PDA

View Full Version : Breaking the law.

ovelord2304
08-10-2015, 11:50 AM
So I was curious if anyone from Europe is going to sue ubisoft seeing how they have broken european law regarding one sided change of contract, canceling the beta, a GUARANTEED part of the purchase (Which is a contract) (as far as I'm aware).
Was also wondering if there is anyway we could collectively sue them?

Suomynnona
08-10-2015, 12:18 PM
If EU law is like US law, then a class-action lawsuit would be the best approach. The more people included, the more 'weight' it tends to carry.

Just don't expect any pay-outs. If there is any monetary 'damages' to be covered, most of that would go to cover attorney costs, court filings, etc.
And most certainly DO NOT accept any offers from Ubisoft regarding this issue - free DLC, free games, free ANYTHING. You'll notice down in the fine print of the agreement that they'd have slipped in the clause that by accepting the offer, you waive any rights to participate in a lawsuit.

I'd certainly sign a petition in this regard. Even though I'm a US citizen, and couldn't participate in any type of EU legal action.

ovelord2304
08-10-2015, 12:37 PM
I would start a petition myself but seeing how I'm still a minor and don't have that much knowledge on the subject I would preffer it if someone else could start the petition here http://www.petiport.europarl.europa.eu/petitions/en/main I will still sign it ofcourse (don't forget to link back to the petition incase anyone does make one)

jessestam
08-10-2015, 04:13 PM
Any that signed it cannot start a trail but a friend or a parent can. So having anyone sign such a thing in a agreement is totally and utterly useless.