PDA

View Full Version : AC Unity and Rogue question

jonathan7882
07-22-2015, 08:23 PM
Ok I've played all games up to unity and rouge. I picked them up cheap on vacation and before I get home and install I have a few questions. I want to catch up before Syndicate. First is Unity actually bad or was it just a troubled launch? Second are there present day elements? Now with Rogue I are there present day sections? I know I read Syndicate will. Also where in the timeline does Rogue take place? I know somewhere between 3 and 4 I think? Should I play it before 3 or 4?

Locopells
07-22-2015, 11:42 PM
Rogue's main historical sections take place between the events of ACIV: Black Flag/Freedom Cry, and the events of ACIII. The modern day sections take place after that of ACIV and concurrently with that of Unity. I would play it between IV and Unity, myself, as it follows on from IV and otherwise you break up the arc of the Desmond games.

Whether Unity is bad or not, is largely subjective. Mostly it was a troubled launch, a lot of which has been fixed and a number of the more controversial features removed, but it's really personal opinion as to the quality of the game itself.

Vinny322
07-23-2015, 12:33 AM
You can play the games in sequence,
1 Assassin's Creed
2 Assassin's Creed II
3 Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
4 Assassin's Creed: Revelations
5 Assassin's Creed III
6 Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
7 Assassin's Creed Liberation (vita port)
8 Assassin's Creed Rogue
9 Assassin's Creed Unity
10 Assassin's Creed Syndicate

Unity was / is the worst game of the series imo, the combat is clumsy, the movement is chunky, the story takes far too long to develop, and when it finally does, its over. The Co-op feature is probably the least impressive of all, players losing sync with each other consistently, I have personally been frozen on a co-op mission for 28 minutes before I was allowed to regain control of my character. I'm just glad co-op missions weren't required for 100% completion or I would of torn my hair out in frustration.
5/10

I hadn't planned on playing Rogue because it seemed off-point, and more of an aside game, but I can say with hand on my heart, Rogue is probably the most fun game of the series, naval combat is much improved, and there are many little gems of pure torture sewn into the missions to make 100% completion very very challenging.
8/10

(not that anyone asked)

Anykeyer
07-23-2015, 08:43 AM
You can play the games in sequence,
1 Assassin's Creed
2 Assassin's Creed II
3 Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
4 Assassin's Creed: Revelations
5 Assassin's Creed III
6 Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
7 Assassin's Creed Liberation (vita port)
8 Assassin's Creed Rogue
9 Assassin's Creed Unity
10 Assassin's Creed Syndicate
I would put Liberation between AC 3 and AC 4.

Dead1y-Derri
07-23-2015, 12:20 PM
Its highly subjective as to whether Unity was a bad game. In many people's eyes, unity was poorly received in terms of storyline but praised for graphics, the city and the open sandbox like assassination missions.

Personally Unity was the worst game for me because the storyline was really poor.

Jessigirl2013
07-24-2015, 02:10 PM
AC UNITY - In my opinion I don't see this as a bad game. However the amount of times I've had to restart the game (EVEN AFTER ALL THE PATCHES) because the protagonist has got wedged or stuck on objects is ridiculous. :mad: In addition there are ZERO present day sections and the story is just basically retelling you information you already know from black flag.
POSITIVE NOTE - It looks pretty ;)
especially if you can play it on ULTRA however even high end gaming rigs struggle to do this due to frame rate and texture issues.

AC ROGUE- In short it makes up the lack of modern day sections in Unity. Its modern day is practically the same as black flag. Rogue in my opinion is great mainly because of the way it ties into ACIII, ACBF/ACFC, and Unity.

Lets not forget they said Unity would have a modern day? :confused: so I don't have high hopes for Syndicate. Although it would be cool if they reintroduced the modern day similar to ACIII.

Jessigirl2013
07-24-2015, 02:14 PM
I know somewhere between 3 and 4 I think? Should I play it before 3 or 4?

Huh I thought you played all AC games ?
If you talking about whether to play Rogue or Unity first then I would play Rogue first. it sets the tone for Unity and also is first chronologically anyway which is how AC is usually played .

jonathan7882
08-19-2015, 10:50 PM
Huh I thought you played all AC games ?
If you talking about whether to play Rogue or Unity first then I would play Rogue first. it sets the tone for Unity and also is first chronologically anyway which is how AC is usually played .
All but Unity and Rouge.

strigoi1958
08-20-2015, 03:05 AM
I would put Liberation between AC 3 and AC 4.

I would put Liberation in the drawer ;).. it was... er ok but didn't feel like an AC game.

Anykeyer
08-20-2015, 09:30 AM
It had some good ideas. Having multiple personas was the best of them. I find it stupid you cant dress as other ppl in a game that is supposed to be about social stealth. ACU's magic disguise (which was taken from PvP MP and is nothing but animus hack) doesnt count. Hitman series got it right. But apparently AC games gameplay is forbidden to be based on common sense.

crixcel
08-21-2015, 02:44 PM
Rogue is better than Unity because of the story and gameplay, Unity has poor storyline because the game is focusing in having revenge of Elise father and arno father which it doesnt make sense.
In the trailer you can see people helping arno and joining the brotherhood but in the game you are just having revenge so, I prefer Rogue than Unity

Jessigirl2013
08-23-2015, 11:04 AM
Rogue is better than Unity because of the story and gameplay, Unity has poor storyline because the game is focusing in having revenge of Elise father and arno father which it doesnt make sense.
In the trailer you can see people helping arno and joining the brotherhood but in the game you are just having revenge so, I prefer Rogue than Unity

I second this ;)

Welcome to the forums BTW.

Yeah those trailers were just complete BS, Arno didn't even recruit anyone in the game.
Did he even find out about his father?
The whole game was just him wanting redemption for being involved in Elise's fathers death.

And that MD..... ew

Anykeyer
08-24-2015, 01:36 PM
What are you talking about? Rogue's story was complete BS. Every assassin is an *******, every templar is incredibly kind person, how convinient.
Unity's story is better than this crap. Yes, its kinda short and predictable (we saw almost the same story in half of AC games before) but it has more than a few interesting characters and its presentation is the best by far. Tell my you dont feel anything when watching this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CnLRtW4wyI&feature=youtu.be&t=2m44s

niceman1976
08-31-2015, 10:20 AM
Can someone please confirm that the Assassin's CreedŽ Rogue - Digital Deluxe Edition contains all content related to that game? Or there is still something left out of this version? Some other DLC or other stuff? Thank you

Locopells
08-31-2015, 11:28 AM
I can confirm it has everything down to the Timesaver packs. There wasn't a lot of extras with it,

niceman1976
08-31-2015, 12:31 PM
Thanks Locopells

Locopells
09-01-2015, 12:51 AM
Welcome.

Jessigirl2013
09-02-2015, 11:50 AM
What are you talking about? Rogue's story was complete BS. Every assassin is an *******, every templar is incredibly kind person, how convinient.
Unity's story is better than this crap. Yes, its kinda short and predictable (we saw almost the same story in half of AC games before) but it has more than a few interesting characters and its presentation is the best by far. Tell my you dont feel anything when watching this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CnLRtW4wyI&feature=youtu.be&t=2m44s
Fair point on the past gameplay..

But Rogues MD just showcased how awful Unity's was;)

UBIs Last Gen game gave us more MD story than Unity. ;)
Now if only Syndicate could give us a third person protagonist with a voice...

jonathan7882
09-02-2015, 03:52 PM
Fair point on the past gameplay..

But Rogues MD just showcased how awful Unity's was;)

UBIs Last Gen game gave us more MD story than Unity. ;)
Now if only Syndicate could give us a third person protagonist with a voice...It took me a bit to get used to the first person MD protagonist but over time I liked it. Not saying a voice wouldn't help.

Jessigirl2013
09-05-2015, 02:29 PM
I miss interaction between characters, Its just awkward being a mute after having a talking protagonist.;)

jonathan7882
09-05-2015, 07:59 PM
I miss interaction between characters, Its just awkward being a mute after having a talking protagonist.;)

I see your point but at this point unless we get someone like Shawn or Rebbecca as the MD protagonist as long as the modern day is fun and reveals information to fight Juno I'm happy.

nishantkepler
09-10-2015, 08:14 AM
I have just started playing unity and wanted to do co-op mission s ..I don't have any friends on iPlayer

Joshburnett1980
10-15-2015, 03:14 AM
Will rogue ever come to ps4?

Locopells
10-15-2015, 11:32 AM
Unlikely, sorry.

Jessigirl2013
10-16-2015, 07:05 PM
This is my 1000th post! :rolleyes: (Well.. of the posts that didn't get deleted:cool:)

I see your point but at this point unless we get someone like Shawn or Rebbecca as the MD protagonist as long as the modern day is fun and reveals information to fight Juno I'm happy.
I agree,
After Unity I think the story just needs to actually move on.:rolleyes:
I also prefer them not to introduce loads of new MD characters, and instead develop the characters they already have.

I have just started playing unity and wanted to do co-op mission s ..I don't have any friends on iPlayer
I didn't know the BBC has a AC section.

Will rogue ever come to ps4?
Doubtful...