. It will be released next year. Everyone knows what Ubisoft means with "soon". Like the Initiates site waiting...

ze_topazio
05-11-2016, 08:08 PM
Where's mah trailer?

joshoolhorst
05-11-2016, 09:50 PM
It has been probably more than 24 hours now so where is the trailer?

http://i.imgur.com/qh14c.gif

ERICATHERINE
05-11-2016, 10:14 PM
Didn't they said thursday in an article? I'm pretty sure I readed that in a link of this thread? :confused:

LieutenantRex
05-11-2016, 10:33 PM
http://i.imgur.com/qh14c.gif

No. Now it ends.

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/images.hellogiggles.com/uploads/2016/05/03104905/young-ned.gif

pacmanate
05-11-2016, 11:26 PM
Is that really how you look? If so, you're really cute. Like a middle eastern Zayne Malik.

Yes, that is really what I look like, haha. Thank you, I guess? :)

Edit - New Rumour is 12:00PT. Whether that is AM or PM I have no idea, but for the UK that would be either 8am or 8pm

I-Like-Pie45
05-12-2016, 04:54 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfJVoF5ko1Y

LieutenantRex
05-12-2016, 05:10 AM

I don't think I've ever been so disappointed in my life.

SixKeys
05-12-2016, 05:17 AM
I DON'T WANT TO BE HYPED FOR THIS, BUT I AM, GODDAMMIT.

http://i65.tinypic.com/65yh45.jpg

Ubi-Banshee
05-12-2016, 05:57 AM
i don't want to be hyped for this, but i am, goddammit.

let the hype flow through you

SixKeys
05-12-2016, 06:05 AM
I need a desktop wallpaper size version of that poster, stat.

RVSage
05-12-2016, 06:47 AM

Loved the visuals, the background music of the trailer was not that great. Hope the actual movie has better Background score. They could have avoided the rap, it does not fit the Spanish Inquisition age. The music checked my expectations

But still very much hyped :D. May be the movie will exceed expectations

PS: the first look poster is awesome.

joshoolhorst
05-12-2016, 07:20 AM
I wake up in the morning look at my computer screen and get real hyped watching the trailer.:)

But the visual style nah I would've liked it with more colour in it but I will get used to it. The music was kinda weird but I understand because Michael can get some bleeding effect

ACfan443
05-12-2016, 07:20 AM

Ubi's usually on the ball with music choices for their trailers but that was some mismatched hot garbage. The film footage absolutely delivered though and I love the stylisation.

That giant robotic arm he was strapped to, was that the animus?

joshoolhorst
05-12-2016, 07:27 AM
I don't think I've ever been so disappointed in my life.

I wake up in the morning look at my computer screen and get real hyped watching the trailer.:)

Visuals though I'm not so much of a fan for that style but I will get used to it. Music was alright though but I do wish they took something else.

joshoolhorst
05-12-2016, 07:36 AM

Visuals though I'm not so much of a fan for that style but I will get used to it. Music was alright though but I do wish they took something else.

andreycvetov
05-12-2016, 07:36 AM
Damn , I don't know if was from the trailer , but I felt a little bit dissapointed .Fingers crossed for the movie's success ,but right now I am not feeling it .

Sigma 1313
05-12-2016, 08:07 AM
Ubi's usually on the ball with music choices for their trailers but that was some mismatched hot garbage. The film footage absolutely delivered though and I love the stylisation.

That giant robotic arm he was strapped to, was that the animus?

Apparently so. They wanted the character to be more interacted with than just sitting in a chair because that was too matrixy or something. Ubisoft might use it in a future game too? http://collider.com/assassins-creed-movie-things-to-know/

RinoTheBouncer
05-12-2016, 08:46 AM
Hey everyone,
Happy Assassin's Creed Movie trailer launch day! I'm sure you were all as shocked as I am. The movie is gonna be a pure masterpiece, judging by the outstanding narrative and directorial efforts.

Here's an article that I stumbled upon, sharing various interesting facts about the movie's plot and its production:

Abstergo’s complex is hidden inside an old church in Spain, so the Abstergo set has exposed walls that make it look like it’s built within an old Spanish church.

Fassbender’s character, Callum Lynch, was on death row for murder in Texas, but his execution was faked and he was whisked away to Spain.

There are 30-40 other patients at Abstergo, and all of the main patients that Callum interacts with have ancestors from a time period in a previous Assassin’s Creed game.

Callum travels back via the Animus more than twice during the movie.

Marion Cotillard’s character is Sofia Rikken, who is running the Abstergo prison, trying to identify where violence begins and create treatments that eradicate violence in society. Jeremy Irons plays her father, who is the head of Abstergo and may or may not have more sinister motives.

Callum sees Rikken as the Warden of the Abstergo facility.

Production took place on the 007 stage at Pinewood Studios in London, which housed the Abstergo set.

The Abstergo set was built so that as much of it as possible was connected for real, from the corridors to the recreation area to the individual cells, so that cinematographer Adam Arkapaw could shoot a lot of long, unbroken takes without a lot of cutting.

They shot a recreation of the Spanish Inquisition. Fassbender is the only present day actor who appears in the past sequences in the film.

The film is roughly 65% present day sequences, 35% regression sequences.

The ancestor of Michael K. Williams’ character is based in voodoo and trickery, while Matias Varela’s ancestor is Yusef, a Middle Eastern assassin.

Some of the present day characters exhibit powers and extraordinary abilities.

The bleeding effect is in the film as Cal sees a vision of his ancestor who teaches him fight moves.

Eagle Vision is also an important part of the film.

For the scenes on location in Malta, they had up to 900 extras in 15th century clothes.

They changed the design of the Animus to make it more interactive for the actors, and Ubisoft liked it so much they may incorporate it into a future game.

British freerunner Damien Walters served as Michael Fassbender’s stunt double for freerunning sequences. Sadly, there will be no scene of Fassbender jumping into a wheelbarrel of hay.

They made 3,000 weapon props. Getting the wristblades to work for real while also looking pretty was really tough for the team, but they pulled it off. They treated the weapons like Easter Eggs, so weapons taken straight out of the games are scattered throughout the films.

Connor Kenway’s bow from Assassin’s Creed III makes an appearance. Ubisoft gave the prop makers a Bible of every weapon ever made for the games that they could use as a guide. Even though the game wasn’t out yet, Justin Kurzel wanted to include a weapon from Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate, so Ubisoft obliged.

Ubisoft didn’t make any specific requests with regards to which weapons needed to be included in the game. But they did request to keep some of the weapons after filming concluded.

The Assassins costumes took 2-3 months to make and were all hand-crafted. There are eight versions of each costume, with an entire costume team devoted to each of the Assassins.

The toughest costume to create was Aguilar’s, because it had to be designed first in order to set their version of the Assassin.
They wanted to differentiate the 15th century sequences from the present day sequences through color palettes, with the flashbacks taking on a more Earthy tone in contrast to the stark, sterile nature of present day.

The costume designers had to construct the hoods so that they would maintain their point even while the actors were running around, which is tougher than it sounds.

It took them 20-30 versions to create a hood that would look like the game and maintain its shape while the actor moved. Fassbender was attracted to the game because he wanted to do a fantasy film that was rooted in science, and also thought the idea of Templars vs. Assassins was intriguing.

Fassbender likens the themes of Assassin’s Creed to Star Wars in that there’s a dark side and a light side, and they’re both contradicting one another all the time.

Filming took place over the course of 80 days.

There was a strong emphasis on practical effects and doing as much in camera as possible, like having actors make a 30-meter leap for real.

Kurzel didn’t want the movie to feel like a superhero film, he wanted to embrace “what it is to be human” through practical effects and parkour-intensive stunts.

Production had to be completed by November 15th to make way for Star Wars: Episode VIII to take over the stage.

Source: http://collider.com/assassins-creed-movie-things-to-know/

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CiO6Zv0WgAATGbw.jpg:large

More at www.thecodexofassassinscreed.com (http://www.thecodexofassassinscreed.com)

pacmanate
05-12-2016, 09:01 AM
So damn awesome.

This FELT different from the games in such a good way. I actually got chills watching it, it had such a mysterious tone to it throughout and I love how grounded in reality they seem to have made it.

The lethal injection instead of kidnapping = Great Idea
New Animus which is a free float grip = Great Idea

I love the colour tones distinguishing the past and modern day, I think that works really well. They seem to have done Parkour right too, it looks fantastic and also looks weightless like the games, in the sense that it looks like second nature for the Assassin's to be doing all of this and the flow and camera angles are just perfect.

Overall, this trailer looks better than any AC game, it's so dark and mysterious, almost got AC1 vibes.

dxsxhxcx
05-12-2016, 09:57 AM
Apparently so. They wanted the character to be more interacted with than just sitting in a chair because that was too matrixy or something. Ubisoft might use it in a future game too? http://collider.com/assassins-creed-movie-things-to-know/

"They changed the design of the Animus to make it more interactive for the actors, and Ubisoft liked it so much they may incorporate it into a future game."

Oh god, here we go... :nonchalance:

I can understand why they've done that for the movie (even though I hated it and couldn't help but facepalm when I realized that giant arm was supposed to be the animus) but add that into the games (IMO) is not a good idea.

the way the animus works is pretty much established in the games now, no reason to change it and waste more valuable (MD) screen time explaining why things are that way now, especially when it won't add anything relevant to the table.

"The film is roughly 65% present day sequences, 35% regression sequences."

At least someone understands what is needed to tell a decent story, many may disagree with me, but (IMO) it's the modern days that controls the pace of everything and (story-wise) it's pretty much the heart of the franchise, I'm not saying the games should take this approach (after all, gameplay is as important as the story of a game), but more (MD) screen time is (much) needed, while they don't understand that Assassin's Creed is (essentially) the story of a modern day character using the animus and reliving his/her ancestors memories for a reason and treat the Modern Days accordingly, the story will always lacks something, (story-wise) the MD is as important as the historical period and shouldn't be treated as the afterthought it's today.

about the music: IMO it fits the fast paced action and dark tone of the Modern Days that was shown in the trailer, they could've removed the vocals though, they do feel out of place.

Senningiri_GR
05-12-2016, 10:18 AM
Personal I hate the new animus-giant hand thing and wish it won't end in a game... Really they did it because animus-bed or chair looks like the matrix??? Firstly, who cares? Secondly, there is the Animus Omega that is completely different and looks more like a VR

Markaccus
05-12-2016, 10:29 AM
I have a nerd-on. That music did not suit imo, as others have said. I am.hoping for at least a tribute to the underlying "theme tune" that has been present in all of the games

AdrianJacek
05-12-2016, 10:33 AM
I am.hoping for at least a tribute to the underlying "theme tune" that has been present in all of the games

There's no such thing.

Markaccus
05-12-2016, 10:53 AM
There's no such thing.

Maybe "theme tune" was the wrong term, but hopefully most people will know I was refering to the female voice bit that usually kicks in during the intro sequences. It's always there in some form.

Somebody re posted the trailler with different music, and that has it in near the end.

dxsxhxcx
05-12-2016, 11:02 AM
Maybe "theme tune" was the wrong term, but hopefully most people will know I was refering to the female voice bit that usually kicks in during the intro sequences. It's always there in some form.

Somebody re posted the trailler with different music, and that has it in near the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AliORfBeZlo

This one? Much better! The lyrics also fit the theme of the franchise.

pacmanate
05-12-2016, 11:20 AM
^^ That's such better music for this trailer! It fits way to better!

Markaccus
05-12-2016, 11:21 AM

That is better. By far. Anything without kanye.
However i was refering to the one posted in its own thread by king-hielz.

Nerdman3000
05-12-2016, 11:29 AM

Hey, that's the fanart I made! What's it doing as the signature of your post?

Also, good trailer, but needed different music.

Senningiri_GR
05-12-2016, 11:34 AM
I think that in this image the assassin is too low to make leap of faith...

ERICATHERINE
05-12-2016, 11:41 AM
I think that in this image the assassin is too low to make leap of faith...

Well, maybe it's because it's an image and not a real video. :p

Strafer1987
05-12-2016, 11:42 AM
I don't know man.

At least they kept the logo the same.

Selestina118
05-12-2016, 12:35 PM

Yes! That is an awesome fan-edit. If there was one thing Unity had going for it - it had an awesome trailer. :p So hyped for this movie!

andreycvetov
05-12-2016, 01:33 PM
I am all in for modern day ,I think that it makes ac what ac is , but that 65 % present day vs 35 regression seems off .I just can't figure why Ubi would do this . I was left with the impression that a big part of the people who play the game enjoy the historical aspect far more . This is why the game sells . I do believe that they should incorporate the modern day segments , but 65 % ?

dxsxhxcx
05-12-2016, 01:44 PM
I am all in for modern day ,I think that it makes ac what ac is , but that 65 % present day vs 35 regression seems off .I just can't figure why Ubi would do this . I was left with the impression that a big part of the people who play the game enjoy the historical aspect far more . This is why the game sells . I do believe that they should incorporate the modern day segments , but 65 % ?

Because here they only have a story to tell, the historical period is just the means to an end. (in the games they have to worry about gameplay as well, that's why the historical period gets the bigger piece of the cake there, it's the selling point of the franchise, but IMO from a story POV the MD is as important as, if not more than, the historical one)

andreycvetov
05-12-2016, 01:52 PM
Because here they only have a story to tell, the historical period is just the means to an end. (in the games they have to worry about gameplay as well, that's why the historical period gets the bigger piece of the cake there, it's the selling point of the franchise, but IMO from a story POV the MD is as important as, if not more than, the historical one)

I get the reasoning behind it , but am not sure if audiences will respond well to this .I myself , would want more historical assassin stuff and it's not that I do not get why they are doing more modern day .It just feels off , i cant explain it :/

dxsxhxcx
05-12-2016, 02:05 PM
I know what you mean, I guess that (assuming the percentage is accurate of course) they could've made the historical portion a bit bigger than it is, but given the limited time they'll have to tell the story, I don't think they can afford spending too much time in the historical period without actually getting something out of it that'll advance the (MD) story forward. (that's why I think TV series work better with franchises like these than movies)

I for one hope that the bigger focus the movie will give to the Modern Days make people see the potential this portion of the story has in the game..

cawatrooper9
05-12-2016, 02:12 PM
I get the reasoning behind it , but am not sure if audiences will respond well to this .I myself , would want more historical assassin stuff and it's not that I do not get why they are doing more modern day .It just feels off , i cant explain it :/

I feel much the same way. To many fans, AC is absolutely about the modern day stuff, and we've actually been pretty badly snubbed in recent games. Look at the comics, though- a lot of them probably have even less than 35% regression sequences.

Still, in the public's eye, AC is about the history. This is going to be a little bit of a gamble, I think.

In Black Flag, there was a similar ratio- roughly 60% standard ground play with about 40% play at sea. I wish the film had followed a similar model and put the slight majority with what people have come to expect from the series (history) and had the slight minority as their playground to try new things.

cawatrooper9
05-12-2016, 02:17 PM
A couple thoughts:

I didn't hate the visuals, but if we can reasonably have a debate over whether the games or the movie look better, something is wrong.

Parkour mostly looks great, but why are there flips? They're Assassins, not Jedi.

I was soooo glad that the Animus came back instead of the Helix... that is, until I learned that the Animus is apparently GLaDOS.

Combat actually looks pretty decent.

There is apparently going to be a lot of MD stuff in this movie- as long as stuff actually happens in the MD, this could be really exciting! If not, the whole thing will be a flop.

dxsxhxcx
05-12-2016, 02:23 PM
I feel much the same way. To many fans, AC is absolutely about the modern day stuff, and we've actually been pretty badly snubbed in recent games. Look at the comics, though- a lot of them probably have even less than 35% regression sequences.

Still, in the public's eye, AC is about the history. This is going to be a little bit of a gamble, I think.

Assuming the movie will have a good reception, I believe this will probably be the main complaint people will have about it, It's a shame that people can't see the story as a whole, IMO this would greatly improve its quality, if the people could accept that Modern Days and Historical aren't two separated things, but two sides of the same coin.

Markaccus
05-12-2016, 02:27 PM
It depends on how long the film is. I mean, if it's going to be around 2 hrs, then that gives us 40mins+ of history action scenes. Thats plenty. Most of the story and plot can/should be done in the modern day.

VoXngola
05-12-2016, 02:40 PM
I for one love the fact that there is SO much focus on modern day, what we don't get in the games anymore we now get in the movie. But I gotta agree, 65 % seems a bit too much and I'm not sure how most people will react to this.

Ehh, it's a win for me.

Phenton123
05-12-2016, 02:51 PM
I hope they don't spend too long explaining the backstory to the animus differntiating it to the games

dxsxhxcx
05-12-2016, 03:33 PM
I hope they don't spend too long explaining the backstory to the animus differntiating it to the games

it shouldn't take more than 10 minutes to explain how the animus works, I assume the animus of the movie was built that way because the protagonist will mimic the actions he does while reliving the memory of his ancestor in the Modern Days as well, so that "Armnimus" will give its user freedom of movement to do that, we can see Abstergo employees making Callum wear hidden blades at some point in the trailer, I assume they are doing that so he can feel their weight and measure how much force he needs to use while hitting someone with them.

Sushiglutton
05-12-2016, 04:25 PM
it shouldn't take more than 10 minutes to explain how the animus works, I assume the animus of the movie was built that way because the protagonist will mimic the actions he does while reliving the memory of his ancestor in the Modern Days as well, so that "Armnimus" will give its user freedom of movement to do that, we can see Abstergo employees making Callum wear hidden blades at some point in the trailer, I assume they are doing that so he can feel their weight and measure how much force he needs to use while hitting someone with them.

That actually makes a lot more sense than the Animus in the games. I mean Desmond was supposed to learn the skills of his ancestors. Using your body in the process seems like a much more efficient way to learn using your muscle memory so to speak. Case in point, having played AC for hundreds of hours I can't do any of the acrobatics....

Ubi-Banshee
05-12-2016, 05:12 PM
I was thinking about the Animus too, and it seems to me that they were probably (other than the Matrix similarities) trying to translate the bleeding effect more visually and kinetically. That way when he goes through Aguilar's memories and becomes super assassin, the audience can see him mirroring the moves vs. them having to explain it through exposition. IDK just my two cents, excited to see how it translates!

crusader_prophet
05-12-2016, 05:27 PM
Did you guys notice this?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CiOy3ggWEAA2P-M.jpg:large

RVSage
05-12-2016, 05:29 PM
I was thinking about the Animus too, and it seems to me that they were probably (other than the Matrix similarities) trying to translate the bleeding effect more visually and kinetically. That way when he goes through Aguilar's memories and becomes super assassin, the audience can see him mirroring the moves vs. them having to explain it through exposition. IDK just my two cents, excited to see how it translates!

The new animus explains bleeding effect better than older versions, you do not gain physical skills just by lying on a surface. I really love it. An idea the game certainly can use

@Crusader_Prophet

Hahahah , nice catch

crusader_prophet
05-12-2016, 05:36 PM
I love everything about the trailer. It met my expectations. May be the rap could have been avoided with another score (just because I think Kanye East is an awful human being) with a similar theme of lyrics.But it is most likely they are reserving the score for final edits and couldn't make it into the trailer. And also two slow-mo head raises could have been avoided. And about the Animus arm, it is only the arm of the entire device, we haven't seen the entire Animus of the movie yet, that shot was just when bleeding effect is complete and Callum is getting out of the Animus. Overall the trailer was worth the wait.

Markaccus
05-12-2016, 05:47 PM

Seems like someone got a bit carried away.

Desmonds flying machine is included from Assassins Creed: Unicate V, Revelation's Flag.

dxsxhxcx
05-12-2016, 05:50 PM
The new animus explains bleeding effect better than older versions, you do not gain physical skills just by lying on a surface. I really love it. An idea the game certainly can use

I don't think it does, assuming that Callum didn't previously know how to do that (fight and parkour), the ancestor' skills still have to come from a "magical" place (Bleeding Effect), having freedom of movement to mimic these moves or not while reliving the ancestor's memories doesn't change that.

Markaccus
05-12-2016, 06:02 PM
I don't think it does, assuming that Callum didn't previously know how to do that (fight and parkour), the ancestor' skills still have to come from a "magical" place (Bleeding Effect), having freedom of movement to mimic these moves or not while reliving the ancestor's memories doesn't change that.

Muscle memory is often a big part in learning athletic moves, so I actually think this would be a decent idea to run with

crusader_prophet
05-12-2016, 06:03 PM

It does come from a magical place - the technology being shown in the movie. embedding kinetic aspect to it adds a layer of realism and that is brilliant addition to relate to non-gamers. I rather have a subject go through brutal and painstaking experimentation to fully realize bleeding effect than sleep in a chair comfortably. It adds a whole new dimension of emotional involvement from the audience for the character. And Callum will also have holographic Aguilar guide him. So Kurzel's vision is on-point in translating the Animus concept in a motion picture compared to the games.

Farlander1991
05-12-2016, 06:19 PM
It does come from a magical place - the technology being shown in the movie. embedding kinetic aspect to it adds a layer of realism and that is brilliant addition to relate to non-gamers. I rather have a subject go through brutal and painstaking experimentation to fully realize bleeding effect than sleep in a chair comfortably. It adds a whole new dimension of emotional involvement from the audience for the character. And Callum will also have holographic Aguilar guide him. So Kurzel's vision is on-point in translating the Animus concept in a motion picture compared to the games.

Yeah. In the games it's done via controls themselves, i.e. you as a player control Desmond without pretty much any abilities from the Assassins, but then after spending time with Altair and Ezio he gets things like Eagle Vision, free-runing movement and proper combat controls. So it doesn't really matter for the games how the Animus looks like, because the players feel that progression through the controls, but it's something the movies don't have.

BananaBlighter
05-12-2016, 06:39 PM
I don't really like the music, but visually I think it's pretty much spot on. I like the dark atmosphere, more like AC1 than AC2 which was what I was expecting it to look like. The combat also looks decent, and I actually kinda like that the parkour is more modern.

I'm fine with the occasional flip during tall jumps, and it often helps it flow better (rather than simply falling), but I hope and am somewhat sure that it won't become excessive to the point that the parkour doesn't serve it's real purpose which is to efficiently travel from one point to another, and instead becomes overly flashy. I mean, it does have to entertain the audience, but in the context of Assassin's Creed, parkour is merely used for practical purposes.

I agree. It will be much simpler to show shots of Aguilar doing his assassiny stuff while showing Callum Lynch slowly improve, rather than have to go to the effort of explaining it. The audience are much more likely to understand the animus (which for most will be a new concept), if they can visualize how it works. However I hope that this is not translated in to the games. Seems a bit too ridiculous for my liking, and the animus the way it is IMO is more believable.

Ureh
05-12-2016, 06:50 PM
Personal I hate the new animus-giant hand thing and wish it won't end in a game... Really they did it because animus-bed or chair looks like the matrix??? Firstly, who cares? Secondly, there is the Animus Omega that is completely different and looks more like a VR

There are claws in the Matrix movies as well. Notably, there's the claw that "frees" Keanu from the matrix. I guess it represented a rebirth as his body was being lifted into the light. In the AC movies, the claw is a sort of rebirth - I guess - because Aguilar's memories are relived and his talents will probably pass on to Callum. The biggest difference is that the Matrix claw brings Neo into the real world, the AC claw imprisons Callum in the digital world.

The lethal injection scene kinda reminds me of the scene from Terminator Salvation where the protag dies in the same way and then is reborn as a Terminator.

dxsxhxcx
05-12-2016, 06:54 PM
I think it makes the Bleeding Effect lose a little of its charm, because people may assume that Callum's recently acquired skills will come from the movements he'll be mimicking during the MD while in the animus instead of the prolonged exposure to the emulation.

It's nice to know that he'll have visions like S16 and Desmond though.. :)

cawatrooper9
05-12-2016, 07:08 PM

Yeah, I thought that was a weird choice, assuming it appears in the past and not the MD segments. Connor's bow doesn't really even have a tie in with the Assassins, at least not as far as we know. He had it before he ever really set out to become an Assassin.

It would be one thing if we saw Arno's default robes, Evie's canesword, or even Ezio's hookblade. But a random Mowhawk bow popping up in the Spanish Inquisition... that's just odd.

crusader_prophet
05-12-2016, 07:38 PM
Yeah, I thought that was a weird choice, assuming it appears in the past and not the MD segments. Connor's bow doesn't really even have a tie in with the Assassins, at least not as far as we know. He had it before he ever really set out to become an Assassin.

It would be one thing if we saw Arno's default robes, Evie's canesword, or even Ezio's hookblade. But a random Mowhawk bow popping up in the Spanish Inquisition... that's just odd.

Yeah I agree, it might just be an inspiration and not necessarily the bow from Connor. I was actually more pointing out that the author thinks Connor appears in Brotherhood and not AC 3. He fixed it though now when I tweeted him last night.

Farlander1991
05-12-2016, 07:52 PM
Eh, considering they're treating the weapons like Easter Eggs, I don't think any kind of lore explanation is necessary. It's not like it will be 'look this is the bow of Connor', just somebody at some point will use his bow. Kinda like how in the games we have weapons and outfits of characters that couldn't possibly have existed or been owned by the playable character. Just a bit more broad, I suppose.

Sorrosyss
05-12-2016, 09:51 PM
Just wanted to add my thoughts on the trailer, to the legions of others.

As someone who would dearly love to see an AC television series, I was really curious to see how this would look. I am thankful to say it looks amazing so far!

So many things to like... where to begin:

- I love the lighting. Historical Spain looks so vibrant and bright, and the Modern Day looks dark and cold. Its a fantastic contract in colour that works brilliantly in my opinion.
- I love the amount of Modern Day here. If the supposed comment about the film being 65% MD is true, I am beyond excited. Its always been the crux of the series to me, and to see it so prevalent here is my hope that this is the reaffirmation of its importance to the franchise.
- Fassbender is an amazing actor, and I really feel he will do wonders for this film. He looks awesome as Aguilar, not gonna lie.
- Maria! Wow! Was not expecting a female Assassin to be so prevalent, but she has some great shots here. I can't wait to know more about her. Also, hidden blade fighting! We need it back dear Ubi.
- Hoods. All accounted for, and they look fantastic. The shot of all the Assassins stood together with the hoods up is one of my favourites. (Hood toggle Ubi, hood toggle.)
- Some of the shots were beautiful, such as the long ones on the parkour jumps. A few 'hero' landings, but I loved everything I saw with this, especially the flip jumps. We need more of those in the games. (Can only think of a few Assassins who actually have done this, but still... cool.) The fight scenes that were present all looked well choregraphed as well.
- Ending it on the Leap of Faith. We all knew it was gonna be in there, and it was a great last shot to end with!

As for the dislikes. Only two things really stood out to me. The first was the Animus redesign. It just looks... awkward. I'm not sure if its because the CGI is not quite done yet, but something about it looks off. I guess it will grow on me though, and I do have an understanding on why they wanted to make the actors more physical rather than laying down all movie. But still - it is a deviation from the source material, and honestly that makes me a little nervous. I just hope nothing else has been heavily redesigned, as when movie adaptations start taking liberties with the source content, thats when they usually run into problems in my humble opinion.

My absolute biggest gripe is the musical choice though. Namely Kanye West. Let me be clear here. I have nothing against Kanye, hip hop, or anything of that matter. Hell, I'd be complaining the exact same if they had put Taylor Swift in there. It just felt terribly out of place. Soon as I heard the lyrics it just felt horribly out of place, and pulled me out of the immersion a little. Its a shame, as I think the trailer is phenonmenal visually, but when audio is such a critical part too, this too felt like a massive deviation.

Ubisoft has usually been pretty good at choosing music for their trailers, but I guess this could be put at Fox's feet. In my view it really should have used Ezio's Family. People can complain about it all they like, but its very much the official theme of the franchise at this point, and it would have been a lovely carry over for the games to hear it here as well. In fact, if you watch some of the re-edits all over Youtube with Ezio's family put in, it instantly changes the mood of the trailer quite drastically. Gamesradar even released a version with different music which they called the 'fixed' version. lol. I just think its a great shame if you look at the comments on the official Fox Youtube trailer, every few comments ends up with someone bashing Kanye or the music, rather than talking about how great the trailer is. In short, I feel this was a silly mis-step promotional wise, but hey ho. The Warcraft movie had a similar drama when they used Prodigy music on a trailer, and fans went up in arms over that too. If the AC trailer had used classical music, or even some epic sub-genre stuff, it would been far more fitting and in line with the music that the franchise has become known for.

I still have massive concerns about the movie releasing at the same time as the next Star Wars film, and I truly hope it is a massive success as this franchise deserves to go on long into the future. I'm really looking forward to it, but I'm now at the point that I want to know everything about it, and yet nothing at all - as I really want to experience it at the cinema. Tough times ahead. hehe.

As a final thought, a friend of mine watched the trailer at work, and he has no clue about the games. "So, it's someone in the real world who gets in a machine, that lets them re-live their past life as an assassin. Thats pretty cool." And thats Assassin's Creed at the end of the day. Can't get better praise than that. :)

Sorrosyss
05-12-2016, 10:19 PM
By the way, did anyone else spot the woman pulling a nice Wushu sword stance in the background? Shao Jun descendant mayhaps.

(forgive my crappy quality screengrab)

http://i.imgur.com/ysvxvHP.png

ze_topazio
05-12-2016, 10:21 PM
Looks good, but terrible choice of music, doesn't fit the trailer at all.

SixKeys
05-12-2016, 10:46 PM
I'm glad to see the trailer has been met with mostly positive reactions. For one, it's nice to see the fandom genuinely excited about AC again. :) Secondly, video game fans are notoriously protective of their game franchises and resistant to the smallest change in a movie adaptation, even if the movie choices make more sense for reaching out to a wider audience.

The Kanye song was a bad choice, but I've gotten used to terrible trailer songs. Even the last few AC game trailers haven't been very good with their music choices. I didn't mind the chanting though. I only wish we could have heard a few bars of "Ezio's Family". I really want to know if the theme will be used in the movie.

I was expecting a lot of resistance to the new Animus (or "Armimus" as someone called it), and it weirded me out at first too. But most fans seem to be onboard with the idea that a movie requires a more interactive version to represent user control, which I agree with. My guess right now is that Callum somehow controls the Armimus with his mind to better synchronize with his ancestor and it allows him to safely perform physical feats like leaps of faith.

Regarding the 65 - 35% split between MD and history, I'm actually in favor of that for several reasons.

1. MD has been sorely underrepresented in the games themselves for several years.

2. Since they're planning to make several movies, it's best for the first one to focus on establishing what the Animus is and what the framing is that ties all these different time periods together. Think about sequels in general: Christopher Nolan's first Batman movie didn't feature Joker as the obvious villain. They saved him for the sequel, since sequels always need bigger stakes.

3. Focusing mostly on MD for the first movie is a cost-effective compromise, since video game movies are always a gamble. If the film is a success, in the sequels they won't have to spend so much time explaining the framework to the audience AND they'll have a bigger budget.

I'm not really concerned with how MD is handled. It's a very basic concept that has been explored in similar movies before, like The Matrix. I'm more worried about the historical parts ending up looking like a cosplay video. There was a lot of "rule of cool" posturing that would be totally impractical in real life (not that the games have been exempt from this, but it's easier to swallow in digital form). I'm not totally sold on the outfits, TBH - I've seen better costume work from expert cosplayers like Rick de Boer and these are supposed to be designed by professionals. I don't think they quite nailed the balance between realism and cool factor. In a historical movie it's vital to immersion that the costumes look authentic and this design veers a little too close to amateur cosplay. That's just my opinion, though.

As for everything else, I'm cautiously optimistic. It all looks great, but we all know trailers can be deceiving. I am on board with some of the new ideas on display and I'm not too bothered if it's not all 100% in line with the games, but they need to prove they can pull all this off in more than concept.

Tl;dr I mostly liked it. :cool:

Edit: P.S., did anyone else notice Aguilar is missing a ring finger in the poster (http://cloud.attackofthefanboy.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Assassins-Creed-Movie-Poster-2.jpg?a5f4cd)?

Black_Widow9
05-12-2016, 11:49 PM
I am so EXCITED!!!!!

I personally like the new animus (for the movie) as others have said because it makes more sense as far as muscle memory and visual understanding. Plus, honestly.... how boring is it to watch someone laying in a chair? I think it works perfectly for the game but translated onto screen, not so much.

I also think adding the weapons in as easter eggs for fans is pretty awesome. Even if they don't explain it, you'll know, you'll know.

Just my own view. :D

SixKeys
05-12-2016, 11:59 PM
Let the Easter egg-hunting begin!

Access The Animus pointed out you can see a glimpse of the animus 2.0 (Rebecca's design) in the trailer.

https://scontent-amt2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13235180_798715490229362_3366383103998052516_o.jpg

ze_topazio
05-13-2016, 12:12 AM
Is it weird that I was expecting a "pre-order now for..." at the end of the trailer?

I still think Spain is being wasted in a movie.

Megas_Doux
05-13-2016, 02:08 AM
Regarding the 65 - 35% split between MD and history, I'm actually in favor of that for several reasons.

1. MD has been sorely underrepresented in the games themselves for several years.

2. Since they're planning to make several movies, it's best for the first one to focus on establishing what the Animus is and what the framing is that ties all these different time periods together. Think about sequels in general: Christopher Nolan's first Batman movie didn't feature Joker as the obvious villain. They saved him for the sequel, since sequels always need bigger stakes.

3. Focusing mostly on MD for the first movie is a cost-effective compromise, since video game movies are always a gamble. If the film is a success, in the sequels they won't have to spend so much time explaining the framework to the audience AND they'll have a bigger budget.

I'm not really concerned with how MD is handled. It's a very basic concept that has been explored in similar movies before, like The Matrix. I'm more worried about the historical parts ending up looking like a cosplay video. There was a lot of "rule of cool" posturing that would be totally impractical in real life (not that the games have been exempt from this, but it's easier to swallow in digital form). I'm not totally sold on the outfits, TBH - I've seen better costume work from expert cosplayers like Rick de Boer and these are supposed to be designed by professionals. I don't think they quite nailed the balance between realism and cool factor. In a historical movie it's vital to immersion that the costumes look authentic and this design veers a little too close to amateur cosplay. That's just my opinion, though.

As for everything else, I'm cautiously optimistic. It all looks great, but we all know trailers can be deceiving. I am on board with some of the new ideas on display and I'm not too bothered if it's not all 100% in line with the games, but they need to prove they can pull all this off in more than concept.

Tl;dr I mostly liked it. :cool:

This!!!!!

The trailer looks neat indeed.

crusader_prophet
05-13-2016, 02:15 AM
I still think Spain is being wasted in a movie.

If it generates revenue that meets UbiSoft's expectations I don't think it will go under waste bucket for them.
Also, just because the setting is being used in the movie does not warranty it cannot be the premise for future game installment. If the movie is a success, it might actually provide more reasons for a developer to use the setting to lure non-gamers who liked the movie.

HDinHB
05-13-2016, 02:30 AM
I like ('cept the music).

Sophia Rikkin: You are about to enter the Animus.

Callum: What do you want from me?
Sophia: Your past.

Me: Assassingasm.

Phenton123
05-13-2016, 02:31 AM
I bloody hope they bring back the removal of the ring finger, at at least do a joke about it like they did with ezio.

BATISTABUS
05-13-2016, 03:20 AM
First impression: Oh my god this is so generic and overdone, this movie is going to be terrible.

Second impression: Okay, this might be good.

The things that turned me off the most initially were the "stylistic" (exaggerated) lighting and all of the "flipping". One "rule" that the devs said in [I forget which game]'s Dev Diaries is that Assassin's don't flip. They flip A LOT in this trailer. I really don't like it, and I'm honestly not sure why I dislike it so much. It makes it look less like a serious job? It makes it seem less realistic? It's clearly just for spectacle's sake? As for the lighting, there is a crazy tint on every shot, and I could really do without it. Abstergo facilities look sterile and unsettling enough without a dull blue filter over everything.

Something I hated at first but changed my opinion on is the giant mechanical arm that Fassbender is strapped to. It looks like a generic scifi piece of equipment, but assuming that's not the Animus - at least, not entirely - it might be pretty cool. My guess is that this machine allows Fassbender to train his body physically as he relives the memories of his ancestors. It always seemed odd that Desmond was able to pick up his ancestor's abilities through technique/muscle memory alone. Maybe Fassbender isn't experiencing the bleeding affect as severely, or maybe he just has less time to be turned into a fighter. Anyway, I think this has promise. It's something that wasn't in the games, but I like that.

Things that stood out to me as great from the beginning were Fassbender, the costumes, locations, free-running (minus the flipping), and Kanye. Based on what is said, I think it'll be a great way to introduce someone to the franchise.

Also, HOW CAN YOU SPOIL THE LEAP OF FAITH LIKE THAT? C'MON!

I apologize for this.

Edit: Okay, apparently everyone thinks that's what the machine is. Cool.

Ah, who am I kidding? I'm so hyped for this movie. I get more excited every time I watch the trailer.

ERICATHERINE
05-13-2016, 03:34 AM
Does anybody know if there is another trailer or a teaser about the movie that is to be shown in the future? And if there will be, do you know in which part of the year, we will be able to see it? That trailer is like a drug. Once I saw it, I already wanted another. ^v^

RVSage
05-13-2016, 07:43 AM
Can't stop re-watching the trailer, Aboard the hype train :) I am actually getting used to the music (which I still feel does not fit)

pacmanate
05-13-2016, 10:38 AM
Edit: P.S., did anyone else notice Aguilar is missing a ring finger in the poster (http://cloud.attackofthefanboy.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Assassins-Creed-Movie-Poster-2.jpg?a5f4cd)?

Might just be a bad shot. He doesn't have it removed on his other hand, and by this time, Hidden Blades were made so you didn't have to compromise your ring finger.

andreycvetov
05-13-2016, 03:42 PM
Might just be a bad shot. He doesn't have it removed on his other hand, and by this time, Hidden Blades were made so you didn't have to compromise your ring finger.

I always thought that it's design was intentionally made to be that way . In order for an assassin to be true to the creed ,the creed itself must be his lifes meaning .Just like the Knight's Watch .To seal this commitment , the bearer of the hidden blade must give something from himself to signify that he is one with the creed , that everything after it is second . Not that DaVinci made a breakthrough in the design of the blade , more so that he did not see the meaning of removing a finger , and so did Ezio . Aguliar can still be from the hardcore period of the assasins , where they still cut the finger .

Eziodagreat
05-13-2016, 06:58 PM
Does anyone else notice that the same guy gets killed three times in the trailer? They must not have had many extras... watch the bowl-cut guy at 1:11 , 1:17, and 1:20.

KittyRino
05-13-2016, 07:27 PM
Sould be more church nostalgic like music for that trailer not trash one tho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36Y_ztEW1NE

cawatrooper9
05-13-2016, 08:33 PM
The things that turned me off the most initially were the "stylistic" (exaggerated) lighting and all of the "flipping". One "rule" that the devs said in [I forget which game]'s Dev Diaries is that Assassin's don't flip. They flip A LOT in this trailer. I really don't like it, and I'm honestly not sure why I dislike it so much. It makes it look less like a serious job? It makes it seem less realistic? It's clearly just for spectacle's sake? As for the lighting, there is a crazy tint on every shot, and I could really do without it. Abstergo facilities look sterile and unsettling enough without a dull blue filter over everything.

Yeah, I think it looks kind of silly too. Parkour is flashy sometimes (looking at you, Arno) but for the most part it's pretty straightforward. I know the actual definition of parkour is often cited as "the coolest way to get from Point A to Point B", and it's not like the Assassins lack any coolness in how they move, but they also have a certain cold and determined efficiency that doesn't really leave time for doing Jedi flips.

Also, HOW CAN YOU SPOIL THE LEAP OF FAITH LIKE THAT? C'MON!

Haha, my wife was actually the opposite. Right before that scene she thought the trailer had ended and gasped "How can you have an Assassins Creed trailer without a leap of faith?"

SixKeys
05-13-2016, 09:42 PM
Haha, my wife was actually the opposite. Right before that scene she thought the trailer had ended and gasped "How can you have an Assassins Creed trailer without a leap of faith?"

I would have been disappointed had they not shown a leap of faith. They already showed so much stuff that is different from the games, the leap of faith was like a direct acknowledgement to the fans "don't worry, we got you covered".

Senningiri_GR
05-13-2016, 09:53 PM
I believe the trailer was good except one thing: The New Animus. This Animus is like a large robotic hand that involves memory reliving and training as it looks. The reason they put this was that the classic Animus (AC, AC2, ACB), which is bed or chair like looks an idea taken from the Matrix. Also people say that this is a good idea as with 65% present day story and 35% relived memories it would be boring with most of the film watching someone lying on a chair. I must say that this is wrong, because then why were the games not boring as well??? In the games Desmond's ark was shown outside of it and the memories of the ancestors were when he was in it. But we did not see almost at all Desmond lying down. It was mostly in the introduction of the Animi in the first Assassin's Creed and later only Desmond re-entering it, as he did in Assassin's Creed 2 (only two times), Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Assassin's Creed 3 (well in the ls tow games many times as you could exit the Animus, but still every time you did it was just only 2-3 seconds).

So they could have just done it in the film. The Templars explaining to Callum and the audience for 4-5 minutes what is the Animus, just like in the first game, and then to have him lie down and then immediately have him reliving the memories of Aguilar

And also if the Matrix thing is the problem, there is the Animus Omega that looks like a VR Animus.
http://www.accesstheanimus.com/Brahman2-2/27.jpg

cawatrooper9
05-13-2016, 10:24 PM
I would have been disappointed had they not shown a leap of faith. They already showed so much stuff that is different from the games, the leap of faith was like a direct acknowledgement to the fans "don't worry, we got you covered".

Yeah, it really did feel like a gentle reassurance to the fans. I assume you've seen the reedited trailer with the game soundtracks? Kind of a similar feeling for me- it's crazy, but seeing the action with AC music over it actually made the trailer feel much more like it deserved the identity of Assassins Creed that it claimed. Without it, it mostly felt like generic action.

SixKeys
05-13-2016, 10:27 PM
Yeah, it really did feel like a gentle reassurance to the fans. I assume you've seen the reedited trailer with the game soundtracks? Kind of a similar feeling for me- it's crazy, but seeing the action with AC music over it actually made the trailer feel much more like it deserved the identity of Assassins Creed that it claimed. Without it, it mostly felt like generic action.

Ehh, all the trailer re-edits have been kinda crap IMO. Not saying the Kanye music was a good choice, but the trailer itself would need to be shot in a different way to accomodate the series' theme music. I do hope we'll get to hear it in future trailers.

joshoolhorst
05-13-2016, 10:38 PM
I believe the trailer was good except one thing: The New Animus. This Animus is like a large robotic hand that involves memory reliving and training as it looks. The reason they put this was that the classic Animus (AC, AC2, ACB), which is bed or chair like looks an idea taken from the Matrix. Also people say that this is a good idea as with 65% present day story and 35% relived memories it would be boring with most of the film watching someone lying on a chair. I must say that this is wrong, because then why were the games not boring as well??? In the games Desmond's ark was shown outside of it and the memories of the ancestors were when he was in it. But we did not see almost at all Desmond lying down. It was mostly in the introduction of the Animi in the first Assassin's Creed and later only Desmond re-entering it, as he did in Assassin's Creed 2 (only two times), Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Assassin's Creed 3 (well in the ls tow games many times as you could exit the Animus, but still every time you did it was just only 2-3 seconds).

So they could have just done it in the film. The Templars explaining to Callum and the audience for 4-5 minutes what is the Animus, just like in the first game, and then to have him lie down and then immediately have him reliving the memories of Aguilar

And also if the Matrix thing is the problem, there is the Animus Omega that looks like a VR Animus.
http://www.accesstheanimus.com/Brahman2-2/27.jpg

My first thought when I heard about the VR Animus thing was looking back at Blag Flag lol

Sorrosyss
05-13-2016, 11:07 PM
Ehh, all the trailer re-edits have been kinda crap IMO. Not saying the Kanye music was a good choice, but the trailer itself would need to be shot in a different way to accomodate the series' theme music. I do hope we'll get to hear it in future trailers.

Most of the efforts have been a bit hit and miss agreed, but this one is solid in my view. Captures the tone and theme a million times better than what we got. :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDxJYNBF2N4

SixKeys
05-13-2016, 11:30 PM
Meh, too many different styles in that one. The Lorde one is the one that works best IMO, and they had to literally edit scenes in a different order to make it work. And that's still a modern song.

I wish I had video editing skillz so I could try to make something myself. :p

m4r-k7
05-13-2016, 11:59 PM
Most of the efforts have been a bit hit and miss agreed, but this one is solid in my view. Captures the tone and theme a million times better than what we got. :p

This is so much better than the original. I wish they had used this sort of music instead of Kanye! That Ezio's Family at the end tho - gives me chills every damn time!

joshoolhorst
05-14-2016, 12:32 AM
Meh, too many different styles in that one. The Lorde one is the one that works best IMO, and they had to literally edit scenes in a different order to make it work. And that's still a modern song.

I wish I had video editing skillz so I could try to make something myself. :p

I can make a video for you if you want?

Jessigirl2013
05-14-2016, 12:55 PM

Watched the trailer yesterday... Couldn't wait to share my thoughts.:rolleyes:

The animus look ridiculous IMO, I think the worst part was them giving him the hidden blades while using it... Guess we know how he escapes.:rolleyes:
The acting of the girl in the trailer... I don't know, just seemed really try hardy.

Overall I'm a bit taken aback to be honest... I think they've gone really over the top with visuals.. I cant quite put my finger on it but it just comes across as trying too hard to be interesting.
I'm hoping its just the trailer though and the movie is better.... But seriously that animus made me cringe so hard.:rolleyes:

Since every AC game trailer has had the most epic music ever, I couldn't actually believe they used that Kanye West music.... Like did he pay them to use it... There's no way that was planned.:mad:

Sorrosyss
05-14-2016, 03:30 PM
The idea that the original Assassins were Adam and Eve and they picked the apple in the Garden was really interesting.

http://collider.com/assassins-creed-michael-fassbender-interview/

I'm loving that Fassbender knows about this little detail. Almost suggests its a discussion about what we may even see in future sequels, should they happen. I'd really love to see the Isu introduced to the movie verse, especially if we have a flashback with him playing Adam. Seeing the human-Isu war play out on the big screen... just wow...

Senningiri_GR
05-14-2016, 04:14 PM
http://collider.com/assassins-creed-michael-fassbender-interview/

I'm loving that Fassbender knows about this little detail. Almost suggests its a discussion about what we may even see in future sequels, should they happen. I'd really love to see the Isu introduced to the movie verse, especially if we have a flashback with him playing Adam. Seeing the human-Isu war play out on the big screen... just wow...

It would be a huge battle field with 10-20 Isu dressed in outfits that glow with super weapons and shields vs a countless collective of angry barbarians with bare hands and sticks trying to kill them. Too much noise and explosions

pacmanate
05-14-2016, 04:24 PM
I think the worst part was them giving him the hidden blades while using it... Guess we know how he escapes.:rolleyes:

Overall I'm a bit taken aback to be honest... I think they've gone really over the top with visuals.. I cant quite put my finger on it but it just comes across as trying too hard to be interesting.

Or the best. As soon as I watched the trailer my first thought was "Object Memory". It could help with accessing memories, they could be Aguilars actual blades.

I dont think its over the top visuals at all. The MD has a Cool Filter on top of it, and the past has a "300" filter over it. Unless youre saying 300 is OTT? I think it works great, it really makes the past era stand out and distinguishes MD to Past perfectly.

BATISTABUS
05-15-2016, 01:49 AM
Every message board has people FREAKING OUT about the trailer song. I think that's just hilarious. We get it, Kanye is a ******, but c'mon, the song is fitting. It has a modern synthetic sound combined with historic-sounding chanting. It's obviously not indicative of the movie's soundtrack.

LieutenantRex
05-15-2016, 02:47 AM
Every message board has people FREAKING OUT about the trailer song. I think that's just hilarious. We get it, Kanye is a ******, but c'mon, the song is fitting. It has a modern synthetic sound combined with historic-sounding chanting. It's obviously not indicative of the movie's soundtrack.

It sometimes astounds me to think of the herd mentality we humans evince purely for the sake of feeling as though we belong to something. Maybe the Templars are right, if we can so easily be manipulated.

It's even worse when scores from the actual games are provided, as all have their distinctive styles that would be jarring for use in the trailer that was cut the way it was. I would never be able to associate Ezio's Family with anything but Ezio and his first two games, since they are so closely tied to the piece. Hearing it in the trailer just accentuates how amateurish the edit was.

ERICATHERINE
05-15-2016, 04:05 AM
Is that me or astronauts use a big metal arm to simulate (for exemple) the moon's gravity, that looks very much like the one of the trailer that is supposed to be the animus. I wonder if they will make a comparison in the movie. ^-^

crusader_prophet
05-15-2016, 05:02 AM

I agree. The Lorde song is the only one that has been the most fitting so far.

And anyone here agreeing that the Kane East ranting (I wouldn't call it a song) fits the trailer, I recommend not pursuing a career in music, math or physics.

Farlander1991
05-15-2016, 08:36 AM

Yeah, I've seen a ton of 'fixes' over the internet and they all kinda suck, as for the most part (outside of one full re-edit to Run Boy Run which works really well as a video but not as a trailer) people just replace the existing music with music that they like without any regard for how it fits the editing, pacing, and tone of the trailer (to be fair, there are some cases where they try to account for that, but it doesn't work out).

Actually, the best re-edit of the trailer is the one that removes Kanye singing 'I am God' but leaves the song itself (with the chanting guy), because that particular rap part is what causes the whole 'uuuuuuuuuuuuuuh' and is unfitting, not the whole song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwEmLy5xJ1s

I still don't really like it (and also, the fact that when we see the army their yells aren't there anymore makes it look very weird in comparison to the sound design of the rest of the trailer), but other than that variant, to use a different music the trailer needs serious reediting, which no one that I've seen is doing so far which is why no fix really works.

Sorrosyss
05-15-2016, 11:05 AM

It sometimes astounds me to think of the herd mentality we humans evince purely for the sake of feeling as though we belong to something. Maybe the Templars are right, if we can so easily be manipulated.

It's even worse when scores from the actual games are provided, as all have their distinctive styles that would be jarring for use in the trailer that was cut the way it was. I would never be able to associate Ezio's Family with anything but Ezio and his first two games, since they are so closely tied to the piece. Hearing it in the trailer just accentuates how amateurish the edit was.

I don't think of it as herd mentality, more of a repeated opinion. I saw the trailer, posted to Twitter that I disliked the music, few hours later I looked and a lot of people shared the same opinion. No-one influenced me that's for sure, I think it's just safe to say it was a poor choice of music at this point and a genuine mistake. When the AC community is discussing re-edits and the music more than the actual content, you know that something is awkwardly wrong. Facebook, Reddit, Twitter, YouTube, there is the same distaste and comments wherever you look, but from my perspective the moment I heard Kanye's lyrics it pulled me out of the trailer's immersion. Perhaps that is the strongest point to criticise, and I get what others say about the editing being off, but I feel a lot of the fanbase would have preferred some of the game music to be used. Or you know, get Kyd or Balfe to do a special track just for the trailer.

At the end of the day it's just a trailer. It's not the end of the world, but it does sadden me to see so many discussions on the music choice, rather than how good the actual footage really is. The biggest concern is still opening the same week as Star Wars in my opinion, especially with what happened to The Hateful Eight with it being pushed out of cinemas for Force Awakens, and now James Cameron saying he moved the Avatar sequels to avoid Star Wars;

My original plan was to release them a year apart, but we’re opening that up. If for no other reason than that I don’t want to land on the same date as one of the STAR WARS sequels. That wouldn’t be fair to them. [Laughs] No, that’s just good business. I don’t want to go head-to-head with STAR WARS. That would be stupid. And hopefully they won’t want to go head to head with us.

I do hope Ubi and Fox know what they are doing releasing then, as it really makes me nervous.

cawatrooper9
05-16-2016, 01:01 AM
My YouTube channel talked about the trailer during our weekly news segment. Interesting that I, the eternal optimist and Assassins Creed apologist, was the most discouraged by it. Still, hoping it's great!

We also talk about my hidden blade Jenga story, which is one of my greatest life accomplishments. :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9kvuPobME

RVSage
05-19-2016, 05:43 PM
New poster
http://i.imgur.com/L91vnbb.jpg

ERICATHERINE
05-19-2016, 07:35 PM
New poster
http://i.imgur.com/L91vnbb.jpg

My hype is growing. ^-^

ze_topazio
05-19-2016, 11:54 PM
Seville would be great in a game.

Megas_Doux
05-20-2016, 12:31 PM
Seville would be great in a game.

Seville does not do that bad in the Europa League either :p

That new poster looks neat!

ze_topazio
05-20-2016, 09:53 PM
Seville does not do that bad in the Europa League either :p

That new poster looks neat!

Third Europa League in a row is impressive.

So, Real or Atlético, which club do you want to win the Champions League?

And what do you think of Espańa once again being used for spin-offs and minor sequences instead of a main game?

Potential spoilers

http://screenrant.com/michael-williams-assassins-creed-baptiste-moussa/

Don't tell me the cameo they teased before is from a minor character from a side game. ;)

The movie robes in real life in 60 fps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0IZMUrRcN0

Megas_Doux
05-21-2016, 03:50 PM

Indeed!

HUGE Barcelona fan,!!!!! Plus I have tons of respect for Cholo Simeone, so... :p

And what do you think of Espańa once again being used for spin-offs and minor sequences instead of a main game?

Well, despite the fact I do think both the Spanish Inquisition and- MOSTLY- the Reconquista and all its AC I reloaded concept could have been great settings for a game.....I'm ok with it! I mean, what can I do about it??? haha :p

Plus I rather experience other eras and places.

Sigma 1313
05-21-2016, 04:36 PM
Indeed!

HUGE Barcelona fan,!!!!! Plus I have tons of respect for Cholo Simeone, so... :p

Well, despite the fact I do think both the Spanish Inquisition and- MOSTLY- the Reconquista and all its AC I reloaded concept could have been great settings for a game.....I'm ok with it! I mean, what can I do about it??? haha :p

Well there is Assassin's Creed II Discovery, where Ezio goes to Spain in 1491 during the inquisition.

ERICATHERINE
05-21-2016, 10:25 PM
I wonder if we will see a character from the Ezio video/video game, in the movie. And I'm not talking about only Ezio.

There is Machiaveli, Flavia (Ezio's daughter) and surely some others we could see. ^-^

ze_topazio
05-22-2016, 01:06 PM

:cool:

You can get rich and buy Ubisoft.

Well there is Assassin's Creed II Discovery, where Ezio goes to Spain in 1491 during the inquisition.

That's one of those spin-offs I mentioned.

I wonder if we will see a character from the Ezio video/video game, in the movie. And I'm not talking about only Ezio.

There is Machiaveli, Flavia (Ezio's daughter) and surely some others we could see. ^-^

In Aguillar story Ezio is the only AC2 character with chances of appearing, he was the only one in Spain in 1491 and Flavia was only born 22 years later.

Anyway, new news, besides the already sort of confirmed Baptiste animus scene, it seems there will be 3 more animus scenes featuring characters from the games, kinda like the Time Rifts from ACUnity I guess.

http://screenrant.com/assassins-creed-movie-ezio-altair/

“In the 15th century we have about… there are seven key Assassins. And then we’ve got another four flashback Assassins, which are a nice little thing from the game that no one knows about yet. And we’ve got the 20 elder Assassins. We haven’t even played those yet.”

The first trailer for Assassin’s Creed showed a shot of the seven Assassins that Sheldon mentions – allies of Fassbender’s historical character, Aguilar de Nerha. However, easily the most interesting thing about this statement is the mention of “flashback Assassins” and the fact that they are “a nice little thing from the game that no one knows about yet.” We can safely assume that one of these “Flashback Assassins” is Michael K. Williams’ historical character, an 18th century voodoo poisoner Assassin called Baptiste, who is lifted from Assassin’s Creed: Liberation. Based on this, it sounds like the other three Assassins could also be characters from the games – a little something for the fans to enjoy.

http://i.imgur.com/x5RuXdc.png

Goxxi
05-22-2016, 01:53 PM

Potential spoilers

http://screenrant.com/michael-williams-assassins-creed-baptiste-moussa/

Don't tell me the cameo they teased before is from a minor character from a side game. ;)

The movie robes in real life in 60 fps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0IZMUrRcN0

Champions League is for sissies , real football fans watch Copa Libertadores ; )
I am really a big fan of Atletico Mineiro and Boca Juniors.

But about Champions League I hope Atletico Madrid will win , Real Madrid is besides Bayern Munich my most hatred club , plus they are Franco's followers , fascists ;)

SixKeys
05-22-2016, 02:01 PM
Anyone willing to bet that one of the four assassins will be Shao Jun? We saw an Asian woman in the room with Callum and the other modern assassins, and they've strongly hinted she's descended from Jun.

ERICATHERINE
05-22-2016, 02:45 PM
In Aguillar story Ezio is the only AC2 character with chances of appearing, he was the only one in Spain in 1491 and Flavia was only born 22 years later.

Anyway, new news, besides the already sort of confirmed Baptiste animus scene, it seems there will be 3 more animus scenes featuring characters from the games, kinda like the Time Rifts from ACUnity I guess.

http://screenrant.com/assassins-creed-movie-ezio-altair/

http://i.imgur.com/x5RuXdc.png

After reading this I just hope they won't scrap the return of Connor, by puting it in the movie instead of making Connor the character we control in another game. Unfortunately, with Connor's bow already confirmed to be in the movie, there is a chance it is because Connor really is in the movie. I so much hope I'm wrong. Please ubisoft. Anyone except Connor. :-\

ERICATHERINE
05-22-2016, 02:48 PM
Champions League is for sissies , real football fans watch Copa Libertadores ; )
I am really a big fan of Atletico Mineiro and Boca Juniors.

But about Champions League I hope Atletico Madrid will win , Real Madrid is besides Bayern Munich my most hatred club , plus they are Franco's followers , fascists ;)

Wouldn't that conversation be better in the "Bring up watever you would like thread"? :rolleyes:

ERICATHERINE
05-22-2016, 02:52 PM
Anyone willing to bet that one of the four assassins will be Shao Jun? We saw an Asian woman in the room with Callum and the other modern assassins, and they've strongly hinted she's descended from Jun.

It could happen, but unfortunately that could be another proof that Connor could be one of the 4 (which mean his return would be scrpped), since Callum Lynch was practicing with Connor's bow. :-\

ze_topazio
05-22-2016, 04:05 PM
Moussa (Michale Kenneth Williams), descendant of a Caribbean Assasin who ueses vodou poison against his enemies; Nathan (Callum Turner), whose descendant [sic] was involved in alliances between Templars and Assassins, which feeds his distrust for everything and everyone; Lin, a precise and deadly female Assassin whose genetic origins goes back to 16th century China; Emir (Mathias Verala), descendant of a Middle East Assassin; and the young Lara (Coco König), Alan Rikkin's favorite, who draws images of sessions of other "prisoners" in the Animus and keeps secrets about Abstergo's true search.

Moussa (Michale Kenneth Williams), descendant of a Caribbean Assasin who ueses vodou poison against his enemies

This is obviously Baptiste.

Nathan (Callum Turner), whose descendant [sic] was involved in alliances between Templars and Assassins

Someone from Unity?

Lin, a precise and deadly female Assassin whose genetic origins goes back to 16th century China

Most likely Shao Jun.

Emir (Mathias Verala), descendant of a Middle East Assassin

Someone from Altair time, I doubt it will be Altair himself, so maybe Malik or Abbas.

So, four Assassins from the games, Baptiste, Shao Jun, someone from Unity and someone from AC1.

And, come one, 2016 and people still believe there will ever be a full game about Connor again?! cameos like this is what you should be hoping for.

ERICATHERINE
05-23-2016, 01:36 AM
Someone from Altair time, I doubt it will be Altair himself, so maybe Malik or Abbas.

So, four Assassins from the games, Baptiste, Shao Jun, someone from Unity and someone from AC1.

I think you forget ac revelations. Imean, there is no date in the quote so why not Yusuf Tazim, for exemple. ^-^

And, come one, 2016 and people still believe there will ever be a full game about Connor again?! cameos like this is what you should be hoping for.

What is life, without hope. :p

SixKeys
05-24-2016, 07:24 AM
I sincerely doubt that Connor's bow being in the movie is anything more than Easter egg.

Sorrosyss
05-24-2016, 01:06 PM
I've really got to stop reading these spoilers. Or you know Ubi/Fox, stop letting so many details out :p

I find this Lara fascinating. A teenage girl whose been there since she was young, trained to be a Templar, can see through walls (assuming strong eagle vision which is unusual at a young age), has the soul of an Assassin, and is Rikkin's 'favourite'. Hmmm... why? Why so special...

Its Eve. :p

*default answer initiated*

Senningiri_GR
05-24-2016, 02:29 PM
I've really got to stop reading these spoilers. Or you know Ubi/Fox, stop letting so many details out :p

I find this Lara fascinating. A teenage girl whose been there since she was young, trained to be a Templar, can see through walls (assuming strong eagle vision which is unusual at a young age), has the soul of an Assassin, and is Rikkin's 'favourite'. Hmmm... why? Why so special...

Oh, and I thought she was Lucy's replica.

This is obviously Baptiste.

I thought of her: Dominique Jean (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Dominique_Jean)

ERICATHERINE
05-24-2016, 05:17 PM

So, you don't think Bishop is Eve, anymore. :rolleyes:

cawatrooper9
05-24-2016, 07:09 PM
Unfortunately, with Connor's bow already confirmed to be in the movie, there is a chance it is because Connor really is in the movie.
I thought the same thing. It's probably just an Easter egg, but still... I for one would love to see Connor!

They also mentioned Aveline's sword, right? Was her sword even all that iconic- or will we see the hand that wields it as well?

Then, there was the mention of a guillotine gun...

Maybe these weapons won't be as anachronistic as I originally thought.

Ureh
05-24-2016, 07:25 PM
I thought the same thing. It's probably just an Easter egg, but still... I for one would love to see Connor!

They also mentioned Aveline's sword, right? Was her sword even all that iconic- or will we see the hand that wields it as well?

Then, there was the mention of a guillotine gun...

Maybe these weapons won't be as anachronistic as I originally thought.

I haven't played ACL yet but I remember her wielding a machete or a cleaver of some kind as her primary weapon.

ze_topazio
05-24-2016, 07:43 PM
I think you forget ac revelations. Imean, there is no date in the quote so why not Yusuf Tazim, for exemple. ^-^

What is life, without hope. :p

Yeah, I forgot about Revelations, you never know, but I suspect is AC1, people usually don't think of Turkey when they say Middle East.

Hope is just a delusion.

I thought of her: Dominique Jean (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Dominique_Jean)

Baptiste is already confirmed to appear.

News about the ‪#‎AssassinsCreedMovie‬ coming from a visit on the set by French site jeuxvideo.com!

BEWARE, THE POST CONTAINS SPOILERS

- It took almost three months of intense work in the set design team to build the set for Abstergo, and for a shoot that lasted only two weeks. In fact, in mid-November 2015, the sets had to be completely destroyed to make way for the team in charge of the construction of key locations for Star Wars Episode VIII.

- "The places [in Abstergo] had to have a look that needed to be both impersonal and authoritarian" said Production Designer Andy Nichols. "We ensured for example that there are almost no windows. The only rooms with a window are the guest room where Lara is staying and Dr. [Alan] Rikkin's office. Of course, in their cells, the prisoners have a skylight that brings natural light but there is no chance for them to see each other".

- Some plants are placed into the [Abstergo] environment and a handful of them appears in a small greenhouse. As a surprise, approaching and touching one of these imposing walls that apparently seem metallic, it is possible to discover that it is actually... painted wood. As the source puts it, the illusion is perfect.

- Most of the large corridors [in Abstergo] lead to a large room where the visitor finds himself/herself stuck at one end of a giant green screen, which according to the source was suitable for special effects and surrounded by protective tents. The screen seems to act as a bay window, through which the characters can contemplate what lies outside the building, which will be added later digitally.

- The journalists of the source, along with other British press representers watched a scene of the movie while it was shot, where characters Callum Lynch and Lara, played respectively by Michael Fassbender and Octavia Selena Alexandru, stood face to face, separated by a large transparent window. The sound was not audible but it seemed that the girl was drawing Callum in her notebook, while he talks.

- Throughout the adventure, Callum Lynch / Aguilar will meet other Assassins who "evolved" during the 15th century. Starting with Moussa (Michael Kenneth Williams), an Assassin from the Caribbean nicknamed "The Trickster" that uses voodoo and black magic to knock his targets down. The cast also features Emir and Ojeda. The first, played by Matias Varela, is an assassin from the Middle East, while the second one, played by Hovik Keuchkerian, is a high ranking Assassin also called "The Mirror". And then there is of course the Assassin Maria (Ariane Labed), Aguilar's partner who, according to the source, knows how to be very clever, especially with her Hidden Blades and throwing knives. Last but not least: the teenager Lara, (played by Octavia Selena Alexandru) who grew up in Abstergo and knows all the secrets of the company. She is able to draw the portrait of the other prisoners, and remains the favorite of Dr. [Alan] Rikkin. The girl grew up to become a member of the Templar Order, but she gradually discovers that she has the soul of an Assassin...

ome more news about the ‪#‎AssassinsCreedMovie‬ coming from a visit on the set by French site jeuxvideo.com!

BEWARE, HEAVY SPOILERS (about the some of the confirmed Easter Eggs weapons in the movie)

- Most of the scenes that take place in the 15th century and the Spanish Inquisition are shot in Malta. In these scenes a "terrible historical figure" has appeared: that of inquisitor Torquemada who took action in particular between 1483 and 1498.
Among the punishment scenes from the movie there is also a scene with an auto-da-fé during which a person is declared guilty and burned at the stake. "Burning people at the stake, that's something very cinematic!" stated producer Patrick Crowley, smiling.

- The film won't feature gore since it is planned to be classified PG-13 in the US

- Patrick Crowley, producer of the film, stated that most of the scenes in Malta were shot at 90 frames per second instead of the usual 24. "If you want to slow motion, you can count on three times as much information on the screen. This gives us more flexibility with the camera movements."

- As seen by the source, the movie will have a scene that takes place in the 15th century which features a chase between the Templars and the duo Maria / Aguilar. The latter connects several fatal blows to the enemy using various weapons (Hidden Blades, bows, etc.) and eventually flee from the rooftops. The scene is made even more spectacular since the stunt coordinator of the film is Damien Walters, one of the best parkour and tumbling specialists in the world.

- Besides its look "worth of the Matrix", the Animus has other surprises, as revealed by production designer Andy Nichols: "At the heart of the Animus is a hidden crypt where all the artifacts collected over the centuries are stored, along with the weapons, many of which are coming straight from the games, also with some of variants designed for certain characters."

- Weapon master Tim Wildgoose stated that the weapons of the Assassin's Creed franchise were familiar to him because he had already played all the Assassin's Creed games before working on the film. He developed them in close collaboration with the team in charge of the costumes, so that they could perfectly fit the outfits worn by the actors. "Including those who serve just as decorations, we had probably created between 2000 and 3000 weapons.", Wildgoose said.

- 80% of the weapons in the film are new compared to the games, and many of them were inspired by authentic weapons stored in the London museum The Wallace Collection (http://www.wallacecollection.org/). Obviously, this means that the remaining 20% are inspired directly from the games...

- Jeux Video also confirmed the appearance of Ezio's crossbow from Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Connor's bow from Assassin's Creed III, Shao Jun's sword from Assassin's Creed Chronicles China, and Baptiste's sword from Assassin's Creed III Liberation. Also, the Guillotine Gun from from the Assassin's Creed Unity Dead Kings DLC will make an appearance. As stated before, though, most of these special weapons will appear on the screen as Easter Eggs.

- Finally, among the items that the source could see on the set, it was possible to see a flail and some gloves with metal claws - "ŕ la Freddy Krueger" - that could be used to climb walls. There were also some modernized versions of the crossbows and swords, used in modern times by some Templars. "It is likely that one of them is taken by MacGohan, the right arm of Dr. [Alan] Rikkin, played by French actor Denis Ménochet.

Here is the last part about Jeuxvideo.com's report about their visit on the ‪#‎AssassinsCreedMovie‬ set!

- To strictly follow the world of Assassin's Creed franchise Ubisoft provided the film team with a special object, as Patrick Crowley said: "With Ubisoft, there is an Assassin's Creed Encyclopedia that is about 300 pages long and analyzes each character, his behavior, his mind, what he/she did. It also contains a section dedicated to the laws of the game world, which are explained in detail, such as the maximum percentage of life of your ancestors that you are capable of living or the fact that when you return to the past, you cannot change anything."

- This is not the only aid received by the film crew, as evidenced by Crowley: "Ubisoft also has what might be called "ambassadors", people who are so familiar with the games that they know them almost by heart and who are respected within the Assassin's Creed community. We worked with them by showing them the script but also by letting them visit the movie sets."

- As the Assassin's Creed game has many sequels, it seems that the film will follow the same direction. As Crowley stated, "Some movie actors have contracts stipulating that they can appear in the sequels. So it's not a secret at all: everyone hopes that this franchise continues on the big screen." Meanwhile, as we have already reported, Michael Fassbender was more direct and already confirmed a sequel (whose release would be scheduled for 2019): "There are very strong ideas about the second episode, on which we have already started working. But we also have in mind a few rough ideas for the third part."

- As for the possible use of elements of the film or even a digital avatar of Michael Fassbender in a new Assassin's Creed game, this seems unlikely for now, although Crowley stated: "We have an arrangement with Ubisoft that makes everyone win. The Ubisoft team was very excited about the sets/sceneries and I already know that they will use some parts of them in the future"

https://www.facebook.com/AccessTheAnimus/posts/805308042903440:0

https://www.facebook.com/AccessTheAnimus/posts/805332016234376:0

https://www.facebook.com/AccessTheAnimus/posts/805332199567691:0

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/news/489309/exclu-assassin-s-creed-le-film-nous-etions-sur-le-tournage.htm

cawatrooper9
05-24-2016, 09:01 PM
I haven't played ACL yet but I remember her wielding a machete or a cleaver of some kind as her primary weapon.

She did have a machete type weapon, but she also had a more sabre-like sword.

Sorrosyss
05-24-2016, 09:51 PM
So, you don't think Bishop is Eve, anymore. :rolleyes:

Until she re-appears in the franchise, i'll keep calling out every female under her name. Soon i'll start calling out males. :p

ERICATHERINE
05-24-2016, 11:24 PM
Yeah, I forgot about Revelations, you never know, but I suspect is AC1, people usually don't think of Turkey when they say Middle East.

Well, I would prefer Yusuf, but it's just my opinion.

Yusuf would surely let us see the hidden hook blade, which is my favorite hidden blade.

Malik, would not have many fightning scenes, if he is shown after he lost his arm. He was a Raffiq, so he mainly just had to stay at the Assassin office to help the Assassins who had to kill their target in his city.

Abbas could work well as the character we'll see in the movie 's time anomaly, but if ubisoft show him after he had usurped the master rank of Altair, I fear the people watching the movie without knowing his lore story, will make false idea about the Assassins, at least those of that time. If they show Abbas I would prefer them to show him somewhere between the time of the apple arriving to Masyaf until Al Mualim die.

Also do we know if the character we will see in middle east will be an Assassin, at 100%? If it would be a Templar this could open many other possibility. ^-^

ERICATHERINE
05-24-2016, 11:26 PM
Until she re-appears in the franchise, i'll keep calling out every female under her name. Soon i'll start calling out males. :p

Shouldn't you call males Adam, instead. XD

Megas_Doux
05-25-2016, 02:39 AM
I sincerely doubt that Connor's bow being in the movie is anything more than Easter egg.

Indeed.

Shahkulu101
05-25-2016, 07:03 AM
*Expects thread to discuss AC move trailer*

*sees posts from 2015*

Why merge so many threads? I'd like to know when discussion about the trailer started but need to scroll past tons of pages 0_o

HDinHB
05-25-2016, 07:46 AM
Just start at the end and go backwards. :p

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1252276-AC-Movie-Discussion-Thread-(Now-with-Trailer!)/page53

Also: http://blog.ubi.com/42857/

ERICATHERINE
05-25-2016, 04:22 PM
Also: http://blog.ubi.com/42857/

Aguilar going to an italian Assassin tomb from ac ii, confirm. Hype is growing. ^-^

Jessigirl2013
05-25-2016, 06:06 PM
Or the best. As soon as I watched the trailer my first thought was "Object Memory". It could help with accessing memories, they could be Aguilars actual blades.

I dont think its over the top visuals at all. The MD has a Cool Filter on top of it, and the past has a "300" filter over it. Unless youre saying 300 is OTT? I think it works great, it really makes the past era stand out and distinguishes MD to Past perfectly.

No I mean with the whole OTT Animus!!!!!!

We know they only went with that ridiculous monstrosity so the director could play around with some silly scenes of fassbender jumping around like a man possessed...:mad:

I don't know why it irks me so much but its just so stupid.:rolleyes:

Also like I said the woman's acting was really OTT, I shouldn't really say its her as that's how she's been TOLD to act.
It just came across as so try hardy... Compare to ACI where they all talk like vaguely normal people but that woman just talks like a robot void of emotion.

ze_topazio
05-25-2016, 07:27 PM
http://orig00.deviantart.net/d2d7/f/2016/145/6/f/assassins_creed_poster_2_by_messypandas-da3qw36.png

ERICATHERINE
05-25-2016, 09:46 PM
http://orig00.deviantart.net/d2d7/f/2016/145/6/f/assassins_creed_poster_2_by_messypandas-da3qw36.png

Hype, hype, hype. ^-^

SpiritOfNevaeh
05-25-2016, 10:54 PM
^^ Love that poster XD

At least he, or something of his, is getting mentioned somewhere else in the AC franchise like they did Ezio :rolleyes: :P

ze_topazio
05-26-2016, 02:52 PM
New pic.

https://scontent.flis2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13240508_806267729474138_2868481075064944852_n.jpg ?oh=8fbd8707067d4ce84335f4d07e3ef531&oe=57E80C50

Avenger815
05-27-2016, 03:51 AM
Anyone else not really feeling Fassbender being both the ancestor and the MD protagonist? Like I understand this series and its DNA shenanigans, but something about it just seems off putting. At least, in a movie platform anyway.

I like the pics, btw. They look awesome.

ERICATHERINE
05-27-2016, 06:06 AM
Anyone else not really feeling Fassbender being both the ancestor and the MD protagonist? Like I understand this series and its DNA shenanigans, but something about it just seems off putting. At least, in a movie platform anyway.

I like the pics, btw. They look awesome.

Well Desmond have the same face as Altair, if not Ezio as well, so it's ok with me. ^-^

cawatrooper9
05-27-2016, 02:28 PM
Well Desmond have the same face as Altair, if not Ezio as well, so it's ok with me. ^-^

Yeah, I actually like that. I like how there are differences too, though, like the beard color. Not crazy about the tattoos, though.

Ubi-Banshee
05-27-2016, 07:13 PM
Yeah, I actually like that. I like how there are differences too, though, like the beard color. Not crazy about the tattoos, though.

Looks like they gave him darker contacts as well, so that will probably help a little bit with the immersion.

Ureh
05-29-2016, 03:21 AM
In that new pic it looks like he disarmed someone and is schooling them about not bringing a dagger to a hidden blade party.

ze_topazio
05-31-2016, 08:06 PM
https://scontent.flis2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13340266_1048730121871450_882565373778227649_o.jpg

Sushiglutton
05-31-2016, 08:49 PM
What are those things to the left in his belt:confused:. A set of three espresso mugs?

Namikaze_17
05-31-2016, 09:08 PM
What are those things to the left in his belt:confused:. A set of three espresso mugs?

I assume they're smoke bombs of some kind.

cawatrooper9
05-31-2016, 09:10 PM

Smoke bombs, maybe?

Ezio just invented the latte not long before this, not sure they'd have espresso mugs in Spain yet... :p

edit: Haha, Namikaze beat me to it. That'll teach me to open a whole queue of windows to read instead of going one page at a time.

Sushiglutton
05-31-2016, 09:36 PM
Ah thanks both, I see it now! And excellent point about the latte, killer argument that settles this without question ;)

ze_topazio
06-01-2016, 12:34 AM
I'm fairly sure the bags contain ingredients to make some gazpacho to eat before the siesta.

ERICATHERINE
06-01-2016, 02:43 AM
I'm fairly sure the bags contain ingredients to make some gazpacho to eat before the siesta.

I'm curious about what my favorite bear (I like pie) thinks about those 3 things on the belt after reading this. XD

Maybe it's like the 3 special pocket Ezio had. 1 for money, 1 for medicine and the last one for smoke bombes. That's a good theory, I think. ^-^

ze_topazio
06-03-2016, 07:13 PM
https://ubistatic-a.akamaihd.net/0053/ac-council/prod/article/57519add68629.jpg

Sorrosyss
06-03-2016, 07:21 PM
Maria's outfit has such beautiful colour co-ordination. Such a pretty blue. :)

cawatrooper9
06-03-2016, 07:29 PM
Hmmm, she's got a full cape. I like it.

Also, more gazpacho canisters apparently. :p

Sorrosyss
06-03-2016, 07:31 PM
Yeah, we've not had that many proper capes in the games from memory. Altair's mentor outfit from ACR I guess. But yeah, cape and a hood is an awesome combo.

cawatrooper9
06-03-2016, 07:57 PM
Yeah, we've not had that many proper capes in the games from memory. Altair's mentor outfit from ACR I guess. But yeah, cape and a hood is an awesome combo.

Yep, Edna Mode must be an adviser in the Brotherhood.

The "over the shoulder" look seems to be all the rage with the Assassins.

I think Arno had some full cape outfits as well, but they're not too common with the default robes.

HDinHB
06-06-2016, 08:24 PM
Yep, Edna Mode must be an adviser in the Brotherhood.

Well, there weren't as many jet engines back in the day, so maybe they were opposed to capes for some other reason.

There's an article on gamesradar that theorizes how Ezio might make an appearance in the movie.
http://www.gamesradar.com/heres-how-ezio-fits-into-the-assassins-creed-movie/

The actor playing one of the other Abstergo inmates revealed his character is a descendant of Baptiste from Liberation (and possible Baptiste himself). Based on evidence that isn't clear to me, and a few leaps of faith, the author says some of the other inmates may be descendants of Shao Jun, Shay, and Yusuf. That seems tenuous as best. I don't know if Yusuf even had any children after he met Ezio.

I kind of hope Ezio doesn't appear in the movie, and I'm not even sure a throwaway reference would be a good thing (although I will likely fangasm if it happens), especially if it's done in a convoluted or forced way.

ERICATHERINE
06-06-2016, 08:36 PM
Well, there weren't as many jet engines back in the day, so maybe they were opposed to capes for some other reason.

There's an article on gamesradar that theorizes how Ezio might make an appearance in the movie.

The actor playing one of the other Abstergo inmates revealed his character is a descendant of Baptiste from Liberation (and possible Baptiste himself). Based on evidence that isn't clear to me, and a few leaps of faith, the author says some of the other inmates may be descendants of Shao Jun, Shay, and Yusuf. That seems tenuous as best. I don't know if Yusuf even had any children after he met Ezio.

I kind of hope Ezio doesn't appear in the movie, and I'm not even sure a throwaway reference would be a good thing (although I will likely fangasm if it happens), especially if it's done in a convoluted or forced way.

When someone on the forum said someone in his part of the world would be there I suggested Yusuf Tazim. Look what happened. If it's really true that Yusuf will make an appearence, it'll be my second true ac prediction in two years. The first one was about the shroud of eden being the "new" piece of eden. Someone, back then said the shroud couldn't be it, because we already knew about it, making "not new". Look what happened. ^-^

cawatrooper9
06-07-2016, 09:13 PM

I think the East meets West thing, along with the "most accomplished Assassins of all time" could pretty easily refer to Istanbul and Ezio. It could also refer to Altair and the Holy Land.

Not so sure about the Shay one. I mean, I think Shay was almost too trusting of people- he joined up with the Templars before he knew who they were, and then worked with them afterward even after that revelation. If we'd have to pick an Assassin who was suspicious of others, I think my money would be on Connor (whose bow is apparently already confirmed in the film).

Ahh, that is true. Maybe it was to avoid situations like this:

https://31.media.tumblr.com/ea9b1e77afd41c51a5a0fb07586997dc/tumblr_inline_n6gzptPF781rgfsce.png

HDinHB
06-11-2016, 06:51 PM
From Access the Animus:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CkqnyXLW0AAxoWK.jpg:large

Sorry ze, they don't have a listing for Poortugal yet.

ze_topazio
06-11-2016, 07:01 PM
Sorry ze, they don't have a listing for Poortugal yet.

http://gifsec.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/05/Jon-snow-sad-gif.gif?gs=a

Spain is not listed either and the movie is set in Spain, that's even worse.

Sorrosyss
06-11-2016, 09:50 PM
Bleh, 5 days wait for the UK. Thats an eternity in the modern social media spoiling age I tell you. :p I'll have to go dark from the internet for a week...

*twitches at the thought*

Megas_Doux
06-12-2016, 04:49 PM
http://gifsec.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/05/Jon-snow-sad-gif.gif?gs=a

Spain is not listed either and the movie is set in Spain, that's even worse.

Hey ZE, let's join forces and make world being in the XVI century all over again :p

ze_topazio
06-13-2016, 12:19 AM
Hey ZE, let's join forces and make world being in the XVI century all over again :p

It may be time we teach the world who are the bosses, let's divide the planet once again among us and bring the inquisition upon the world for this disrespect.

Ureh
06-13-2016, 04:22 AM
They should at least hold the premiere event in Spain... maybe an outdoors screening near a filmed location if possible.

SixKeys
06-14-2016, 12:06 AM
Access the Animus posted a bunch of new screengrabs from the movie preview:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.814931468607764.1073742134.340276136073302&type=3

http://i67.tinypic.com/28cqdrn.jpg

http://i66.tinypic.com/29zbkwg.jpg

http://i63.tinypic.com/2my4squ.jpg

http://i64.tinypic.com/9vlgeq.jpg

http://i64.tinypic.com/x1n2mh.jpg

^ Apple....

http://i67.tinypic.com/2yjr2xl.jpg

...meet Apple!

http://i66.tinypic.com/2cpu61t.jpg

http://i63.tinypic.com/1ok80g.jpg

http://i67.tinypic.com/npf9uf.jpg

http://i66.tinypic.com/10xfqpv.jpg

http://i67.tinypic.com/2e2nok6.jpg

http://i68.tinypic.com/jrv03o.jpg

Such danger. Very anxiety.

http://i66.tinypic.com/m8n15k.jpg

http://i65.tinypic.com/ae36gi.jpg

ze_topazio
06-14-2016, 12:17 AM
Looking good.

Sorrosyss
06-14-2016, 01:14 AM
Very cool to see the bleeding effect in that short clip.

HDinHB
06-14-2016, 01:22 AM
Very cool to see the bleeding effect in that short clip.

+1

ERICATHERINE
06-14-2016, 03:40 AM
There, since nobody have posted this yet. ^-^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdjBDQa_UMU

cawatrooper9
06-14-2016, 02:42 PM
There, since nobody have posted this yet. ^-^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdjBDQa_UMU

Nice!

I feel bad for Gleeson, though.

ACADEMY AWARD WINNTER MICHAEL FASSBENDER

ACADEMY AWARD WINNER MARION COTILLARD

ACADEMY AWARD WINNER JEREMY IRONS

brendan gleeson

HDinHB
06-15-2016, 12:03 AM
Nice!

I feel bad for Gleeson, though.

ACADEMY AWARD WINNTER MICHAEL FASSBENDER

ACADEMY AWARD WINNER MARION COTILLARD

ACADEMY AWARD WINNER JEREMY IRONS

brendan gleeson

Well he should get off his duff and win one then! :rolleyes: Maybe AC will be his chance? He has won an Emmy though.

Fassbender hasn't won an Oscar yet, but has been nominated twice.

ERICATHERINE
06-15-2016, 01:18 AM
duff

Well maybe he went there and meet those famous people. :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqfLOJGS_7o

HDinHB
06-16-2016, 07:11 PM
So some of the star players that attended E3 got a special tour of the 20th Century Fox studios and a screening of the first 20 minutes of the movie. As far as I can tell from the tweets, it's rated OMG:

I don't think anything qualifies as a spoiler.

Just saw the movie footage and OMG Maria is a badass!! Can't wait to see more! #AssassinsCreedMovie

Also omg, this movie pays attention to detail. I think the hardcore fans are in for some good easter egg hunting! #AssassinsCreedMovie

OH MY GOD THE FIRST 20MINS OF THE @AssassinsMovie WAS IN-CREEDABLE!!! 😲😲😲 #EPIC #MINDBLOWN #CANTWAIT #OMG

I didn't include their twitter handles, but you can see the originals on the assassinscreed twitter page.

ze_topazio
06-16-2016, 07:24 PM
I don't know if we can truly trust hardcore fanboys and fangirls who think everything is amazing no matter what.

SixKeys
06-16-2016, 07:28 PM
I don't know if we can truly trust hardcore fanboys and fangirls who think everything is amazing no matter what.

^ This. :p The most tempered comment I saw was along the lines of "it looks promising. Once they've polished some things, I think we'll have a solid and entertaining movie on our hands". I'm cautiously optimistic, but trying not to get too caught up in the hype train.

RVSage
06-17-2016, 08:17 AM
Good positive vibe around the movie so far :D primarily due to the cast, and I believe the director has a unique touch to his movies, Macbeth was a well made movie. But I am still cautiously optimistic, remember Warcraft was a bomb this year, so was Hitman 47 previously and all movies based on games ever.

LoyalACFan
06-17-2016, 11:36 AM
Good positive vibe around the movie so far :D primarily due to the cast, and I believe the director has a unique touch to his movies, Macbeth was a well made movie. But I am still cautiously optimistic, remember Warcraft was a bomb this year, so was Hitman 47 previously and all movies based on games ever.

Warcraft was one of the few that gamers actually liked though, so you gotta give it props for that. Yeah, it bombed domestically and the critics didn't like it, but it's rare for gamers to react positively to a movie based on their favorite game. AC seems to be shooting for a more mainstream audience, which I think is a mistake TBH, because if you try and straddle that line and go for the broadest possible appeal, you can neither bring in new fans nor please the ones you've already got.

cawatrooper9
06-17-2016, 02:40 PM
Warcraft was one of the few that gamers actually liked though, so you gotta give it props for that. Yeah, it bombed domestically and the critics didn't like it, but it's rare for gamers to react positively to a movie based on their favorite game. AC seems to be shooting for a more mainstream audience, which I think is a mistake TBH, because if you try and straddle that line and go for the broadest possible appeal, you can neither bring in new fans nor please the ones you've already got.

That's the challenge. A film has to be true enough to the source material to appease the gamers, as the gamers are basically going to be the most vocal critics or supporters of the film. Warcraft did this pretty well, actually.

However, a film also has to be accessible enough to audiences to really get them involved and invested as well. Warcraft suffered on this aspect.

I actually do think Assassins Creed has a chance of fulfilling those two requirements. The film, so far, looks relatively close to what we've played in the games. However, rather than rehashing what is essentially the plot of a previous game like Warcraft did, we're getting an entirely new story, setting and characters. Assassins Creed has a personality of its own, and we've already had focus shifts on setting and characters within the games themselves, so I'm optimistic again for the time being.

Alutla
06-20-2016, 11:39 AM
Funny game turned out, and the movie I was not looking.

Sorrosyss
06-20-2016, 01:04 PM
I think it's smart of them to list the academy award nominations in the latest trailer. Everyone knows if you buddy up to the academy it reflects well, and it gets you support from the 'traditional' journalists. Hopefully some will view it as an art piece movie. :p (in fairness it does look pretty colouration wise).

For sure though, the early reviews scuppered Warcraft's release. Hope AC can make a better impression. It helps that North America is the movie's initial release, but I'm concerned about the wider release schedule. Parts of Europe are weeks behind, some even into 2017. The UK is usually alongside the USA on releases, but even we have to wait 5 days. Combine that with Christmas, and of course Star Wars, I can see some media running with "terrible opening international box office" when in reality it's spaced out, and with some non-ideal competition for people's time and money. I still argue it should have been pushed to January, or brought forward to November. But hey - I just hope it does well.

Ureh
06-20-2016, 07:17 PM
It's not what I believe. I know it will do well. Regardless if the media feels negative about the movie if I like what I see or hear, nothing will stop me! Nothing! Some of my fav movies got some really bad scores from journalists and I enjoyed the heck out of them and I think a ton of people all over the world did too.

Oh and something I drew last night. I gotta say, I still like doing these sketches even if I'm not good at it. There's just something so... I don't know how to describe it, but there's something special about transcribing the image in your mind onto paper. Maybe it's just the colour of her robes, but it reminds me of Ezio from ACR.

https://c8.staticflickr.com/8/7562/27722899791_4acbf00e07_c.jpg

Locopells
06-20-2016, 07:41 PM
Never let a critic stop you watching a film. As someone here recently quoted from Ratatouille

...the bitter truth we critics must face, is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating so.

cawatrooper9
06-21-2016, 02:22 PM
Oh yeah, I always find it interesting what other people have to say about a film or game, but I realize that in this day and age the hype train goes both ways. For instance, I thought Batman V Superman was a decent superhero flick. Not the best, certainly, and it's clearly not a contender for the Academy, but it way pretty okay.

On Rotten Tomatoes, it once sat as low as a 23%. Again, I wasn't in love with the film and it certainly had its flaws, but a 23 freaking percent? That's a joke, and it's just a symptom of modern media criticism- it's not that the movie was truly that bad (even I'd give it roughly a 60% at highest) but that people just wanted more from a movie with such iconic characters, so they took out their frustration on the internet scoring. 23 is a pretty meaningless number in the long scheme of things.

As Assassins Creed fans, and I think I may have mentioned this before, we're more than familiar with this phenomenon. When Unity came out, it was decent at best and messy at worst- but I seriously don't think that it was nearly as awful as many people would have you believe. At least, my experience with it wasn't- I'd call it forgettable but beautiful, if anything. I'm glad I was able to separate my experience with the game from what others told me I should be feeling.

SixKeys
06-21-2016, 03:05 PM
On Rotten Tomatoes, it once sat as low as a 23%. Again, I wasn't in love with the film and it certainly had its flaws, but a 23 freaking percent? That's a joke, and it's just a symptom of modern media criticism- it's not that the movie was truly that bad (even I'd give it roughly a 60% at highest) but that people just wanted more from a movie with such iconic characters, so they took out their frustration on the internet scoring. 23 is a pretty meaningless number in the long scheme of things.

Keep in mind that RT only collects statistics on how many critics gave the movie a positive or negative review. If it has a 23% approval rating, it doesn't mean those critics thought it was the worst movie ever, it just means that their review was counted amongst the negative ones and weighed against the number of positive ones. It's more useful to actually read what the critics say to get an understanding of if they just thought the movie was mediocre or if they really hated it.

cawatrooper9
06-21-2016, 06:56 PM
Keep in mind that RT only collects statistics on how many critics gave the movie a positive or negative review. If it has a 23% approval rating, it doesn't mean those critics thought it was the worst movie ever, it just means that their review was counted amongst the negative ones and weighed against the number of positive ones. It's more useful to actually read what the critics say to get an understanding of if they just thought the movie was mediocre or if they really hated it.

Right, I know, and that's another factor about this that makes the ratings so misleading. I don't know, it just seemed really low to me, and I didn't even care that much for the film.

RVSage
06-21-2016, 08:07 PM

And there has been movies , successful at box office, regardless of RT, average rating. RT does not paint the full picture

crusader_prophet
06-21-2016, 08:39 PM

RT statistics barely fleshes out the collected data. It does not apply any inferential statistics or even descriptive statistical analysis to the collected data. It just presents you with numbers. And common public do not possess the necessary skills to evaluate those numbers in a meaningful and representative style. A set of review scores can be bi-nodal or skewed to one direction pretty much showing that the population reviewing the game/movie are polarized. In this instance just averaging out the review scores is not an accurate representation of the quality of the movie or game. Even conventional statistical descriptive methods aren't applicable in this case such as mean and standard deviation because they mostly apply to normally distributed data which are uni-nodal. In most cases of reviews with media related content, should be evaluated based on more sophisticated statistical tools such as measure of chi-squared test or even basic descriptive parameters as median of the review scores which will be more representative of the polarization embedded in the data. Apologies for the jargon, but for people like me it is very difficult to swallow misleading metrics out there on the internet. I fear AC movie will be impacted by such misleading numbers out there as well.

joshoolhorst
06-28-2016, 10:07 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUFKJoCJ3Mc
Is he holding the apple at 0:59 when the soldiers bow before him?

Ureh
06-28-2016, 10:36 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUFKJoCJ3Mc
Is he holding the apple at 0:59 when the soldiers bow before him?

It probably is. The same (or similar) room is shown again in another shot. SixKeys posted some screenies awhile back (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1252276-AC-Movie-Discussion-Thread-(Now-with-Trailers!)?p=11770657&viewfull=1#post11770657).

http://i67.tinypic.com/2yjr2xl.jpg

http://i66.tinypic.com/10xfqpv.jpg

ze_topazio
06-29-2016, 12:50 AM
New pic.

https://scontent.flis2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13537524_821504907950420_2184056392900406815_n.jpg ?oh=6be69fcaa9f47f48cbd3219b0b45939d&oe=57EC3B99

joshoolhorst
06-30-2016, 09:41 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CmHGYg_WEAAQyVf.jpg
https://twitter.com/hashtag/assassinscreedmovie?src=hash

joshoolhorst
06-30-2016, 09:57 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CYyV4BdWAAAow61.jpg
Oké please somebody here that girl on the right in the image sitting on the ground next to the guy with the beard who is she again she is a actrice and plays a Assassin if I can remember ?

cawatrooper9
06-30-2016, 10:48 PM
Oké please somebody here that girl on the right in the image sitting on the ground next to the guy with the beard who is she again?

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/community-sitcom/images/1/15/ACL_Chang_presents_to_the_class_the_crib_sheet.png/revision/latest?cb=20120530080101

No idea, hard to see that much detail. Is she cast?

joshoolhorst
07-01-2016, 06:25 PM
I wonder how they tracked Callum down and how did Abstergo found out that Desmond has all the ancestry?
Or is it just me because I'm trying to get back in and read everything but did I miss a dialoge?

SixKeys
07-01-2016, 09:22 PM
Oké please somebody here that girl on the right in the image sitting on the ground next to the guy with the beard who is she again she is a actrice and plays a Assassin if I can remember ?

I believe that's Ariane Labed who plays Maria, the female assassin.

I wonder how they tracked Callum down and how did Abstergo found out that Desmond has all the ancestry?
Or is it just me because I'm trying to get back in and read everything but did I miss a dialoge?

Not sure what Desmond has to do with anything? It's worth keeping in mind that the movie is its own thing. It does supposedly fit into the game universe, but there probably won't be many direct references to stuff that is only important to the games, like Desmond's ancestry.

joshoolhorst
07-01-2016, 11:41 PM
I believe that's Ariane Labed who plays Maria, the female assassin.

Not sure what Desmond has to do with anything? It's worth keeping in mind that the movie is its own thing. It does supposedly fit into the game universe, but there probably won't be many direct references to stuff that is only important to the games, like Desmond's ancestry.

She doesn't look like Ariane Labed

And about Desmond and the movie canon I know but I just wanted to ask about Desmond.

joshoolhorst
07-03-2016, 08:54 AM
I'm gonna get those posters of the movie:)

Black_Widow9
07-04-2016, 02:03 AM
Hey guys,

Please don't post magazine scans because they are a breach of copyright. ;)

Thanks

ERICATHERINE
07-06-2016, 04:15 AM
Do you think we might have a teaser for ac empire, before the ac movie, in the cinema? ^-^

cawatrooper9
07-06-2016, 03:53 PM
Do you think we might have a teaser for ac empire, before the ac movie, in the cinema? ^-^

I kind of doubt it, but that would be cool.

ze_topazio
07-07-2016, 11:07 PM
https://scontent.flis2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13576674_826335114134066_7548127928105302243_o.jpg

https://scontent.flis2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13603770_826335117467399_3309364068369690920_o.jpg

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-08-2016, 01:11 AM
Lovely <3

ERICATHERINE
07-08-2016, 03:16 AM
https://scontent.flis2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13576674_826335114134066_7548127928105302243_o.jpg

https://scontent.flis2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13603770_826335117467399_3309364068369690920_o.jpg

My hype is growing. ^-^

joshoolhorst
07-08-2016, 04:32 PM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/07/08/assassins-creed-movie-wont-earn-much-money-says-ubisoft?abthid=577fa68b066d360c19000006

-__-

''Ubisoft doesn't expect to make a lot of money from its upcoming Assassin's Creed film, but instead sees it as a way to increase awareness of the brand.

"We are not going to earn a lot of money from it," Ubisoft’s European head Alain Corre told MCV.'' -IGN Website

I don't think the movie is gonna be bad but I rather don't want you to say that.
What do you guys think?

ERICATHERINE
07-08-2016, 06:17 PM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/07/08/assassins-creed-movie-wont-earn-much-money-says-ubisoft?abthid=577fa68b066d360c19000006

-__-

''Ubisoft doesn't expect to make a lot of money from its upcoming Assassin's Creed film, but instead sees it as a way to increase awareness of the brand.

"We are not going to earn a lot of money from it," Ubisoft’s European head Alain Corre told MCV.'' -IGN Website

I don't think the movie is gonna be bad but I rather don't want you to say that.
What do you guys think?

Well if they want more people to know ac exist, I'm sure they want those person to have a good time watching the movie, so they might want to play ac games. If the movie is to be bad, I don't think it will be planed, because with that kind of intention, they want it to be good, so the movie attract more people to the franchise.

Also, them saying they are not going to earn a lot of money from it don't mean the movie will be bad. Remember that star wars rogue one, will be coming to teaters around the same time, not to mentione the other movies. ^-^

Ureh
07-08-2016, 07:13 PM

Mmm... delicious eye candy. Yum yum.

joshoolhorst
07-08-2016, 09:22 PM
Well if they want more people to know ac exist, I'm sure they want those person to have a good time watching the movie, so they might want to play ac games. If the movie is to be bad, I don't think it will be planed, because with that kind of intention, they want it to be good, so the movie attract more people to the franchise.

Also, them saying they are not going to earn a lot of money from it don't mean the movie will be bad. Remember that star wars rogue one, will be coming to teaters around the same time, not to mentione the other movies. ^-^

I'm glad that people here are more positive and think like this on here than on IGN comment section of this news:o

joshoolhorst
07-08-2016, 09:44 PM
Mmm... delicious eye candy. Yum yum.

I admit... If I was a woman I do date him

Helforsite
07-08-2016, 10:23 PM
For me it was more of a statement about their intentions of what they want to achieve with the movie. They want to raise brand awareness and tell a good story that will introduce people to the Assassin's Creed Universe. I personally think that they dont expect a huge profit, because of the stigma attached to video game movies and because Star Wars Rogue One comes to theatres about a week before Assassin's Creed in most countries.

ERICATHERINE
07-09-2016, 02:13 AM
I'm glad that people here are more positive and think like this on here than on IGN comment section of this news:o

^-^

Sushiglutton
07-09-2016, 11:11 AM

-__-

What do you guys think?

Meh I wouldn't read too much into it. It probably cost like what a couple of hundred millions to make? Pretty tough for a new movie brand to make that up I suppose. I have high expectations. Really awesome cast and that usually helps. Also I really like the shots I've seen so far with the parkour looking very AC-ey and the new Arminus being a cool concept. Fingers crossed.

HDinHB
07-09-2016, 05:45 PM
Ubisoft tried to clarify the message:

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/ubisoft-movies-like-assassin-s-creed-are-not-about-making-money/0169446

Update: Following this story's publication, Ubisoft contacted MCV to say that - marketing benefits notwithstanding - the purpose of the Assassin's Creed movie is to make a good film, first and foremost:

"Ubisoft's core vision is to create top quality entertainment and experiences. For the Assassin’s Creed film, we have worked closely with our partners at New Regency and 20th Century Fox as well as the talented cast and production team from the very beginning to ensure we deliver a quality experience to ours fans. We strongly believe the Assassin’s Creed brand has this cross-over appeal that will please both video games fans and movie goers."

I'm optimistic based on what I've seen so far. (I'll never learn.)

Megas_Doux
07-09-2016, 05:54 PM
Ubisoft PR just, no......

SixKeys
07-09-2016, 10:33 PM
I read it as Aymar trying to reassure fans that the movie isn't just a cheap money grab. Most video game movies are done with the expectation of making a lot of money from the widest possible audience, without regard for the spirit of the brand. It sounded like he was trying to say they have faith in the movie as an integral part of the brand, like the novels and comics, even if it doesn't make a ton of money.

Somehow I guessed that statement would come back to bite him, though.

HDinHB
07-21-2016, 11:54 PM
http://www.ely-news.co.uk/film-crews-at-ely-cathedral/story-29537777-detail/story.html
http://www.ely-news.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/276456/Article/images/29537777/14942009-large.jpg

Scenes for huge new action blockbuster, Assassin's Creed, are rumoured to be being filmed at Ely Cathedral.

Setting up for filming has started on Palace Green and filming is said to be starting next week.

Nobody from the cathedral is currently available to confirm what the filming is for but the Ely News understands it is for major new 20th Century Fox film, Assassin's Creed.

The movie, due out later this year, stars Michael Fassbender and Marion Cotillard - both of whom have starred in scenes in other movies filmed at the cathedral.

Ely Cathedral is located near Cambridge, England. I don't remember hearing it mentioned as one of the filming locations, so maybe they are adding new content instead of just re-shooting some scenes. Sometimes they need to re-shoot for technical reasons. Sometimes they re-shoot or add scenes because of focus group or test audience feedback. Or maybe it's not AC at all.

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/46482000/jpg/_46482541_ely20sunset.jpghttp://www.elycathedral.org/assets/pages/00000011/scan-seven-bs.jpg

Locopells
07-22-2016, 12:09 AM
Wait, they're at ELY?!

That's, like an hour from me!

HDinHB
07-22-2016, 01:38 AM
Wait, they're at ELY?!

Wot? I have an eavesdropping/tailing/souvenir-gathering mission for you...

joshoolhorst
07-22-2016, 02:39 PM
Wait, they're at ELY?!

Assassin you have a new contract they might know something about the shroud follow them and make pictures and if you see Fassbender tail him to his hide out

cawatrooper9
07-22-2016, 03:19 PM
Just know, for the love of god, that killing your target will cause desynchronization.

Just had to make sure that's clear. :p

SixKeys
07-22-2016, 07:05 PM
Rooks, with me!

HDinHB
07-23-2016, 01:04 AM
Access the Animus found this

Look what we found in the bin http://bbc.in/29TvZuY

http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/live-experience/cps/480/cpsprodpb/vivo/live/images/2016/7/22/0ea173f0-91a8-4b6f-a372-a0c189169a2a.jpg

Apparently, the agent didn't get a snapshot of the map on the back, but there was this additional intelligence:

Well, this morning BBC Radio Cambridgeshire reporter Johnny Dee found this letter to local residents and businesses in the bin outside the cathedral.

It states a new feature film called Time Out Of Mind - confusingly, the same title as a 2014 Richard Gere flick - is being shot there next week.

However, it's been widely rumoured by residents and the local press that the new Assassin's Creed movie is being shot there.

A quick Google search finds a lot of online talk about Time Out Of Mind being the on-set name of Assassin's Creed.

To try and clarify things, we called the number on the letter. The spokeswoman wouldn't give us any details, but instead gave us a couple of email addresses for Fox - which is, of course, making the Assassin's Creed movie.

So can we definitely say you'll see actors Michael Fassbender and Marion Cotillard having a pint at the Albert, or a lamb bhuna and naan at Le Spice next week? No. But the evidence is stacking up.

So we have the alleged filming times from 0800 to 1900 on 26 July.

Loco, your mission is clear. The details are up to you, but I would consider blending in with the breakfast crew, or disguising yourself as a grip or clapper loader. Do not be detected.
Optional objective: skin an alligator.

Locopells
07-23-2016, 01:21 AM
Hmm, the 26th...that might work, I've got business that way, if I can swing a diversion...

No promises, but I'll see what I can do!

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-23-2016, 03:30 AM
I know you won't disappoint Loco :)

You may even get a cameo in the movie if you're lucky! ;)

HDinHB
07-23-2016, 04:57 AM
I know you won't disappoint Loco :)

You may even get a cameo in the movie if you're lucky! ;)

Wouldn't you just die?

Now we have to go to the movie just to see which hooded Assassin is Loco....there, sitting on the bench...no, behind that pillar...no, there's Loco, in that haystack!

Locopells
07-23-2016, 09:38 AM
That...would be awesome...

EDIT: Even if I can't make it, I think these guys are gonna be on spot:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1214315898599191

HDinHB
07-25-2016, 04:55 AM
Comic Con reveal: Aguilar's pendant:

https://twitter.com/assassinscreed/status/757416882274271232

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CoLioWpXgAAj4RO.jpg:small

RVSage
07-25-2016, 11:33 PM
I hope we get a trailer around gamescom , First year in a long time with so minimal AC hype tbh. Even if I like it, Kinda feels strange

ze_topazio
07-26-2016, 09:00 PM
https://scontent-mxp1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13654362_1239120072794329_1537041923261015098_n.jp g?oh=c6da31d70afa08f1f6d8876e818bc924&oe=582C875C

RVSage
07-26-2016, 10:57 PM
https://scontent-mxp1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13654362_1239120072794329_1537041923261015098_n.jp g?oh=c6da31d70afa08f1f6d8876e818bc924&oe=582C875C

Love the colors in this still image :D

HDinHB
07-27-2016, 01:39 AM
Who's a good horse?

Has anyone heard from Loco since the Ely mission? I fear the worst--a non-disclosure agreement.

ERICATHERINE
07-27-2016, 01:47 AM

That face. It look like he is constipated. :p

RVSage
07-27-2016, 10:37 AM
Who's a good horse?

Has anyone heard from Loco since the Ely mission? I fear the worst--a non-disclosure agreement.

You are ;)

Locopells
07-27-2016, 11:38 AM
Hey guys, sorry to not report before, yesterday was a busy day (not for the reasons you think, heh!).

Long story short, not much to report. I didn't get much time in Ely and but they'd got the entire Cathedral closed, so no sneaking around! I hung around for a bit, but didn't see anything noteworthy.

However, it seems someone else got lucky:

http://www.ely-news.co.uk/ (http://www.ely-news.co.uk/pictures-of-marion-cotillard-and-jeremy-irons-at-ely-cathedral-for-filming-of-assassin-s-creed/story-29555658-detail/story.html)

Looks like it's def AC they're filming there (not that there seemed to be a lot of doubt, heh).

joshoolhorst
07-27-2016, 12:12 PM
Who's a good horse?

He is on stealth mode for now remember... Never compromise the brotherhood

joshoolhorst
07-27-2016, 04:25 PM
I just received my film/movie poster looks awesome:)