PDA

View Full Version : Dear Mr. Maddox: Will the FW190 Flightmodel be upgraded?

XyZspineZyX
07-16-2003, 11:18 AM
Hi folks,
my Name is Kemal and i am writing from Germany...
At first, i have to say that Il-2 is really DAMNGOOD!
But, as a fan of German planes i realized one thing very soon.. It`s the low performance of the FW190 (mainly the A-8)... In my opinion, it is much too much "Stall-Prone", and the climbing rate seems a bit too low to me...
In many sources, even from US/GB it is said that the FW190
was one of the best fighters worldwide `til the Mustang and
Spitfire Vb came out... but why it tries everytime i try to make a bow to stall and flutter? In many Il-2 Forums here in germany we dicussed this lack of performance, and it was a clear conclusion (of nearly all forum-members) that the flightmodel seems too weak.

Message Edited on 07/16/0310:22AM by Belechem

XyZspineZyX
07-16-2003, 11:18 AM
Hi folks,
my Name is Kemal and i am writing from Germany...
At first, i have to say that Il-2 is really DAMNGOOD!
But, as a fan of German planes i realized one thing very soon.. It`s the low performance of the FW190 (mainly the A-8)... In my opinion, it is much too much "Stall-Prone", and the climbing rate seems a bit too low to me...
In many sources, even from US/GB it is said that the FW190
was one of the best fighters worldwide `til the Mustang and
Spitfire Vb came out... but why it tries everytime i try to make a bow to stall and flutter? In many Il-2 Forums here in germany we dicussed this lack of performance, and it was a clear conclusion (of nearly all forum-members) that the flightmodel seems too weak.

Message Edited on 07/16/0310:22AM by Belechem

XyZspineZyX
07-16-2003, 11:21 AM
from the b@stards flying the illegal patch 07:

"i'll comment
the 07 FW190 is uber - climbs well down low and turns well. Has it's normal
good speed
you put those three together with it's great firepower - you have 'uber'"

/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

for the time being ai FB1.0, trim it nose up cca 15 clicks up when flying. It will help a lot.

-------------

"The picture repeats itself when operations, which began with great intent and local successes, degenerated into senseless, wild hammering at fixed front-line positions once they encounter initial heavy losses and unforeseen situations. This incomprehensible phenomenon appears again and again. But, even in extremis, the Russian is never logical; he falls back on his natural instinct, and the nature of the Russian is to use mass, steamroller tactics, and adherence to given objectives without regard to changing situations."

German 9th Army report after repulsing the Soviet offensive "Mars" in Rzhev bulge, December 1942.

XyZspineZyX
07-16-2003, 11:32 AM
In the end, I think it's not a good thing to discuss details of a beta in an open forum!

So, I won't say anything more that no aircrafts will be "über", but all aircrafts will simply fly right (and be able to be used according their own right historic tactics) because of the outstanding job of the Maddox team /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Cheers,

XyZspineZyX
07-16-2003, 01:22 PM
Dear jurinko,
thanks for your reply, but
i did not ask about FB, but i meant IL-2.
I use no illegal patches or betas or Fan-addons, this will mess up the Game, just like CFS2 of Microsoft, where
guys are flying around with 20 12.5" Machineguns and still
have the performance of a Zero. Because of this i do not like "illegal" or so-called "Betas".
It simply kills the fun.
And in Germany we do not say "uber"(this is the bad translation of what we germans call SUPER.
:-))

Message Edited on 07/16/03â 12:23PM by Belechem

Message Edited on 07/16/0312:24PM by Belechem

XyZspineZyX
07-16-2003, 01:25 PM
Belechem wrote:
- Dear jurinko,
- thanks for your reply, but
- i did not ask about FB, but i meant IL-2.
- I use no illegal patches or betas or Fan-addons,
- this will mess up the Game, just like CFS2 of
- Microsoft, where
- guys are flying around with 20 12.5" Machineguns and
- still
- have the performance of a Zero. Because of this i do
- not like "illegal" or so-called "Betas".
- And in Germany we do not say "uber"(this is the bad
- translation of what we germans call SUPER.
- :-))

Then no, no more patches will be released for the original IL2.

<center> http://www.322squadron.com/images/322.gif </center>

XyZspineZyX
07-16-2003, 01:28 PM
...And for FB?

XyZspineZyX
07-16-2003, 01:33 PM
Belechem wrote:
- ...And for FB?
-
-

millions of fans sitting in front of the screen, a finger hovering milimeters over the download buttom. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

or simple:
no one knows, but it's in final testing.

quiet_man

second foundation member of the EURO_Snoopy fan club!

I'm quiet_man, but if I post I post quiet much /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
07-16-2003, 01:44 PM
@shakira
Thx

Message Edited on 07/19/0303:09PM by Belechem

XyZspineZyX
07-16-2003, 01:49 PM
@cappadocian
that`s sad... really.
Now at this time, IL-2 was released at low-price in GER
and i would not go so far to say it booms, but the cicle of players is getting VERY fast bigger now.
Hm.. would it be SUCH a problem to make a little enhance to
ONE bird?

XyZspineZyX
07-16-2003, 01:51 PM
forgett that trottel ("shakira")

in original IL-2, when turning or doing loop with Fw, use take-off flaps for that moment. greatly increases the turn ability and stability also. and be sure u applied all the patches for il2 available up to V1.2. One of them fixed the climbrate and speed of Fws up.

and the fb beta comment, i read it somewhere and copy-pasted it. Hehe, looking forward for the patched Wurger /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

-------------

"The picture repeats itself when operations, which began with great intent and local successes, degenerated into senseless, wild hammering at fixed front-line positions once they encounter initial heavy losses and unforeseen situations. This incomprehensible phenomenon appears again and again. But, even in extremis, the Russian is never logical; he falls back on his natural instinct, and the nature of the Russian is to use mass, steamroller tactics, and adherence to given objectives without regard to changing situations."

German 9th Army report after repulsing the Soviet offensive "Mars" in Rzhev bulge, December 1942.

Message Edited on 07/16/0302:52PM by jurinko

XyZspineZyX
07-16-2003, 02:02 PM
if only you knew what you're missing. I offered it to you on a pladder, but you are too cowardly to take it http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.

hint:
what comes after 06 ?

XyZspineZyX
07-16-2003, 02:17 PM
Belechem wrote:
- @cappadocian
- that`s sad... really.
- Now at this time, IL-2 was released at low-price in
- GER
- and i would not go so far to say it booms, but the
- cicle of players is getting VERY fast bigger now.
- Hm.. would it be SUCH a problem to make a little
- enhance to
- ONE bird?

Did you already installed the 1.1a and 1.2 patch for IL2?

If not then install them and see if the FW190 is more to your taste.

As for Maddox games not making any more patches for the original IL2, Oleg made a statement that as soon as FB was released they are not going to focus any more attention to IL2 but only work on patches for FB.

<center> http://www.322squadron.com/images/322.gif </center>

XyZspineZyX
07-16-2003, 03:19 PM
jurinko wrote:
- forgett that trottel ("shakira")
-
- in original IL-2, when turning or doing loop with
- Fw, use take-off flaps for that moment. greatly
- increases the turn ability and stability also. and
- be sure u applied all the patches for il2 available
- up to V1.2. One of them fixed the climbrate and
- speed of Fws up.
-

oh yes, I nearly forgot the good old IL2 190s <eyes glancing> /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

the A8 has an bug, it is very slow without MW50 boost. So use the boost to max. If your engine is overheated, you can open the radiators (cooling) WITH MW50 on. Not the best tactic but an option.

use the plane to your advantage!
it has good acceleration (with MW50) and it can lose speed like hell in turns. Use this to get rid of La and Yak or let them crash by doing an inverted halfloop low over ground.

and train gunnery, you have to take any chance!

quiet_man

I'm quiet_man, but if I post I post quiet much /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

quiet_man

XyZspineZyX
07-16-2003, 09:30 PM
Zip file got a password, please fix /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
07-16-2003, 10:15 PM
vaaay belechem baba naber nası gidio almanya hayatı?

XyZspineZyX
07-17-2003, 07:45 AM
@RakGuitarMen

Can you please tell it in English or German?
Latin is OK, too!
I got a turkish name, but i am not.
Greets

XyZspineZyX
07-17-2003, 07:48 AM
@Qiet_Man
Many Thanks for this Tips, i`ll try it!
But this will function only with nose down, huh?
Otherwise i loose too much speed.

XyZspineZyX
07-17-2003, 01:07 PM
Belechem wrote:
- @Qiet_Man
- Many Thanks for this Tips, i`ll try it!
- But this will function only with nose down, huh?
- Otherwise i loose too much speed.
-
-

yeep, MW50 and nose slightly below horizon to accel, even if your very low!

if your low and a enemy fighter behind you, the only thing you can do with the 190 is throtle back, flaps out and negative halfloop. if your very low don't do it 90 degrees, to point is to make a very tight turn close to earth (without crashing).

when the nose comes up do a short climb (~20m), then nose very slightly below horizon and MW50 until you have some speed and climb again, you need to get enough high before the enemy is on your tail again.

when you train this offline until you get a feeling how to do it on different hights and speeds, then no La or Yak is able to follow you /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

thats on thing I realy miss in FB /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

quiet_man

XyZspineZyX
07-17-2003, 01:59 PM
Ok, let me see if i got it right:

- throttle back at~10% ?
- flaps out (full?)
- nose down to earth(neg. halfloop)
- not too low, ok
- a short climb
- nose slight down, flaps in and mw50
- climb again

rightee?

XyZspineZyX
07-17-2003, 02:02 PM
No in fact the FW190 is a copy of the famous IL42 of Soviet Airspace Offices
All the german planes have be invented by Russian ..
The ME109 is an invention of NKVD special services ..

It's a Devil's Schedule of Russian hoping a German attack with Bad airplanes .. and history agree with .. see Berlin 45 ..

It's a fact Sirs HISTORY give conclusions SOOOOOOOOO...

now... finish Speaking Poor Luft Whinners ... fly Soviet or stay on the Ground ..

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

http://ibelgique.ifrance.com/jabo/FWREDNUAGE.jpg

Cdt Groupe Jabo http://membres.lycos.fr/jabos/STARTT.HTM

XyZspineZyX
07-17-2003, 02:41 PM
The a5 was the best fw in orig. il2 final version imo.

XyZspineZyX
07-17-2003, 03:22 PM
@JaboWalter
Psyllo mushrooms have a bad effect on human brains.

http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Message Edited on 07/18/0308:57AM by Belechem

XyZspineZyX
07-17-2003, 09:33 PM
Belechem wrote:
- @JaboWalter
- Psyllo mushrooms have a bad effect on human brains.
-

show pation with the poore guys that are reading this forum for to long!

many of them are no more able to make any serious commend regarding performance of LW airplanes. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

WalterMitty is right, in the original IL2 the a5 is the best 190, the a8 is modelled with very heavy armor, but the damage modell does not show the armor, so you have only the weight! Then the engine bug, that makes you slow without MW50 and also you never realy need the additional firepower of the a8.

the only point flying the a8 (compared to a5) is the big fun when you make a kill with the MK108 /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

once I was just trying the a8 on DF servers (without much success, but still fun) when someone tought it would be also fun to fly a P-8
against the 109 a P-8 is deadly (one hit in engine and out), but against a a8, bad luck /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
I was flying high when I saw the P-8, I did a dive and attacked from right slightly above,
pulling out of the dive I opened fire with all guns (2*30, 2*20, 2*13)at his right wingtip and let the gunsight wander along the hole wing to the left wingtip. I couldn't see what happend (was below my engine) but the other pilots on the server where impressed about the firework /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

quiet_man

ZG77_Nagual
07-18-2003, 01:54 AM
Sure am looking forward to that patch /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

http://pws.chartermi.net/~cmorey/pics/p47janes.jpg

XyZspineZyX
07-18-2003, 09:53 AM
I want thank you all for your Tips and
the experience you share with me!

XyZspineZyX
07-18-2003, 11:37 AM
if u like fw's get IL2 FB the D9 kicks but imo its faster turns better and dosnt stall as easy

XyZspineZyX
07-18-2003, 02:49 PM
and currently the Dora's 20mm fire power is very lacking making it a difficult plane to kill in but fun to fly.

To be rectified in the patch, so we hear (-:

XyZspineZyX
07-19-2003, 12:48 AM
Belechem wrote:

In many sources, even from US/GB it is said that the
- FW190
- was one of the best fighters worldwide `til the
- Mustang and
- Spitfire Vb came out... but why it tries everytime i
- try to make a bow to stall and flutter? In many Il-2
- Forums here in germany we dicussed this lack of
- performance, and it was a clear conclusion (of
- nearly all forum-members) that the flightmodel seems
- too weak.

Sorry to break this to you Belechem, but I play IL2 and agree the 190 is under modeled. Even after patching it with 1.1 and 1.2 it still climbs like a dog and stalls easy. No match for russian fighters. You will have to get FB and patch it when it comes out to get a real 190

http://www.migman.com/about/pics/MiG-15.jpg

<center>http://www.bloggerheads.com/mash_quiz/images/mash_henry_blake.jpg (http://www.bloggerheads.com/mash_quiz/)</center>