PDA

View Full Version : X45 rudder rocker? What settings to use?

Charlie901
06-07-2004, 11:43 PM
Is there a way to lessen the effect of or slow down the rudder rocker on the throttle for my X45? As is, it's pretty sensitive. Just the slightest depression on either side moves the rudder far and fast.

Charlie901
06-07-2004, 11:43 PM
Is there a way to lessen the effect of or slow down the rudder rocker on the throttle for my X45? As is, it's pretty sensitive. Just the slightest depression on either side moves the rudder far and fast.

El Turo
06-07-2004, 11:53 PM
I think you can try to mess with the input curves within the Saitek software/mapper but the Maddox Games keymapper is really quite horrid and nearly worthless... to be entirely up front, I think they aught to be embarassed for themselves to put such a crappy piece of user-interface into their product and to have never updated it within a patch.

(but I digress)

I would STRONGLY recommend saving up all your beer bottles for recycling rebate, selling lemonade on the weekend and searching your sofa for enough loose change to get a set of CH Pro Pedals as soon as possible.

http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

You'll never regret it and suddenly you'll have the best flight simming rig available for about a $100 investment in rudder pedals that will last you forever. I had the same setup until my X45 stick finally crapped out on me a month or two ago and I bought the CH Fighterstick to replace it.

Best,

~T.

Callsign "Turo" in IL2:FB & WWIIOL
of worship
I thought,
reloading my rifle.

~V.

XyZspineZyX
06-08-2004, 12:04 AM
Hello Charlie901.
I too have an X-45 and know of what you speak. Here's how I solved the problem.

Go to 'Hardware/Input' in the FB GUI.
Select 'Yaw' from the dropdown menu 'Joystick Axes'. You will see the deafault is 100 across the board. Make a parabolic curve of the sliders starting with the left most slider. (i.e. 1,5,12,19,30,41,57,73,91,100 for instance). This will give you finer control without the jerkiness of the default setting but still give you the ability to turn hard in combat. You may also find it useful if you're a ground pounder as this type of setting allows you to strafe from side to side during an attack.
You will need to play with it a bit to find the curve that suits your flying style.

Hope this helps.

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/9334/Image6.jpg

Charlie901
06-08-2004, 12:41 AM
Beebop_54:
I'll try that thanks!

H_Butcher:
I think your right about investing in Rudder Pedals.