PDA

View Full Version : Chandelle explained?

XyZspineZyX
06-17-2003, 08:22 PM
I'm not sure if I'm doing a Chandelle properly... after a head on, this is what you do to gain a bit of alt while turning a bit and not burning too much E, right? About how much should I be banking... 45deg?

XyZspineZyX
06-17-2003, 08:22 PM
I'm not sure if I'm doing a Chandelle properly... after a head on, this is what you do to gain a bit of alt while turning a bit and not burning too much E, right? About how much should I be banking... 45deg?

XyZspineZyX
06-17-2003, 08:31 PM
The type of chandelle that seems to work for me is...

1. High-speed with little speed loss.
2. Going up at a slight angle.
3. A turn to the right or left in such a way that you need little or no back pressure on the stick. This means around a 30 degree bank and sometimes less.

A chandelle should be very energy effecient. I have seen posted that the end result of a chandelle should have you near stall speed. I think that describes an elongated yo-yo or maybe an immelman.

Chandelle is a fast relaxed turn. Use it to get deep into the enemy's six when he has lower energy than you.

XyZspineZyX
06-17-2003, 08:45 PM
So, immediately after the head on, I'm watching him extend behind me... if he breaks into t a right Chandelle, I guess I should do the same? That way I'm heading toward his 6 instead of toward another head-on?

Ivan916 wrote:
- Chandelle is a fast relaxed turn. Use it to get deep
- into the enemy's six when he has lower energy than
- you.
-
-

XyZspineZyX
06-17-2003, 09:17 PM
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/Tailspin/index.htm

Click on Air to Air and then on the left side BFM-maneuvers.

There is a movie on this site that gives an idea.

Viking

XyZspineZyX
06-17-2003, 09:40 PM
I thought it was a half loop and half roll to increase alt. and change direction at the same time.I still think that.

XyZspineZyX
06-17-2003, 09:53 PM
WalterMitty wrote:
- I thought it was a half loop and half roll to
- increase alt. and change direction at the same
- time.I still think that.

What you describe above is an Immalman.

XyZspineZyX
06-17-2003, 11:12 PM
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mindmeld/tactics.htm#BFM%20vs%20ACM