PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion List (a.k.a. What We Love To See)

Tycerax
08-10-2015, 02:48 AM
Hi! I am thrilled when I first saw For Honor and I'm glad that I'm here, talking with everyone that feels the same way. (:

I went through the forums and decided to gather a list of suggestions and features that we want to see. Please post your suggestions to this thread to cover everything. ^^

001 - Single Player Campaign - Story - Content
I can't emphasize this(ese) feature(s) enough. Titanfall made the gravest mistake considering this and paid the price; please have at least a medium long (4-5 hours) campaign even if the game is multiplayer focused. Bonus points for;
- Make a different storyline for each faction. Diversify them greatly. You have the greatest material of all time: History. Use it.
- Historically correct stories. Or alternative timelines that makes total sense. Don't make the player say "WTF am I doing here?".
- Historically correct characters / heroes. Being a commander/soldier under a great name always feels great.

002 - Character Customization
The forums have ton of threads about this and they are right to want it. Bonus points for an armor sculpting system where you can make any armor you want but have limited resources. Also the armor you make should hinder your movements if you do it wrong. Multiple armors (like chainmail + full plate) should be available too. This goes for weapons as well.
We should name our characters as well, I personally don't want my username on my avatar. I want it to have its own name & personality. (:
That should go without saying but the game must have gender option if it has character customization.

003 - Dedicated Servers
We need to have this option; P2P is not enough. Every AAA game that has multiplayer should have this.

004 - Fully Rebindable Keys For Everything In The GameThis would be an easy thing to do: We should be able to rebind all of the key layout.

005 - Fully Customizable Settings (Graphics, Sound, Languages, etc.)
Graphics options should have AA, FOV, VSync, Colorblind Mode, Frame Rate, Particle Effects, etc. aside from resolution and quality settings. Bonus points for sliders & numerical values.
Sound options should have Voice, Weapons, Ambient, Character and Master settings as well as Speaker Setup (heck, I'd like to adjust the positons of my speakers), Quality, Mature Filter and Auto-Taunt. Bonus points for Realistic Mode where you hear your opponent in their own language while talking or yelling.

006 - Ability to Adjust Mouse Acceleration or Turn On/Off
By default, it should be turned off.

007 - Friend / Clan Support & Clashes with Detailed Chain of Command
That would be nice to have. This also effects this games e-sport capabilities.

008 - Mod Support
Yup.

009 - Different and Many Intro & Outro Cinematics
We'll play this game over and over and over and over and over... It'll bore us to tears if it has only 3 intros/outros. Make them different, make them blood pumping and make many of them!

010 - Totally Skippable Opening Logos and Cutscenes
That should be a no brainer but no game in history should have unskippable movies, logos, cutscenes, whatever. There even should be an "Skip All Cutscenes" option in the menu like Diablo 3.

011 - Bot Support
I'd like to train with bots first. (:

012 - Extensive Multiplayer Filter Options
We should filter servers for their names, player sizes, location (by choosing the region and/or country), map circulations, gametypes, mods, rating, ping (and an Average Player Ping (APP)), bot difficulty (if bots on server), friends (which server are they now?), competitive/casual, past connections, etc.

013 - Player Muting (VOIP) & Vote Kick
The ability to mute VOIP on player basis. And a "Mute All" option.

014 - Extensive Friend List Options
"Online, Away, Busy and Invisible". Also attaching small notes to individual players to remember things about them. Sending friend invites via post-game screen and "Previous Games" section of our profile. Muting & blocking people via chat & GUI (Scoreboard).

015 - HUD Customization & Removal
It's also a wanted feature.

016 - A LOT Of Maps
Seriously; don't ever release this game until you have at least a dozen maps. Also release more via free and/or paid DLC. Don't be greedy and release free maps; it'll be worth it.

017 - Realistic Combat
No spinning or shoryukens please.

018 - Different Playstyles & Selecting Them In-Game
We should be able to change fighting styles in the middle of the fight. Bonus points for letting people pick up swords/shields that are laid out.

019 - Pile of Bodies
Let's face it; it's a war game and people (NPCs) will die. They should remain where they met their end. This game has a perfect opportunity to show the gruesomeness of a real war.

020 - Feint Move - Deceive
It's a wanted feature as well.

021 - Demo Recording
For showing off, of course. (:

022 - Duel Mode
Perfect opportunity to show who's the boss.

023 - Different Game Modes (apart from Duel Mode)
Like King of the Hill and Siege (similar to Assault from UT series) Modes (Thanks Evenor_XIII)

024 - Alternating Maps, Day/Night Cycles, Randomized Cosmetic Changes to Map
Like weather effects, seasons, etc. (Thanks Evenor_XIII)

Thodoras10
08-10-2015, 01:12 PM
Many people want most of these, i focused my attention on your thought of a sculpting system for armours and weapons, which btw is amazing. I would really like to see something such as that and given the amount of people who would enjoy this it is undoubtable that the devs must consider adding this into the final form of the game.

Tycerax
08-10-2015, 06:11 PM
Another thought: I think the devs should NOT use traditional HP system for For Honor. I think they should use limb based system which tracks 5 limbs (left-right arm & left-right leg & head) of the body separately. They should all have separate stamina & HP values that accomodates the total stamina & HP values.

Of course, traditional status effects are useless for For Honor. Instead (and I truly hope that they have already implemented it) they should have Cramped, Bashed, Bleeding, Dislocated, Broken, Severed status effects for the limbs. Different weapons do different effects on different armors so this will really help For Honor to solidify it's success as an e-sport.

Asiek777
08-10-2015, 07:17 PM
23. BIG Battles
Minimum 10vs10. Without minions, complex maps, or tactic. Where battles are epic and chaotic. Where only fighting skills counts.

MisterWillow
08-10-2015, 10:34 PM
002 - Character Customization
The forums have ton of threads about this and they are right to want it. Bonus points for an armor sculpting system where you can make any armor you want but have limited resources. Also the armor you make should hinder your movements if you do it wrong. Multiple armors (like chainmail + full plate) should be available too. This goes for weapons as well.
We should name our characters as well, I personally don't want my username on my avatar. I want it to have its own name & personality. (:
That should go without saying but the game must have gender option if it has character customization.

Most of the customisation threads are concerning weapons (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1214574-I-really-hope-there-are-tons-weapons-to-choose-from?), but little has been said about armour (from what I've seen anyway).

I think its a fantastic idea to have a bunch of resources to craft something that you want to wear into battle, but the idea that 'if you do it wrong' you are in some way hindered in battle is not something I'd be very supportive of, for a couple of reasons. First, in order for an 'armour sculpting system' to make sense in context of the game, you'd go to an armourer (probably just an interactive screen/menu), who would make said armour at your direction, precluding you from screwing up. Second, I think that every customisable aspect of your character should be entirely cosmetic---and therefore have no positive or negative effects on your inherent power---so that the outcome of any fight depends solely on the skill of the participants.

How I think it will actually work is through unlockable armour pieces---helmets, pauldrons, gauntlets, greaves, breastplates, etc. etc.---that you can mix and match as you wish.

003 - Dedicated Servers

004 - Fully Rebindable Keys For Everything In The Game

005 - Fully Customizable Settings (Graphics, Sound, Languages, etc.)

Agree %1000. Make it happen, guys!

007 - Friend / Clan Support & Clashes with Detailed Chain of Command.

There have been a couple of threads asking for guilds (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1197712-Guilds?), which I agree are a must.

010 - Totally Skippable Opening Logos and Cutscenes

Agree. It's cool if you can't skip it the very first time it plays, though, as long as you can skip it every subsequent time it plays (like in Witcher 3).

011 - Bot Support

I'm pretty sure they've already said that you can play matches with just you and a bunch of bots, so we should be good there.

012 - Extensive Multiplayer Filter Options

013 - Player Muting (VOIP)

014 - Extensive Friend List Options

These are a must. Also, add a 'vote-to-kick' feature, for those rare troublesome individuals.

015 - HUD Customization & Removal
It's also a wanted feature.

Yes it is. By me especially. ;)

016 - A LOT Of Maps
Seriously; don't ever release this game until you have at least a dozen maps. Also release more via free and/or paid DLC. Don't be greedy and release free maps; it'll be worth it.

Yes to many maps, Double yes to free maps. Not sure if they will, but it will be appreciated.

017 - Realistic Combat
No spinning or shoryukens please.

No shoryukens, sure, but spinning is fine, to me, as long as it's limited to one or two moves. Had a conversation over HERE (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1212665-Get-Rid-of-Spinning?), if you're curious why.

018 - Different Playstyles & Selecting Them In-Game
We should be able to change fighting styles in the middle of the fight. Bonus points for letting people pick up swords/shields that are laid out.

While it's a neat idea, I don't know how multiple fighting styles for a single character would work with their combat system, or how it would be beneficial/detrimental to change them mid-match; the fact that different classes exist, with presumably different ways of fighting, is enough to get some combat variety.

Also, there seems to be very little, if any, reason to have players pick up fallen weapons. The weapons you're using lack a durability mechanic, and the existence of classes negates the need to switch weapons mid-fight.

019 - Pile of Bodies
Let's face it; it's a war game and people (NPCs) will die. They should remain where they met their end. This game has a perfect opportunity to show the gruesomeness of a real war.

Yes, please.

021 - Demo Recording
For showing off, of course. (:

Good idea. Rocket Leagues 'save replay' option after a match should be the standard for this sort of thing.

022 - Duel Mode
Perfect opportunity to show who's the boss.

This has been talked to death, and I think by now the devs get the hint... right....? *wink* *nudge* Guys...? Hint? :p

Another thought: I think the devs should NOT use traditional HP system for For Honor. I think they should use limb based system which tracks 5 limbs (left-right arm & left-right leg & head) of the body separately. They should all have separate stamina & HP values that accomodates the total stamina & HP values.

While alternative health systems have been suggested, they've generally been suggesting one 'health' bar for the three defending positions (left, up, right), which I think makes more sense in terms of their combat system. I'm not sure how players' legs would get factored in for damage, since all the strikes hit torso-up.

Besides that, I think such an alternate health system would really slow big team games down to a crawl, especially after the game has been out for a few months and people really learn how to defend. I think it would be perfectly suited for 1v1 duels, though.

Of course, traditional status effects are useless for For Honor. Instead (and I truly hope that they have already implemented it) they should have Cramped, Bashed, Bleeding, Dislocated, Broken, Severed status effects for the limbs. Different weapons do different effects on different armors so this will really help For Honor to solidify it's success as an e-sport.

How, exactly? The game could thrive perfectly well without a bunch of different status effects and rock-paper-scissors in terms of a weapons' effect on armour.

We already know that as you get hurt, your movement speed is slowed, so that's something, but I don't see the need for anything additional.

23. BIG Battles
Minimum 10vs10. Without minions, complex maps, or tactic. Where battles are epic and chaotic. Where only fighting skills counts.

Completely disagree. The only mode where 'only fighting skills count' would be 1v1 duels. The larger the battle, the more opportunity for people to be outnumbered, especially after the first few deaths it could easily make for a one-team-is-overwhelmed-for-half-the-match situation, because as one guy is waiting to respawn, the guy who killed him has opportunity to double-team someone else, who dies, and while he's waiting to respawn the same thing could happen, and so on and so forth until there's a cycle of half the team is waiting while the other half is being dominated. And even if that isn't/wasn't the case, their combat system is geared to fighting 1v2 at most---1v3 is possible, I guess, but that's pushing it (maybe if they had AOE attacks or something).

That's not to say I'm against larger than 4v4 games. There have been a couple of threads concerned with this, and I think 8v8 would be good, and 10v10 max would be the upper limits of what would be acceptable (further explanation/discussion HERE (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1182270-Minor-adjustments-need-to-be-made), just be aware, this thread devolves after page 2 or so), and there was a poll thread (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1182333-Small-Medium-and-or-Large-teams) that was made concerning this really early.

I also like the 12 person 4v4v4 mode (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1183214-4v4v4-Faction-Brawl-(possible-new-gamemode)) that someone proposed.

Tycerax
08-11-2015, 12:17 AM
Most of the customisation threads are concerning weapons (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1214574-I-really-hope-there-are-tons-weapons-to-choose-from?), but little has been said about armour (from what I've seen anyway).

I think its a fantastic idea to have a bunch of resources to craft something that you want to wear into battle, but the idea that 'if you do it wrong' you are in some way hindered in battle is not something I'd be very supportive of, for a couple of reasons. First, in order for an 'armour sculpting system' to make sense in context of the game, you'd go to an armourer (probably just an interactive screen/menu), who would make said armour at your direction, precluding you from screwing up. Second, I think that every customisable aspect of your character should be entirely cosmetic---and therefore have no positive or negative effects on your inherent power---so that the outcome of any fight depends solely on the skill of the participants.

How I think it will actually work is through unlockable armour pieces---helmets, pauldrons, gauntlets, greaves, breastplates, etc. etc.---that you can mix and match as you wish.
I wrote sculpt (not craft) specifically. Crafting is just select, right click, wear it and go. Sculpting means hard work, the kind of work that enthusiasts do in real life. I want to create an armor that I want, I don't want to do some recipe building. While these are perfectly fine for most (if not all) games but for For Honor, it'd be better if they dig a little deeper. Being able to sculpt your own armor and weapon is something many have been dreaming and I think For Honor is a perfect opportunity to make it real. And for this kind of enthusiastic people, "creating an armor without an hindrance" is a challenge.

Also, I'd thought of it more like the player IS the armorer and we can select plates of metal to bend, punch holes, hammer it down etc. to create a part of an armor and stitch them with leather. Different types of metals offer different "armor rating" and the type of an armor will dictate which attacks you can resist more.

The negatives come as slower attack speed, narrower range, less power for attacks, movement speed decrease and so on.

If I can turn the tide of a battle with an armor that I created, would it not be my skill?

While alternative health systems have been suggested, they've generally been suggesting one 'health' bar for the three defending positions (left, up, right), which I think makes more sense in terms of their combat system. I'm not sure how players' legs would get factored in for damage, since all the strikes hit torso-up.

Besides that, I think such an alternate health system would really slow big team games down to a crawl, especially after the game has been out for a few months and people really learn how to defend. I think it would be perfectly suited for 1v1 duels, though.

How, exactly? The game could thrive perfectly well without a bunch of different status effects and rock-paper-scissors in terms of a weapons' effect on armour.

We already know that as you get hurt, your movement speed is slowed, so that's something, but I don't see the need for anything additional.
For every good hit, the power comes from our standing. No one lands a good jab without using their feet and legs. You can see a little bit there: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cF7g27L_aNE If the game allows the lower body to get hit, it should have some effects to it. And I believe the damage to the legs can be factored into the damage output and movement speed.

Not only movement speed but these status effects forces you to change the way you play.

Cramped - Stamina depletion. The player should rest a little. You lose power in that state.
Bashed - Armor is bashed and does not work properly. That means you have some targeting and range issues.
Bleeding - Enemy got you a bit under the armor. You lose stamina over time. If unattended in a long period of time, you'll die.
Dislocated - Your joint is dislocated. You can relocate it by hitting it. You can try to move it but it'll have little effect.
Broken - Your arm or leg cannot be controlled in any way. But it still can deflect blows to the torso.
Severed - It's gone. Completely. You are bleeding way too much and in a short time, you'll die.

If this kind of a "rock-paper-scissors" is implemented into the game, changing fight styles and picking up weapons in the battleground will add depth to the strategy.

MisterWillow
08-11-2015, 05:43 AM
I wrote sculpt (not craft) specifically. Crafting is just select, right click, wear it and go. Sculpting means hard work, the kind of work that enthusiasts do in real life. I want to create an armor that I want, I don't want to do some recipe building. While these are perfectly fine for most (if not all) games but for For Honor, it'd be better if they dig a little deeper. Being able to sculpt your own armor and weapon is something many have been dreaming and I think For Honor is a perfect opportunity to make it real. And for this kind of enthusiastic people, "creating an armor without an hindrance" is a challenge.

Also, I'd thought of it more like the player IS the armorer and we can select plates of metal to bend, punch holes, hammer it down etc. to create a part of an armor and stitch them with leather. Different types of metals offer different "armor rating" and the type of an armor will dictate which attacks you can resist more.

This sounds like you're asking for an entirely different and separate game, honestly.

Your use of the word 'enthusiast' is rather apt, I think. However, enthusiasm can often also mean 'niche', and while all that truly sounds amazing, For Honor is about fighting, and I don't think such a tangential thing should have that much of a bearing on the game's primary focus, especially since it could end up being more than a distraction and/or hindrance to people who aren't willing to wade through all the various details, or end up not being skilled enough to make something exquisite, which could scare people away, or cause abandonment from frustration, and end up shrinking the player base.

While I have no doubt that some people would very much love an Armourer Simulator, I think you'd find them to be a minority within the audience excited for For Honor, who mostly just want to strap on some stuff they think look cool and charge into battle.

For every good hit, the power comes from our standing. No one lands a good jab without using their feet and legs. You can see a little bit there: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cF7g27L_aNE If the game allows the lower body to get hit, it should have some effects to it. And I believe the damage to the legs can be factored into the damage output and movement speed.

But the game doesn't allow the lower body to be hit. Every strike I've seen is waist-up (or even bicep-up). And again, if you get hit enough, your speed is reduced, both movement speed and attack speed, which is more than enough of an effect for what the game is seeking to accomplish.

Not only movement speed but these status effects forces you to change the way you play.

Cramped - Stamina depletion. The player should rest a little. You lose power in that state.
Bashed - Armor is bashed and does not work properly. That means you have some targeting and range issues.
Bleeding - Enemy got you a bit under the armor. You lose stamina over time. If unattended in a long period of time, you'll die.
Dislocated - Your joint is dislocated. You can relocate it by hitting it. You can try to move it but it'll have little effect.
Broken - Your arm or leg cannot be controlled in any way. But it still can deflect blows to the torso.
Severed - It's gone. Completely. You are bleeding way too much and in a short time, you'll die.

If this kind of a "rock-paper-scissors" is implemented into the game, changing fight styles and picking up weapons in the battleground will add depth to the strategy.

Again, I think you're going far too much in the simulation direction. All that would be fantastic if it were implemented in something like Kingdom Come: Deliverance, but I don't think such intricate background details do anything to enhance the combat in For Honor. None of the fights I've seen even last long enough for most of the status effects you've listed to be applicable for long enough for the effort to implement them to be worth it.

Mr_Moonstone
08-11-2015, 08:39 AM
First of all props to Tycerax for actually trying to summarize all the suggestions.

I must admit I mostly agree with Mister Willow's commentary.

002 - A free-form armor sculptering feature is a massive tool. I agree it sounds nice in theory but making armor for your character by your own design and implement it would require massive amounts of computer performance as every character model would be unique in terms of look and physics.
What I actually could imagine would be an external tool for armor re-texturizing and upload.

Also some players may want the option to outfit their character with capes in different sizes.

I am completely opposed to status effects as would only complicate the game, which is no simulation in the first place. It would ruin the "easy to learn, hard to master" feeling that it has right now, IMO.

As additions to the list:

024 - Defend the king mode
One player is selected king by his \ her team and becomes the leader. The team respawns until their leader is dead.

025 - Siege Mode
The attackers must reach or destroy certain points on the map (would require exclusive maps) in a set time limit to progress until their final target is fulfilled(could also be a king like in Defend the king Mode)

026 - Daytimes, weather, seasons and alternating map textures
Different light settings and different textures (summer and winter, rain and drought, alternative texture themes like granite and sandstone castles, and so on)

027 - Animated game transitions
Animated menus between battles. Either story telling cutscenes with overlaying game menus, lobby taverns or bootcamps. Including training grounds for sparring and interactive objects evoking game menus (like an anvil for the armory)

Greets

Shuai8297
08-12-2015, 01:55 AM
008 - Mod Support
Yup.

What kind of mods are you thinking about? If you want there to be a competitive scene for the game, having everyone play on a mechanically standardized verison is a must.

The negatives come as slower attack speed, narrower range, less power for attacks, movement speed decrease and so on.

If I can turn the tide of a battle with an armor that I created, would it not be my skill?

Having custom armor creation would be an awesome feature but letting players be able to "select plates of metal to bend, punch holes, hammer it down etc." would take alooooot of development time.

Warphorntek
08-16-2015, 04:52 PM
Nice list there. I can agree with it, but its a lot of work so lets see what break through.

Zercon.
08-17-2015, 02:41 AM
please no MODS if you open the game to mods it opens to all mods and then you have cheaters mods

Tycerax
08-17-2015, 03:26 AM
please no MODS if you open the game to mods it opens to all mods and then you have cheaters mods
People will still mod it if they want (just look at MGS V Ground Zeroes or GTA V). I think it would be better not to have a closed game and embrace the modding community. Managing mods will always be a challenge but with Mod Support, I think they can regulate mods better and ban cheaters easier.
I mean, I can't say no if a modder creates an epic (and historically true) single player story with a different class (let's say, ninjas). Or an entirely different multiplayer match mode...

Zercon.
08-17-2015, 03:32 AM
People will still mod it if they want (just look at MGS V Ground Zeroes or GTA V). I think it would be better not to have a closed game and embrace the modding community. Managing mods will always be a challenge but with Mod Support, I think they can regulate mods better and ban cheaters easier.
I mean, I can't say no if a modder creates an epic (and historically true) single player story with a different class (let's say, ninjas). Or an entirely different multiplayer match mode...

and the world is perfect and no one fights and no one is in jail

their is a lot of games out that had no mods if you let mods start then they can make any kind of mod this is a PVP game
MOBA don't have mods

Tycerax
08-17-2015, 03:36 AM
and the world is perfect and no one fights and no one is in jail

their is a lot of games out that had no mods if you let mods start then they can make any kind of mod this is a PVP game
MOBA don't have mods

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTFPQSpI8so
They surely don't have mods...

Mt.Boaty
08-20-2015, 12:34 PM
If there would be a bot training system it not only should come in different difficulties,
i think there should be an additional game mode in which you fight with your team against a higher and higher number of
these serious training bots which eventually even get stronger or faster each round.
Just some kind of survival mode that would greatly increase your abilities against more than one enemy.
Maybe with a team ranking functionality so 4 guys just get into this survival mode as a team and will be ranked by the number of enemies they kill before they die.

The modding thing is dangerous but can heavily increase the replayability, it can also be a lot of work for the dev team.
While they do not really get instant additional profit of the modability, modders could create incredible things with this game at base.
This way the game will stay in our minds for longer, and this would pave the path for a for honor 2 or some addons.

No matter what additionally comes into this game, it already looks so good and got so much attention, i hope it stays this way.

So keep calm and off with their heads!