PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion : Showmatch MMDoCRu VS MoMCards

ilthian
08-21-2015, 10:11 PM
Hi guys,

There are two big communities still active on DoC : MMDoCRu for the "russians" people, and MoMCards for the "french" people.

I'm member of MoMCards myself, and i think it would be great to see some team matches between us.

We're kind of split and till then, we were not doing any joint events, even though we sometimes see you coming over on our tournaments (and win them by the way :rolleyes:)
You might be better than us in our own tournaments, but the reason is we're letting you win for pure courtesy ;)

Let's settle this once and for all in the arena !

So people of MMDoCRu and people of MoMCards, let me know in this post if you like this idea and if you want a team showmatch of our two communities !

NAON3D
08-22-2015, 02:18 PM
It's a great idea, I'm interessted. We have just to find a format when we will know how many player want it.

ilthian
08-28-2015, 01:04 PM
Hello,

So it seems like some people are interested for this tournament. We put some thought in it and here's the rules I'm suggesting :

1) Team match. FRANCE VS RUSSIA.
6 players per team (including 1 captain).

2) Special rule : 1 faction per player.
For each team, players will have to choose different factions. Players won't be allowed to play factions other than the one they chose.

3) Every player of team A will play against every player of team B. They have to decide beforehand which heroes they will play against which faction !
Example :
Sonoja INFERNO
VS Haven : Ignatius
VS Sanctuary : Kal Azaar
VS Inferno : Dhamiria
VS Necropolis : Jezzebeth
VS Academy : Garant
VS Stronghold : Kyril

4) Every match will be made of BO3. Players will be allowed to change their deck before and during the BO3, as long as their chosen hero remains the same. No side-decking limitation.
Total number of games : 6*6=36 games (BO3)

5) The winning team will be the team that won the most games out of the 36 played.

These are the rules I'm suggesting. Some points are still left in the dark, though :

- When will this tournament be held ? (Maybe on 3 weeks, 12 games per week).
- Will their be any prize for the winners ? (I suggest seals + special in-game banner for the winning team)
- What about the streams ? (It would be a shame if a tournament of that size wasn't streamed. Maybe we could show all the games of the week every sunday or so on both Fr and Ru streams, or maybe have a mixed english stream)

France got their team ready. We're waiting for Russia's.

Waiting for your feedback guys !

R3ZZ_
08-28-2015, 01:29 PM
Good Idea!!!

Russian team have a lot of players, who want to participate in it.
So we will determine team, closer to tournament, from the players who will be available at that time.
At the moment I can approve, that Xevaloo will be captain of MMDoCRU team, and I will help him in organization questions.

- When will this tournament be held ? (Maybe on 3 weeks, 12 games per week).
(3 weeks, 12 games per week) - Nice rate.

I guess we should start it in early October. I its nice time, because:
1) The players-students are able to finish the purposes of september, including relocation to campus and other organization problems.
2) The season of holidays also will be finished at this point.
3) I hope that semptemver patch also add some balance corrections. And it will better to start after it.

zenithale
08-28-2015, 04:29 PM
I hope that semptemver patch also add some balance corrections. And it will better to start after it.
September patch? There is still no announcement about the date, if I am not wrong. What's your source?

R3ZZ_
08-28-2015, 05:49 PM
September patch? There is still no announcement about the date, if I am not wrong. What's your source?

Mid September 2015

The iPad version will be closed and players will no longer be able to connect to the servers.

They will delete ipad version in middle of September. There aren't any reasons to do it, before a patch.
I'm not sure about new expansion, but a patch defenitely will appear.

malkorion
08-29-2015, 12:51 PM
Aahhahaa. No-sideboarding limitation means that you can completely change your deck before and after the 1st game to throw your opponent a really nasty curveball.

LordKielbas
08-29-2015, 01:15 PM
I hope this will happen!

I watched the momcards tournament with pleasure, some decks really surprised me. And later on, there are replays on their site to pay attention to. Good stuff

ilthian
08-31-2015, 12:57 PM
Some piece of info to keep you guys waiting.
We agreed on the players, they are :

HAVEN R3zz Sonoja
INFERNO EvgenKosenko CdV_Nesblog
STRONGHOLD Sergus_vi Foxlcear
NECROPOLIS Light_art Ogrimmar--moi
SANCTUARY Knighty_salt Elgerine
ACADEMY Xevaloo Po2i

Don't expect it to start soon though, probably not until October, maybe later.

@Malorion : Yes that's the point !

@LordKielbas : Thanks, we try to provide the best content for our viewers. But the whole credit goes to the players ^^

Sea_Helios
09-01-2015, 12:19 PM
And what if we join other countrys?
Brazil as lots of good players also... we could make some kind of a world championship :)

ilthian
09-02-2015, 12:44 PM
Nice idea, Sea_Helios,

To be completely honest, it all started from a joke that russians were winning all MoMCards tournaments :)

This is already something quite huge i think to organize and going up one level to the world could be considered, but requires a lot of work I'm not completely willing to do.
Also, I don't know players from other communities.

If you have some ideas and agree to participate in the organisation or find someone willing to, I see no objection to it though ;)

Knighty-Salt
09-02-2015, 02:39 PM
SANCTUARY Knighty_salt Elgerine

If it meaning, my nickname with "-", not "_"

foxclear
10-04-2015, 02:05 PM
Some news to it, like a date, maybe ?

Or wait until be the new extension ? (could be in a year, though ...)