PDA

View Full Version : How to install AC3 DLC "Tyranny of King Washington"

VoldR
08-19-2015, 10:38 PM
I got the collectors edition of the game on launch... Uplay says I got the DLC forgot if I bought it or had it in the edition... Because I didn't bother to play it till now...

I've patched the game up all the way and still the game won't work says needs to be installed... But problem is, there's no install or download button for it.

Only solutions I found online are installing using pirated download but using the original key...

I'm hoping there's a more official way of doing this.

Is there one?

Thanks for any help possible. :)

Locopells
08-20-2015, 12:38 AM
Go the ACIII in Uplay. On the left there should be a button for DLC. Click that and scroll down to the ToKW episodes, and it should give you an option to download them again. If it doesn't contact support (click my sig), they ought to know where to look.

VoldR
08-20-2015, 01:12 AM
All i see there is "Owned" & copy code to clipboard.

which I did and activated the key, just can't install it.
Also I've send to support and will be waiting for any response. :)

Locopells
08-20-2015, 02:02 AM
Huh. Now that I think about it, I remember there was a problem with ToKW, thanks to an update of Uplay that happened between the first and second episode releases - I have a feeling that this might be related...

Anykeyer
08-20-2015, 09:44 AM
You have to reinstall from Uplay. AC3 was moved to the new format and now there are no separate installers. Move your AC3 folder, uninstall it, put back moved folder. Click "download" in Uplay and use the same folder. Uplay with scan it and download all missing files including owned DLCs. In future simply press "download" in Uplay, dont use discs.

Locopells
08-20-2015, 11:21 AM
Thanks Any, haven't had to do that for a while!

VoldR
09-06-2015, 10:04 AM
Hi, thanks for ur replies.

I tried doing that way but rather then just downloading what was missing, it was trying to download the whole game...
I can't wait for 20+ GB to dl,

anyway I asked at Ubi support and got a reply, to where I can download the DLC separately...

:)

Sicarii73
01-30-2017, 10:42 AM
You have to reinstall from Uplay. AC3 was moved to the new format and now there are no separate installers. Move your AC3 folder, uninstall it, put back moved folder. Click "download" in Uplay and use the same folder. Uplay with scan it and download all missing files including owned DLCs. In future simply press "download" in Uplay, dont use discs. Do you have a video showing us how to do it?

strigoi1958
01-30-2017, 01:23 PM
@Maalot76 can you give more information?
Did you buy a gold edition and the DLC has not shown up?
did you buy the game and then bought the DLC separately? If yes, did you buy both on uplay or steam? because dlc from one will not work with a game on the other one.