PDA

View Full Version : XBOne [XBOne] Will Ubisoft ever come out with multiplayer for Assassin's Creed ever again?

CakeDesu
07-17-2015, 08:28 PM
I have read that Ubisoft will not be making a multiplayer for the new Assassin's Creed: Assassin's Creed Syndicate. Is this true? If so, why? I have heard that it's because of the incorporation of vehicles, but is this really why there is no multiplayer? I mean, I get that there lots of bugs with Assassin's Creed Unity, but honestly, this just some to prove that Ubisoft isn't doing a pre-release test to make sure games aren't bugged. Another thing is that they practically pushed Assassin's Creed Syndicate out. This could really bring down the Assassin's Creed franchise, so why not delay the launch?Take your time to develop it, and if possible, add multiplayer. To all Assassin's Creed fans out there, I ask, "Who is with me?" I believe that multiplayer made Assassin's Creed a big hit here in my home state. I always play Unity on the weekend, and will continue to do so, because I believe that multiplayer is truly worth it.

Locopells
07-18-2015, 08:13 AM
It's true for Syndicate, they're concentrating on the single player side of things, to avoid another Unity.

However, the return of Multiplayer, at some future date, isn't completely out of the question, from what I hear.

JamaicanHoliday
07-19-2015, 01:34 PM
I have read that Ubisoft will not be making a multiplayer for the new Assassin's Creed: Assassin's Creed Syndicate. Is this true? If so, why? I have heard that it's because of the incorporation of vehicles, but is this really why there is no multiplayer? I mean, I get that there lots of bugs with Assassin's Creed Unity, but honestly, this just some to prove that Ubisoft isn't doing a pre-release test to make sure games aren't bugged. Another thing is that they practically pushed Assassin's Creed Syndicate out. This could really bring down the Assassin's Creed franchise, so why not delay the launch?Take your time to develop it, and if possible, add multiplayer. To all Assassin's Creed fans out there, I ask, "Who is with me?" I believe that multiplayer made Assassin's Creed a big hit here in my home state. I always play Unity on the weekend, and will continue to do so, because I believe that multiplayer is truly worth it.

Let me start by saying sorry for the long winded rant, but this is a subject I'm rather passionate about. MODS: This thread should probably be moved to the general discussion section.

As Locopells said, yes its true. Why? Only Ubisoft can truly answer that. Before E3, I would have said they were taking a step back from multiplayer and concentrating on making a strong single player games. Since most people who play single player games aren't into the online/multiplayer experience. I started this way, but now I'm far more interested in the multiplayer AC, than the single player. After E3, I'm not so sure any more, as every other Ubisoft game had a multiplayer component. My guess, neither coop nor competitive multiplayer move enough units to justify the development expense. If it moved enough units they would throw together another bug riddled mess, so they can check the box for multiplayer.

The truth is Ubisoft had a strong multiplayer community and they did everything they possibly could to destroy it. From piss poor servers and bad multiplayer architecture. Bugs and the lack of support for multiplayer after launch. You can't build a strong online community if you abandon the game 5 or 6 months after launch. Bad decisions , like trying to appeal to the masses instead of the dedicated players and trying to milk as much money out of the community as possible. If Ubisoft was serious about building a community they should look at Titianfall or Destiny. Both of these were supported long after launch. Sadly, most of the truly loyal and dedicated players have moved on.

I think you mean they pushed Unity out, not Syndicate. The answer is simple, MONEY! Sure they delayed it for two weeks, but there was no way Ubi$oft was going to miss the holiday release window, no matter how many times they say they won't release it before its ready. I said it at the time, the 2 week delay was a joke. The reality is there is very little that can be done in 2 weeks, regardless of how many people you throw at it. Remember the old adage 9 women can't have a baby one month. Consider, if you use one of those weeks to develop/fix the product and the second to test it, However you still need time to fix the issues you found in testing and then test again, etc. Those 2 weeks don't get you very far.

Your other statement about bringing down the franchise, is interesting. Many players like myself who started with the original AC, will tell you that happened a long time ago, like after Brotherhood. I've said this before and I'll repeat it here, over the years Ubisoft has gotten better at hyping and marketing games, then they have been at making games. They set the expectations so high and then fail to deliver. Don't get me wrong, the single player is still fun, but the story has gotten less and less compelling, and they really haven't done much to move the franchise forward.

I agree that multiplayer should make a return for Syndicate or another future AC game. However, I'm not sure you and I are on the same page. I would very much like to see competitive multiplayer make a return, as for coop play like Unity I could care less. If some players enjoy it, great, I hope they can provide that too. I will NOT buy another AC game without competitive multiplayer. I didn't buy Unity and I'll pass on Syndicate as well. That's the only way our voices will be heard.

Until that time you can find me playing multiplayer on Blackflag or AC3.

Requiescat in pace, Assassin's Creed