PDA

View Full Version : Zombi - Remastered for PS4, Xbox1 and PC.

Dead1y-Derri
07-30-2015, 06:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIX5PNOyzTM

Zombi is coming to PS4, Xbox One and PC on August 18.

I've never played or really seen anything of this game so I think I will pick it up.

Kaffeebohnson
07-30-2015, 07:04 PM
So happy that it is also coming to PC. I will definitely buy a second copy, for the better load times alone.

I am thrilled that Ubisoft is giving this amazing game a second chance (if only to recoup development costs).
It is worth being experienced by more people. It is obviously a small project with a limited budget, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Keep ZombiU small and gritty.

Can't wait to see how they implemented the UI, especially the quickslots.

The only concern I have: In the trailer, it seems that they got rid of the dirty lens effect around bright light sources. That effect was crucial to the look and atmosphere of the game. I think the game will look a lot flatter and blander without it. I sincerely hope it will be in the final release!

P.s.: I really appreciate the new music track for the trailer. The original God save the Queen was simply amazing, and this new track is even more incredible. Any chance you can tell us where it is from? (I believe the original hymn was simply produced in-house with a contracted singer, so this might be similar? Such geniuses...)

UbiChrisMANG
08-11-2015, 11:33 PM
I'm not sure if the trailer tune is a special mix or not but there is a bigger version of it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el_ewHHQ2Eg

zverbx18
08-12-2015, 02:52 PM
What are the system requirements for PC version? Thanks.

UbiChrisMANG
08-12-2015, 07:23 PM
What are the system requirements for PC version? Thanks.

I checked into it and found that we will be able to share this information and more very soon. Things are being checked for accuracy before being published as we speak! So stay tuned, maybe a day or so more and I will hit the thread back to answer this question when we have a green light to share the requirements.

UbiChrisMANG
08-13-2015, 06:34 PM
I checked into it and found that we will be able to share this information and more very soon. Things are being checked for accuracy before being published as we speak! So stay tuned, maybe a day or so more and I will hit the thread back to answer this question when we have a green light to share the requirements.

So, the official word is that the information is being released Monday at Midnight. Sorry gang, I can't share the information until then.

DeaD1te
08-15-2015, 11:10 AM
so... the information is being released about the game once the game is released? or is the release date changed from the 18th (Tuesday)?

Vtx3D
08-16-2015, 12:22 AM
Never played the original, but I love fps's, including zombi & survival games alike (except those multiplayer only, crafting things. Not my cup of tea, too much hassle)
I guess I shouldn't have bothered asking for it on UBI's FB profile, since the announcement surfaced around 30th of July. I mean, if the re-release were to be changed that much from the original, iron sights I wished for would have been visible on the trailer. I'm in mainly for the weapons anyway, and since sound and graphics are to be improved that's enough for me. Much like recently released Toy Soldiers, will Zombi release on Steam? I'm waiting to pick it up.

Forgive my english, please.

sonicnerd14
08-17-2015, 12:22 AM
The wiry thing for me though is that since this game was announced at the end of July, like two weeks before the game release, then shouldn't it basically be done? They obviously have been working on this remaster for a while, so how come system requirements for PC, price details, and stuff like that wasn't announced when the game was announced? Even games like Metal Gear Solid V and Mad Max which were announced last year, but are coming out the beginning of next month, have announced those system reqs months ago. Not bashing the game, but I'm just really suspicious about how this product will turn out.

Vtx3D
08-17-2015, 12:22 PM
The wiry thing for me though is that since this game was announced at the end of July, like two weeks before the game release, then shouldn't it basically be done? They obviously have been working on this remaster for a while, so how come system requirements for PC, price details, and stuff like that wasn't announced when the game was announced? Even games like Metal Gear Solid V and Mad Max which were announced last year, but are coming out the beginning of next month, have announced those system reqs months ago. Not bashing the game, but I'm just really suspicious about how this product will turn out.

I can understand worried, but suspicious? About what, really? I do understand your concern, though. I'd like to know the price sooner, and PC requirements as well. In case you missed UbiChrisMANG's message:

Things are being checked for acuracy before being published as we speak!
In any way, tomorrow is 18th finally, and today midnight we should get some new intel regarding the game. can't wait.

DeaD1te
08-17-2015, 01:15 PM
I find it strange that they aren't releasing any more information about the game till the games release day....something about that just doesn't seem right especially considering the very very limited publicity they were giving the game and the fact its being ported for ps4/xbone/pc by a dev team with no next gen/PC port experience on paper (mass effect 3 on wiiU doesn't count in my book)

Ubi-Kay
08-17-2015, 02:43 PM
Hi everyone,

Just jumping in to answer a few questions.

so... the information is being released about the game once the game is released? or is the release date changed from the 18th (Tuesday)?

Nope, the release date has not changed, it will be releasing tomorrow. Support FAQ's should be going up tonight/tomorrow and the system requirements will be displayed on the store pages.

Even games like Metal Gear Solid V and Mad Max which were announced last year, but are coming out the beginning of next month, have announced those system reqs months ago.

Keep in mind that these games are available for pre-order while Zombi is not. Rest assured, you will be able to see the system requirements before you purchase the game.

will Zombi release on Steam? I'm waiting to pick it up.

Yes, Zombi will be sold on Steam. :)

Bloobik
08-17-2015, 02:47 PM
One hour with Zombi PS4:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPXxXI2sjDU

Ubi-Kay
08-17-2015, 03:08 PM
Thanks Bloobik and welcome to the forums!

Bloobik
08-17-2015, 04:06 PM
Thx :)

Here is stream from xbox one, now playing:
http://www.twitch.tv/xbox

And about a price I think it will be 14,99 pounds

UbiChrisMANG
08-17-2015, 06:41 PM
Hi everybody! Thanks Ubi_Kay for covering some questions. I will add what I can:

The price is $19.99 USD and the equivelant amount in all territories, confirmed. I also confirmed this morning that the game is on schedule as of now and will release on the uPlay store at 9:00 A.M. Pacific time, 6:00 PM Paris time. It should release on Steam, XBLA and PS4 very soon afterward. Though we cannot confirm when another company will ACTAULLY release the game they have a full greenlight right now to release it at the same time as uPlay. I believe the other sites USUALLY release the games an hour after uPlay but this can vary and once again, we have no control over other entities and can only confirm the uPlay release time.

Even when a game is finished and ready for a release testing and tweaking can happen right up to the minute, even if things look stellar we try to make sure everything will go as smoothly as possible at launch. Specs and things have been determined (I wish I could share them now!) though and as of this morning things are actually looking good. I'm not sure what drove the decision to release the requirements until midnight but I can tell you everything is going smoothly as we speak and we are on track for both releasing the FAQ info and for the actual launch :cool:

Edited to add: just looked it up and the price in the UK is 15.99 pounds.

Vtx3D
08-17-2015, 07:30 PM
Shoot, I only just noticed there's a second page in this thread. In any way, thanks for the info Ubi-Kay and UbiChrisMANG. Setting up my tent on the outskirts of Steam store as we speak.
Btw: While I'm not interested in Toy Soldiers: War Chest, what I liked was that it has Steam achievements as well, even though the game uses Uplay. I sure would love this to be the case with Zombi release on Steam, too! :cool:

Smecsy
08-17-2015, 11:13 PM
Hi!

I can't seem to find Zombi for PC on Uplay or Steam. It should be out by now right?

Bloobik
08-18-2015, 05:20 AM
Hi!

I can't seem to find Zombi for PC on Uplay or Steam. It should be out by now right?

on polish PS4 is here 79 PLN :) :

https://store.playstation.com/#!/pl-pl/gry/zombi/cid=EP0001-CUSA01910_00-ZUNEXTPS4PORT001

Smecsy
08-18-2015, 06:43 AM
on polish PS4 is here 79 PLN :) :

https://store.playstation.com/#!/pl-pl/gry/zombi/cid=EP0001-CUSA01910_00-ZUNEXTPS4PORT001

Hmmm. I can't find it for PC. Currently at NZ. :/

Kaffeebohnson
08-18-2015, 08:44 AM
Ok cool, so 6pm where I live. This is funny, I don't think I have ever camped out with others for a virtual product :) Nice of you to specify the release time, UbiChrisMANG.

Rockhead Gaz
08-18-2015, 10:20 AM
I know it's not long until release now (in fact, it may already be out in some territories?) but any word on the PC system requirements? Also, any word on whether the PC version runs at 60fps, or is locked to 30fps like the Wii U version?

Karekristensson
08-18-2015, 12:33 PM
Hi everybody! Thanks Ubi_Kay for covering some questions. I will add what I can:

The price is $19.99 USD and the equivelant amount in all territories, confirmed. I also confirmed this morning that the game is on schedule as of now and will release on the uPlay store at 9:00 A.M. Pacific time, 6:00 PM Paris time. It should release on Steam, XBLA and PS4 very soon afterward. Though we cannot confirm when another company will ACTAULLY release the game they have a full greenlight right now to release it at the same time as uPlay. I believe the other sites USUALLY release the games an hour after uPlay but this can vary and once again, we have no control over other entities and can only confirm the uPlay release time.

Even when a game is finished and ready for a release testing and tweaking can happen right up to the minute, even if things look stellar we try to make sure everything will go as smoothly as possible at launch. Specs and things have been determined (I wish I could share them now!) though and as of this morning things are actually looking good. I'm not sure what drove the decision to release the requirements until midnight but I can tell you everything is going smoothly as we speak and we are on track for both releasing the FAQ info and for the actual launch :cool:

Edited to add: just looked it up and the price in the UK is 15.99 pounds.

What time would that be here in Sweden?
Would it be around 19:00?
I'm gonna be honest here and say that I have never really understood pacific time and such. XP

Ubi-Kay
08-18-2015, 03:39 PM
The game should now be available on the Uplay shop and on the PSN store and Xbox Marketplace. It will be available on Steam later today.

If it isn't yet available in your region please let me know and check back later. Thanks!

Here are the system requirements from the Uplay shop page:

Minimum system requirements:
Operating System: Windows 7 SP1 (64bit version only)
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E7300 @ 2.6 GHz or AMD Athlon II X2 240 @ 2.8 GHz
RAM: 4GB
Video card: nVidia GeForce GTS 450 or AMD Radeon HD5770 (1024MB VRAM)
DirectX: DirectX June 2010 Redistributable
Sound: DirectX Compatible Sound Card with latest drivers
Video Drivers: nVidia GeForce 353.30 and AMD Catalyst 15.7

Recommended System Requirements:
Operating System: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1 (64bit versions only)
Processor: Intel Core i3 2105 @ 3.1 GHz or AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.2 GHz
RAM: 6GB
Video card: nVidia GeForce GTX 660 or AMD Radeon HD7850 or better (2048MB VRAM)
DirectX: DirectX June 2010 Redistributable
Sound: DirectX Compatible Sound Card with latest drivers
Video Drivers: nVidia GeForce 353.30 and AMD Catalyst 15.7
Supported video cards at the time of release: nVidia GeForce GTS 450 or better, 500, 600, 700, 900 series; AMD Radeon HD5770 or better, Radeon HD6000, HD7000, R7 200, R9 200 and R9 300 series.

Vtx3D
08-18-2015, 06:40 PM
Around 19.00 the game was already on Steam. Jusk bought it, and it's got both Steam achievements (I'd like more than 20, but not complaining :p ) and even trading cards sweet.

UbiChrisMANG
08-18-2015, 07:56 PM
Ok cool, so 6pm where I live. This is funny, I don't think I have ever camped out with others for a virtual product :) Nice of you to specify the release time, UbiChrisMANG.

Interesting! Camping out for a virtual product. I had not thought of it that way, very cool! I hope the vitual weather was fine, wouldn't want you to get virtually rained on while you waited.

UbiChrisMANG
08-18-2015, 08:04 PM
What time would that be here in Sweden?
Would it be around 19:00?
I'm gonna be honest here and say that I have never really understood pacific time and such. XP

I think time zones are due to the rising and setting of the sun being at different times as you span across the globe. I'm not sure though, it's always confused me a bit as well. If you ever need to relate a time zone to your own local time this is useful (the entire site is good for time related things actually, I would bookmark the site at it's home page level but I am linking this page because it is specific to our conversation):

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

shirotenshi
08-19-2015, 02:38 PM
Anyone run into a dead player yet like in WiiU version, or has that not been implemented on the PC version? Sure was loads of fun checking what they had, but i haven't run into a single one yet. :( Makes me wonder.

Also, anyone else not able to put the cricket bat and first handgun into the storage? I've picked up the Shovel and Silenced handgun, and see no logic behind having to carry another Melee and handgun around. Makes inventory optimization a bummer.

Ubi-Kay
08-19-2015, 04:08 PM
Also, anyone else not able to put the cricket bat and first handgun into the storage? I've picked up the Shovel and Silenced handgun, and see no logic behind having to carry another Melee and handgun around. Makes inventory optimization a bummer.

Have you bound them to a quick key? Can you try removing this and then storing them?

Also, any word on whether the PC version runs at 60fps, or is locked to 30fps like the Wii U version?

The framerate on PC is unlocked.

UbiChrisMANG
08-19-2015, 10:55 PM
I mentioned in one of these threads that the PC version was also locked but I was in error! As Ubi-Kay points out, it is unlocked. My bad on that!

shirotenshi
08-19-2015, 11:20 PM
Have you bound them to a quick key? Can you try removing this and then storing them?

Nope, won't work.

Just made sure to remove from quick key and have the shovel in my hands before trying to move the bat and starting handgun, and it still refuses to put them in the box. yes, there is enough room there, i also remembered to check that. :P

It's not a deal breaker to be honest, I played the whole WiiU version with the bat anyways. Just a shame about that silenced gun. Not going to carry 2 around.:rolleyes: