PDA

View Full Version : Mage Problems

ulti.K
08-15-2015, 02:45 AM
Now in the high crown range this is very annoying. There is a thing called a slow mage. This thing is a human that was forced to eat cocaine and raised by gorillas and now found The Mighty Quest. Sorry if this offends anyone. I propose that if someone provides video evidence of a slowmage attacking them, then they can report them and have that person's mage fully reset, along with banning them from using the mage for 3 months. If this happens again, then they will be banned from using the mage forever. This is because these players are using game breaking exploits and essentially, down to the core, cheating. If this doesn't happen, this idea doesn't get accepted, I suggest having the developers be shown how the slow mage works in a video, and have them see the problem. I also propose vortex gets a 8 second cooldown, and the electric charge no longer gives invincibility, and gets a 0.5 second cooldown, along with a mana cost of 30-45. This change will help balance the game and make it more enjoyable. I imagine I will get some angry feedback from people that take 20 minutes to complete a castle using as many exploits as possible and breaking the game.

uboras
08-15-2015, 04:34 PM
Now in the high crown range this is very annoying. There is a thing called a slow mage. This thing is a human that was forced to eat cocaine and raised by gorillas and now found The Mighty Quest. Sorry if this offends anyone. I propose that if someone provides video evidence of a slowmage attacking them, then they can report them and have that person's mage fully reset, along with banning them from using the mage for 3 months. If this happens again, then they will be banned from using the mage forever. This is because these players are using game breaking exploits and essentially, down to the core, cheating. If this doesn't happen, this idea doesn't get accepted, I suggest having the developers be shown how the slow mage works in a video, and have them see the problem. I also propose vortex gets a 8 second cooldown, and the electric charge no longer gives invincibility, and gets a 0.5 second cooldown, along with a mana cost of 30-45. This change will help balance the game and make it more enjoyable. I imagine I will get some angry feedback from people that take 20 minutes to complete a castle using as many exploits as possible and breaking the game.

Ultim4t3_hunt3r,
the 'EMP mage' or 'sniper mage' playstyle has been brought up in the forums a lot of times. Please head to the old forums sections and start with threads like 'Priority: Fix the broken heroes' or '@Devs thanks for the mage nerfs gj and needed, but...', where video evidence has been given. But you'll find the topic being mentioned in a lot of other threads too, e.g. 'Can we have the final date..' . Nothing has ever been done from development side to fix the issue or to have balance restored, although it has been brought to their attention numerous times. About the cooldown of spells: All spells had reasonable cooldowns before the introduction of Turbo mode ( Okt-Nov '14) as the primary mean to balance the spell's power. But those cooldowns have been removed deliberately to turn the action part into an 'arcade game' spell spamming feast, just without adjusting the power of the spells accordingly. So, don't expect cooldowns to ever come back. Finally the development roadmap of Jan 15 showed balancing of heroes, traps and monsters as the first task that would be worked on. That's more than half a year ago and so far only the surface has been scratched on this topic...

x-BlackKnight-x
08-15-2015, 06:57 PM
You are WAY behind on your assessment on this one.
Do you really think UbiSoft cares?
Do you realize that these were the same developers that emplaced "auto health restoration" and "bleed" in this game?
Do you think 20 minute castle attacks are long?
How about nearly 3 hours?
Yes, I said that right.

This just another of series of $#%@ ups that has plagued the game from the very beginning.
If you are expecting some sort of "balancing" in the near future, forget it.
As an experienced historian of the development of this game, I can tell you the the areas such as skills, cool downs, heroes, and weapons and equipment in comparison to areas like creatures, traps, and game mechanics has always been jacked up in one form or another.
Most of the people that have ANYTHING to do with game now were not even close to being around when it was conceived.
Most actually joined the "team" in 2015.

It just got worse after "Open Creation" (grinding materials for castle objects, August 2014), "Turbo Mode" (skill spamming, November 2014), and "Item Stat 2.0" (reduction of viable unique stat combinations, December 2014).
It pretty much finished the game as the game nearly and completely derailed itself overnight in the just a few months, more than ever in its history.
90% of all "old" supporters remaining after Open Creation finally bailed, and there were less than 100.
Now, there are less than 10.
I really don't know who is left playing this concept that is supposed to be a "game".
It is NOT.
It is a monkey and an organ grinder playing music for spare change, and the organ grinder was removed about a month ago.
Anybody that donates change, is just feeding the monkey, so he can dance a little longer, but he is never going to learn anything.

As Uboras stated, these problems have been around for a LONG time.
Feel free not to believe me as a "Junior Member" (you HAVE to be kidding me, UbiSoft).

My suggestion?
Jump off the train even before the next stop, as the train is approaching the "end of the line" and might not even get there anyway based on the "clicky clak" of the shaking wheels.