PDA

View Full Version : My idea for the modern day storyline

RavenKingXXX
07-30-2015, 02:11 AM
I know that I'm probably not gonna be heard but I thought I'd give a shot anyway.

So it seems to be that the general opinion is that players don't like playing a faceless character or "us" being part of the game. I have to agree cause I like to play games so I can be someone else and not be myself.

So that obviouse solution is to put a new character as the protagonist For the modern day story. Now there is a number of ways this can happen either kill "us" or we could have it were "we" we're being guided by the main protangenist via a camera on a pair of glasses or something like that.

The main character shouldn't be Desmond, Desmond is dead, he has played his part, and should be put to rest. But what if we got to be Shaun,or Rebecca, or Gavin banks, or the most obvious option a completely new character.

Now to for the plot my idea is that it goes to the original plot of the games, the main character must relive the lives of famous assassins in order to obtain the skills to become the ultimate assassin.

The main reason my posting this is cause I'm confused for the modern day story, I though it was suppose to be a secret war between assassins and Templars, so why do they act like it's common knowledge to the world in rogue. Also is the modern protangenist in rogue the same as unity and black flag.

This just my idea though.

Sorrosyss
07-30-2015, 01:01 PM
First of all, hello and welcome to the forum. :)

Secondly, many fans share your view on the need for a new modern day protagonist. I'll not go into it all here, but we are yet to hear on what Syndicate's modern day contains. We will in the next month or so, and they traditionally do not speak about the modern day before releases, so fingers crossed it is something worth the reveal!

It is indeed a secret war but as you have seen in the past few titles Abstergo have got more and more cocky about their dominance in the media world. Now they can put it out as fiction, for yet another cover story for any unusual activities they get upto. Or I assume that's their plan.

Finally, the individual you play as in Rogue is not the same as Black Flag. The one from Black Flag ran off to join the Assassins, and it is briefly mentioned within Rogue that this occurred. Still, I doubt we'll ever know or meet either individual. Keep your eyes out for a floating tablet though. You never know...

dxsxhxcx
07-30-2015, 02:25 PM
they already have the perfect setup to create a female modern day protagonist in S16's messages and Juno' speech in ACB, they just need to use it...

Clay: Eden. She... in Eden. Find Eve. The key. Her DNA...
Juno: "...There is one who would accompany you through the gate. SHE lies not within our sight. The cross darkens the horizon."

they also don't need to explain what happened to the AC4~ACU modern day "protagonists" because they are irrelevant to the grand scheme of things.