PDA

View Full Version : Rename this game Epic fail and shut it down.

MIGHTY318809
08-19-2015, 12:15 AM
title says enough for me.

Flamedog72
08-19-2015, 06:03 AM
that would require more work then they are willing to put in

IMBIGNSCAREY
08-19-2015, 06:23 PM
that would require more work then they are willing to put in

This made me chuckle, thanks. :D

IreneFong
08-20-2015, 04:37 AM
Technically it is true. :D

Change the trade mark, update investors, rename database, a lot of unnecessary work.

x-BlackKnight-x
08-22-2015, 08:07 AM
I call for another community quote of concurrence.
Oh wait, there is no community now.

Shut the game down, UbiSoft.

WorldWWilliam
08-22-2015, 07:47 PM
I personally would recommend trying to go to higher ups at ubisoft to get the game shutdown, I tried got in contact with a few people but they just redirect me back here but it's pointless complaining on the MQEL forums because it goes directly to the MQEL team you need to go above there head somehow.

QuadraticAdam
08-22-2015, 10:05 PM
It still amazes/amuses me that people come here to hate on a game instead of just moving on with their lives.

Seriously? You've got nothing better to do than spew vitriol?

Rezna-
08-23-2015, 03:32 PM
Keep the game going. Give us a new team with fresh eyes. Lets see MQ become something better by 2099 =)

WorldWWilliam
08-24-2015, 11:49 AM
It still amazes/amuses me that people come here to hate on a game instead of just moving on with their lives.

Seriously? You've got nothing better to do than spew vitriol?Considering a lot of people who play this game leave pissed off and hate it. Which the game is intentionally designed to make players leave pissed and full of hatred. (Game frustrates people for money, And people who don't pay leave frustrated) I don't blame the players for the vitriol.

But like Rezna said, "Keep the game going. Give us a new team with fresh eyes. Lets see MQ become something better by 2099"
People don't want to sit around until 2099 and hope things get better by then, So the frustrated players want the game to shutdown (which is fair enough since the game is intentionally frustrating players to milk money from them) and other players want the game to get better before 2099 so they want the the game to legitimately threatened to be closed down to either force the team to make the game good quick which is better for everyone OR they game will get shutdown (Because of the proven incompetent development team) which is fine by a lot of people.

So you may want to game to stay alive the way it is and sorry you feel that way but the majority of players who have played this game want change or it to be closed down.

XaeroTheHero
08-24-2015, 02:58 PM

Seriously? You've got nothing better to do than spew vitriol?

Williams only joy and occupation in this life is to hang around here, not playing the game and spew hate on the forum, regards to a game that he doesn't even play.

Aguton
08-24-2015, 04:14 PM
While you are welcome to voice you thoughts about the game, please do not turn this into personal attacks between players.

x-BlackKnight-x
08-25-2015, 02:40 AM
While you are welcome to voice you thoughts about the game, please do not turn this into personal attacks between players.

Great, I appreciate the consideration, and thanks for the exceptional advice.

So, here are the results.

I "tested" the game again yesterday running around 40 castles, and it is the same piece of garbage it was over two months ago.
No improvements, no changes.
In fact really, its not a whole lot different since the final overall batch of screw ups which somewhat came to a climax after "Item Stat 2.0" in December 2014.
None of the things that were implemented were anywhere near what the community wanted, hence now there is no community.
There really is only so many times someone can "%$#% down a person's back and tell them it's raining".
Most people ran out of patience, months or even years ago.
This is after watching the development of the game for over 2+ years, which I am more qualified than most to do based on experience.

The development team is non-existent now with no creative director, so why does UbiSoft not just let the consumers be aware the game is already dead?
Seems like the honest thing to do in my opinion, so why hide the truth?
This is my question back to the single remaining community manager (again).

Another simple question for you as well, which is certainly not offending.
When do they plan to move you to a new position within the UbiSoft giant wheel?
Seems like a waste of money to have a community manager that is supporting a game with no community.

What is my responsible role in all this now?
I let people know the real truth, within the limited time I have available to do so.
I keep people from wasting time and money.

Rezna-
08-25-2015, 04:19 AM
I logged in today like many days, collected my mines checked my replays and logged out.

Why? Because I've seen everything there is to see in the game and that was about 2 years ago. Since that time there has been multiple changes, not just to the gameplay but to the overall game flow that it started out with.

But nothing has really changed with the game, all of the up's and down's and really it's still the same concept. Defend your Castle from would-be freeloaders. And that is what keeps drawing in new players, the concept of the game is strong and something unique on the market.

It doesn't matter how long it takes to make the game be complete or if it has to change hands to a new "owner". Shutting it down in any way would be a mistake and detrimental to the community that has stood by the game for so long. We haven't been hanging around because the game is so awesome to play, we've withstood the changes and constant flux because we know that MQ has great potential.

No one that's been here longer than a year plays the game for an experience. They maintain their status in their guild, in the leaderboards, or in the community as a whole. There's nothing to the game right now that makes anyone stick around. Our loyalty is to the concept not the changes that have or have not been made as "promised".

As many people that speak up and say they want to see the game crash and burn there are those of us that would see it soar to reach it's full potential.... MQ team and Ubisoft please listen to those that actually care about the game. =)

Eener101
08-25-2015, 06:18 AM
Why? Because I've seen everything there is to see in the game and that was about 2 years ago. Since that time there has been multiple changes, not just to the gameplay but to the overall game flow that it started out with.

But nothing has really changed with the game, all of the up's and down's and really it's still the same concept. Defend your Castle from would-be freeloaders. And that is what keeps drawing in new players, the concept of the game is strong and something unique on the market.

As many people that speak up and say they want to see the game crash and burn there are those of us that would see it soar to reach it's full potential.... MQ team and Ubisoft please listen to those that actually care about the game. =)

Strongly. Disagree.

The game looks the same as the start, the game sounds the same as the start and on the surface the game might seem the same. However it is not. The changes to the dynamics and mechanics of this game have changed so much and as a result it is such a different experience from the early beta that it might as well be an entirly different game. And not the game I initial fell in love with. And they are continually pushing it more and more away from that.

I have a very good idea of what changes this game needs to be relevant againt and good and I also see that it is very much a bigger effort then anyone is willing to invest in it. So this game will continue to probably limp on never getting truly fixed while suckering in new people. The devs of this game have treated their audience horrible. No other way to describe it.I am all for giving people a chance but how many blown chances do you give someone?

xXazZzaXx
08-26-2015, 10:13 PM
http://g3ar.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Game-Over.jpg

x-BlackKnight-x
08-27-2015, 03:47 AM
http://i.imgur.com/zAJvW5D.gif

SiewcaZgryzoty
08-27-2015, 10:30 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/cheering_minions.gif

WorldWWilliam
08-27-2015, 11:48 PM
@Aguton Thanks for defending me even though I'm criticizing your employers/team :)

And both of those people should want to game the be threatened with death.

People who want it to crash and burn it want it to be dead so that's obvious, The people who want the game to reach it's full potential should want the threat of the game dying to be real because nothing else has worked and the threat of the game dying might force the Ubisoft to fire the proven incompetent MQEL team to get a good team working on the game to make it an actual good game.