PDA

View Full Version : PC Crashes Check Here First!

Ubi-Kay
08-20-2015, 07:03 PM
Hello everyone,

If you are experiencing crashing on the PC version of Zombi, we advise that you try following the steps below:

1. Run the game as an administrator:

a. Navigate to the game installation directory:
(Default Uplay: C:/Program Files(x86)/Ubisoft/Ubisoft Game Launcher/games/Zombi)
(Default Steam: C:/Program Files(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/zombi/)
b. Right click Zombi.exe
c. Select “Properties”
d. Click the “Compatibility” tab.
e. Tick “Run this program as administrator”

2. Verify Files (Uplay):

a. In the Uplay client, click on Games.
b. Click on the game you wish to verify the files for.
c. Click on the down arrow to the right of Play and choose Verify files from the list.
d. Uplay will then begin the process of checking your files.
e. When the process is complete, you will be presented with the results of the scan and tell you whether or not files need to be redownloaded or not.

3. Verify Files (Steam):

a. In the Steam client click Library.
b. Right click Zombi in your games list.
c. Select “Properties”
d. Select “Local Files”
e. Click “Verify Integrity of Game Cache…”
f. Steam will then check and download any needed files.

4. Disable SLI (Nvidia):

a. Open the Nvidia Control Panel.
b. Under the 3D Settings menu.
c. Click “Set SLI Configuration”
d. Ensure “Do Not Use SLI Technology" is ticked.

5. Disable Crossfire (AMD):

a. Open Catalyst Control Center.
b. Select the “Crossfire” option.
c. Untick the “Enable Crossfire” option”

6. Disable Uplay overlay:

a. Open Uplay PC.
b. Select the cog icon in the top right.
c. Access “Settings”
d. In the “General” tab, untick “Enable in-game overlay for supported games.”

7. Disable Steam overlay:

a. Open Steam.
b. Click “Steam” in the top left.
c. Select “Settings”
d. In the “In-Game” tab untick “Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game”

8. Lowering in-game resolution:

a. In the in-game options menu please try lowering the resolution.

If these steps fail to resolve the issue, please submit a question through the support site (https://support.ubi.com). When doing so, please provide the list of troubleshooting steps you have tried so far, include a dxdiag and msinfo file and describe in as much detail as you can when this crash is occurring. For issues that occur in a specific place or at a specific time, you may also wish to provide your save file.

1. DxDiag:

a. Hold down the Windows key on the keyboard and press "R".
b. Type "dxdiag" and click OK.
c. Click the Save All Information button at the bottom.
d. Save the file to your Desktop with the name "dxdiag.txt".

2. MSinfo:

a. Hold down the Windows key on the keyboard and press "R".
b. Type MSINFO32
c. Click OK.
d. Click File > then Export to save the file locally on your system.

3. Where to find your save file:

a. Uplay Default location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\<USERID>\1653

b. Steam Default location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\<USERID>\2252

4. How to create a support ticket:

a. Go to https://support.ubi.com
b. Login with your Uplay account
c. Select "My Questions"
d. Click "Ask A Question"
e. Fill out the webform, attach your dxdiag and msinfo report and click "Submit"
f. Click "Submit Question" to create your ticket.

This post has been left open so if any of the above steps helped you, or you would like to suggest an additional step, please post below.

UbiChrisMANG
08-20-2015, 07:30 PM
In addition to this I found an old Discussion on Steam where quite a few were having the same issue. There are various solutions in the Discussion that solved it for some. None of the solutions work for everyone, but quite a few people reported success.

The steps above posted by Ubi-Kay would be the first things to try but if none of it works you might find a solution here:

http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/864975249548331311/

RatchetLombax19
08-21-2015, 02:29 AM
Can i inform of a crash?

Today after playing the game in a different computer, since this one makes my computer reset after the splash screens (Sent a support ticket), i made it to the Buckingham Palace entrance and picked up a "Fixed Turret Ammo". I go to the turret, and when i press R to reload it, the game's camera goes outside of the map, over to look at some containers, seconds later, the game crashes. Please look into that soon! :)

Gravelmead
08-21-2015, 07:29 AM
. Run the game as an administrator:

a. Right click the game shortcut.
b. Select “Properties”
c. Click the “Compatibility” tab.
d. Tick “Run this program as administrator”

This does not work with my shortcut created by Uplay

Ubi-Kay
08-21-2015, 03:51 PM
This does not work with my shortcut created by Uplay

Updated! Thanks.

Wozza_123
08-21-2015, 04:41 PM
2. Verify Files (Uplay):
a. In the Uplay client, click on Games.
b. Click on the game you wish to verify the files for.
c. Click on the down arrow to the right of Play and choose Verify files from the list.

When I select the down arrow there is no Verify Files option, only Uninstall and Game Properties.

Ubi-Kay
08-21-2015, 05:04 PM
When I select the down arrow there is no Verify Files option, only Uninstall and Game Properties.

Did you purchase the game through Steam? If so, your verify files option can be found under step 3.

Wozza_123
08-21-2015, 05:27 PM
Did you purchase the game through Steam? If so, your verify files option can be found under step 3.

Thanks I should have read it properly the first time.

When I submit my ticket the web thingy will only allow me to upload one file so I did my Dxdiag one. When I tried to submit the msinfo32 one it just replaced one with the other. Is that OK?

Toxic-The-Dane
08-29-2015, 09:43 AM
I have tried the aboved guide with no luck :(

Ubisoft how can you release a game with so many bugs and the biggest of them all, that the game crashes to the desktop, when you try to access the area where your last character died ?

Try and go the Steam forum and check how many people, who have this problem!

When are you planning to release a patch to fix these problems ???

Next time time, try and spent at least 1 hour of beta testing, before releasing a game.

Ubi-Kay
08-29-2015, 04:52 PM
Hi Toxic008, I see you have created a support ticket, could you please attach your dxdiag and msinfo to help in our investigation of this issue.

Toxic-The-Dane
08-30-2015, 02:30 PM
Hi Toxic008, I see you have created a support ticket, could you please attach your dxdiag and msinfo to help in our investigation of this issue.

I have updated my ticket with DX and MS info.

Renaldiez
09-02-2015, 04:47 PM
ZBR: "Zero Bugs Regressed"
This is a term used in the test process in which all minor bugs/crashes that have been submitted into the title/projects database have been regressed/double checked for "fix clarification." This is how we double check to see if bugs/crashes still occur in game before release.

Ubisoft, this is seriously terrible.

I'm 30 min into game(Zombi PC) and crash?
Didn't this game come out like 3 years ago?
I am a video game tester, and this is very unacceptable.

Do you not know how to port your own games?
Oh so you just decide to rush it out because that's what everyone else does right?
Lazy, lazy, lazy...

Hey here is $20, thanks for the great times crashing my pc all day wondering if my computer is going to explode.
WELL worth the slave hours I worked to purchase this crash.

Good luck in your future endeavors to making profit.

We all remember how bad the last Assassins Creed release was.
You had 3 years to port Zombi, and 30 min into game I can't even play.
WOW.

Just WOW.

OH, and PS.
This is the stupid work around crash.
Why the HECK am I having to per "REPRO STEPS" for a "RELEASED" title!
Like I said, I test video games for a living.

I will complain if you take this post down, I have not cursed or used any obscene language.
I have my rights.

UbiChrisMANG
09-03-2015, 09:14 PM
Of course we aren't going to delete your post! If you follow the rules your post remains. Feedback and information on people's experiences are very important to us, we need to know what's going on as much as you need to voice your concerns, complaints, comments or just simply discuss games.

Being your first post you likely haven't been caught up on the crash situation people are having, but you DID post here in a thread meant to address crash isues while the dev team looks into it so I assume you at least know we are on the case.

The WiiU version of the game has been out for 3 years. ZombiU was not intended to be on any other platform until later feedback from gamers told us that people who did not own a WiiU wanted the game as well. We were not actively working on the port for 3 years. As a game tester you should well know that the WiiU infrastructure is different than a PC's. Porting between them is not as simple as writing 3 lines of code to make the game talk to a PC setup. A whole lot goes into making a game work for PC, an entire team for months.

Of course we test our games, ports and all. If we had found as many issues as are being reported we would have delayed the release. One issue here is that we do most of our testing on the supported specs for titles. Some having crash issues are playing at supported specs, its true. However a majority of gamers reporting crashes for Zombi are playing it on a Windows 10 machine or with dual video card setups, neither of which is supported by the game. For some with these setups the game may work just fine, but playing a game outside of it's specs often presents many unforseen problems, you take a risk if you play outside of supported specs.

By the way, what is your setup?

The boggled AC release was something we not only owned up to but tried hard to correct and make up for. The game runs amazing these days, we never gave up on it. We also offered free current (at the time) AAA games (Far Cry 4, The Crew, etc) for the gamer's troubles and free DLC to boot. We do hope that was an acceptable peace pipe but at least let it serve to show you that we do try hard to take care of problems. We are trying with Zombi too and I promise you we won't just let it rot like a stinking zombie.

While we look into these crashes we have provided you with this thread because some workarounds actually are working for people, so at least we can get some up and playing while we investigate. Stay tuned to the forum for any updates, if I hear anything I will let everyone know.

Newdrax89
09-30-2015, 09:51 PM
is there somekind of news regarding potencial update?? I am very interested in getting this title on steam/uplay but with all the ccrashing issues i read about and the fact that i am on Win10 kinda worries me :-(

Ritzycanine
12-31-2015, 02:27 AM
I verified the steam files and the uplay files. I also tried running it as an administrator but still "stops working" before the game even starts at all. I also tried running it in both online and offline mode on Steam and Uplay. If there is anything that I can change in the actual game files to fix this, please tell me

Beast.Of.War
01-06-2018, 11:12 PM
My game crashes after I recover the book for the Junior Doctor. The secret passage opens, and I go thru, heading for that backpack you could see earlier. When I enter that room, the ghoul inside wakes up (I think it's a Beefeater, but don't have time to really see), and before it can rise up all the way the game freezes and crashes. I've done nothing special to NVidia, and have just confirmed files thru Steam. I'll also try the "run as Admin" function. After that, I guess I'll try help ticket, not that that will do anything.

EDIT: As stated, I verified files, switched to Admin, and in-game, I immediately backed out when the Beefeater activated. Not sure which of those, if any, helped; but the game didn't crash.

UbiChrisMANG
01-09-2018, 09:11 PM
EDIT: As stated, I verified files, switched to Admin, and in-game, I immediately backed out when the Beefeater activated. Not sure which of those, if any, helped; but the game didn't crash.

We're glad you were able to get past the crash! If it reoccurs or you have other technical issues you can't get past in the future you can hit up our Support team for help here:

If you would like to submit a Support Ticket for help you can do so here:
https://support.ubi.com

You can also reach out to our Facebook and Twitter Support pages here:
https://www.facebook.com/UbisoftSupport/
https://twitter.com/UbisoftSupport

JackPwriter
04-20-2020, 06:36 AM
Thankful to you for sharing helpful steps of Zombi. You explained all steps really well. I am sure it will helpful many peoples.
Jack Ponting, Dissertation editor. http://www.qualitydissertation.co.uk/dissertation-editing-services/

EmilyBrwriter
05-29-2020, 06:07 AM
If any college student need dissertation editing service from the professionals then you should once take service from the Dissertation Help UK, which have team of professional writers who are serving best dissertation editing help http://www.dissertationhelp.uk/dissertation-editing/ according to students requirements.