PDA

View Full Version : Am i playing with a corpse ?

very-easy
08-08-2015, 09:31 PM
The weekly character trials have stopped . The updates have stopped . The daily deals have stopped . The past 3 news post have been trophy posts . Is the game still being worked on or is it dead ?

WorldWWilliam
08-09-2015, 07:50 AM
Over the last few years it has rarely been updated and it's rare that a update will be good. (Deals and character trials and trophy posts where meaningless anyway.)

The game is for most intents and purposes is dead and has been for a long time. But it will never fully die because there are always new players and whales to spend money on it keeping it alive.

Rezna-
08-11-2015, 08:01 PM
The weekly character trials have stopped . The updates have stopped . The daily deals have stopped . The past 3 news post have been trophy posts . Is the game still being worked on or is it dead ?

We don't know anything yet... kind of waiting for news in some manner. Some are saying their opinions that they think things are dead all together while others have had some limited communications about what's going on and are still lingering waiting for needed changes.

Flamedog72
08-11-2015, 09:02 PM
We don't know anything yet... kind of waiting for news in some manner. Some are saying their opinions that they think things are dead all together while others have had some limited communications about what's going on and are still lingering waiting for needed changes.

well your a ambassador aren't you, if you don't know whats going on either then its safe to say the game is dead.

Rezna-
08-12-2015, 11:16 PM
well your a ambassador aren't you, if you don't know whats going on either then its safe to say the game is dead.

The ambassador thing is dead I know as much as you the CMs are your contacts now.

IMBIGNSCAREY
08-12-2015, 11:38 PM
I wont forgot your hard work as Ambassador Rezna. You were the eternal optimist and peacekeeper.

x-BlackKnight-x
08-13-2015, 01:27 AM

If you are asking this question, you already know the answer.
The less work that is done, the less someone needs to pay out to others.

Perfect analogy:
"Its just an open coffin, collecting change on a street corner now".
The worst part?
There not even a "monkey grinder" out in front playing music anymore which at least happened up until June 2015.
Make sure you recommend this game to ALL your friends (wink, wink).

Oh, and I am a "Junior Member" AGAIN, hilarious.
I joined in August 2015?
I do not think so...
Thanks, UbiSoft with the warmest regards.

FctRacine
08-13-2015, 01:35 AM
"Junior Member", how cute it is. :D

Anyway, I think with these new forums, things will become more and more complicated. First: are every CM aware of the change ?

EDIT: something funny is that French and English forums aren't linked anymore. In the French forum, I have a custom grade, and I set an avatar, while in the English forum, it seems they are gone.

very-easy
08-13-2015, 04:57 AM
If you are asking this question, you already know the answer.

I figured with this being a new forum they would be checking to see how its doing. I figured the title would get a response, some sign of life. I figured wrong. Some players have come to kick the corpse a little but its not moving. Not even a twitch. It just lays there all corpsy and stuff.

XaeroTheHero
08-13-2015, 08:52 AM
Over the last few years it has rarely been updated and it's rare that a update will be good. (Deals and character trials and trophy posts where meaningless anyway.)

The game is for most intents and purposes is dead and has been for a long time. But it will never fully die because there are always new players and whales to spend money on it keeping it alive.

As usual with your posts, you are totally off from the truth. The past few years the game has been extensively and frequently updated. It is only the past 4 weeks that it has gone quiet. And the reason for this is very important and there WILL be information shortly about this.

Rezna-
08-14-2015, 05:39 AM
I wont forgot your hard work as Ambassador Rezna. You were the eternal optimist and peacekeeper.

Thanks. :) I still hold out hope if it's still silent by New year's I will call it quits for good lol...

I too am annoyed at the title change and post count... 3000+ posts was a lot of dedication and said more to any new users than what titles do I think

Hereticide
08-15-2015, 02:12 AM
The neglect is starting to get to me actually.

I don't feel it's deserved since we're some of the few active players around and we've still no word regarding the status of the game. They haven't even said "OH! Hey, didn't see you there! We won't be having a patch this week (again) since we are working on something very important etc etc etc" We don't truly know if this silence is a good sign or a bad one.

Yet another week where nothing has been mentioned at all and I'm starting to feel like throwing in the towel. Why should I remain loyal to a title that doesn't even care enough to take 1 minute to publicly state something is happening and unfortunately they cannot disclose it yet but that it will be good (or bad)? Am I really not worth even that to them? Are you not even worth that to them? Why are we, the customers, the ones that are abused in this fashion?

What's worse is that we are their most loyal customers as is evident by our presence alone and yet we're still getting $#!% on in this manner.

IMBIGNSCAREY
08-15-2015, 03:08 AM
:mad::mad::mad:

Restrained version

0 communication, 0 responses and 0 care factor shown by MQEL decision makers atm. The lack of an official response to this thread in over 1 week on the 'NEW' forums speaks volumes - some people can connect the dots ya know. Please show some consideration to your online community and give them a reason to visit your website, participate in the forums and continue playing this game!

ulti.K
08-16-2015, 06:58 PM
:mad::mad::mad:

Restrained version

0 communication, 0 responses and 0 care factor shown by MQEL decision makers atm. The lack of an official response to this thread in over 1 week on the 'NEW' forums speaks volumes - some people can connect the dots ya know. Please show some consideration to your online community and give them a reason to visit your website, participate in the forums and continue playing this game!

That no communication is very true, but before MissBetwixt stopped playing and announced Augton to take over, she said there is something very big happening soon. And no TBK, it's not the game getting the plug pulled, I asked.

IMBIGNSCAREY
08-16-2015, 07:23 PM
That no communication is very true, but before MissBetwixt stopped playing and announced Augton to take over, she said there is something very big happening soon. And no TBK, it's not the game getting the plug pulled, I asked.

Yes I read her say that in in-game chat too... I also read XaerotheHero say big changes are on the way in a thread on the old forums. MissBetwixt has since stopped playing the game, Xaero went on to post a thread titled 'We expect more, and now we will go casual' and there's been no daily deals and no official communication on any upcoming 'chinese whispered big changes' to the game in weeks.

Actions speak louder than words... oh and just because you asked if game is getting plug pulled and someone said no (like they'd tell you any differently anyway!), doesn't mean the game wont get axed tomorrow or next week. MQEL is part of a business... if it stops being profitable then a little man in an expensive suit will promptly press the 'CANCELLED' button. Hopefully sooner rather than later after experiencing this half-hearted and sloppy development.

Rezna-
08-17-2015, 12:04 PM
Yes I read her say that in in-game chat too... I also read XaerotheHero say big changes are on the way in a thread on the old forums. MissBetwixt has since stopped playing the game, Xaero went on to post a thread titled 'We expect more, and now we will go casual' and there's been no daily deals and no official communication on any upcoming 'chinese whispered big changes' to the game in weeks.

Actions speak louder than words... oh and just because you asked if game is getting plug pulled and someone said no (like they'd tell you any differently anyway!), doesn't mean the game wont get axed tomorrow or next week. MQEL is part of a business... if it stops being profitable then a little man in an expensive suit will promptly press the 'CANCELLED' button. Hopefully sooner rather than later after experiencing this half-hearted and sloppy development.

I quite disagree I would like to see the game taken over by another team and fixed / polished even if it took a few months for the transition and years to make it a good game. The game is fun, most everyone would agree they had a blast leveling up. You just hit that stagnant stage at some point and it loses it's flare for you. I can't speak for new players as I never experienced the "grinding" but it too could be a fun piece of the game if handled better.

very-easy
08-17-2015, 02:00 PM
All these noob junior members think they know everything :p

killer429542.
08-17-2015, 02:24 PM
:)

ulti.K
08-17-2015, 03:37 PM
im not a junior :p

IMBIGNSCAREY
08-17-2015, 05:58 PM
I quite disagree I would like to see the game taken over by another team and fixed / polished even if it took a few months for the transition and years to make it a good game. The game is fun, most everyone would agree they had a blast leveling up. You just hit that stagnant stage at some point and it loses it's flare for you. I can't speak for new players as I never experienced the "grinding" but it too could be a fun piece of the game if handled better.

I just don't believe the game can recover after all the NOT RECOMMENDED reviews on Steam and negative impressions left on past players. It's a great thought to think Ubisoft will rekindle the flame and assign a professional, motivated team to revamp the game but if it hasn't happened yet, why would it happen in the future after ostracizing most of the potential player pool? Oh and as for selling the game we can rule that out... no business minded studio would touch this unproven and negatively received title with a 10 foot pole.

I appreciate your thoughts as always Rezna- and I half hope myself the game comes good (heck I still play the game for hours each day). I've had great fun with the game - but mostly it's been a disappointing ride of invalid replays and the meta being based on what Ubisoft doesn;t fix for months. The biggest fan of something can also be its biggest critic.

WorldWWilliam
08-17-2015, 07:48 PM
YMissBetwixt has since stopped playing the game.
What level was Missbetweixt when she quit?

Because it only took 2 months before someone who is PAID to play the game couldn't stand playing the game anymore, Just wondering what level she got to before quitting. (Because most people quit before passing level 5, and almost everyone quits before reaching end game. But I'm curious as someone who was paid to play the game how much she could endure of the grinding broken p2w mess of a game.)

Edit:
@Rezna
The game is fun, most everyone would agree they had a blast leveling up.

78% of people quit before level 5 fact. 99% of people quit before end game fact. The highest steam reviews are negative by a long margin fact. Almost every new player I've personally talked to in game or on the forums has been disgruntled anecdotal but I would say leveling up is the most tedious frustrating P2W part of the game that people hate the most.

IMBIGNSCAREY
08-17-2015, 08:00 PM

She's been sitting at lvl15 castle and lvl15 Runaway for over 2 weeks now. Aguton is similarly progressing slowly at lvl16 castle and lvl16 Knight. Sure I don't expect them to play much when they announce they'll be in-game for discussions and questions... but these levels have been exclusively obtained in those sessions. They don't play at all in their free time. I doubt there's even a Dev that's hit lvl30 (sorry there are 2 who have hit lvl30. The Dev clan is called 'themightydevs').

XaeroTheHero
08-18-2015, 09:22 AM

Because it only took 2 months before someone who is PAID to play the game couldn't stand playing the game anymore, Just wondering what level she got to before quitting. (Because most people quit before passing level 5, and almost everyone quits before reaching end game. But I'm curious as someone who was paid to play the game how much she could endure of the grinding broken p2w mess of a game.)

Edit:
@Rezna
The game is fun, most everyone would agree they had a blast leveling up.

78% of people quit before level 5 fact. 99% of people quit before end game fact. The highest steam reviews are negative by a long margin fact. Almost every new player I've personally talked to in game or on the forums has been disgruntled anecdotal but I would say leveling up is the most tedious frustrating P2W part of the game that people hate the most.

Yet again throwing yourself with guesses. Missbetweixt did not "quit". Yes, her castle is not in game anymore, no, she did not quit. Please don't throw false information around.

WorldWWilliam
08-18-2015, 08:38 PM
They don't play at all in their free time. I doubt there's even a Dev that's hit lvl30Well that's fair enough, Only a idiot would play this broken p2w frustrating grind fest in there spare time, Specially since they have to endure playing it during work.

But seriously though, If the developers don't even enjoy playing the game, That's a gotta be one of the worst signs a game is bad. (New CM can only get to level 15 in 2 months then quits. Seriously that is ridiculously bad)

@Xaero
I was just going off imbiganscarys post saying she stopped playing, Sorry I wasn't 100% accurate...

XaeroTheHero
08-19-2015, 08:11 AM
@Xaero
I was just going off imbiganscarys post saying she stopped playing, Sorry I wasn't 100% accurate...

Fair enough.

With all respect, I think you should just leave this forum. You don't like the game, you don't believe in the business model and you don't like the people here. Don't torture yourself man, just move along and don't come back. It'll do you good!

WorldWWilliam
08-19-2015, 05:05 PM
With all respect, I think you should just leave this forum. You don't like the game, you don't believe in the business model and you don't like the people here. Don't torture yourself man, just move along and don't come back. It'll do you good!I don't like playing this broken p2w exploitative grind fest of a so called game?

Well neither does 99% of people that played this game (Because they quit before reaching anywhere near end game) Neither do people working on this game since none of them play outside of work and only play the bare minimum required, Neither does the CM who quit playing after 2 months and 15levels who was PAID to play it.

So by all means you can keep playing and enjoying the game but while this game continues to exploit and scam money out of innocent people (Tricking new players into thinking the game is good they spend X money then quickly regret it and wish they hadn't, Aka there business model for last years) Then I'm going to stick around so any new players who happen to be reading the forums will know how broken and horrible this game is. (Or preferably higher ups at ubi so they can fire and hire new dev team or whip the current ones into shape)

Also I can't think of even one person on the forums I have hated over the years I've been on MQEL forums. (I do however HATE the fact people white knight this game and HATE whales spending money on the game but I don't hate the people that do those things.)

Melodiam
08-21-2015, 03:52 PM
Well, I do also have to concur that the game seems to be seeing a lot less action the last few weeks, down from its previous low in my opinion.

My keep is seeing attacks maybe once every 3 days; give-or-take. And as I had mentioned previously it has a very generous timer coupled with a very high bonus (I had one comment left that it was at 35%). That it is not seeing practically any action does point to me the presence of a very small, and/or very inactive player base.

I still log in daily to collect the mines, but am starting to wonder why at that, when the blings themselves are essentially useless to myself. As of some time ago my keep is as upgraded as I plan on making it.

I am pretty much the last 8 months or so just hoarding blings and mats in case someday I either decide to radically change the keep design, or something amazing is announced for Mighty Quest.

XaeroTheHero
08-24-2015, 12:09 PM
I don't like playing this broken p2w exploitative grind fest of a so called game?

Well neither does 99% of people that played this game (Because they quit before reaching anywhere near end game) Neither do people working on this game since none of them play outside of work and only play the bare minimum required, Neither does the CM who quit playing after 2 months and 15levels who was PAID to play it.

So by all means you can keep playing and enjoying the game but while this game continues to exploit and scam money out of innocent people (Tricking new players into thinking the game is good they spend X money then quickly regret it and wish they hadn't, Aka there business model for last years) Then I'm going to stick around so any new players who happen to be reading the forums will know how broken and horrible this game is. (Or preferably higher ups at ubi so they can fire and hire new dev team or whip the current ones into shape)

Also I can't think of even one person on the forums I have hated over the years I've been on MQEL forums. (I do however HATE the fact people white knight this game and HATE whales spending money on the game but I don't hate the people that do those things.)

You didn't answer my question, why do you hang around here if you don't like the game? Just move along man, it'll do you good.
The money I spent on MQEL is peanuts. Maybe it is considered a lot to you.

WorldWWilliam
08-24-2015, 12:49 PM
You didn't answer my question, why do you hang around here if you don't like the game? Just move along man, it'll do you good.
The money I spent on MQEL is peanuts. Maybe it is considered a lot to you.It doesn't matter how much it is to you or me, In relation to the average amount spent by the average person it's a lot. Which makes you a whale. (Makes you even more of a whale that the larger then average money you spent on this game is nothing to you.)

Quote from my last post:
while this game continues to exploit and scam money out of innocent people (Tricking new players into thinking the game is good they spend X money then quickly regret it and wish they hadn't, Aka there business model for last years) Then I'm going to stick around so any new players who happen to be reading the forums will know how broken and horrible this game is. (Or preferably higher ups at ubi so they can fire and hire new dev team or whip the current ones into shape)

XaeroTheHero
08-24-2015, 02:54 PM
It doesn't matter how much it is to you or me, In relation to the average amount spent by the average person it's a lot. Which makes you a whale. (Makes you even more of a whale that the larger then average money you spent on this game is nothing to you.)

Quote from my last post:
while this game continues to exploit and scam money out of innocent people (Tricking new players into thinking the game is good they spend X money then quickly regret it and wish they hadn't, Aka there business model for last years) Then I'm going to stick around so any new players who happen to be reading the forums will know how broken and horrible this game is. (Or preferably higher ups at ubi so they can fire and hire new dev team or whip the current ones into shape)

You don't get it do you? It's a FREE TO PLAY game. NOBODY is forcing you to pay anything. And speaking from HUGE experience regarding this game, it's even more fun when you don't spend a dime playing it.

LiquiFire.
08-24-2015, 03:05 PM
http://eduncovered.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/its-time-to-stop-posting.jpg
http://eduncovered.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/its-time-to-stop-posting.jpg

Eener101
08-24-2015, 10:39 PM
You don't get it do you? It's a FREE TO PLAY game. NOBODY is forcing you to pay anything. And speaking from HUGE experience regarding this game, it's even more fun when you don't spend a dime playing it.

I am sorry, but firstly the "noone is forcing you to pay" does not fly here. The game design basically forces you to pay. And no, playing the game as f2p is NOT more fun, that is just delusional, It is the whole system their pay incentive is based upon by making things tedious and unfun and getting to you through impatience and frustration.. You are the perfect posterboy for the crowd these companies love.

As for this game, yes it is a corpse. No matter the coming changes. The direction they pushing this game in is one noone cares for. The points that made this game unique and which pulled people in are being shunned and watered down. The pull for this game is not being a diablo like game. As a diablo like game it is poor and there are many better alternatives. Getting this game set straight and being truly relevant again would take a lot of undoing of silly stuff and a lot of investment that this game is very likely not deemed worth it anymore. Any changes will most likely to get some buzz started instead of really setting things straight. I'd rather this game die if it doesn't get fixed properly then remaining around as some money-trap.

And the "don't like it don't post" you guys are sure the bring up is also something that can be stuffed. It is feedback wether you like it or not. It is bringing to light the flip side of the medallion of this game for new players to see a different perspective

x-BlackKnight-x
08-25-2015, 05:56 AM
Yet again throwing yourself with guesses. Missbetweixt did not "quit". Yes, her castle is not in game anymore, no, she did not quit. Please don't throw false information around.

You are right, she did not quit.
She was reassigned OUT of MQEL.
It makes no difference whether her castle is or is not in the game, because plenty of dead accounts exist from other UbiSoft employees abound.
There is only one community manager now, and that will be changing within the next couple of months.
I predict formal game cancellation in 3 months, about on rough timeline I originally predict at the end of fiscal year 2015.
No more money will be invested in this project, not quite sure how much money is even left in this year's budget anyway.
The last "overhaul" for the tutorial, and a few of the flaky "most wanted" used most of it up.

XaeroTheHero
08-25-2015, 09:39 AM
You are right, she did not quit.
She was reassigned OUT of MQEL.
It makes no difference whether her castle is or is not in the game, because plenty of dead accounts exist from other UbiSoft employees abound.
There is only one community manager now, and that will be changing within the next couple of months.
I predict formal game cancellation in 3 months, about on rough timeline I originally predict at the end of fiscal year 2015.
No more money will be invested in this project, not quite sure how much money is even left in this year's budget anyway.
The last "overhaul" for the tutorial, and a few of the flaky "most wanted" used most of it up.

Nope, not correct that either.

WorldWWilliam
08-28-2015, 12:14 AM
You don't get it do you? It's a FREE TO PLAY game. NOBODY is forcing you to pay anything. And speaking from HUGE experience regarding this game, it's even more fun when you don't spend a dime playing it.HUGE experience? Really want to make this a **** measuring contest? I was one of the top if not the best archer in (closed beta undefeated in competitions) and in certain patches before crafting but after validation I've made castles literally no one else could beat (Except Zazzek) and there was never a castle I couldn't beat. I've played this game daily for a long time grinding items to craft all sorts of builds and theory crafting with people on streams finding bugs and playing competitively and so much more. I've never paid a cent to this game so I've had just as much F2P experience with this game as anyone.

And imo after you have put hundreds of dollars into the game as you have admitted to, Your personal opinion on the experience with the F2P aspects is next to if not completely worthless.

It's like a king saying living a life as a starving poor dirty homeless peasant isn't that bad, You don't know what it's like to be a peasant even if you (Made a smurf and played f2p) lived as a peasant for a while having the ability to go back to been a king at any time(Been able to go back to your paid account) makes it not the same experience, It's even worse if you just sit from your shiny crown of fancy food telling the peasants to stop complaining it's not that bad.

As for the it's F2P you don't HAVE TO PAY. Well I'll just say, Sure you don't HAVE to pay to skip tedious frustrating contrived forced grinding but......Wait a minute when did games have tedious frustrating contrived forced grinding?!?!?! *looks up the date* same day microtransactions where added to skip tedious frustrating contrived forced grinding... Coincidence? (I was going to say hopefully you see what I mean but I could explain it for years in extreme detail and I don't think you would see it.)

x-BlackKnight-x
09-05-2015, 06:50 PM
All,

You know after re-reading all the posts in this thread, I cannot help but laugh and seriously reflect on the insanity that we have endured.
It seems incredulous that anybody could actually conceive this game will survive now.
People kept tell me I was "wrong" for years, but I continue to be proven right over and over again, particularly after the final scales tipped in June 2015 after departure and dissolvement of the development team.
Players have a right to be bitter and angry based on such wasted potential.
Even the most stalwart supporters faltered, and UbiSoft kept just right on continuing to make decisions which insulted the community.
EVEN NOW.

I recognize that admittance of mistakes is rarely given, unless under forced circumstances.
Only a few ever were here in this game with the few of us that actually remember.
This game will go down as another failure based on arrogance of a game company that "thinks" they know what players wanted.
They did not, were told what was needed to fix the problems, ignored the community, and the game failed.
I hope the MILLIONS of wasted development DOLLARS were worth it based on the attempt of quick mobile cash grab.

The lesson to be learned here UbiSoft that seems so simple, is LISTEN TO THE %&#$ING PLAYERS!

For those that STILL believe there is some "pipeline" dream of hope, shoot me a private message when they shut down the servers within the next 3 months, right before the forums are closed as well.
I will not deny I would prefer to have this game cancelled sooner than later, because a handful of new players keep making the same mistakes we all did.
Thank god, I finally moved on, but linger here to still try to save others from the pain.

Zefirah
09-05-2015, 09:52 PM
Nope, not correct that either.

Can you give us some more information in regards to what is about to happen? It seems you are the only one who knows what is going on. At least it is good to know that the change will be very positive from what can be gathered from you.

Please help out junior members such as BlackKnight and myself :p

I have been negative about the game at various times and rightfully so as the game does have far more potential than many other games, but little of that potential is used. Xaero, I hope you are right about the future of this game. I will trust your judgement on this matter, but up till now BlackKnight has been right. I hope you can prove him wrong and I bet he would like the (new) developers to prove him wrong too.

XaeroTheHero
09-07-2015, 12:05 PM
HUGE experience? Really want to make this a **** measuring contest? I was one of the top if not the best archer in (closed beta undefeated in competitions) and in certain patches before crafting but after validation I've made castles literally no one else could beat (Except Zazzek) and there was never a castle I couldn't beat. I've played this game daily for a long time grinding items to craft all sorts of builds and theory crafting with people on streams finding bugs and playing competitively and so much more. I've never paid a cent to this game so I've had just as much F2P experience with this game as anyone.

And imo after you have put hundreds of dollars into the game as you have admitted to, Your personal opinion on the experience with the F2P aspects is next to if not completely worthless.

It's like a king saying living a life as a starving poor dirty homeless peasant isn't that bad, You don't know what it's like to be a peasant even if you (Made a smurf and played f2p) lived as a peasant for a while having the ability to go back to been a king at any time(Been able to go back to your paid account) makes it not the same experience, It's even worse if you just sit from your shiny crown of fancy food telling the peasants to stop complaining it's not that bad.

As for the it's F2P you don't HAVE TO PAY. Well I'll just say, Sure you don't HAVE to pay to skip tedious frustrating contrived forced grinding but......Wait a minute when did games have tedious frustrating contrived forced grinding?!?!?! *looks up the date* same day microtransactions where added to skip tedious frustrating contrived forced grinding... Coincidence? (I was going to say hopefully you see what I mean but I could explain it for years in extreme detail and I don't think you would see it.)

I played completely F2P up until they released steam market, so yeah, huge experience. And my original account (Xaero) which was lost, was 100% F2P and had 7000+ looted castles.

XaeroTheHero
09-07-2015, 12:09 PM
Can you give us some more information in regards to what is about to happen? It seems you are the only one who knows what is going on. At least it is good to know that the change will be very positive from what can be gathered from you.

Please help out junior members such as BlackKnight and myself :p

I have been negative about the game at various times and rightfully so as the game does have far more potential than many other games, but little of that potential is used. Xaero, I hope you are right about the future of this game. I will trust your judgement on this matter, but up till now BlackKnight has been right. I hope you can prove him wrong and I bet he would like the (new) developers to prove him wrong too.

I have as of today been approached by Ubisoft representatives and been asked to keep further inside information that I happen to know, to myself. And even though I have not signed any NDA with Ubisoft, I have agreed to keeping my mouth shut regarding inside information from now on. How ever, I am waiting for 1 last reply from Ubisoft regarding a question I have asked, and if within a certain deadline if I am not given a proper reply, it will all be leaked on my blog.

Lord_Silvador
09-07-2015, 07:25 PM
So...

Should I stick around? Or go find something else to do?

QuadraticAdam
09-08-2015, 10:16 PM
So...

Should I stick around? Or go find something else to do?
Are you having fun?
Does the silent treatment offend you?

You already know the answer to your questions.

Lord_Silvador
09-08-2015, 11:00 PM
Are you having fun?
Does the silent treatment offend you?

You already know the answer to your questions.

Silent treatment? What?

Xaero clearly knows something about this game's future, for better or for worse. Thus I ask, is there any point to remaining and seeing what lays in store for this game, or not waste my time and dedicate my hours to playing something that I know has a future.

WorldWWilliam
09-10-2015, 02:32 AM
Silent treatment? What?

Xaero clearly knows something about this game's future, for better or for worse. Thus I ask, is there any point to remaining and seeing what lays in store for this game, or not waste my time and dedicate my hours to playing something that I know has a future.
Well keep in mind Xaero has spent 100's if not thousands of dollars on this game and he has defended the current state of the game and multiple P2W grindy frustrating features of the game, So even if he says it's worth sticking around which it's likely he will say it's worth sticking around. (Even if nothing important changes or its more P2W grindy and frustrating and broken).

Gotta pay attention to who is saying what. Someone who is invested a lot of money time into the game and enjoys the current state of the game telling you to continue playing vs Someone like me who has had a lot of contact with the devs since closed beta and had multiple skype calls and had a decent effect on the game (Eg. The reason mines are collectible was because I suggested it) so I've seen how "fast" and "effective" the devs are over the years and I'm telling you not to hold your breath and cut your losses asap and spend your time on actually good and fun games.

But it's entirely down to you who you want to listen to and how to spend your time.

XaeroTheHero
09-10-2015, 11:50 AM
Well keep in mind Xaero has spent 100's if not thousands of dollars on this game and he has defended the current state of the game and multiple P2W grindy frustrating features of the game, So even if he says it's worth sticking around which it's likely he will say it's worth sticking around. (Even if nothing important changes or its more P2W grindy and frustrating and broken).

Gotta pay attention to who is saying what. Someone who is invested a lot of money time into the game and enjoys the current state of the game telling you to continue playing vs Someone like me who has had a lot of contact with the devs since closed beta and had multiple skype calls and had a decent effect on the game (Eg. The reason mines are collectible was because I suggested it) so I've seen how "fast" and "effective" the devs are over the years and I'm telling you not to hold your breath and cut your losses asap and spend your time on actually good and fun games.

But it's entirely down to you who you want to listen to and how to spend your time.

The reason why I know stuff about the game which I shouldn't know is due to the simple fact that I have been in the IT-production industry for more than 20 years. Having been in the business for so long, you get a lot of connections and friends working in all kinds of different places. In my case, I happen to know some quite well oriented Ubisoft employees. It has nothing to do with how much I spent on the actual game, nor the fact that I have defended it so much. On Saturday there will be an article out on the web which will explain a lot why I have been defending this game and why I have so high hopes for it. Stay tuned.

x-BlackKnight-x
09-10-2015, 01:06 PM
Nobody's "IT Experience" or any amount of written skills either within personal or professional publications, blogs, or articles is going to save this PoS from being late for its own funeral.
Anything positive regarding this game, if EVER generated from this point forward is complete propaganda generated for promotion of profits based on deception.

There is NO development team!
There is NO creative director!
One of two community managers was already moved out of the game!
Any "well meaning" UbiSoft employee would stay away from this project and avoid it for MANY reasons.

How can a game "get better" when no coders are working on it?
How can a game "get better" when no one is analyzing requirements and bug fixes?
How can a game "get better" when no one is asking for ideas, or even presenting a new "roadmap" since release of the game?
How can a game "get better" when ALL COMMUNICATION HAS CEASED?
How can a game "get better" when there is no programmed budget for 2016?
What kind of overall development logic is that?

I have over 25 years experience as a multi-million dollar engineer project manager, and I don't even need to have it to smell this bullll#$@% from 10 miles away.

Wake the $#%#@ up, gamers!
I speak the truth, when nobody else even willing to give any answers.

Players need to stop hoping something is going to change, because we are now over 3 YEARS, since the original development concept, and it is a complete and utter disaster.
The train is riding its rickety tracks, and is approaching a solid brick wall, instead of an end of the line cliff.
Personally, I do not think it will reach the brick wall (UbiSoft formal cancellation announcement), before it falls off the tracks (complete loss of remaining players in game).
The second will cause the first, not the first cause the second now.
RUN AWAY!

Something has to give, and its not going to be UbiSoft including ANY rational answers, which in reality are going to be ZERO anyway, because any answer is counterproductive to the remaining countdown the game has left.

Eener101
09-10-2015, 05:58 PM
On Saturday there will be an article out on the web which will explain a lot why I have been defending this game and why I have so high hopes for it. Stay tuned.

We have had many promisses and had hope for like what? 2 and a half years now? Promise and potential alone is not enough.

The only thing that can truly set this game right would mean abondoning the current path completely, revert the game to a much earlier state, undoing many of the stuff they have the past year and a half and build again from there.

But if you do have 20 years of experience in IT you know that aint gonna happen. But seeing how you acted so far, you are 100% fine with most of the current path for this game anyway. Which makes your opinion and what is good and healthy for this game to be truly enjoyed by others, completely moot.

This game will most likely just become an even bigger moneytrap with more sparkles and hooha thrown on top to ensnare more gullible people. They want to become a next clash of clans (in other words they don't give a crud about their product or its customers)

But hey, miracles do occur sometimes...

QuadraticAdam
09-10-2015, 11:30 PM
On Saturday there will be an article out on the web which will explain a lot why I have been defending this game and why I have so high hopes for it. Stay tuned.Please link me to that article on Steam, if it's not posted here in the forums.

As for my take... I was told by someone who may or may not be still on the MQEL project, that the next significant update wasn't going to be ready until the end of the year. So, like many, I'm sitting in hibernation mode, only logging in to collect mines and re-roll gear.

Do I have a vested interest in seeing this game succeed? Yes, so long as I have items up on the Steam for sale. After that, it's really on the game's own merits whether or not it can grow, or die.

GL HF
(And buy my stuff!)

WorldWWilliam
09-11-2015, 02:55 AM
@Lord_Silvador
Thus I ask, is there any point to remaining and seeing what lays in store for this game

-Me, Explaining how I've talked directly with the devs multiple times and has seen how effective the devs are over the years and I'm saying: No.
-Blackknight, Explains you how the very MQEL team is quitting and how obviously bad that is, Is saying: No
-Eener101, Explains how it's been 2 and a half years (or more) of false potential and promises saying: No

-XaeroTheHero, Who has invested 100's or thousands of dollars (and because he has spent that much money) he likes the current state of the game is saying: Yes.
-Quandraticadam, Has stuff on sale on steam and needs people to play to have customers is saying: Yes.

Those are the statements, It's up to you if you think it's worth continuing to play.

XaeroTheHero
09-11-2015, 08:52 AM
We have had many promisses and had hope for like what? 2 and a half years now? Promise and potential alone is not enough.

The only thing that can truly set this game right would mean abondoning the current path completely, revert the game to a much earlier state, undoing many of the stuff they have the past year and a half and build again from there.

But if you do have 20 years of experience in IT you know that aint gonna happen. But seeing how you acted so far, you are 100% fine with most of the current path for this game anyway. Which makes your opinion and what is good and healthy for this game to be truly enjoyed by others, completely moot.

This game will most likely just become an even bigger moneytrap with more sparkles and hooha thrown on top to ensnare more gullible people. They want to become a next clash of clans (in other words they don't give a crud about their product or its customers)

But hey, miracles do occur sometimes...

You have completely misunderstood my general standing towards the game. I have never said that I in general think it's fine, I have no idea where you got that from. Also, the information coming out tomorrow will be from me, not from Ubisoft.

XaeroTheHero
09-11-2015, 08:53 AM
@Lord_Silvador
Thus I ask, is there any point to remaining and seeing what lays in store for this game

-Me, Explaining how I've talked directly with the devs multiple times and has seen how effective the devs are over the years and I'm saying: No.
-Blackknight, Explains you how the very MQEL team is quitting and how obviously bad that is, Is saying: No
-Eener101, Explains how it's been 2 and a half years (or more) of false potential and promises saying: No

-XaeroTheHero, Who has invested 100's or thousands of dollars (and because he has spent that much money) he likes the current state of the game is saying: Yes.
-Quandraticadam, Has stuff on sale on steam and needs people to play to have customers is saying: Yes.

Those are the statements, It's up to you if you think it's worth continuing to play.

No, totally wrong. You have no clue what so ever what my intention for this game is.

Hereticide
09-12-2015, 02:47 AM
Xaero, I also second that it'd be nice to have a link to where the information will be shared, because if the information is posted here it will likely be deleted. Having the link in advance to a third party medium will be best for maintaining the integrity of the announcement.

This is probably a good place xD
(http://www.magnumopus.se/forum/viewforum.php?f=9)

x-BlackKnight-x
09-12-2015, 03:15 AM
The bottom line here is Xaero's "sales pitch" idea to save the game forwarded though UbiSoft FAILED.
It was formally rejected by the developer.
Good efforts, but still just a fart in the wind.
I don't even think the publisher took a second glance at an alternative to sell the rights and property to a company that could repair the irreparable damage that has been caused by the multiple levels of incompetence, greed, and laziness.

He is just reporting the inconsequential results tomorrow.

Never assume that I do not know what is going on, but as time continues to pass, I get more and more direct.
I am not going to call somebody names if they made efforts, even if my opinion differs.
They have a right to pursue their goals.
But, I also am entitled to my opinion.
Why?
I defended my country, the constitution, and my freedom of speech.
Not all of UbiSoft is based overseas, particularly management.

I don't like people wasting personal time on garbage entertainment products, and people have a right to know the truth.
The game is scheduled for cancellation, once the "threshold mark" is reached.

Eener101
09-12-2015, 10:02 AM
The bottom line here is Xaero's "sales pitch" idea to save the game forwarded though UbiSoft FAILED.
I don't even think the publisher took a second glance at an alternative to sell the rights and property to a company that could repair the irreparable damage that has been caused by the multiple levels of incompetence, greed, and laziness.

Never assume that I do not know what is going on, but as time continues to pass, I get more and more direct.
I am not going to call somebody names if they made efforts, even if my opinion differs.
Why?

I don't like people wasting personal time on garbage entertainment products, and people have a right to know the truth.

Yeah, that's what I figured aswell. Anything comming from ubisoft to try and "save" the game would have been along the lines of trying to turn it even more into a clash of clans or candy crush type game: ie: utter vile, heinous, predatory, garbage nickle and diming products disguised by a veneer of nice and friendly graphics. Which at this stage is most likely a waste of resources for them. And even if this is the direction they are going for then I'd want this game to die because I see kids playing utter **** every day not realizing how badly they are being manipulated and exploited.

Their own greed and incompetence sunk this ship. A waste of potential. Shame.

XaeroTheHero
09-12-2015, 02:34 PM

Why?

A €750,000 offer on a dead game is hardly a "fart in the wind". Maybe it is to you, but to me it is a decent amount of money.

XaeroTheHero
09-12-2015, 02:37 PM
Xaero, I also second that it'd be nice to have a link to where the information will be shared, because if the information is posted here it will likely be deleted. Having the link in advance to a third party medium will be best for maintaining the integrity of the announcement.

This is probably a good place xD
(http://www.magnumopus.se/forum/viewforum.php?f=9)

The Article is now up on 2 places, johnniefromtheblog.com and magnumopus.se

Lord_Silvador
09-12-2015, 03:08 PM
A €750,000 offer on a dead game is hardly a "fart in the wind". Maybe it is to you, but to me it is a decent amount of money.

You may not think it is a "fart in the wind", but to Ubisoft, I dare say it is. They make how many millions on their AAA titles? Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you should have offered more, or something like that, I'm just pointing out that for a game like this, which has clearly been left for dead by the community, Ubisoft likely don't see such a minor sum as worth their time to invest in this proverbial sinking ship.

That said, with that kind of money, why not make your own game. I enjoy this game immensely (despite the losers who simply spam hordes of monsters in one room) and would greatly love to play it more. I'd even be willing to spend money on it, if I knew it was going to be a worthwhile investment in the game and my time playing it. The graphics/aesthetics need not even be of the same calibur; hell, make them 8bit 2D, the concept alone is enough to carry a game like this, if those working on it give enough of a crap to work on it properly.

XaeroTheHero
09-12-2015, 03:33 PM
You may not think it is a "fart in the wind", but to Ubisoft, I dare say it is. They make how many millions on their AAA titles? Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you should have offered more, or something like that, I'm just pointing out that for a game like this, which has clearly been left for dead by the community, Ubisoft likely don't see such a minor sum as worth their time to invest in this proverbial sinking ship.

That said, with that kind of money, why not make your own game. I enjoy this game immensely (despite the losers who simply spam hordes of monsters in one room) and would greatly love to play it more. I'd even be willing to spend money on it, if I knew it was going to be a worthwhile investment in the game and my time playing it. The graphics/aesthetics need not even be of the same calibur; hell, make them 8bit 2D, the concept alone is enough to carry a game like this, if those working on it give enough of a crap to work on it properly.

It doesn't really work like that. Even though Ubisoft as whole has and deals with large money, each and every game has it''s own budget and "company". MQEL as such has no budget anymore, hence €750.000 would be enough to run and develop the game for 3 years. Meanwhile our new business model had been in place, we would have made back that €750K within 2 years and expected to make €1mil year three. But, that won't happen now.

Lord_Silvador
09-12-2015, 03:41 PM
It doesn't really work like that. Even though Ubisoft as whole has and deals with large money, each and every game has it''s own budget and "company". MQEL as such has no budget anymore, hence €750.000 would be enough to run and develop the game for 3 years. Meanwhile our new business model had been in place, we would have made back that €750K within 2 years and expected to make €1mil year three. But, that won't happen now.

Well, whatever the reason Ubisoft has ignored it, it is their loss.

I still say put that money to use and make your own version of the game with it. There's no shortage of games that emulate similar gameplay styles to others. And I've seem games be made from much less, and become so much more. With that kind of money you have a solid foundation to start and I dare say, with a reasonable outline for future production, you could raise even more with crowdfunding. The game is fun. The implementation of the game is what has driven this particular iteration into the ground. Make your own game and show Ubisoft what they have turned down.

You wanted a chance to be the driving force behind this game, to see it flourish. Don't let Ubisoft's cold shoulder stop you from doing so.

Zefirah
09-12-2015, 03:54 PM

Thank you for trying to save the game, Xaero! You certainly did your very best. I think we all agree on the potential this game has. A great game still can be created, but it would have to be created from scratch in that case. Nevertheless that offers the potential to be far better than MQFEL ever could be. I could potentially provide financing for such an endeavour once the world switches to asset backed currency (not before that time).

Anyway.....it seems like a perfect time to quit this game.

Zefirah
09-12-2015, 04:44 PM
Xaero, I am just curious....would you be willing and capable to start a game like MQFEL from scratch? If so, what kind of budget do you expect to need for that?

As I previously stated I might potentially be able to provide funding in the future, but that is no guarantee as my investments could be said to be tied up in 'intelligence operations' and considering the level of corruption and backstabbing that goes on there nothing truly is certain. Nevertheless I likely stand to gain a lot once the USD gets deposed.

XaeroTheHero
09-12-2015, 05:00 PM
Xaero, I am just curious....would you be willing and capable to start a game like MQFEL from scratch? If so, what kind of budget do you expect to need for that?

As I previously stated I might potentially be able to provide funding in the future, but that is no guarantee as my investments could be said to be tied up in 'intelligence operations' and considering the level of corruption and backstabbing that goes on there nothing truly is certain. Nevertheless I likely stand to gain a lot once the USD gets deposed.

At this point we are not interested in starting from scratch. How ever, on Monday our offer goes to another game maker that has something really cool in the making.

Zefirah
09-12-2015, 05:14 PM
At this point we are not interested in starting from scratch. How ever, on Monday our offer goes to another game maker that has something really cool in the making.

Good luck with that new project!

Eener101
09-12-2015, 06:52 PM
So, in the end all us "naysayers" and doom thinkers were right afterall. I can't deny having a smug sens of satisfaction at having been right all along yet again.

It is a shame for what the game once was and could have been though.

Oh well, plenty of games with competent teams behind them that do deserve attention. (plenty of moneygrubbing games aswell. The fight continues!)

Flamedog72
09-12-2015, 07:03 PM
so the supposed big news you had that you claimed we should stick around and wait for is that they game is not gonna be worked on by anyone, shocking.

Zefirah
09-12-2015, 11:59 PM
@ Xaero

I suppose for you this might even be a good thing. You can just wait until the number of players drop like a rock (if that still can be said at these amounts) and buy MQFEL for much less from Ubisoft at a later time.

Next time you might want to try to call or make an appointment with an Ubisoft executive, so that you are sure they have read/listened to your offer. Either way, I suppose that I am done with this game, whether someone saves it or not.

@ BlackKnight

Congratulations on having been proven right ultimately.

Hereticide
09-13-2015, 12:56 AM
I still retain a countless number of Electronic Arts contacts and have myself an extensive network ranging from 3rd party QA offices to programmers in World of Tanks etc. Fullsail did one thing right and that was help set a good foundation to expand upon but my time at EA Tiburon helped a lot more. If you decide you need someone with a great track record in QA and design, let me know, and I'll do it full time even if through an online portal lol

Cheers and good luck to everyone

IMBIGNSCAREY
09-13-2015, 04:37 AM
The Article is now up on 2 places, johnniefromtheblog.com and magnumopus.se

Interesting news, thanks for posting. I would have liked to read the letter of offer you and your 'Dragons' sent to the Yves Guillemot as that may hold clues as to why you were ignored. You and your unknown 'Dragons' were asking for a majority partnership with Ubisoft... I think you would have had more success making an offer for outright rights ownage, because you're not affiliated with any recognized game development studio or company - why would the CEO of Ubisoft consider a partnership with some investors with contacts and money? I think he'd have been more than receptive if you made a frank assessment of the title, its state and its Steam reviews then offered to take it off his hands entirely. But that's just my gut feeling on this matter... partnership wouldn't be the right choice for them so ignored. But if you feel you'd need their resources and staff to take MQEL forward then I understand why you'd ask for a partnership.

Thanks for your efforts XaeroTheHero - I think 99% of MQEL players say the concept is strong but the game isn't. I see a lot of players who would support a game like MQEL 'done right'. It's not something I could manage but if you have time, contacts and money I reckon you should consider at least doing a Kickstarter project for a MQEL done right (If it was my project I'd be torn to even mention this game anywhere in the Kickstarter as it evokes such negative connotations in past players). Anyway... food for thought. You liked this game - there will be a void to be filled when this game goes offline. If you build it... he will come.

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/c9/c9f97d4703c3a0ed43e7621bcdd15f4a8f7161304b92b2b14e aa9019aa2f1bde.jpg

XaeroTheHero
09-13-2015, 09:32 AM
So, in the end all us "naysayers" and doom thinkers were right afterall. I can't deny having a smug sens of satisfaction at having been right all along yet again.

It is a shame for what the game once was and could have been though.

Oh well, plenty of games with competent teams behind them that do deserve attention. (plenty of moneygrubbing games aswell. The fight continues!)

You, and many other nay-Sayers based your doomsday propaganda on guesses. You would have had the same success by just flipping a coin calling tails. If our purchase of MQEL had worked, you would have ended up being wrong. At least we tried all we could to save the game, while you and your doomsday crew did all you could to destroy the community. And trust me, the nay-sayer crew negative attitude on the forum has had more impact on the game termination than you can imagine.

XaeroTheHero
09-13-2015, 09:37 AM
Interesting news, thanks for posting. I would have liked to read the letter of offer you and your 'Dragons' sent to the Yves Guillemot as that may hold clues as to why you were ignored. You and your unknown 'Dragons' were asking for a majority partnership with Ubisoft... I think you would have had more success making an offer for outright rights ownage, because you're not affiliated with any recognized game development studio or company - why would the CEO of Ubisoft consider a partnership with some investors with contacts and money? I think he'd have been more than receptive if you made a frank assessment of the title, its state and its Steam reviews then offered to take it off his hands entirely. But that's just my gut feeling on this matter... partnership wouldn't be the right choice for them so ignored. But if you feel you'd need their resources and staff to take MQEL forward then I understand why you'd ask for a partnership.

Thanks for your efforts XaeroTheHero - I think 99% of MQEL players say the concept is strong but the game isn't. I see a lot of players who would support a game like MQEL 'done right'. It's not something I could manage but if you have time, contacts and money I reckon you should consider at least doing a Kickstarter project for a MQEL done right (If it was my project I'd be torn to even mention this game anywhere in the Kickstarter as it evokes such negative connotations in past players). Anyway... food for thought. You liked this game - there will be a void to be filled when this game goes offline. If you build it... he will come.

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/c9/c9f97d4703c3a0ed43e7621bcdd15f4a8f7161304b92b2b14e aa9019aa2f1bde.jpg

There's many reasons to why we wanted to buy 51% and not 100%. The game would still be a "Ubisoft" product, but managed and road mapped by us. It would still run in Ubisoft portfolio. Our rough draft of terms looked like this:

Me and my investors will be the creative directors of MQEL and the driving force of the development and road map.
Me and my investors collect 40% of all revenue gained from MQEL.
Ubisoft supply a development team that can maintain the development with patches and updates 1-2 times a month.
Ubisoft collect 60% of all revenue gained from MQEL.
Ubisoft is responsible for all personnel and server operation costs. Initially using our invested capital, but over time using revenue from the game.

Zefirah
09-13-2015, 10:34 AM
There's many reasons to why we wanted to buy 51% and not 100%. The game would still be a "Ubisoft" product, but managed and road mapped by us. It would still run in Ubisoft portfolio. Our rough draft of terms looked like this:

Me and my investors will be the creative directors of MQEL and the driving force of the development and road map.
Ubisoft supply a development team that can maintain the development with patches and updates 1-2 times a month.
Ubisoft is responsible for all personnel and server operation costs. Initially using our invested capital, but over time using revenue from the game.

Ah, so in essence all future risk above and beyond the 750,000 euro (which is nevertheless a not insignificant sum of money) is directed at Ubisoft. I can understand why the CEO might have turned that down in fear of it turning into an even greater money sink. I think you would do better by repackaging the deal. Give them (far) less money up front, but far less or even no downside risk and wait a while to make the offer of less money more palatable as a result of an almost non-existent player base.

XaeroTheHero
09-13-2015, 01:39 PM
Ah, so in essence all future risk above and beyond the 750,000 euro (which is nevertheless a not insignificant sum of money) is directed at Ubisoft. I can understand why the CEO might have turned that down in fear of it turning into an even greater money sink. I think you would do better by repackaging the deal. Give them (far) less money up front, but far less or even no downside risk and wait a while to make the offer of less money more palatable as a result of an almost non-existent player base.

No, not at all. You have misunderstood it. Only the maintenance personnel and server operations would be the responsibility of Ubisoft. We have our own development team and would carry all the development cost. We would serve Ubisoft with the actual code. Also, this was a rough draft that was open for negotiation. Any professional company would at least respond with a request for a meeting. Also, €750K would cover all operational and personnel cost for 2 years, where we would take 100% of the financial risk and only 40% of the profits, which is a very VERY generous offer.

Lord_Silvador
09-13-2015, 05:05 PM
You're assuming of course that Ubisoft even want anything to do with this game, now or in the future. You've said it yourself, they've all but shut the servers down entirely. They're taken the driver out of the car, let the gas tank run dry and left the car to coast to a halt on an old, dusty, deserted desert road where no one goes.

Your offer clearly requests that they still put some effort into the game, that they still invest time and resources, however small, in a game they may very well not even want any more. As I've stated in an earlier post, MGEL represents a minor dip in the ocean compared to all their other AAA titles, Watch_Dogs, Assassin's Creed, and more. Why should they care about the flailings or flourishings of a free to play, half-hacked half-an-hour-a-day game that a lot of people probably don't even know about, let alone care about when they can put their attention to milking more money out of their greater fanbase through DLC for the next AAA title.

You're looking at this as a gamer. They're looking at this as a paycheck. And to them, they're not seeing enough zero's on that slip of paper for it to be even worth their consideration to reply, let alone make any kind of deal.

Zefirah
09-13-2015, 05:31 PM
@ Xaero

That certainly makes the deal a lot better than the way you initially phrased it. Maybe Ubisoft is afraid of giving away control, whilst having their name still attached.

They have a reputation to protect after all of making quality games such as this one. Just joking.

Nevertheless you might be better of taking control of the game entirely. Just go for 100% of the profits. I cannot imagine it to be very worthwhile to stick with Ubisoft merely for the name, the server- and maintenance costs (which would seem relatively minor in comparison to the development costs).

XaeroTheHero
09-13-2015, 07:23 PM
You're assuming of course that Ubisoft even want anything to do with this game, now or in the future. You've said it yourself, they've all but shut the servers down entirely. They're taken the driver out of the car, let the gas tank run dry and left the car to coast to a halt on an old, dusty, deserted desert road where no one goes.

Your offer clearly requests that they still put some effort into the game, that they still invest time and resources, however small, in a game they may very well not even want any more. As I've stated in an earlier post, MGEL represents a minor dip in the ocean compared to all their other AAA titles, Watch_Dogs, Assassin's Creed, and more. Why should they care about the flailings or flourishings of a free to play, half-hacked half-an-hour-a-day game that a lot of people probably don't even know about, let alone care about when they can put their attention to milking more money out of their greater fanbase through DLC for the next AAA title.

You're looking at this as a gamer. They're looking at this as a paycheck. And to them, they're not seeing enough zero's on that slip of paper for it to be even worth their consideration to reply, let alone make any kind of deal.

Actually no, I was looking to buy MQEL out of the paycheck perspective. We have developed a very nice and profitable business model that would suit this game perfectly.

Eener101
09-13-2015, 07:32 PM

What this sounds like to a cynic like me is: You'd be picking up with the game in the exact same ****ty direction it was already going. But instead of nothing happening anymore it would be going down that road full steam.

WorldWWilliam
09-13-2015, 07:58 PM
You, and many other nay-Sayers based your doomsday propaganda on guesses. You would have had the same success by just flipping a coin calling tails. And trust me, the nay-sayer crew negative attitude on the forum has had more impact on the game termination than you can imagine.
First off, us "nay sayers" aren't guessing we have played this game and been part of the community for years, Witnessing the MQEL make stupid decisions and fail time and time again. The reason we "Nay say" is based of years of evidence and facts.

Secondly, I've been apart of a fair few dying games communities before and I know even just talking about the game dying contributes to the death of the game, So oh I know how much talking about the game in a negative attitude and in depth discussion of the dying games failures can effect the game.
But as I've said before, I've spent years trying to fix this game and I'm over the MQEL teams incompetence so putting the game at risk of dying will either, A:Kill the game or B:Force drastic renovations and I'm fine with either one at this point because the current state of the game isn't worth maintaining.

But like others have said if you do start up your own "version of MQEL" from scratch and it's not P2W or anything I'll be more then happy to support it. (Because honestly trying to buy out MQEL isn't going to happen.)

Eener101
09-13-2015, 08:39 PM
You, and many other nay-Sayers based your doomsday propaganda on guesses. You would have had the same success by just flipping a coin calling tails. If our purchase of MQEL had worked, you would have ended up being wrong. At least we tried all we could to save the game, while you and your doomsday crew did all you could to destroy the community. And trust me, the nay-sayer crew negative attitude on the forum has had more impact on the game termination than you can imagine.

Nope, I based my "propaganda" on very substantial experience within the current gaming market picking up on the happenings and the changes with this game. And turns out I was right, as I have been on numerous other occasions with different games before, sadly. Again, it is not propaganda, it is being able to pick up signs and being able to predict courses from previous experiences.

And being a "naysayer" has been a consequence of the game and the devs. I started out loving this game. You shifting around blame and pointing at us like some kind of bad guys shows your warped perspective and says I'm very right in my view that you not getting the game either is very much a godsent for the gaming market and future gamers. If anyone else wants to pick up this game or make a similar game, they have my blessing if they don't turn this into a vile moneymilking scam disquised as a game.

If anything, our negative attitude saved a lot of people from getting scammed by this pos and investing time into it and frankly, I am glad about that. That is my duty as a critical gamer to my fellow gamers. I want to make the gaming market a better place for consumers, for US. Not just for people with more disposable money then brains who don't care about games and just want to mindlessly click something, spend cash and feel better then others because "they earned it"

XaeroTheHero
09-14-2015, 04:40 AM
What this sounds like to a cynic like me is: You'd be picking up with the game in the exact same ****ty direction it was already going. But instead of nothing happening anymore it would be going down that road full steam.

No it wouldn't. And you don't know that since you have no idea what our suggested road map look like.

x-BlackKnight-x
09-14-2015, 05:02 PM
All,

Well I finally had an time to read the article.

Nothing really surprised me, particularly the information on UbiSoft's side was what I already knew.
I reported this information in previous postings.
The creative director departing and the break up of the development team (and CM) occurred in prep well earlier than 2 months.
I wish people would have listened to me a bit earlier.

Not much of a naysayer, but negative surely I qualify.
You cannot be a naysayer, if you speak the truth.
Throwing stones at the players at the forums based on our desire to want the game fixed after 2 years, and for the few of us that actually were around during the original development phase and know what the heck is going on, even before it went alpha would never solve anything.

You cannot dismiss over 2 years of involvement and suggestions that were ignored by a developer by THOUSANDS OF PLAYERS!!!
Just look at the old forums, the postings are all still there, rattled through the sheepish ignorance of multiple community managers that barely had an idea of what was really going on, understood the game, or even bothered to play the piece of entertainment (which at this point is "cake is a lie" fallacy belief that this was even a game in the first place, because it WAS NEVER INTENTIONED TO BE SO).

Remember the repeated saying folks, "hate the game, not the players"?
Same mistake, different day.

Players and supporters have a right to be irate, because UbiSoft lied about their intentions and never lived up to promises that ultimately were false.
The game was well destined for failure LONG before now.
In fact the writing was on the wall clearly in August 2014 after the whole, "Open Creation" bull%#%$ fiasco, that had a partial outrage, and lost nearly all the remaining veterans in the game nearly overnight.

Best of luck on your next project endeavor, Xaero.
Whatever your "road map" was, I am sure it was lofty, but it takes a hell of a lot more than four people to pull a project like this out of the toilet.

UbiSoft keeps being unwilling to admit truths to the community, but their decisions lost a TON of gamers over this project.
Much more than they realized, just like Xaero's mention about the impact of comments on the MQEL forums.

Did they have an impact?
You bet they did!
UbiSoft needed to KNOW players were UNHAPPY, not lemmings willing to walk off the cliff, or open their wallets and stream money into the black hole.
Players deserve better!
I fought for the players, the community, and the quality of the project.
I was one of the vanguards, that did not "roll over" to be placated, even when UbiSoft wanted me to be.
Some hated me, some liked me, but I did not care one way or another.
Just like Ener, WWW, and others, we did make a difference.
At the end of the day though, when the milk soured, you cannot make believe something is there when it isn't.
That kind of blind enthusiasm leads to all sorts of bad choices in life. (Insert creative analogy here, I have many)

UbiSoft might not care now, but just like Electronic Arts, the price is paid in the long haul.
The death of another game corporation has started just like Activision, Atari, Sega, Nintendo, or Bullfrog.
UbiSoft will eventually fall, not because of the projects themselves , but because this is not the first poorly handled and management project in the past 10 years.

No trust = no community = no support = no sales = no profit

Amazing how a multi-billion dollar publisher does not understand the simplest of concepts?
Just like when I do engineer projects with the "Rule of Three", Time, Money, Quality.
You can only do two out of three well, but people believe the contrary.
Don't like the truth and getting angry again, UbiSoft?
No problem, your loss.

I just wish UbiSoft would just shut the servers down, and give the final announcement, because players are STILL pouring money into this piece of crap.

My last prediction?
UbiSoft will not report or give a single public announcement until they wring the last amount of dollars and cents out of this project at the complete expense of scapegoating and butt $%#@ing every single last person left in the player community.

UbiSoft WILL however continue to send out useless news messages, worthless trophy awards using automated servers, and a bunch of other rotten carrots to make be potentially believe this is some type of development future.

Anybody want to bet against me again?
I have a pretty good track record over the past 2 1/2 years.

Zefirah
09-14-2015, 07:32 PM
You are right, BlackKnight. Ubisoft consists of liars. They had no intention of even completing the roadmap. The roadmap only served to make players spend money on the game. The problem is that moves like these by Ubisoft are like boomerangs....they come back and hit Ubisoft in the face. Without mutual respect, there is no company.

I will do my best to boycott Ubisoft games in the future....I might even take some short positions along the way.

guest-kdK9ZvCs
09-14-2015, 08:58 PM
I played this game and lurked the forums from the start. And I got to say I found more entertainment on the MQEL forums (both old and new) than the game itself.

I love how the members changed over the years. I loved how members try to support and defend it while others try their best to dismantle it and wish it to end. Its amazing how this game affected these peoples lives and how they reacted to it when things didn't go well. Some handled it more elegantly than others, some went for simpler solutions, some cant simply move on because of varying reasons. Some turned bitter, some kept on fighting, some switched sides. I myself am very neutral about it because the state of the game generates posts on the forums and that's what I am interested in. It is a very interesting story which can be turned into a book if given time.

Thing are moving to a certain direction so it would seem, and I am excited to see how this would turn out after a few weeks or months. I just wanted to share my thoughts just in case. Thank you everyone, and keep it up! \m/

x-BlackKnight-x
09-14-2015, 11:32 PM
You are right, BlackKnight. Ubisoft consists of liars. They had no intention of even completing the roadmap. The roadmap only served to make players spend money on the game. The problem is that moves like these by Ubisoft are like boomerangs....they come back and hit Ubisoft in the face. Without mutual respect, there is no company.

I will do my best to boycott Ubisoft games in the future....I might even take some short positions along the way.

You should boycott, UbiSoft.

I already have, and continue to make sure people know the current developments in the industry.
I do not have to present a $850,000 check (Euros converted to US dollars) to a corrupt game publisher to make my point either.
That borderlines on insanity to even remotely consider giving 49% of remaining control to UbiSoft on this project.
They would not do a single damn thing different, and just consider everything "meh profit" with a money rake.
I would rather burn the money in a furnace to keep warm in the winter, than give provide that trust based on what happened in this particular development case.
I guess you all can gather what my REAL opinion is on this "offer" that was presented, but I remain respectful based on another's goals.

This "game" exemplifies an example of one of worst managed projects in the last 5 years (there are a handful of others that ACTUALLY beat this hands down, surprisingly).
The only other potentially one I can see coming down the tracks is Star Citizen and crowd funding, which I clearly did not support.
Chris Roberts is about to have a lynch mob on his hands, and does not have the amorphous shield that UbiSoft hides behind in development.
The game industry as cutthroat as it is needs people that understand what gamers want, not provide shinies to distract, nor managers that have "$#%@ for brains".

Personally, I would rather have a lobbying to shut this game down on the forums, but it would not matter because:
1) UbiSoft would not listen anyway, nor do they really have anybody listening
2) I will not lead the charge, out of the fact I will not beat my head against the same brick wall
3) Life is short, and I have many adventures outside of electronic entertainment

I will continue to post on this forum periodically, and in Steam to ensure people know the truth.

Melodiam
09-14-2015, 11:43 PM
It is a pity that UBI did not take you up on your offer, as it would have been good to have someone actually working on improving the game for once.

However, it is probably something of a blessing as well that they ignored your offer. UBI has created a lot of long term, negative publicity for Mighty Quest over the years of mismanagement, They managed to burn quite a few bridges in Mighty Quests run. So not only would you be working your asses off trying to fix this huge mess of a game, but also at the same time trying to coax the players to return and give it another try once more. This seems like a lot of work on your part, with UBI sitting back while still snagging a good share of any potential profits your work would create. Honestly, it sounded like a pretty raw deal for you guys.

I am also honestly quite surprised that Mighty Quest is still even running at this point. The last real effort on UBIs part I believe was the introduction of the rather unpopular 'Turbo Mode'. Everything since then was just character skill tweaking, and the occasional introducing 'Most Wanted'; which even this most minimal of effort has not even occurred in the last few months now.

I suspect the complete roster for the UBI team for Mighty Quest consists completely of Augon, whos effort seems to consist of occasionally popping in occasionally both in forum and in game (nothing against him personally, I should add. I am certain that this is the extent of his job, and that he is doing it as required, but just pointing out there is a very noticeable lack of any type of development work)

Black Knight had mentioned that there is a lot of work in fixing Mighty Quest for a team of 4 people, however I would also imagine the current development team of 0 is probably indeed having a very hard time keeping up on their roadmap :D

It really does not take a genius to see that Mighty Quest is winding down. The forum has around 15 active users perhaps, and I suspect not more then a few hundred players for the game itself. The game is a virtual ghost town, where i see an attack perhaps 1-2 times a week now.

I suspect that UBI has currently cut every possible expense they can, and once the games meager income is surpassed by their minimum possible cost, it is lights out time. A buy-out might have been the Hail Mary reprieve that Mighty Quest needed to continue, but without it, I cannot imagine it will be long at all before this ride is at long last over.

x-BlackKnight-x
09-15-2015, 12:17 AM
No, totally wrong. You have no clue what so ever what my intention for this game is.

My only question is why do you to continue to defend this lost cause train wreck?
You used the word, "IS", not "WAS" in your plan.
Are you still trying to believe in false hope?
HOPE IS NOT A METHOD OF PLANNING! (Military Trademark)

You cannot possibly have the the development support to manage the requirements.
Even UbiSoft knew that.
UbiSoft is not going to sell you the rights, artwork, code, or development at a discount price.
They are to use this project as a tax write off, and throw it in the UbiSoft archives.
You may be a successful IT developer, but I don't see the requirements needed for being a manager of a multi-million dollar project of this nature.
It did not "pop out" in your article, either.
I do not need your resume, but investors do not equal developers or planners.
I could give countless examples of this mistake in history.

In your defense however, neither did the other 4 past UbiSoft creative managers, when the pressure cooker starts to weigh down from the top.
Most were given unseasoned, unskilled, new, and inept team members after the game went into Beta.
Just more mismanagement from UbiSoft, when they kept shifting talent away from MQEL.

Watch_Dogs? What a joke, which tried to cash in on Grand Theft Auto formula sandbox.
Assassin's Creed? A dying franchise by using the same rinse and repeat formula with different eras of time.
Far Cry? Barely holding its own for now, but making the same mistakes as AC, because its the SAME GAME!
Remember the Silent Hunter 5 fiasco with DRM and online requirements? Oh boy, the hornet's nest was furious.
UbiSoft just keeps wringing the sponge, but the water is drying up.
They refuse to "wake up", until they all get fired or declare bankruptcy.
They have already completely pissed off the gaming community with incompetence.

Back to the real point...
By the time the MQEL got into release, over half the game was already outsourced to other UbiSoft departments.
This included the last "push" with a lackluster tutorial improvement that had been in development for several months, and was just a hollow release of details that was partially in the code.
By June 2015, nothing was left.

Dreams and wishes are not reality, no matter how illustrious as they may be.
That is what got UbiSoft into problems in the first place!

Zefirah
09-15-2015, 04:07 AM
The irony of the situation is that the best part of this game was without a doubt Irene's Mighty Meme thread.

No buyout offers for Irene's thread/skills yet?

XaeroTheHero
09-15-2015, 06:10 AM
My only question is why do you to continue to defend this lost cause train wreck?
You used the word, "IS", not "WAS" in your plan.
Are you still trying to believe in false hope?
HOPE IS NOT A METHOD OF PLANNING! (Military Trademark)

You cannot possibly have the the development support to manage the requirements.
Even UbiSoft knew that.
UbiSoft is not going to sell you the rights, artwork, code, or development at a discount price.
They are to use this project as a tax write off, and throw it in the UbiSoft archives.
You may be a successful IT developer, but I don't see the requirements needed for being a manager of a multi-million dollar project of this nature.
It did not "pop out" in your article, either.
I do not need your resume, but investors do not equal developers or planners.
I could give countless examples of this mistake in history.

In your defense however, neither did the other 4 past UbiSoft creative managers, when the pressure cooker starts to weigh down from the top.
Most were given unseasoned, unskilled, new, and inept team members after the game went into Beta.
Just more mismanagement from UbiSoft, when they kept shifting talent away from MQEL.

Watch_Dogs? What a joke, which tried to cash in on Grand Theft Auto formula sandbox.
Assassin's Creed? A dying franchise by using the same rinse and repeat formula with different eras of time.
Far Cry? Barely holding its own for now, but making the same mistakes as AC, because its the SAME GAME!
Remember the Silent Hunter 5 fiasco with DRM and online requirements? Oh boy, the hornet's nest was furious.
UbiSoft just keeps wringing the sponge, but the water is drying up.
They refuse to "wake up", until they all get fired or declare bankruptcy.
They have already completely pissed off the gaming community with incompetence.

Back to the real point...
By the time the MQEL got into release, over half the game was already outsourced to other UbiSoft departments.
This included the last "push" with a lackluster tutorial improvement that had been in development for several months, and was just a hollow release of details that was partially in the code.
By June 2015, nothing was left.

Dreams and wishes are not reality, no matter how illustrious as they may be.
That is what got UbiSoft into problems in the first place!

You are right. I should have said "was".
I have successfully lead development and implementation projects worth around $27mil USD. MQEL would be a small merit to add to my resumé in comparison. Anyhow, I think it turned out for the better. We had a very successful skype meeting with another game developer yesterday :)

x-BlackKnight-x
09-15-2015, 05:29 PM
You are right. I should have said "was".
I have successfully lead development and implementation projects worth around $27mil USD. MQEL would be a small merit to add to my resumé in comparison. Anyhow, I think it turned out for the better. We had a very successful skype meeting with another game developer yesterday :)

Fair enough, best of fortune on the opportunities of the future.
Yes, it was for the best.

BTW, anybody left remember the comments from UbiSoft development team members, the creative director, and CMs about how "UbiSoft has the data resources and indications that precludes that "we" know what the player's want and are directing the game to provide the best possible experience players deserve"?
I do, and still laugh at that series of misdirections.
I think I might have ticked off some people on my retort with that one too, when I called bull%#@$.

Ultimately to reuse one of many sayings:
"Don't piss down my back, and tell me it's raining".
Some people just keep thinking the shower is water, but the rude awakening is coming to a theatre near you soon enough.
How?
The same never ending aqualifer source of the "water" continues to do the "prison friends with benefits" rear facing dance with new players, one after another as the they enter the halls of Opulencia. It hits them as soon as they log on with messages to craft and buy things.
The scary part is some players actually like being butt $#%$ed, don't even care, or are too stupid, young, or inexperienced to know when they are being virtually steam engine rammed in the rear pie hole.

UbiSoft lost SEVERE credibility here, and it was their own damn fault.
No gamer that EVER touched this fallacy will most likely play another UbiSoft game for the rest of their lives.

I still feel like I am personally licking the salt out of my sore wounds after trusting this corporation to actually do the right thing for such a long time.
Fortunately, I was able to save my limbs before gangrene set in.

x-BlackKnight-x
09-15-2015, 08:56 PM
I suspect the complete roster for the UBI team for Mighty Quest consists completely of Aguton...

The MQEL team has no personnel, it was disbanded, quit, or fired.
The internal review was harsh after the creative manager basically said, "$#%@ you" to UbiSoft.

Aguton is just a bouncing rubber ball, community manager.
He is no longer formally assigned to these forums, and in reality never was in the first place, because he monitors multiple games.
He just occasionally "peruses" to make sure that things are not going to get completely out of control in order to keep UbiSoft from being slam danced to the floor.
Adams posting on the UbiSoft job opening for a Community Manager was just a another kick in the nutsack (and a good one, too).

Don't EVER expect any answers from UbiSoft, now.
Aguton will tow the party line, and only release what information UbiSoft management directs, or he will lose his job.
He has already watched the guillotine fall multiple times in the past 3 months.
Everybody needs a place to sleep, food to eat, and clothes on their back right?
I just don't believe in lying to people to accomplish these basic requirements.

WorldWWilliam
09-16-2015, 03:30 PM
The roadmap only served to make players spend money on the game. The problem is that moves like these by Ubisoft are like boomerangs....they come back and hit Ubisoft in the face.Everything they have done over the last few years has been to milk any money they can out of people, While knowing that almost everyone will regret spending that money soon after spending it.

Leaving bunch of frustrated people wasting there money, The only reason the game is still running is because it is still making money from milking people.

It wont hit them in the face it will barely scratch Ubisoft, It made them money it was a win, Most of ubisofts recent games have been pretty shoddy/p2w/money milking, and those games are way more high profile this means nothing. They will continue to scam people until the game dies and people will continue to defend this game till it's last breath. It sucks but it's the way the world is.

XaeroTheHero
09-16-2015, 06:13 PM
The MQEL team has no personnel, it was disbanded, quit, or fired.
The internal review was harsh after the creative manager basically said, "$#%@ you" to UbiSoft.

Aguton is just a bouncing rubber ball, community manager.
He is no longer formally assigned to these forums, and in reality never was in the first place, because he monitors multiple games.
He just occasionally "peruses" to make sure that things are not going to get completely out of control in order to keep UbiSoft from being slam danced to the floor.
Adams posting on the UbiSoft job opening for a Community Manager was just a another kick in the nutsack (and a good one, too).

Don't EVER expect any answers from UbiSoft, now.
Aguton will tow the party line, and only release what information UbiSoft management directs, or he will lose his job.
He has already watched the guillotine fall multiple times in the past 3 months.
Everybody needs a place to sleep, food to eat, and clothes on their back right?
I just don't believe in lying to people to accomplish these basic requirements.

There was never any Creative Manager. There was a Creative Director: Novitcz. And he did not say ""¤#% to Ubisoft, he is still with Ubisoft.
The internal review was not "Harsh", I have no idea how you made that up.
Aguton is not a he, it is a she.

guest-ToAEggHk
11-03-2015, 05:13 AM
I don't know it ever.. but i will try etuicoquesamsung (http://www.etuicoquesamsung.com) film protection samsung galaxy A8 (http://www.etuicoquesamsung.com/category-film-de-protection-%C3%A9cran-samsung-galaxy-a8-658.html)