PDA

View Full Version : Sharing Replays in chat

IMBIGNSCAREY
08-12-2015, 09:03 PM
So a good number of players are enjoying sharing replays in chat for discussion and entertainment, but the process could be improved and simplified.

At the moment to share a replay a player has to press ctrl + c while in a replay, paste that replay link in an alternate program such as a web browser, notepad, etc, add a space or symbol to the front of the replay link, recopy that link and paste it in the game clients chat. Phew... quite the process no? Why not just add a 'Copy Replay into Chat' button in the battlelog so there is no 'Oh I never knew I could do that' factor and the process is simplified and shortened.

To view replays in chat players have to highlight the replay link (which can be a pain in itself sometimes) and then paste it within the game client (ctrl + v). Why not make the replay link a Hyperlink to the replay? Simple and user friendly.

Thanks for taking the time in reading this :rolleyes:

ulti.K
08-13-2015, 02:43 AM
So a good number of players are enjoying sharing replays in chat for discussion and entertainment, but the process could be improved and simplified.

At the moment to share a replay a player has to press ctrl + c while in a replay, paste that replay link in an alternate program such as a web browser, notepad, etc, add a space or symbol to the front of the replay link, recopy that link and paste it in the game clients chat. Phew... quite the process no? Why not just add a 'Copy Replay into Chat' button in the battlelog so there is no 'Oh I never knew I could do that' factor and the process is simplified and shortened.

To view replays in chat players have to highlight the replay link (which can be a pain in itself sometimes) and then paste it within the game client (ctrl + v). Why not make the replay link a Hyperlink to the replay? Simple and user friendly.

Thanks for taking the time in reading this :rolleyes:

I feel your impatience :P
I could improve on that option, where it says watch replay in the battlelog, it can say:

REVENGE
REPLAY

i understand ur impatience

Rezna-
08-14-2015, 05:47 AM
The share reply thing was never really intended for live game. It was a test server feature that was created on the fly to share reply to help there... and they just kept around in the code. So really it's less a feature and more a hack code lol

Marwojak-
08-14-2015, 08:00 AM
The share reply thing was never really intended for live game. It was a test server feature that was created on the fly to share reply to help there... and they just kept around in the code. So really it's less a feature and more a hack code lol

Maybe You are right that it started this way,but then it was Errok who announced this feature in the forum and encouraged people to post interesting replays so I think that we may recognise it as officially announced feature.