PDA

View Full Version : looking for an alternative to the game duel of champions

phatraji
08-12-2015, 04:17 PM
Hey guys,

I played this game on last 2 years but given the total absence of innovations,no expansion or drafth mode on near future and continuous bugs no fixed i'm really freacking tired of DoC.

Can you recommend some game free to play as an alternative ??

DZs7-
08-12-2015, 05:09 PM
Well there are 2 big other cards games:
Hearthstone- I must say that I don't like Blizzard games(played only Diablo 1 and 2) and they art style, but after giving it a try I must admit it's quite good. When You switch from DoC You will be shock- no random auto lose(last time I played DoC 6 of 10 games where auto lose at start), crash, tons of bugs etc.

Magic Duels: Origins- One of most advanced card games, finally with good electronic version- only problem is that it's new and it's lacking cards at the moment.

Near future:
The Elder Scrolls: Legends

bogi122
08-12-2015, 05:38 PM
Polish ''Ustwka''
http://ustawka.net/

English version is available. Funny game

Licker34
08-13-2015, 12:35 AM
I say just try something, chances are after a bit you'll miss what MMDoC is.

That's how I am. Not that I really want to leave MMDoC, but I can't resist checking out new stuff.

Hearthstone, I lasted a couple days and said, no freaking way.
Inferno Wars I lasted less than a day and wanted to puke on my keyboard such was my hatred of the style.
Spellweaver I lasted a couple weeks and said, ehh... something is missing.
Magic Duels Origins I'm still poking at, if only because Magic does offer a nicely designed play system, and has robust and interesting mechanics, yet I can't really see myself sticking with it long term, depends on how/if they adjust the economy as new sets come out really.

There are others, like Hex and Scrolls, and whatever else, I've never done more than just look at their sites, or watch an occasional twitch/youtube of it, but nothing in them made want to even try.

Problem is, MMDoC utterly blows all of these away, except... the utter lack of communication, updates, or apparent direction becomes highly annoying. Still, I find myself logging in to pick up the daily reward, then I say I'll just play a couple games on a daily, then I realize I've played how ever many games it took to actually finish the dailies. Yeah, MMDoC is still the best.

ArcaneAzmadi
08-13-2015, 05:51 AM
God almighty you really are a shameless shill, Licker. You just don't know when to stop.

For my money, try Infinity Wars. It's utterly unique, and very creative, although it takes a bit of effort to get the hang of thanks to the simultaneous turn system (you're gonna HATE Mass Death until you get the hang of predicting when your opponent is going to use it and manage to dodge it). Licker will tell you it's terrible; ignore him.

Hearthstone is... OK, but it's getting on my nerves. Aggro/Zoo is EVERYWHERE in the lower levels, a single deck (Patron Warrior) is dominating high-level play like pre-Time of Renewal Kal'Azaar, and the upcoming new expansion is looking depressingly underwhelming.

Licker34
08-13-2015, 07:22 AM
God almighty you really are a shameless shill, Licker. You just don't know when to stop.

For my money, try Infinity Wars. It's utterly unique, and very creative, although it takes a bit of effort to get the hang of thanks to the simultaneous turn system (you're gonna HATE Mass Death until you get the hang of predicting when your opponent is going to use it and manage to dodge it). Licker will tell you it's terrible; ignore him.

Hearthstone is... OK, but it's getting on my nerves. Aggro/Zoo is EVERYWHERE in the lower levels, a single deck (Patron Warrior) is dominating high-level play like pre-Time of Renewal Kal'Azaar, and the upcoming new expansion is looking depressingly underwhelming.

Oh go cry somewhere else about IW, no one cares if you don't like my opinion, I tell people to try everything and they'll be back here at some point.

mideagames
08-23-2015, 04:14 PM
Magic Duels. :cool:

R.I.P. Doc. :nonchalance:

Supernovaflames
08-26-2015, 02:17 AM
I just found GalaCollider today on Kickstarter (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1806523158/galacollider-master-your-strategy-conquer-the-gala). That could be an alternative for you to try out at some point down the line :o

phatraji
08-26-2015, 03:27 AM
Hey really thanks guys for your advices !!

i have start to play MtG and is really nice,design of cards and game system very impressive !!

By the way i read about a new expansion coming out, so i really hope that they will fix the bugs and add few new positive things to DoC,i will keep an eye on it.

NowILetUHaveit
10-12-2015, 04:31 PM
I am playing Battle decks now
No magic no demons no bs
But I am in need of good players because I win 2 easy ;)
So join the fun
Its dying here anyway

ilthian
10-13-2015, 12:17 PM
I tried a lot of TCG beside DoC :
- HS : The only worth for me in HS lies in its arena (kind of like DoC's draft). It's a really nice feature, and i play exclusively arena. Problem : you can't earn enough gold (if you're not top arena player) to continuously play it. So you'll have to play a few ladder games to do quests and earn gold, and ... they suck. But still, it's nice ^^
- Magic Duels : Seems OK, but because of a graphics problem, i can't play it (black screen in game, except for the cards, playable but ugly). Also very bad deck editor.
- Infinity Wars : Yeah nice game, very unique feature, that places mind game as the most important feature to the game. May get a bit repetitive after some times. Didn't try for months though ; maybe it changed
- HeX : Just like MtG in worse
- Spellweaver : OK but can't play that kind of "mana" TCG anymore after DoC
- War of Omens : (on browser only) Great game with a lot of potential, but it's quite expensive to get the cards (especially the special coins)
- Card Hunter : TCG with RPG mechanics. Great game. I recommend it.
- Pokemon TCG : If you feel nostalgic ^^ It's colourful and easy gameplay (and easy opponents too). Very easy to get cards.
- Scrolls : Didn't try more than a couple days. Didn't like the mechanics, but you could like it
- Star Realms : not a really a TCG, more like a deckbuilding game (no collection of cards), kindda like Dominion. It's cool though, in a SF universe. Easy to understand, hard to master : perfect recepy !

These are the games I played enough to know a bit about. There are others but I don't know them that well.

However, out of all these, I still prefer DoC, despite all it lacks. Curse you BB ! What have you done ?