PDA

View Full Version : Sluggish Steering - Gamepad Settings

Cr3ditor
08-20-2015, 07:56 PM
I'm using a gamepad (XBox 360) for The Crew on PC in Hardcore mode.
I noticed that the steering is very slow and sluggish. For example, if I turn the stick completely left and right, the wheels move very slowly from one side to another.
The faster I drive, the worse it gets.:mad:

This behavior is very annoying, when you want to turn over on small place or maneuver around the traffic. Sometimes it takes sooo much time to steer...
Also it is very difficult at high speed to avoid traffic cars, or drive through long drawn turns.

Has anyone noticed this behavior, too? Or can someone who also uses a gamepad tell me, which settings are the best?
I tried a lot, but didn't get used to this handling...:confused:

ArcticGamez
08-20-2015, 09:35 PM
i notice this only when i have vsync turned on and its very bad in raid and dirt cars where they are lifted up higher then street/perf/circuit and im using a xbox one controller

Cr3ditor
08-21-2015, 07:18 PM
Okay, thanks. I will try that out. Maybe this helps

mamasan78
08-22-2015, 04:02 AM
I never use Vsync and the times I've tried a gamepad, I had the same issue. I can turn 10 times faster with a wheel. Takes like 5 seconds to turn fully from left to right. Way too slow. Should be 5 times faster, at least.

Cr3ditor
08-22-2015, 07:28 AM
So this issue only happens with using a gamepad??
I don't like gaming with a wheel or with keyboard, so this is my only possibility.
Maybe Ubisoft don't want us to play with a gamepad, because you can't even do manual shifting with gamepad, that's a pity.

Cr3ditor
08-22-2015, 07:14 PM
Okay, now I have solved this problem by experimenting with the steering options. This are my settings:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-1A7I1sHzf5g/Vdi7ciOEVVI/AAAAAAAAAUA/SS2-rnqgd6c/w426-h240/DSC_0013.JPG
Steering sensitivity is now at maximum, the steering is now a lot faster.