PDA

View Full Version : How I think Syndicate Could Start

CrossedEagle
08-25-2015, 07:34 PM
I posted this theory on the ACReddit and I thought I'd post it here to get more opinions, so let me know what you think :)

If Syndicate starts out with a one-off Helix mission like Unity I think it will be in Ancient Rome, or rather Macedonia during the Battle of Phillipi. We'd likely control an associate of Marcus Brutus as Caesar's allies clashed with Brutus and Cassius and their forces. Brutus and Cassius knew they faced an inevitable defeat in the Battle and committed suicide. Why do I think Syndicate will start out there?

Syndicate will feature the Shroud. One of the few times the Shroud has appeared in AC lore is when Brutus' followers gathered at Phillipi after his death and attempted to revive him with the Shroud. Although Brutus opened his eyes and moved slightly, the Shroud did not revive him. This could introduce characters to the Shroud and get them curious about it.

Senior Producer Jeff Skalski has confirmed that Syndicate's modern day will start on October 23rd. This is the same day as Syndicate's release. This is the first time an Assassin's Creed game will be released on a Friday. Jay Acevedo, PR Manager for Ubisoft Canada has said that this date was chosen intentionally. Why does the date matter? Brutus died on October 23rd, 42 BC.

What if the player lives the memory of the Battle of Phillipi on the day it happened? The player sees Brutus die and the Shroud fail to bring him back to life before we are thrust into London?

What do you think? Could this just be an amazing coincidence or could we get some Ancient Rome action? If you don't think Syndicate will start out like that, how do you think it will start?

P.S. Also, I did do a search but if a topic like this already exists I didn't find it, sorry. I'm new here heh heh :P

Bastiaen
08-25-2015, 08:00 PM
I hope this is true. It's a great idea.

Shahkulu101
08-25-2015, 09:02 PM
Nice theory, sounds awesome - really hope you're correct.

BananaBlighter
08-25-2015, 09:24 PM
The moment i saw that Brutus died on October 23rd I decided there was no way this theory was incorrect.

MongoosE97
08-26-2015, 11:44 AM
This is a pretty awesome idea. However, over an quick Helix memory at the beginning of the game I'd rather see a Revelations style series of "Brutus Memories" like the Altair ones. That release date talk pretty much confirms Brutus involvement either way, nice find!

dimbismp
08-26-2015, 12:57 PM
Great find!
And welcome to the forums :)

Sorrosyss
08-26-2015, 01:16 PM
Great theory, this would certainly be an interesting opening. :)

I hadn't read about the October 23rd date being significant. May have to look into that to see what else could be upon us - is there something in the real modern world on that date maybe? A big comet or something, I dunno. Hmm.

Abelzorus-Prime
08-26-2015, 04:23 PM
One of the most plausible theories I have ever heard on an Assassin's Creed game.

VestigialLlama4
08-26-2015, 04:41 PM
Really great theory.

GunnerGalactico
08-26-2015, 07:04 PM
Sounds exciting. It also makes sense since we had the Jacque de Molay mission in Unity. I wouldn't mind having something like that in Syndicate.

ze_topazio
08-27-2015, 03:12 AM
You might be onto something.

Wolfmeister1010
08-27-2015, 03:42 AM
Hm..interesting.

I would definitely love some of that, even if it is just for a few minutes.

But how would they do it in terms of combat? AC Unity's opening worked because swords were used in both time periods. Syndicate's combat is just a lot of punching...how will they incorporate Ancient Roman weapons and swords?

Because of this, I believe that if there is ancient rome footage at the opening, it will either be solely parkour or traversal based, or a cutscene.

Abelzorus-Prime
08-27-2015, 03:54 AM
Hm..interesting.

But how would they do it in terms of combat? AC Unity's opening worked because swords were used in both time periods. Syndicate's combat is just a lot of punching...how will they incorporate Ancient Roman weapons and swords?

It's possible you could use a dagger the same way you used a can sword with Jacob

CrossedEagle
08-27-2015, 04:36 AM
This is a pretty awesome idea. However, over an quick Helix memory at the beginning of the game I'd rather see a Revelations style series of "Brutus Memories" like the Altair ones. That release date talk pretty much confirms Brutus involvement either way, nice find!

I'd love "Brutus Memories" too, but the reason "Altair Memories" worked in ACRe was because Altair and Masyaf had already been created in AC1. If we can't get "Brutus Memories" though, I'll take a good Helix memory.

I'm really hoping the date means something too and it's not just because they ran out of Tuesdays ha ha.

Sorrosyss
08-27-2015, 08:29 AM
I'd love "Brutus Memories" too, but the reason "Altair Memories" worked in ACRe was because Altair and Masyaf had already been created in AC1. If we can't get "Brutus Memories" though, I'll take a good Helix memory.

I'm really hoping the date means something too and it's not just because they ran out of Tuesdays ha ha.

"The date is significant, trust us.... We simply can't release after Fallout 4 guys..."

:p

AquilaTempestas
08-27-2015, 01:31 PM
Would be pretty cool if this happens!

Wonder if Brutus's story is somehow a foreshadowing for the Fryes?

Hans684
08-27-2015, 03:22 PM
Or it's start has something relate to the Koh-I-Noor.

Kuiperdolin
08-27-2015, 03:41 PM
They can go full pseudohistorical and merge him with Brutus, the legendary founder of Britain, making a further connexion with the rest of the game:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brutus_of_Troy

ze_topazio
08-27-2015, 05:26 PM
Hm..interesting.

I would definitely love some of that, even if it is just for a few minutes.

Because of this, I believe that if there is ancient rome footage at the opening, it will either be solely parkour or traversal based, or a cutscene.

What makes you think the Romans didn't knew how to punch people in the face? lol

They can just import combat animations and mechanics from previous games to use on that specific segment.

AnExplodingDodo
08-27-2015, 06:26 PM
Okay so I'm probably vastly over thinking this but with the Roman relation, there is a few cool possibilities that could arrse.

Would it not be cool to assume the opening sequence shows fragmented history of the Shroud?

After Brutus we know that Geoffroy de Charny possessed the Shroud. He was a French Knight’s Templar. He lived around the same time as Jacques de Molay and could also have been at the Temple in Paris, so could this link into the beginning of Unity? Unlikely but it would be nice to think this could be done if a few dates are rearranged.

What we know is that after this, an Auditore assassin stole the shroud from him and allegedly hid it under Monteriggioni (could this link Unity and ACII/Brotherhood?). The siege of Monteriggioni in 1454 was carried out with the intention to find what was hidden under Monteriggioni. Mario Auditore defended the city, and then went to see if anything was indeed under the city. In the search he lost his eye (as we can see in the game). He found something and gave it to Giovanni Auditore. Could we see these two brothers return again??

Giovanni Borgia (an assassin who was possibly the son of Cesare Borgia) came into contact with the Shroud and relived Brutus’ memories. Imagine if the game could start with us playing as Brutus, he then dies, shroud used on him, then we realise we’re actually Giovannia Borgia living out the memories.

Let us not forget, in the same game, Ezio also discovers the armour of Brutus. Could we see these links? Could the game link to the Auditores?

On an unrelated note, let us not forget that the Romans did for some time occupy London; once named Londinium. There could be Roman vaults underneath London (could this interfere with the London underground?), or sacred relics hidden in the city. I honestly think that this is all going somewhere. Maybe I’m over thinking things a little hehe :P

This thing with Brutus is such a sound theory

Aphex_Tim
08-27-2015, 06:43 PM
Sounds cool; would love to see this.
Though my only worry with this would be that it would mean we would once again be playing through a Helix device, which would then very likely be hacked once again by the Assassins for you to complete some "important" mission from your living room, resulting in another half-assed modern day story line for Syndicate.
Though granted, I've not been following any Syndicate developments over the past period of time so I don't know if anything's been confirmed for modern day. It's just a concern that came to mind.

Altair1789
08-27-2015, 11:39 PM
http://upload.vstanced.com/images/2014/05/27/post-30824-Jack-Nicholson-Creepy-Nodding-SRXv.gif

Apply for a job at Ubisoft

HDinHB
08-28-2015, 02:48 AM
"The date is significant, trust us.... We simply can't release after Fallout 4 guys..."

Sadly, this is probably closer to the truth than anything else in this forum. :rolleyes:

Wolfmeister1010
08-28-2015, 03:55 AM
They can just import combat animations and mechanics from previous games to use on that specific segment.

It isn't that simple.
For that, they would have to incorporate tutorials for both systems of combat, one of which would only be used once.

As far as the "punching" thing, do you really expect Roman soldiers including Brutus to punch each other in the memory? Swords, spears and steel weapons were...what they used. If there is going to be armed conflict in ancient rome, there are going to swords involved. The whole reason there aren't any swords in Syndicate is because they have been banned on the streets and combat had to be more discreet.

Abelzorus-Prime
08-28-2015, 02:35 PM
It isn't that simple.
For that, they would have to incorporate tutorials for both systems of combat, one of which would only be used once.

As far as the "punching" thing, do you really expect Roman soldiers including Brutus to punch each other in the memory? Swords, spears and steel weapons were...what they used. If there is going to be armed conflict in ancient rome, there are going to swords involved. The whole reason there aren't any swords in Syndicate is because they have been banned on the streets and combat had to be more discreet.

They do have a cane sword in Assassin's Creed Syndicate, and there is a Kukri, so they could use the Kukri animations for Brutus' dagger. It's not just "punching" in Syndicate.

RVSage
08-28-2015, 07:04 PM
One of the best fan made theory , I have seen recently :)

Could this person be a Ubisoft dev in disguise?? :P ;)

CrossedEagle
08-28-2015, 07:12 PM
One of the best fan made theory , I have seen recently :)

Could this person be a Ubisoft dev in disguise?? :P ;)

Thank you :D

And sadly no, ha ha. I'm just a fan.

ze_topazio
08-28-2015, 07:25 PM
Thank you :D

And sadly no, ha ha. I'm just a fan.

You ain't fooling us, how is working for Ubisoft?

CrossedEagle
08-29-2015, 12:33 AM
^Ha ha.

They do have a cane sword in Assassin's Creed Syndicate, and there is a Kukri, so they could use the Kukri animations for Brutus' dagger. It's not just "punching" in Syndicate.

I'd assume the Romans would use daggers which could translate to the Kukri knife easily. There are sword-canes in ACS which could (at least the sword part) translate to a gladius, which is a shorter type of sword. Throwing knives and fist to fist combat could translate as well for what I would imagine would be a shorter memory.

col_96
08-29-2015, 01:59 AM
I think it's an interesting theory!

I would love to see characters that have already been explored in the lore.

Abelzorus-Prime
08-29-2015, 02:13 AM
I'd assume the Romans would use daggers which could translate to the Kukri knife easily. There are sword-canes in ACS which could (at least the sword part) translate to a gladius, which is a shorter type of sword. Throwing knives and fist to fist combat could translate as well for what I would imagine would be a shorter memory.

Great Minds think alike!

Jessigirl2013
08-29-2015, 05:09 PM
Wasn't it said on a Spanish video about how the game would start.

I wont post as it would be very spoilerish IMO ;)

It starts with them on a train arriving in London

CrossedEagle
08-29-2015, 06:27 PM
Wasn't it said on a Spanish video about how the game would start.

I wont post as it would be very spoilerish IMO ;)

It starts with them on a train arriving in London

I don't consider that much of a spoiler because they've stated that a couple of times and it doesn't reveal any major plot points. That said your spoiler shows how Jacob and Evie's story begins in London, not how the game itself starts.

cawatrooper9
10-06-2015, 02:55 PM
Maybe, for once, they've actually managed to keep some of their spoilers secret!

Other important dates for England on October 23, though (according to Wikipedia):
1295- Auld Alliance Treaty signed
1641- Irish Rebellion begins
1642- Battle of Edge Hill
1694- Failed British attack on Quebec
1707- First Parlaiment of Great Britain meets
1739- Prime Minister Robert Walpole declares war on Spain

Later Important Dates- (Who says that the "Helix-ish" mission has to be before the main story?)
1929- NY Stock shows signs of panic (Black Monday happens a day later)
1942- Second Battle of El Alamein (EGYPT!!!)

I'm sure I missed some other important possibilities. Honestly, though, the Brutus theory sounds the most appealing (and well supported) to me. Ancient Rome is one my most most anticipated settings.

Jessigirl2013
10-11-2015, 08:02 PM
This is a interesting theory.....