PDA

View Full Version : The Links Between ACC India and AC Syndicate - Story Speculation (Spoilers)

Sorrosyss
07-18-2015, 04:22 PM
Over the past few weeks we have had some more interesting story details come out, which many have previously speculated on.

Firstly, the Ubisoft France Twitch stream revealed that the item that Arbaaz Mir is hunting within ACC:India is none other than the Koh-I-Noor.

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20150508175748/assassinscreed/images/thumb/e/e5/ACBM-Koh-i-Noor.jpg/250px-ACBM-Koh-i-Noor.jpg

Many have pointed out that the diamond was destroyed towards the end of the Brahman comic, but the very last page reveals that the majority of the fragments reformed back to a full size diamond. The diamond within Jot Soora's ring is believed to be a smaller fragment that remained seperate.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140806013623/assassinscreed/images/thumb/e/e8/Koh-i-Noor_fragment.jpg/180px-Koh-i-Noor_fragment.jpg

Arbaaz was born in the early 19th century, therefore it is highly possible that the character could have lived until, or indeed might even appear in Syndicate - set in 1868.

http://i.imgur.com/DG1BlFe.jpg

At Montreal Comic-Con we learned that Henry Green, the Assassin mentor to the Frye Twins in Syndicate, is in fact the adopted son of Arbaaz.

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20150513122953/assassinscreed/images/thumb/8/8e/ACS_Henry_Green.png/200px-ACS_Henry_Green.png

In this we have a direct link between the two games. So what do you all think? Will the diamond be passed to Henry? Does it get stolen by the Templars and taken to London with Henry in pursuit? Is this the Piece of Eden that we are chasing after in Syndicate? What do you think happens when it gets wielded by a woman, presumably Evie? How do you feel about the comics world being intergrated further into the games like this?

pacmanate
07-18-2015, 04:31 PM
I knew it, I still heavily believe that is the PoE in ACS. It can only be wielded by a woman, that is why we can play as Evie.

It would make no sense to have an AC game where we can't wield the PoE.

VestigialLlama4
07-18-2015, 04:41 PM
In this we have a direct link between the two games. So what do you all think? Will the diamond be passed to Henry? Does it get stolen by the Templars and taken to London with Henry in pursuit? Is this the Piece of Eden that we are chasing after in Syndicate? What do you think happens when it gets wielded by a woman, presumably Evie?

Find out same Bat-Time, same Bat-Channel, what else?

From the BRAHMAN comic, "He who owns this diamond will own the world, but will also know all its misfortunes. Only God, or a woman can wear it with impunity."

The Diamond is a Cursed Artifact common to many mythological and fantastic stories. So its nature is to change hands. Since "God" and "a woman" are the only ones who can hold on to it, the evidence points to either a Sage or Evie. A Sage is a Godlike being (albeit without any powers).

You know if Ubisoft weren't so lazy they would do research and find out more interesting facts, namely that the Koh-I-Noor was culled from the Kollur Diamond Mine which is the same mine which provided the rocks for the Hope Diamond and the crown jewels of every royalty (until the late 1700s and 1800s, when Diamonds were discovered in Africa and Brazil, India held monopoly on the global diamond trade). So instead of shoehorning the Koh-I-Noor they can deal with the Hope Diamond (which went missing during the French Revolution and was available in London for most of the 1800s).

How do you feel about the comics world being intergrated further into the games like this?

They have officially run out of ideas what else can you say. Franchises usually save the best ideas for the main title while leaving scraps for the Expanded Universe. I loved the Brahman comic on the whole it was a great comic book story but the mystery of the Koh-I-Noor worked only in the context of the book. Arbaaz Mir is too much of a miserable Ezio-esque Jacka-- to serve as any kind of protagonist.

Once again we have another quasi-mythological MacGuffin serving a plot where AC3 and Black Flag and (to its small credit) Unity, dealt with stuff like ideology, personal development and character and a love story providing the main engine of a story. So yay...regression!!

VestigialLlama4
07-18-2015, 04:52 PM
It would make no sense to have an AC game where we can't wield the PoE.

We don't wield a PoE in AC1, nor in AC3 and not in Black Flag or Rogue or Unity for that matter. The only games where you, the player wields a PoE is AC2, Brotherhood and Revelations and even there only Brotherhood is a true example in that its not a cutscene(as in Ezio summoning the copies in his boss-fight with Rodrigo at the end of AC2) or a flashback (Altair's final memory at the end of Revelations).

So wielding a PoE is NOT and NEVER has been a fundamental part of the AC games. I was totally on board when Corey May and Darby McDevitt said that they would make the First Civ tech more metaphorical and grounded and not actually impacting the world so directly and literally. Now that's gone.

Sorrosyss
07-18-2015, 05:08 PM
Find out same Bat-Time, same Bat-Channel, what else?

Oh, you! :p

pacmanate
07-18-2015, 06:14 PM
We don't wield a PoE in AC1, nor in AC3 and not in Black Flag or Rogue or Unity for that matter. The only games where you, the player wields a PoE is AC2, Brotherhood and Revelations and even there only Brotherhood is a true example in that its not a cutscene(as in Ezio summoning the copies in his boss-fight with Rodrigo at the end of AC2) or a flashback (Altair's final memory at the end of Revelations).

So wielding a PoE is NOT and NEVER has been a fundamental part of the AC games. I was totally on board when Corey May and Darby McDevitt said that they would make the First Civ tech more metaphorical and grounded and not actually impacting the world so directly and literally. Now that's gone.

I mean more in the sense the protag does.