PDA

View Full Version : Predictor sights for P51...Bomb sights?

IZT
04-30-2004, 08:25 AM
Ok Which air craft has the dive bomb sights? i noe the Ju 87 has it.how do we use these dive bobmb sights?? (screenshots would be nice)

Also i saw someone talking about predictor sights on the P51?? What do they do and how do they look like and where are they in the cockpit?

IZT
04-30-2004, 08:25 AM
Ok Which air craft has the dive bomb sights? i noe the Ju 87 has it.how do we use these dive bobmb sights?? (screenshots would be nice)

Also i saw someone talking about predictor sights on the P51?? What do they do and how do they look like and where are they in the cockpit?

VW-IceFire
04-30-2004, 10:13 AM
The gyroscopic gunsight on the P-51 is only present on the P-51D-20 (its also on the YP-80). You need to set key controls for this...they aren't predefined.

Mine is alt-A for instance.

There are three options: Normal, Normal + Gyro, Gyro Only.

Gyro gunsight works like this...you select the target planes wingspan (options are 109, 190, and FW-200, etc.), then when the target plane fits inside of the outer gunsight marks you open fire. You place the target ontop of the middle of the gunsight so that in the event of a turn or a deflection shot the gyrosight is oriented so that you shoot at the plane and it hits.

It takes practice and some work but it can make you into a deadly shot. Both with the gyro and without it (you learn how to do better shooting).

http://home.cogeco.ca/~cczerneda/sigs/tmv-sig1.jpg
RCAF 412 Falcon Squadron - "Swift to Avenge"

Chuck_Older
04-30-2004, 10:19 AM
Ordinarily, I'd do a four paragraph description of the K-14 Gyro gunsight, but I feel lazy today. Do a serach under my name with the keywords "K-14" and you'll find one of the others I have posted.

The hillsides ring with, "Free the People",
Or can I hear the echoes from the days of '39?
~ Clash

SwingerSpecial
04-30-2004, 08:54 PM
The Stuvi dive bombing sight is very simple to operate.

1.) Set your release altitude
2.) Set your TAS for what it's going to be at the release altitude (do a couple of practice missions and just watch your speed, draw a chart for different altitudes & ordnance loads)
3.) Dive at a 60 - 90 degree angle
4.) Where the vertical line & the tiny horizontal tab intersect, is where your bombs will land.
5.) Aim.
6.) When your horn sounds, drop your ordnance and vacate the crime scene rapidly.