PDA

View Full Version : Misleading game disc packaging [Retail Version][PS4]

Elektr0ns
08-18-2015, 02:15 AM
My updated post on Signal's forums (http://www.signalstudios.net/forums/showthread.php?10303-Misleading-packaging-of-advertised-product-regarding-Toy-Soldiers-War-Chest-Hall-of-Fame-Edition). Be sure to track information from both forums!

TL: DR - My main issue at this point as follows:

Why are DLC standards for this retail version different from the digital version?
Why is the DLC voucher only for one account for a split screen enabled game?
Why is it not on the disc as advertised?

I've sent this issue to support and didn't get a valid response save a copy and paste one. I would like to request a supervisor to assist in this matter please.

What I sent:
Misleading game disc packaging [Retail Version][PS4] - Flagged as General/Feedback

Elektr0ns1/22/2016 7:38:54 PMThe ticket issue is titled as Misleading game disc packaging [Retail Version][PS4] *****DATED 8/17/2015*****

I have a concern regarding my recent purchase of an UBISOFT game named ToySoldiers War Chest Hall of Fame Edition. I looked at the game case for data regarding any DLC needed to be downloaded. I found nothing stating such. I open the game and see that the game disc and cover lists being as the Hall of Fame edition. I loaded the game up on the PS4 and found half of my content is missing. I rechecked my game case and found an insert behind the health warning leaflet. Odd a code is needed for a game depicting all of the heroes on the cover and game disc? So now I have to redeem a code to complete my game that I purchased at full retail value only to find out that this code works for a single PSN account. Split screen players do not have access nor do any other accounts on the same PS4.
I am very troubled by this and feel I was falsely advertised an incomplete product. Do the digital consumers have this same problem? If I had purchased this from PSN store would that content be limited to a single account as well? If not why are retail consumers being limited by this practice?

Since this is now an opened copy of the game I can not return it to purchase the digital version (under the assumption the DLC is not limited in any way on that version). I would like to report as well my current content randomly disappears in game as not being purchased.

Bouncing my ticket around agent to agent without reading ANY of the notes at all does not count as resolving my problem at all. If someone really read this please reply in the ticket I like pie in the header of the reply. I firmly request a resolution to my problem or I will be forced file a official complaint to the BBB (Better Business Bureau) for assistance in resolving this. How am I to get a refund for something that was from August of last YEAR!? I was informed at one point that the developers are looking into this.

Chad1/22/2016 6:59:03 PMGreetings! My name is Chad and your ticket was escalated to me for further assistance and I am glad to help.

​The DLC content for Toy Soldiers: War Chest will be available to those who are logged in on the account that was originally used to purchase the content. Due to the permissions system involved, it is not possible to access it on a sub-account.

I do apologize for any inconvenience. If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to let me know.

Elektr0ns1/22/2016 1:21:11 PMThis ticket is still pending and should not be closed.

Elektr0ns1/21/2016 7:18:24 PMStill no update?

Elektr0ns12/27/2015 11:08:12 PMHow does network settings have anything to do with DLC issues? Did the last agent Jenna review this ticket at all? Where does this issue stand with the publisher and developers? False advertising and no way to refund for defective product.

Jenna12/24/2015 7:45:11 PMHello,

We greatly appreciate you reporting this issue.

Let's start by testing your network connection with the following steps:

1. Start the PS4 console.
2. Open the [Settings] menu.
3. Select [Network].
4. Select [Test Internet Connection].

If this test shows your connection as NAT type 3 then you most likely have some sort of interference within your connection to the online servers.

Note: You can visit the Sony PS4 manual website for additional details regarding the connection test:
http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/settings/nw_test.html

There are three possible NAT types:

- Open NAT (Green) has no restrictions and will be able to connect with any other players.
- Moderate NAT (Orange) will have some restrictions and will be unable to communicate or play with users with a strict NAT.
- Strict NAT (Red) may not be able to join or communicate in certain game sessions. Average matchmaking wait times will be affected.

If your NAT type is moderate or strict, please try the steps below:

1. Restart your network hardware. Turn off your PS4, modem and router and wait 15 - 30 seconds.
2. Fully power up your modem.
3. Fully power up your router.
4. Turn on your PS4 and test the network connection again.

If you still have trouble then you may have a firewall interfering with your connection. Please configure the following network ports and enable UPnP through your router.

PlayStation Network Required Ports
UDP: 3478, 3479, 3658, 4646
TCP: 80, 443, 1935, 3478, 3479, 3480

If this does not solve your problem, try placing your PlayStation 4 in the DMZ of the router or establishing a direct connection to your modem and retry.

Elektr0ns10/19/2015 2:32:33 PMI am still awaiting information on how this issue will be resolved.

Elektr0ns9/24/2015 2:49:38 PMI am requesting a formal explanation from this development team please.

Elektr0ns9/18/2015 6:01:19 PMThere is no reason to close this since the issue still is being "forwarded to the development team." I would like an official response from this team please.

Matthew9/13/2015 7:06:02 PMThank you for your patience with this issue.

With regards to how the game was presented with the DLC content for the extra characters, I am sorry if there was any confusion about the need to download the content. The developers for the game had decided that it would be packaged with an access code for the extra characters. This has been noted as a complaint, and forwarded to the development team.

In regards to the issue that you are seeing with the DLC online, we were unable to find any particular information in regards to the Toy Soldiers: War Chest content within the Sony Terms of Service. If you are able to provide any information on that issue, please do let me know.

Elektr0ns9/10/2015 4:11:25 PMWe will keep this ticket open since there is no resolution present at this time.

Matthew9/8/2015 9:09:26 PMI am sorry for any confusion that may have been caused in regards to the DLC. As we had talked about earlier, this issue has been made known to our game team, so that they may review this issue further.

If there is anything else that I can do for you, please do let me know.

Elektr0ns9/7/2015 4:53:31 AMI can not return this game due to the extensive amount of time it took to receive a full response to my request. I had to open the game to find out there was a DLC code inside it which in most cases prevents returns. The DLC is not working inline with Sony standards in regards to account licence entitlements. The only exceptions to this rule is microtransactions which this type of DLC is not since it's "included" in the Hall of Fame Edition. This is false advertisement and I may have to pursue other means of getting this resolved amicably.

Matthew9/7/2015 12:52:43 AMThank you for your patience on this issue.

The game that you purchased was the Hall of Fame edition, which does include the DLC for Toy Soldiers: War Chest. The extra characters (HeMan, Cobra, etc) were originally designed as extra content. The Hall of Fame edition simply includes the download code for the extra characters.

Additionally, the fact that the DLC characters are only able to be used on one account is something that Sony has chosen to do. This has something to do with the way that their systems are designed, where you can only use purchased content under the original owner.

I am sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

Please do let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Elektr0ns9/4/2015 1:23:08 PMThank you

Matthew9/3/2015 11:06:13 PMThank you for contacting us.

I am going to put your ticket on hold, so that it does not close automatically while we wait for news of any updates on this issue.

We do appreciate your patience with us.

Elektr0ns9/3/2015 6:20:36 AMIssue Not resolved

Elektr0ns8/29/2015 5:29:36 PMThank you for the information I will await an update for this issue by keeping this ticket open then.

Taylor8/28/2015 9:49:14 PMTickets in our system close automatically after four days of inactivity. You can always reopen or update any ticket by going to http://support.ubi.com and clicking "My Questions".

If you have been advised to await an update, rest assured that your ticket has been filed such that we will be able to reach out to you if and when new information becomes available. Thanks for your patience!

Elektr0ns8/28/2015 12:21:13 AMMy issue is not resolved. I received an email saying this ticket will be closed.

Matthew8/23/2015 8:15:15 PMThank you for your patience, and I am sorry for the delay in response.

There was a patch for the game released this past week that should fix most issues that are currently known.

There is still no way to access the DLC with a second profile that has not already purchased the DLC. This is something that is still in review by the Game Team.

Please do let me know if you have any additional concerns.

Elektr0ns8/21/2015 5:18:37 PMDo we have a status on this open ticket?

Elektr0ns8/18/2015 1:26:45 AMSorry for the multiple additions to this ticket my browser refreshed on the wrong tab. :(

Elektr0ns8/18/2015 1:24:13 AMI'm adding this to the body of my ticket because for some reason it was deleted.
***************Misleading game disc packaging [Retail Version][PS4]***************
Can I escalate this issue please. This issue was flag under general feedback and was not handled properly.

Elektr0ns8/18/2015 1:24:00 AMI'm adding this to the body of my ticket because for some reason it was deleted.
***************Misleading game disc packaging [Retail Version][PS4]***************
Can I escalate this issue please. This issue was flag under general feedback and was not handled properly.

Matthew8/18/2015 1:12:17 AMI will be more than happy to send this to the Development Team for further review for you.

Please do let us know if you have any other issues.

Elektr0ns8/18/2015 1:05:59 AMI'm adding this to the body of my ticket because for some reason it was deleted.

Matthew8/18/2015 12:03:40 AMThank you for contacting Ubisoft Support.

To answer your questions; any DLC is limited to the PSN ID that it is purchased on (or that a code is redeemed on). This is the same across all games. It has to do with permissions that Sony allows for DLC. I am sorry for the inconvenience that this may cause.

As far as your issue with having missing content goes, you can restore the licenses for your DLC with the following steps:

1. On the PlayStation Dashboard, select PSN.
2. Choose the option to Restore Licenses.

This should check to be sure that any content on your console matches your account's privileges.

Please let us know if you have any further issues.

Elektr0ns8/17/2015 9:01:38 PMI have a concern regarding my recent purchase of an UBISOFT game named ToySoldiers War Chest Hall of Fame Edition. I looked at the game case for data regarding any DLC needed to be downloaded. I found nothing stating such. I open the game and see that the game disc and cover lists being as the Hall of Fame edition. I loaded the game up on the PS4 and found half of my content is missing. I rechecked my game case and found an insert behind the health warning leaflet. Odd a code is needed for a game depicting all of the heroes on the cover and game disc? So now I have to redeem a code to complete my game that I purchased at full retail value only to find out that this code works for a single PSN account. Split screen players do not have access nor do any other accounts on the same PS4.
I am very troubled by this and feel I was falsely advertised an incomplete product. Do the digital consumers have this same problem? If I had purchased this from PSN store would that content be limited to a single account as well? If not why are retail consumers being limited by this practice?
Since this is now an opened copy of the game I can not return it to purchase the digital version (under the assumption the DLC is not limited in any way on that version). I would like to report as well my current content randomly disappears in game as not being purchased.

Help me UBI-WAN KENOBI you are my only hope!

I've included my scan of the game sleeve/top of game disc/DLC code insert/Gamestop receipt

molot_vepr
08-24-2015, 05:51 PM
COMMUNICATION HISTORY

molot_vepr8/24/2015 3:25:20 PMI am not following: First you were saying that it is a problem and that you are looking into it, and now you are saying that it is the way it is supposed to be, correct?
This is not the case with the Xbox One Version, as you stated, so how is this ok?
This is also false advertising with the result of misleading the consumer/customer as this is not stated on the terms with this game or on the physical package.

Tyler8/24/2015 2:02:35 PM​Thank you for contacting Ubisoft Support.

​The DLC content for Toy Soldiers: War Chest will be available to those who are logged in on the account that was originally used to purchase the content. Due to the permissions system involved, it is not possible to access it on a sub-account.

molot_vepr8/22/2015 3:05:53 AMThe problem has not been resolved. The ticket should on;ybe closed once the problem is fixed.

I have also contacted the PSN Store to ask for a refund for this game as it does not work as described, in regards to this issue.

Tyler8/17/2015 6:10:17 PMIssue description provided by client over the phone:

Problem: Customer is unable to play the DLC content with a Sub-Account.

Solution: Informed the customer that it is an issue and we are looking into it.

ADDITIONAL DETAILS

Email Address
Reference Number02330539
StatusUpdated
Created Date8/17/2015 6:10:17 PM
Updated Date8/24/2015 3:25:20 PM
Product

PlayStation 4

TOY SOLDIERS

Toy Soldiers: War Chest

DescriptionIssue description provided by client over the phone:

molot_vepr
08-24-2015, 05:54 PM
So to summarize, Ubisoft stated that it was a problem and that they will fix, and then wanted to quickly close the ticket. When I pushed the issue and stated that the ticket should only be closed once the problem is resolved, they then replied that this is how the game is.....wtf?

COMMUNICATION HISTORY

molot_vepr8/24/2015 3:25:20 PMI am not following: First you were saying that it is a problem and that you are looking into it, and now you are saying that it is the way it is supposed to be, correct?
This is not the case with the Xbox One Version, as you stated, so how is this ok?
This is also false advertising with the result of misleading the consumer/customer as this is not stated on the terms with this game or on the physical package.

Tyler8/24/2015 2:02:35 PM​Thank you for contacting Ubisoft Support.

molot_vepr8/22/2015 3:05:53 AMThe problem has not been resolved. The ticket should on;ybe closed once the problem is fixed.

I have also contacted the PSN Store to ask for a refund for this game as it does not work as described, in regards to this issue.

Tyler8/17/2015 6:10:17 PMIssue description provided by client over the phone:

ADDITIONAL DETAILS

Email Address
Reference Number02330539
StatusUpdated
Created Date8/17/2015 6:10:17 PM
Updated Date8/24/2015 3:25:20 PM
Product

PlayStation 4

TOY SOLDIERS

Toy Soldiers: War Chest

DescriptionIssue description provided by client over the phone:

Elektr0ns
08-28-2015, 09:09 PM
I will update my first post as more info is given by support.

I am confused about who is "looking into" this issue. I've been told by Signal that since the game has shipped Ubisoft will handle all support for the game, but Ubisoft claims Signal is working on a fix.

So it seems like a bit of a run around in regards to who is taking ownership of this major issue. I am 10 days out and trying to remain hopeful this will get fixed.

molot_vepr
08-31-2015, 05:29 PM
Hi elektr0ns,

Pease see my updated ticket replies with Ubisoft on the support and feedback forum and any comments would be helpful...

I will update my first post as more info is given by support.

I am confused about who is "looking into" this issue. I've been told by Signal that since the game has shipped Ubisoft will handle all support for the game, but Ubisoft claims Signal is working on a fix.

So it seems like a bit of a run around in regards to who is taking ownership of this major issue. I am 10 days out and trying to remain hopeful this will get fixed.

Elektr0ns
09-07-2015, 06:02 AM
Again false advertising is being ignored... Updated support contact chain.

Elektr0ns
09-18-2015, 07:07 PM
My support ticket was closed for no reason. It is now reopened.

Elektr0ns
10-19-2015, 03:33 PM
There has been ample time for a resolution to be presented for this issue.

Elektr0ns
01-22-2016, 09:03 PM
It's time to file complaint to BBB it would seem...