PDA

View Full Version : [Improvements/Feedback thread] Assassin's Creed: Syndicate

RVSage
07-16-2015, 05:40 PM
I have seen a lot of feedback scattered across threads... .And a lot of suggestions getting lost in then,,,

I guess this should be a place where all our opinions are collected....

If mods feel this is an additional thread and not needed .. welcome to take it out,,,,

My feedback

My biggest feedback with the game so far..

1. The fighting animations are not as smooth as the ones in Unity.. When Jacob punches he seems to be doing it as if by skipping frames.. I hope this is being polished

2. The enemy AI could be a bit more difficult

3. The rope launcher has a single hook from the images shown to us... where is the starting end of the zipline??? The zipline seems to be out of thin air... May be some improvements to this???

Apart from this I am happy with what I have seen so far

I welcome my co-assassins/templars to share their feedback too...

PS: This feedback is not about what you like, it is about what should improve... Lets all stick to those points alone

Hans684
07-16-2015, 07:49 PM
Story, narrative and gray erea

Webnomix
07-17-2015, 01:07 PM
I'm really dissapointed that you can only wear the hood in restricted areas. I think there should be an optional way of having the hood on or off, whenever you like. This makes the people who want a disguise happy and also the people who just want to like like a bad *** assassin the whole time. I also don't like how the guns are so obvious in AC. The best way to solve this IMO would be to bring back the hidden gun from AC Brotherhood. I loved that thing, (apart from not being able to aim up or down) and it worked well with weapon concealment. It makes it useful but not OP, especially if it works kind of like Microft's gun from the Sherlock Holmes movie with RDJ. That was damn fine. I love the cane sword idea that parts brilliant. I'm not too sure how realistic the rope launcher is going to be, that might need some work. Assassin's Creed had a bit of a problem with the gear customization in AC Unity. I'm not sure about everyone else, but I hated the looks of almost all the gear. And the one thing about the hood... It's there to hide your face! None of the hoods in AC Unity hid the face and that was a big problem for me. I hope this time if customization is incorporated, that it's done right. Another thing I would love to see is the face mask from the Brotherhood trailer! That was the coolest thing ever, but you couldn't get it in game. Also... brass knuckles. They need to be a thing, or at least something along those lines, seeing how he is a gangster and all. IMO combat needs to be harder, and no that doesn't mean quick time events. I mean like combat that adds a MKX or Tekken feel to it. Like (PS4 controls here) Square to use equipped item and Circle to kick, Triangle to enter kill cam like the counter attacks of previous games or something like that, I don't really know, I'm just bored of holding down the trigger and countering, ya know? And story wise I think the leading Templar should have a son that ends up being Jack the Ripper. I'm just saying that would be pretty mean. Plus, if people like the game enough he could be the antagonist of a possible sequel. I mean, the timeline would fit in pretty well, and could add some character development later in the game (plot wise, like alternate endings). I also would love to see offline coop similar to that of Splinter Cell Blacklist where you could play coop only missions where you can't win unless you work together. Please add a colour changer for the MC and the gangs because, well, bad *** custom clothing and what's with the green gangs? I feel like there aren't many combat animations in this game either, so more of that would be cool. Overall I think Ubisoft is heading in a better direction, having finally gotten rid of the pirate thing. So good job Ubisoft, please take this thread into consideration.

steveeire
07-17-2015, 01:27 PM
http://i61.tinypic.com/30my62a.jpg

Webnomix
07-17-2015, 01:34 PM
That wall of text.
You're God Damn Right!

Xstantin
07-17-2015, 04:11 PM
Hidden gun was OP

Sorrosyss
07-17-2015, 05:04 PM
Only major disappointments for me thus far;

Combat animations - they really do need polish.

The Stealth Mode - I really dislike the crouching. Just do a hood toggle, mechanics be damned. :p

Hidden Blade Combat - absent again. And I miss it.

Jarek23
07-17-2015, 05:48 PM
Ambient music...It's looking like another boring playground like Unity, at least give us some ambient music to add something to the atmosphere and help immersion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYnW9U7aNUM (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYnW9U7aNUM) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYnW9U7aNUM)

Almost an hours worth of Syndicate gameplay and it looks, boring.

Ambient music, please ubi.

Wolfmeister1010
07-17-2015, 10:07 PM
Warning, an unprecedented level of sarcasm follows. You have been warned.

"You know what will make people really excited to be an assassin again in this game about improving the core gameplay?"

"what?"

"Letting you build up your super awesome color coded army".

"But didn't we stress in the past two games how it was a good decision to take out recruit function, you know, because it made gameplay too easy?"

"Well yeah, but this is different. Instead of having recruits to help with assassination and stealth, we are making them a full on army to cause chaos and destruction."

"Oh, I see, it's like Black Flag, A pirate who becomes and assassin, and a gang member who becomes an assassin!"

"Uh...no. He was born into the assassins."

"Then why is he not acting like an assassin? Doesn't this make the game seem like a rehashed AC brotherhood, complete with district bases, renovation, and your own personal army? In fact, he seems like any other AC character to date. Brash, reckless, at odds with the creed, high temper, witty?"

"Yes, but don't worry. We also have an actual assassin character that fans have been begging for. She's even a woman, which is a breath of fresh air to begin with since that abysmal handheld Liberation game."

"Oh, excellent. I think I remember seeing her in all these trailers the marketing team made..somewhere...hm...maybe she was behind Jacob.Oh well, I am sure she's being kept more of a secret because she is so mysterious and awesome".

"Eh..no. It's because she is only playable for 25 percent of the campaign."

"..So..what, she's like Haytham in AC3?"

"Exactly. You get a few missions with her, and you can collect all the terrible animus fragments you want as her! For the rest of the game, she'll be an NPC who gives advice to the protagonist and just kinda..exists in the overall story arch."

"So..Exactly like Haytham?"

"Exactly like Haytham. Expect we are advertising her. Because this game doesn't bring anything else new to the table. We have nothing else to show, really."

"What about those carriages in the streets?"

"Oh those? Everyone's least favorite part of Revelations. We brought it back and made it the most advertised part of the game!"

"I thought we decided to focus most of the marketing campaign on all the things were brought back to the series after stupidly taking them out in Unity, like whistling and carrying bodies."

"Oh we are. Don't worry. Throwing knives, berserk darts we lazily renamed as hallucinogenic darts, whistling, double counters, carrying bodies, recruits, carriages, hell..EVERY SINGLE ANIMATION, don't you see? This entire game is just a rehash itself!"

"Okay, but we gotta be careful with how much we're copying from previous games. After all, we don't wanna go down the Unity route again.."

"Oh, don't worry, we got it covered. We dumbed down some stuff to avoid performance problems like Unity. Just some tiny little things like interiors, crowds, textures, draw distance even FURTHER if you could believe it, and yet we still decided to make the city BIGGER than Paris, even with all the complaints that Unity's Paris's emptiness was emphasized by how gigantic it was.

Wait, why didn't we just FIX the issues? Hell, we already did! The performance issues in Unity have been basically eradicate at this point!

"Yeah..but we REALLY don't want to give out free stuff this year..we're just not gonna take ANY chances". besides, we're shoving out these things every year! How much time you think we have to fix the issues with these games? That's why the series' long running issues still aren't fixed yet!

"Okay..well, PC version will be able to get up to Unity quality I suppose. That'll keep gamers happy.

"Well, actually no. Kiev is doing the port again".

"What? WHY? They haven't made a SINGLE good PC port. EVERY SINGLE YEAR they have released a port since AC3 when AC games started getting graphically tasking, we've gotten backlash from gamers about how terrible they are. EVERY year we promised to "do better by PC gamers". Why would we think it's a good idea to do the same thing again?"

"To be honest, who gives a crap about PC gamers anyway. Maybe we would've done better if PC gamers didn't stop buying our ****. I mean the second highest source of income is for our company is from pc gamers. We can literally keep outsourcing all our PC related content to one of Ubisoft's smallest studios in the middle of a war zone in Europe, and people will keep eating it up. They're all stupid anyway. We literally announced that Kiev was heading the PC port again by "recognizing their talent at PC ports and development" and nobody cared. Well, no one except for our biggest fans on the forums. Lol, even they hate us now. Have you seen the front page? Half the threads are negative. The game isn't even out yet HAHAHAHAHA, and they already see through our crap!" They see past us, they are already noticing our screwups from the demos themselves, like the lack of blood effects, the texture popins, the lack of ambient music, the terrible combat.."

"Oh yeah, why did we leave out ambient music again? And why the hell didn't we work to smooth out those combat animations? They literally look like they are missing frames."

"Oh, well we don't care. There's your answer for the music. That's it. It is the most uncomplicated reason in the universe. No technical issues, no PR crap, we literally just do not care anymore. About what the fans want, none of it. We have started to realize that soundtracks and good composers are expensive, so we've kinda stopped trying. That's why the soundtracks have become consistently worse over the years. As far as the animations go...meh..seems like a lot of work. That's the price for shoving out these games every year. We just kinda make some changes and pray for the best. Guess this particular aspect didn't really work too well. I think even the blood effects are glitches and nonexistent. Lol. Oh well."

"Well I suppose we are doing a good job spoon-feeding the public nonsense whilst stabbing them in the back with rehashed content. It's like an art form. I particularly like your idea when you put Ashraf Ismail in the apology about Unity/announcement for syndicate video. It's brilliant. People love him because of how awesome Black Flag was, so by making him one of the main speakers in the video about how sorry we are, the public ate it up!"

"Now you're starting to get it."

"Okay. Oh speaking of, I have an interview with Robbie from OpenWorldGames later today but he already knows everything about the game from what I have seen in his videos. What nonsense should I feed him this time?"

"Oh, er..just tell him we took the snapping function out of the cover system. Only change we made to the stealth system anyways."

Xstantin
07-17-2015, 10:24 PM
Almost an hours worth of Syndicate gameplay and it looks, boring.

Ambient music, please ubi.

Sorry if I sound too negative but I don't think they can nail ambient music and that why there's an excuse with the city which comes alive through sound of the crowds and pub music

BeauBrown
07-18-2015, 12:33 AM
I may be in the minority here, but I really liked Unity's combat system. It just felt so much better than the button spamming of Blackflag, no more mindlessly cutting through 40 or so enemies. So seeing that they've reverted back to what looks to be another button mashing combat system is a major turn off. I may just skip Syndicate simply because of the combat system.

Although I will admit that it makes sense for the change of systems, Unity's system was a sword fighting system. It was all about timing, when to parry, when to dodge, and when to strike. The button mashing is more suitable for the fist/bar fighting style of Syndicate. I just hope they bring back the Unity system when they move onto another sword based AC, with some improvements of course.

ze_topazio
07-18-2015, 12:38 AM
Having me as the main character.

Pandassin
07-18-2015, 12:46 AM
My only complaint is the walking/running animations. I really don't like the fact that Jacob has Arno's movement animations. Imagine if Edward had Connor's animations, they actually make a huge difference and add a lot more to the character.

Consus_E
07-18-2015, 11:21 AM
I really like the animation for picking up and carrying bodies. It looks much better than previous games and I like the fact that you can choose between throwing them or laying them down gently.

pacmanate
07-18-2015, 11:26 AM
complaint is the walking/running animations. I

I agree. To me this is lazy, which I will probably get grilled for saying. Walking and running animations, these all express a person. Having Jacobs the same as Arnos completely doesn't make sense. Heck, even Shay had different jumping animations at least.

Also my other gripe is draw distance, pop in. However I am sure these will be fixed as its all alpha gameplay.

steveeire
07-18-2015, 02:07 PM
I may be in the minority here, but I really liked Unity's combat system. It just felt so much better than the button spamming of Blackflag, no more mindlessly cutting through 40 or so enemies. So seeing that they've reverted back to what looks to be another button mashing combat system is a major turn off. I may just skip Syndicate simply because of the combat system.

Although I will admit that it makes sense for the change of systems, Unity's system was a sword fighting system. It was all about timing, when to parry, when to dodge, and when to strike. The button mashing is more suitable for the fist/bar fighting style of Syndicate. I just hope they bring back the Unity system when they move onto another sword based AC, with some improvements of course.
I'm glad they are going back, combat is not fun in Unity.

flufferoonie
07-31-2015, 11:05 PM
Well, personally, my experience with the series has shown me that earlier games had more thought put into the environment, stopping at AC 3. Black Flag had repetitive missions and and simple environments. At LEAST Unity nailed the atmosphere of 18th century Paris, excluding the annoying English accents, the lighting the pubs, the difference of architecture throughout the districts, it was great IMO.

Unity's story however was quite lackluster. Everything felt rushed and slapped on. I loved the difficulty in the combat system, and I loved the variance in weapon choices. To me, Syndicate looks like it will constrain the player in terms of weapon choices. Honestly, the Industrial revolution was a poor choice for the AC series with the franchise being known for it's exotic locales and old world feel. The series has become too modernized for my liking.
Change the walk/ run cycle
Replace old assassination animations
Allow hidden blade combat
Drop the zipline feature, it's ******* stupid AF

sneue4
08-31-2015, 02:39 AM
This really does look like a promising sequel to its previous additions but I'm really hating this top hat mechanic last I checked assassins weren't rich bankers flaunting their riches with fancy headwear yes I understand it's for blending in with the society in game as to not raid suspicion as a hooded man runs through town would raise and eyebrow but a secret order like the assassins are meant to not be seen and blend into the crowds while hiding their face since when did assassins stand on top of a carriage and pronounce their names and make a big scene this to me is a huge fracture in the whole series story and I fear this is just turning into a re skinned gta with a few bells and whistles. I can't talk for every fan out there but I am a fan of this game for immersion into the role of an assassin not a gang lord taking no respect for the assassins order. My main issue is this game may look and feel the part of an assassins creed game but had the story and mechanics of a greedy gang lord trying to control the city and overturn rivals, isn't that what the original assassins were fighting against.

Wolfmeister1010
08-31-2015, 03:57 AM
1. Where are the blood effects on enemies?

2. horrid draw distance/popin. Come ooonnn

3. Doesnt seem to be a rain impact effect on any surfaces.

4. Crowds were not the performance problem in Unity. Heck, even they said that. It was interiors and poor optimization. I think they should put ore citizens on the sidewalks

D.I.D.
08-31-2015, 04:36 AM
This really does look like a promising sequel to its previous additions but I'm really hating this top hat mechanic last I checked assassins weren't rich bankers flaunting their riches with fancy headwear yes I understand it's for blending in with the society in game as to not raid suspicion as a hooded man runs through town would raise and eyebrow but a secret order like the assassins are meant to not be seen and blend into the crowds while hiding their face since when did assassins stand on top of a carriage and pronounce their names and make a big scene this to me is a huge fracture in the whole series story and I fear this is just turning into a re skinned gta with a few bells and whistles. I can't talk for every fan out there but I am a fan of this game for immersion into the role of an assassin not a gang lord taking no respect for the assassins order. My main issue is this game may look and feel the part of an assassins creed game but had the story and mechanics of a greedy gang lord trying to control the city and overturn rivals, isn't that what the original assassins were fighting against.

I agree that the assassins ought to be more low key. However, you can't really make appeals to the past of the series with the "since when"s, given that it's always been this way. In AC1, the assassins had a gigantic castle emblazoned with their symbols and ran about in uniform all over Masyaf. In AC2 and ACB, the assassins were again very confrontational, conducting public assassinations where they announce themselves, shouting out their war chants in the street, blowing up Templar buildings, and going up against Rome's armies in the middle of the city. In ACR, they'd set up ziplines all over the city, each one with an assassin logo on it, and put a big board outside their HQ to tell all-comers who was inside (and didn't move even after the Templars started sending war machines!). They destroyed the biggest port in the entire world with explosives and flame-throwers.

On this rate of escalation, the only things stopping Connor putting 12ft glowing "A" symbols all over the world were a lack of assassins and Franklin's failure to invent the neon sign. Of the main games, it's really only Unity that shows the assassins attempting to hide their secret lair at all.

Webnomix
09-28-2015, 12:48 PM
I'm really dissapointed that you can only wear the hood in restricted areas. I think there should be an optional way of having the hood on or off, whenever you like. This makes the people who want a disguise happy and also the people who just want to like like a bad *** assassin the whole time. I also don't like how the guns are so obvious in AC. The best way to solve this IMO would be to bring back the hidden gun from AC Brotherhood. I loved that thing, (apart from not being able to aim up or down) and it worked well with weapon concealment. It makes it useful but not OP, especially if it works kind of like Microft's gun from the Sherlock Holmes movie with RDJ. That was damn fine. I love the cane sword idea that parts brilliant. I'm not too sure how realistic the rope launcher is going to be, that might need some work. Assassin's Creed had a bit of a problem with the gear customization in AC Unity. I'm not sure about everyone else, but I hated the looks of almost all the gear. And the one thing about the hood... It's there to hide your face! None of the hoods in AC Unity hid the face and that was a big problem for me. I hope this time if customization is incorporated, that it's done right. Another thing I would love to see is the face mask from the Brotherhood trailer! That was the coolest thing ever, but you couldn't get it in game. Also... brass knuckles. They need to be a thing, or at least something along those lines, seeing how he is a gangster and all. IMO combat needs to be harder, and no that doesn't mean quick time events. I mean like combat that adds a MKX or Tekken feel to it. Like (PS4 controls here) Square to use equipped item and Circle to kick, Triangle to enter kill cam like the counter attacks of previous games or something like that, I don't really know, I'm just bored of holding down the trigger and countering, ya know? And story wise I think the leading Templar should have a son that ends up being Jack the Ripper. I'm just saying that would be pretty mean. Plus, if people like the game enough he could be the antagonist of a possible sequel. I mean, the timeline would fit in pretty well, and could add some character development later in the game (plot wise, like alternate endings). I also would love to see offline coop similar to that of Splinter Cell Blacklist where you could play coop only missions where you can't win unless you work together. Please add a colour changer for the MC and the gangs because, well, bad *** custom clothing and what's with the green gangs? I feel like there aren't many combat animations in this game either, so more of that would be cool. Overall I think Ubisoft is heading in a better direction, having finally gotten rid of the pirate thing. So good job Ubisoft, please take this thread into consideration.

I called that **** about jack the ripper, I mean how can you not do a DLC about that? Also, what is going on with that green uniform BS with the "rook" gang. Who thought that was a good idea?
"Hey what's a good color to have that really shows that this gang is lead by a badass assassin?"
"What about that ****ty green that only leprechauns would wear?"
"Dude... F***ing GENIUS! MVP over here!"
"What about a cool black and red? to show the blood and mystery behind that which is the assassi..."
"Oh, shut the f*** up Jerry. You never have good ideas."
"but I came up with the hook blade in AC Revelations."
"And Tom here came up with the Phantom Hoods in Unity, and I think we all know that Unity was a better game than Revelations."

Findlay10
10-27-2015, 11:23 AM
The blood effects feel rather cartoon like and the blood dosent even go through the clothes which is strange because it has done this every previous ac, The new blood effects feel childish and unrealistic. If you ask me you had the blood effects perfected in ac4 ,you should use those brutal and satisfying effects in syndicate .

jfkflevoland
10-27-2015, 01:10 PM
I have played the original Assassin's Creed and the Ezio trilogy, but after that I only played Rogue. I wanted to stop by here to tell that I am enjoying the hell out of Syndicate: Victorian London is my favourite historical time and place, and ****ens, (ah yeah, of course that got censored) Darwin and Marx are some of my favourite historical figures as well, so it's a joy to fight for their causes. The rope launcher is great and having two assassins to switch between is a huge plus as well.

9 out of 10 for me.

I would say that this historical timeperiod is rich enough and the two assassins likeable enough, to turn this into a trilogy like the Ezio trilogy. How about a game were Evie and Jacob are send to the whole British Empire? South-Africa, India and Hong Kong? And a prequel were they are in America during the civil war? If Ubisoft could make that happen I would be very happy :D

BananaBlighter
10-27-2015, 01:16 PM
I have played the original Assassin's Creed and the Ezio trilogy, but after that I only played Rogue. I wanted to stop by here to tell that I am enjoying the hell out of Syndicate: Victorian London is my favourite historical time and place, and ****ens, (ah yeah, of course that got censored) Darwin and Marx are some of my favourite historical figures as well, so it's a joy to fight for their causes. The rope launcher is great and having two assassins to switch between is a huge plus as well.

9 out of 10 for me.

I would say that this historical timeperiod is rich enough and the two assassins likeable enough, to turn this into a trilogy like the Ezio trilogy. How about a game were Evie and Jacob are send to the whole British Empire? South-Africa, India and Hong Kong? And a prequel were they are in America during the civil war? If Ubisoft could make that happen I would be very happy :D

I would love a trilogy with the twins too. We'll see in the season pass if it's possible, since the Jack the Ripper campaign is set in 1888, meaning that if we were to find that nothing had happened in that time, there wouldn't be much hope for another game with the twins.

strigoi1958
10-27-2015, 01:46 PM
Put me down for another trilogy :D

cawatrooper9
10-27-2015, 02:43 PM
I would love a trilogy with the twins too. We'll see in the season pass if it's possible, since the Jack the Ripper campaign is set in 1888, meaning that if we were to find that nothing had happened in that time, there wouldn't be much hope for another game with the twins.
Well, Arno's era seemed pretty bust after Dead Kings, but I guess we'll never see that in a game...

Although I totally agree, I'd love a series with the twins- or even the twin's line, perhaps something like the Kenway family.

DynaRider
10-27-2015, 03:37 PM
And the one thing about the hood... It's there to hide your face! None of the hoods in AC Unity hid the face and that was a big problem for me. I hope this time if customization is incorporated, that it's done right.

All of the men in town are wearing suits and top hats or their working clothes such as overalls and caps. You're an assassin and need to blend in and be a blade in the crowd so you want to dress yourself up in a manner to set you apart from everyone else and easily call attention to yourself? You are the only person in town that dresses up in distinctive clothing, wears a hood and carries weapons and a big, shiny gizmo strapped to your wrist and forearm and you expect to walk around unnoticed? Putting a hood over your head is certainly not going to make you invisible or unrecognizable.

crusader_prophet
10-27-2015, 04:17 PM
There is already a thread for this kind of discussion:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1293751-What-aspect-of-AC-needs-most-improved

Journey93
10-27-2015, 05:04 PM

9 out of 10 for me.

Please no sequels with Jacob and Evie, they were really boring and lackluster. I would rather have another game with Connor (and thats saying something since I wasn't a big fan of him)

Hans684
10-27-2015, 05:19 PM
Brotherhood 2.0 but little better.

Wolfmeister1010
10-27-2015, 05:41 PM
Hm...from what I have seen:

1. Blood Effects
Not even talking about the technical side now.

The blood effects themselves need some subtle tweaks.

The coloring should be darker, I mean, the blood in this game is bright cartoon red.

The effects themselves should be a little smaller, no need for giant explosions of blood every hit

The cane sword should NOT generate GIANT explosions of blood every it. It is a blunt weapon 95 percent of the type except for finishers. It looks absolutely ridiculous.

There are no blood effects when you do a knife headshot. Ironic that the one place there SHOULD be blood effects, there are none.

2. Throwing knives are supposed to be silent, but in every single video I've seen in the past few days, you get "detected" as soon as you throw the knife, by the person you are throwing it at. Even if they are facing away from you. So you better hope you make that headshot, or else they will automatically alert everyone to your exact position if you fail even though they should not have an idea of where the silent knife came from.

cawatrooper9
10-27-2015, 06:53 PM
Hm...from what I have seen:

2. Throwing knives are supposed to be silent, but in every single video I've seen in the past few days, you get "detected" as soon as you throw the knife, by the person you are throwing it at. Even if they are facing away from you. So you better hope you make that headshot, or else they will automatically alert everyone to your exact position if you fail even though they should not have an idea of where the silent knife came from.

From my personal experience playing, I think I've only been detected throwing knives in two circumstances:
A) I'm seen throwing them
B) My throw wasn't lethal, and my victim survived it

Wolfmeister1010
10-27-2015, 07:44 PM
From my personal experience playing, I think I've only been detected throwing knives in two circumstances:
A) I'm seen throwing them
B) My throw wasn't lethal, and my victim survived it

Really? Must have been a glitch then.

RA503
10-27-2015, 07:55 PM
I want a second Save file,put sequence break in a game with only one save is nonsense,if this is not possible at least give us the option to rewatch the modern day cutscenes,is all on cameras they can be uploaded to Helix...

cawatrooper9
10-27-2015, 07:57 PM
I want a second Save file

Seconded.

linxcross
10-27-2015, 08:28 PM
There are a couple of things I can't turn off from the HUD at all, the L1 (PS4) icon that displays every time for the rope launcher and the leap of fate prompt. It would be better if the rope launcher icon appears only if you see up and mostly work like it does for ledges. Previous games have always use birds to show leap of fate section, I really don't see why that rather big message it's used at all except maybe as a tutorial at the start of the game but it really shouldn't show all the time.

Wolfmeister1010
10-28-2015, 07:45 AM
Noticed an issue

Smoke from chimneys disappears as you get within 10 or so feet of them

IMMERSION. WHERE HAS IT GONE

SixKeys
10-28-2015, 08:09 AM
Wait, Syndicate only has one save file? AGAIN?

Ichrukia56
10-28-2015, 10:47 AM
Wait, Syndicate only has one save file? AGAIN?

Yep :(

Pandassin
10-28-2015, 11:14 AM
I want a second save file too, I definitely want to replay this game but I don't want to have to just replay memories from the progress tracker to do so.

Also, the night time in this game is wayy too short compared to the day length. Night is probably the most beautiful time of the day, yet it lasts for such a short time.

BananaBlighter
10-28-2015, 11:23 AM
I want a second save file too, I definitely want to replay this game but I don't want to have to just replay memories from the progress tracker to do so.

Also, the night time in this game is wayy too short compared to the day length. Night is probably the most beautiful time of the day, yet it lasts for such a short time.

Well I'm glad we can replay side missions, and especially some of the gang strongholds feel like mini heists for me, something I loved about Unity. Though I've never replayed a side mission in any of the games, and I wonder, how does it work? Say if I pressed replay for a gang stronghold, does it teleport me to the location and respawn all the bad guys or does it just convert that part of the map back to how it used to be, showing up red on the map as if you hadn't cleared the borough yet? I'd rather it was the second choice because it's great fun wandering about London and then coming across a restricted area which you have to clear. While these mission may get repetitive it's not so bad when it integrates in to the rest of the world and comes as a surprise, giving you breaks in between each mission. There should be a way for Templars to reclaim land, though not with tower defense, god no...

Captain Tomatoz
10-29-2015, 03:42 PM
It would be nice if ubi could make night time the same length as day time. It's silly that big bens bells at midnight last an in game hour. Night is beautiful and in my opinion better than the day time. If people don't like the night time then you could give an ability to skip the night like a lot of games do.

Wolfmeister1010
10-30-2015, 12:05 AM
Id like n option to change the time of day like AC4 and weather

harsab
10-30-2015, 12:24 AM
So i just played Unity right now after ages & i wanted to compare the overall graphic quality with Syndicate & i don't think theres a huge difference when it comes to the gameplay BUT the cutscenes in unity were the most gorgeous thing i've witnessed on any video game. I hate to say it but Syndicates facial textures/cutscenes are not as sharp as Unitys. Probably the only thing Unity does better then Syndicate.

So Ubisoft i hope we get those sharp cut scenes back for the next AC, they were incredible in Unity.

flavorcountry19
10-30-2015, 12:34 AM
didn't see this thread before making my topic! but i shall post it here too since it applies!

I've made a video of exactly what i'm talking about!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_FeV1tyVaw

Please fix the coding on the hood during certain actions and cutscenes. Its rather bothersome having my hood on at one point while playing then having it magically be off and my top hat back on! Especially when im in a area where i am supposed to be in stealth mode and protecting my identity!

Happens at - 0:06

2:07
2:51
3:39
5:03
5:31

And last at 5:51

im loving this game and you guys have done a wonderful job! but its just little annoying things like this that just make it seem unpolished! and its not just this mission but a lot of others too.

Captain Tomatoz
10-30-2015, 12:44 AM
Id like n option to change the time of day like AC4 and weather
That would be awesome. I hope that if enough people ask for it they'll patch it in

Assassin_M
10-30-2015, 02:01 AM
1) Parkour. Some changes from Unity are welcome, others however are not. When I played the game at E3, the parkour was perfect. All of Unity's problems were resolved. The floaty animations were replaced, the clunky response was fixed, it was great. But then came the final game and whilst the improvements were retained, something else happened. I understand that this is a series that caters mostly to casual audiences, but no one really complained about Parkour making you fall down from heights.

Why change what's not broken? No one even complained about it. In Unity, flicking the high profile button as you're running made Arno jump. He could jump up to a chimney, jump out of a window, jump a large distance from one building to another, but now this is gone. It's automated as hell and it breaks the flow A LOT. What's more, now we don't have to hold the parkour down button to jump over or go under obstructions. There's just no reason for this new system.

Please, Ubisoft. Stop with the mentality that grabs the development philosophy when any game does not get a good reception. It doesn't mean you HAVE to change EVERYTHING. Some things are better left unchanged and this was one of them.

2) Combat. It sorely needs more depth. It's fun, but it has no depth. Enemies are mindless punching bags and they have no coordination. Heck, they know this themselves and sometimes scream "Don't just attack one at a time". Come on, Ubisoft, they're becoming self aware and they're complaining too.

3) More varied random events and have them occur less frequently. It can be very disorientating when a thousand things happen RIGHT after I just caught that thief, or killed that mugger or or or. It becomes very mundane and gimmickey when it happens so frequently. RDR's random events were a novelty because of how organic it felt. This one feels extremely factory made, no pun intended. I don't just want a cycle of mindless random events, it should be organic:

A- Have them occur less frequently
B- Make more variety
C- Organic occurrences. For example, have ones occur during specific times of day.

4) In every game, the borders of the world were always clear cut visually. There was a wall, huge obstructions...etc. This time, for some reason, you can see a wide street in front of you and you're going to it, but oop a large white wall appears in front of you. The world is not small, but this makes it feel small. It's arbitrary, but it's also very important.

5) Drinking. Do I really have to say any more? mundane activities are a very important part of immersion in the open world. It's Victorian London and there are TENS of pubs around the city. It breaks my heart when I go in a pub at night and see all the people drinking and dancing....and I'm just standing there like a bloke...I can't even get a sip of water.

I shall add more when I find more.

LovePSN
10-30-2015, 02:14 AM
1. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!
2. More legacy outfits!!!

RaggedTyper
10-30-2015, 02:41 AM
Sort out the grappling hook. It's a mess.

Wolfmeister1010
10-30-2015, 04:22 AM
1) Parkour. Some changes from Unity are welcome, others however are not. When I played the game at E3, the parkour was perfect. All of Unity's problems were resolved. The floaty animations were replaced, the clunky response was fixed, it was great. But then came the final game and whilst the improvements were retained, something else happened. I understand that this is a series that caters mostly to casual audiences, but no one really complained about Parkour making you fall down from heights.

Why change what's not broken? No one even complained about it. In Unity, flicking the high profile button as you're running made Arno jump. He could jump up to a chimney, jump out of a window, jump a large distance from one building to another, but now this is gone. It's automated as hell and it breaks the flow A LOT. What's more, now we don't have to hold the parkour down button to jump over or go under obstructions. There's just no reason for this new system.

Please, Ubisoft. Stop with the mentality that grabs the development philosophy when any game does not get a good reception. It doesn't mean you HAVE to change EVERYTHING. Some things are better left unchanged and this was one of them.

2) Combat. It sorely needs more depth. It's fun, but it has no depth. Enemies are mindless punching bags and they have no coordination. Heck, they know this themselves and sometimes scream "Don't just attack one at a time". Come on, Ubisoft, they're becoming self aware and they're complaining too.

3) More varied random events and have them occur less frequently. It can be very disorientating when a thousand things happen RIGHT after I just caught that thief, or killed that mugger or or or. It becomes very mundane and gimmickey when it happens so frequently. RDR's random events were a novelty because of how organic it felt. This one feels extremely factory made, no pun intended. I don't just want a cycle of mindless random events, it should be organic:

A- Have them occur less frequently
B- Make more variety
C- Organic occurrences. For example, have ones occur during specific times of day.

4) In every game, the borders of the world were always clear cut visually. There was a wall, huge obstructions...etc. This time, for some reason, you can see a wide street in front of you and you're going to it, but oop a large white wall appears in front of you. The world is not small, but this makes it feel small. It's arbitrary, but it's also very important.

5) Drinking. Do I really have to say any more? mundane activities are a very important part of immersion in the open world. It's Victorian London and there are TENS of pubs around the city. It breaks my heart when I go in a pub at night and see all the people drinking and dancing....and I'm just standing there like a bloke...I can't even get a sip of water.

I shall add more when I find more.

I know exactly what happened to the parkour, LOL

Remember the "Gamer's react" video? Well, one of the feedback was LITERALLY a guy complaining about being bad, saying he would sacrifice player control for a little more automation for whatever reason.

This is something they could definitely tweak.

Aha, Here it is 3:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB0QPx7nSLc

SixKeys
10-30-2015, 05:28 AM
Enemies are mindless punching bags and they have no coordination. Heck, they know this themselves and sometimes scream "Don't just attack one at a time". Come on, Ubisoft, they're becoming self aware and they're complaining too.

Okay, that is funny.

Rodantho04
10-30-2015, 07:09 AM
1) The game is too easy! guards feel like little b1tches, they are easy to kill, very predictable, and really stupid!

2) Civilians serve no purpose at all... If you kill a guard and a civilian happen to stand near by, MAYBE he will just scream for 1 sec and then go back to his business like nothng happened... Really? Can it get any more lazier that that? They should react to your actions! If you are unknown it that area they should break your stealth screaming for help, or support the guards making the game even harder since you cant hurt civilians! If you became known by liberating areas, they should cheer you, and assist you when you take down guards. How hard is this?

3) Not enough enemy models! There are only 3 or 4 of them! A big bald guy, a skinny guy with a hat, the same skinny guy with no hat... seriously? you couldn't spend a couple of hours and create some more variety? I keep killing the SAME GUY OVER AND OVER! How hard can it be to add a few more models? You can have a bald buy with a beard and suit, a bald guy with a hat and beard, a bald guy with long hair and suit, a bald guy topless, WHATEVER! JUST ADD MORE!!!

4) Stealth needs to be more difficult, and more looked in to! when you sneak around and only guards notice you, but workers ignore you, thats not stealth!! I dont know what that is... Make it more complex, much much harder, and more rewarding...

BananaBlighter
10-30-2015, 11:47 AM

IKR. It feels so smooth but it feels more limited than Unity. Sometimes people are OK with sacrificing some health for speed. Now it is impossible to make some jumps because the game thinks it's dangerous. In Unity I always jumped straight out of a window, without looking what was on the other side, and most of the time, without consequences. Now in Syndicate it's terribly slow, having to hang from the window and then descend. I actually preferred entering windows in Unity as you could do it fluidly. Now you have to stop and THEN press L1 which is unnecessarily annoying

killzab
10-30-2015, 03:35 PM
I agree with most of what's been said

But also MAKE NIGHTS DARKER !!!!

Sometimes I think it's still daytime until I look up and see the moon up in the sky.

pacmanate
10-30-2015, 05:25 PM

Sometimes I think it's still daytime until I look up and see the moon up in the sky.

Calibrate your TV. Night time on mine is great.

killzab
10-30-2015, 05:47 PM
I've watched videos on Youtube and it looks the same... it's not my TV.

Pandassin
10-30-2015, 05:50 PM
I've watched videos on Youtube and it looks the same... it's not my TV.

YouTube isn't the best for showing how a game really looks. The night is actually pretty dark, and really beautiful. YouTube doesn't show that.

flintlockford
10-30-2015, 07:03 PM
The biggest disappointment to me in Syndicate is the lack of an interior for Westminster Abbey and/or St. Paul's Cathedral. I don't know how these two got overlooked. Notre Dame and Sainte Chappelle were such high points of Unity.

Another note...Lambeth Asylum opens up for a mission...and then it's closed again...what gives?!

Captain Tomatoz
10-30-2015, 09:52 PM

There must be something either wrong with your tv or your eyes because on my game the night time is spectacular and really dark. You can only just see down the end of the street the street lights really stand out. Who in the dev team decided to make nights so short? :(

Wolfmeister1010
10-31-2015, 04:31 AM
One thing I don't really understand is why the cane sword causes massive blood spurts. I mean, 85 percent of the attacks are blunt, yet basically all of the hits are associated with a giant fireworks of blood.

Speaking of which, finally remembered what the blood effects in syndicate remind me of: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfRD_RrBd1w

Ironically, the "updated" blood effects there, in an in browser game, look more liquidy and "blood like" than Syndicate's lol.

Sorrosyss
11-01-2015, 03:42 PM
I posted most of my thoughts and suggestions in great detail in my review (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1306136-Assassin-s-Creed-Syndicate-Gamer-Impressions-(Console)-**POTENTIAL-SPOILERS**?p=11114330&viewfull=1#post11114330), but I'll try and bullet point them as best I can for simplicity's sake:

Stealth - Chameleon ability needs to go, or be made a toggle it zipped on and off too frequently and was more a distraction, and very rarely actually worked.

Rope Launcher - Works well, needs some refinement on how far away you can fire it, as it did seem a bit random.

Dual Protagonists - Need to allow for either character throughout the entire game, as the split in missions was wholly unfair. Need to retain both genders in future games, as inclusion is important.

The Rooks - Didn't really fit. Next time, do Assassins like Brotherhood / Revelations.

Combat - Animations need a lot of work, too long, too fast, or too comical (arm breaks). Multi kills too fiddly, prefer old counter kill system from Brotherhood. No zoom ins. Hidden blade combat needs to come back.

Parkour - Parkour down is now too 'sticky'. Getting down takes far too long, need a cape, or some way to glide down quicker.

Side Content - Too much of the same activities. Bring back mini games, parkour races, etc.

Historical Story / London Stories - Narrative flow completely mixed up. Met characters before main story, then was 'introduced' to them again. Very odd.

Customization - Need some kind of cosmetic tab, allowing us to retain the stats we want, as well as the appearance that we want. We should not feel forced to choose one outfit purely for the stats.

Hood Mechanics - HOOD. TOGGLE. Yesterday. I want my freaking hood up. In all cutscenes. At all times. Thank you.

Modern Day / First Civilization - Bring it back playable, expand it, and start finishing off the various plot strands before people completely fall out of love. Juno, Eve, Galina etc.

Bugs - More QA, game was more buggy than Unity. Loadings times too long. Too much repeating dialogue. (Kidnaps, carriages especially bad)

Music - Get hold of either Kyd or Balfe for the next one, and return to the epic genre for the soundtracks. Unity and Syndicate are too muted. And bring back the full ambient tracks. None of this sounds of the city nonsense.

Multiplayer - Bring it back, expand it, let me create my own Assassin / Templar in a persistent space.

Finally, Evie is awesome. I've never really argued for a character to return before, but I would be quite pleased to see her return.

Wolfmeister1010
11-01-2015, 04:48 PM
Dual Protagonists - Need to allow for either character throughout the entire game, as the split in missions was wholly unfair. Need to retain both genders in future games, as inclusion is important.

You do realize that this is a story, right? And considering they are two completely opposite characters, it wouldn't make sense for them to be interchangeable in main missions.

Tyrhydion
11-01-2015, 05:39 PM
For me Syndicate is a genuinely unenjoyable game. It has a nice story, but it feels like a less ambitious version of Unity which had a baby with Watch Dogs and it has been for me the most inferior game play since the very first Assassins Creed in terms of controls. Camera angles are chaotic and destroy your strategy. NPC are super alert, but extremely sluggish in the fights. The missions themselves are way too easy, the collectibles like always way too much. It feels like the opposite of dynamic when you are running, jumping and climbing, unlike the prior releases. Horse carriages become super glitchy when they interact with NPC or targets. Generally this game has many glitches and I was forced to reload, because the NPC did not react anymore.

Graphical textures are far from awe-inspiring. Everything is focused on light and shadow, however fine texture like grass, smoke, hair look ridiculous. Hair looks like painted with only one water colour

phoenix-force411
11-01-2015, 05:45 PM
I find both Rooks and Assassin recruits to be both useless. Why do you need them when you can kill everyone already? Recruits were too OP and most of the time they spawn too slow. Rooks just get in the way of fights a lot and having an overwhelming amount of them on the streets ruin how much fun you can actually have in London.

Wolfmeister1010
11-01-2015, 06:17 PM
I find both Rooks and Assassin recruits to be both useless. Why do you need them when you can kill everyone already? Recruits were too OP and most of the time they spawn too slow. Rooks just get in the way of fights a lot and having an overwhelming amount of them on the streets ruin how much fun you can actually have in London.

Luckily, it seems like there are upgrades you don't need to buy that can help this.

For example, won't be buying chameleon. And I won't be getting the skill that makes blighters ignore you on the streets, or the one that makes rooks way more common

phoenix-force411
11-01-2015, 06:58 PM
Luckily, it seems like there are upgrades you don't need to buy that can help this.

For example, won't be buying chameleon. And I won't be getting the skill that makes blighters ignore you on the streets, or the one that makes rooks way more common
Yes, I am aware, but I do want to platinum the game, and so, I have no choice but to buy it and receive my trophy for all gang upgrades.

tjbyrum1
11-01-2015, 07:52 PM
Late to the party, but this was a very great game in the AC franchise, and it goes to show me that AC is not getting worse - it is still worth keeping an eye on.

Jacob and Evie were very great characters, and I really enjoyed the dynamic between them, the story was pretty decent, and the atmosphere of London was something I hadn't experienced in a game yet. All in all, a great game.

But it still doesn't make me want to play Unity.

joelsantos24
11-01-2015, 08:37 PM
I haven't completed Syndicate yet, merely the introductory sequences, since I had restarted playing Unity before, and now I want to finish first. Essentially, I really liked what I saw, and experienced. I had said this before, I really dislike the historical setting, Victorian London, so there isn't much to say about that. I found it interesting, though, how much Syndicate is actually inspired by Shadow of Mordor mechanics, particularly in the skills and even some missions, like saving the enslaved children.

Anyway, I have a question related to the double assassination skill. When in stealth mode, that is, when crouched and approaching the targets, I cannot seem to be able to double assassinate them. I've tried countless times, and it doesn't seem to work. I don't know if it's a glitch or just a problem with my approach, but can someone please confirm if it's really possible to double assassinate two targets in stealth mode, from a normal approach from behind, for instance?

tjbyrum1
11-01-2015, 09:18 PM
@Joel: Assuming you have that skill unlocked, approach them and they should both turn red. If they're not turning red, perhaps you're not approaching them correctly, or perhaps it is a glitch.

As for the Victorian London setting, I contrarily found it interesting, far more than the French setting in Unity.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-02-2015, 12:39 AM
I'm really disappointed that pubs have chess sets in them, but there's no chess minigame. Also, lots of period songs in pubs, but no way to choose from a list of requests? Come on Ubisoft, surely that last one needs a bare minimum of coding, while the first one has been done in many games, and AC has had mini board games before.

Pubs are a great British institution, but AC leaves them emptier and more useless than any previous AC game that had pubs/taverns. Apparently, AC would have us believe that all you can do in a London pub in 1868 is pick up beer bottles, listen to random songs and get spooky missions from Charles Dikkens.

HDinHB
11-02-2015, 12:45 AM
I'm also really disappointed the pubs have beer but there is no beer drinking mini-game.

phoenix-force411
11-02-2015, 12:48 AM
I haven't completed Syndicate yet, merely the introductory sequences, since I had restarted playing Unity before, and now I want to finish first. Essentially, I really liked what I saw, and experienced. I had said this before, I really dislike the historical setting, Victorian London, so there isn't much to say about that. I found it interesting, though, how much Syndicate is actually inspired by Shadow of Mordor mechanics, particularly in the skills and even some missions, like saving the enslaved children.

Anyway, I have a question related to the double assassination skill. When in stealth mode, that is, when crouched and approaching the targets, I cannot seem to be able to double assassinate them. I've tried countless times, and it doesn't seem to work. I don't know if it's a glitch or just a problem with my approach, but can someone please confirm if it's really possible to double assassinate two targets in stealth mode, from a normal approach from behind, for instance?

Syndicate requires the character to be closer as I have experienced that in the game. But yes, it is possible to do double assassinations in stealth mode.

Captain Tomatoz
11-02-2015, 12:48 AM
I'm really disappointed that pubs have chess sets in them, but there's no chess minigame. Also, lots of period songs in pubs, but no way to choose from a list of requests? Come on Ubisoft, surely that last one needs a bare minimum of coding, while the first one has been done in many games, and AC has had mini board games before.

Pubs are a great British institution, but AC leaves them emptier and more useless than any previous AC game that had pubs/taverns. Apparently, AC would have us believe that all you can do in a London pub in 1868 is pick up beer bottles, listen to random songs and get spooky missions from Charles Dikkens.

It does seem like for all the 'little things' in this game there's a lot of big things they have missed. What's the point in all the pub interiors if you can't take part in them. Also I stood in front of a couple having a photo taken and they ignored me and just carried on with the animations. It's great when your just walking down the street and just watching people, but if you try to interact with the people they don't. It's almost like you don't exist in the world.

They seem to have removed a lot of features and crowd interaction in this game.

phoenix-force411
11-02-2015, 12:50 AM

As long as it's not a required activity for an achievement or trophy, I would be fine with that. Uggh, I can't believe that was forced in III. But yes, those mini-games would have been good. They can still add it, I mean, in ACB, they added that Dice game with the Da Vinci Disappearance.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-02-2015, 01:12 AM
Personally, I can't believe they missed Ajeeb - a chess playing "automaton" (it was actually a cleverly made cabinet that hid a strong chess player inside) that was first exhibited in London in 1868 - the exact year the game takes place. It seems the developers could have made this into a neat mystery for Jacob and Evie to solve.

http://images.chesscomfiles.com/uploads/images_users/tiny_mce/batgirl/phpv0Qn1q.jpeg

joelsantos24
11-02-2015, 08:59 PM
@Joel: Assuming you have that skill unlocked, approach them and they should both turn red. If they're not turning red, perhaps you're not approaching them correctly, or perhaps it is a glitch.

As for the Victorian London setting, I contrarily found it interesting, far more than the French setting in Unity.
Yeah, I have the skill, and it should work, as it does in a fairly straightforward manner in Unity. I'm going to try it again. I just hope it isn't a glitch.

Syndicate requires the character to be closer as I have experienced that in the game. But yes, it is possible to do double assassinations in stealth mode.
Then it's either a glitch or I'm just doing something wrong.

flavorcountry19
11-02-2015, 09:08 PM
they also need to improve the detection in this game of where walls are in combat! even when my character pushes them against the wall or throws them against a wall mid combat, often times the game doesn't register it and i dont get my cool wall finishers!

belly162
11-03-2015, 06:07 AM
Am I the only one that finds the size of the icons for collectibles on the map way too small? I wear glasses so obviously I don't have the best eyesight to begin with, but after a little while playing my eyes start to get really sore because I'm straining every time I open the map. At the very least if there was an option to change the size of icons then that would be awesome.

Wolfmeister1010
11-03-2015, 06:29 AM
Why is there a "detected" sound effect every time you headshot an enemy?

m4r-k7
11-03-2015, 04:29 PM
Does anyone find it funny how some random events include "tackle the thief" when you were in fact a thief in Ezios games where you pickpocketed and stole random peoples money?! ;)

cawatrooper9
11-03-2015, 04:36 PM
Does anyone find it funny how some random events include "tackle the thief" when you were in fact a thief in Ezios games where you pickpocketed and stole random peoples money?! ;)

Technically you tackled thiefs back then, too.

There was Volpe's thief, the thief that steals from you when you meet Machiavelli in Rome... though I always did think it was kind of weird that Ezio stole from the common people, especially once he started raking income from his villa. Seemed kinda mean spirited.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-03-2015, 04:53 PM

I think it's funny that you tackle the thief and presumably take what he/she stole, and in some cases you berate them for taking what isn't theirs, but then it seems you keep it. There is no requirement - no possibility even - of returning the stolen thing to the rightful owner. Now that's kinda messed up.

flavorcountry19
11-04-2015, 02:04 AM
oh also train speeds NEED to be sped up! when i am on top of a roof on a train i feel like i am going slower then when i am running! i want to feel like i am going fast down the rails and that there is wind blowing on me and rushing past buildings and trees!

this also only seems to be on train robberies!

Ziiimmie
11-04-2015, 11:04 AM
Modern Day should be improved!

Consus_E
11-04-2015, 11:15 AM
Technically you tackled thiefs back then, too.

There was Volpe's thief, the thief that steals from you when you meet Machiavelli in Rome... though I always did think it was kind of weird that Ezio stole from the common people, especially once he started raking income from his villa. Seemed kinda mean spirited.

Ezio Auditore the man who in response to the murder of his family... Murders families. But it's okay those guys were the bad guys!

Meowrynn
11-04-2015, 02:20 PM
I think it's funny that you tackle the thief and presumably take what he/she stole, and in some cases you berate them for taking what isn't theirs, but then it seems you keep it. There is no requirement - no possibility even - of returning the stolen thing to the rightful owner. Now that's kinda messed up.

I think they made it that way not as story wise but gameplay wise. I mean atleast when the player became broke he/she has a chance to procure money without doing missions. but then again who will be broke with his big @ss villa generating florens every minute right? I mean unless you throw all your money everytime your'e walking on the streets or hiring a prostitute every.single.time. in order to make ezio broke as fack.

Xstantin
11-04-2015, 04:21 PM
I'm playing both Unity and Syndicate and I gotta say I really prefer Unity's windows to Syndicate's (although I know people complained about it back then)

BananaBlighter
11-04-2015, 06:02 PM
oh also train speeds NEED to be sped up! when i am on top of a roof on a train i feel like i am going slower then when i am running! i want to feel like i am going fast down the rails and that there is wind blowing on me and rushing past buildings and trees!

this also only seems to be on train robberies!

You would've thought it was because the world doesn't load quickly enough, though even carriages are faster. Now that I think about it, it was probably done just so they could include the exotic races.

I'm playing both Unity and Syndicate and I gotta say I really prefer Unity's windows to Syndicate's (although I know people complained about it back then)

Same here. You actually have to stop before pressing L1 to enter windows in Syndicate. In Unity it flowed mush better. Also what's with it being impossible to jump off anything. It ruins so much of the flow, and sometimes it's better to sacrifice some health for speed.

SixKeys
11-04-2015, 09:45 PM
Trains did use to run like snails back then, so whether or not they did it for technical reasons, it's still period-accurate. :p I recall once reading somewhere that Victorians believed 30 mph was the highest velocity the human body could withstand.

cawatrooper9
11-04-2015, 09:49 PM
Trains did use to run like snails back then, so whether or not they did it for technical reasons, it's still period-accurate. :p I recall once reading somewhere that Victorians believed 30 mph was the highest velocity the human body could withstand.

Also, the trains are at a speed now where it's possible to catch and board them. Any faster and you wouldn't be able to do it.

BananaBlighter
11-04-2015, 10:00 PM

Ahhh, little did they know that they were standing on a planet that was turning much faster than that. Which of course is going round the sun...you get my point. Well of course they must have known, but it's a silly belief, some individuals must have been able to put two and two together.

Also, the trains are at a speed now where it's possible to catch and board them. Any faster and you wouldn't be able to do it.

That's true. If only there was a way to take control of the train and manually increase the speed. :D

flavorcountry19
11-04-2015, 11:56 PM
Well no cause the first train you get on as Jacob and fight those guys in the first chapter is going much faster then any "train robbery" trains go!

cawatrooper9
11-04-2015, 11:57 PM
Well no cause the first train you get on as Jacob and fight those guys in the first chapter is going much faster then any "train robbery" trains go!

Right, because you don't need to catch up and board it.

Plus, it's not in the city of London, but in the countryside.

tjbyrum1
11-06-2015, 12:05 AM
Just played Rogue for the first time, and was surprised Ubisoft did not market it better. An interesting take, but I disliked how they handled some of the things.

CrossedEagle
11-06-2015, 03:30 AM
The only problem I had with Syndicate is that sometimes I would have to open locked chests twice.

Not necessarily a problem, but sometimes I would cover kill a person and they'd be a few feet away from my arm and hidden blade when I threw them over. Sometimes the animations didn't connect.

Assassin_M
11-06-2015, 08:00 AM
- Running Assassinations: These were introduced as quick maneuvers that kept you on the move. This was introduced in AC III and the animations reflected that. The animations were strong and fast and they served their purpose. Since Unity, however, these assassinations have turned into weird sequences of unnecessary maneuvers. How is sliding, taking the guy down, standing back up and stabbing him supposed to keep you on the move? As a matter of fact, this applies to all Assassination animations. Air Assassinations were simple pounces from above. The pounce and stab were all part of the same initial action. They were quick and precise, but again, now, the Assassin pounces on the enemy first and THEN stabs. Why?? It just looks jarring, inconvenient and takes far longer than necessary.

flavorcountry19
11-08-2015, 12:08 AM
and would like just a little bit of hat customiation for jacob! the ability to choose top or flat hat would be nice for each outfit! and color!

NeoMorph WTH
11-08-2015, 12:55 AM
Here's an improvement for you. FIX WHAT IS BROKEN BEFORE ADDING NEW BROKEN STUFF.

Seriously, there are sooooooooo many things wrong with Syndicate that has been wrong for so many versions of Assassin's Creed... Like getting stuck on walls... like the tailing missions... like, oh I could go on forever.

Also why is it the only non-lethal options available if you stealth choke someone. You don't want to kill cops so the only recourse now is to run away... WHAT HAPPENED TO THE CLUBS FROM PREVIOUS GAMES.

I've given up trying to finish Syndicate because of all the game breaking bugs in there. I was just trying to steal some plans from a guy and Jacob kept pushing him when he was nowhere near bumping into the target. The only way to complete some missions is to totally cheat and not do what you are told. Missions where you are only told "Oh you were supposed to not damage X" so you didn't get 100% UNTIL AFTER THE MISSION COMPLETES.

I'm sorry but even though this game is better than Unity, it isn't that good.... The series peaked with Black Flag. Just fix the "Oh it's sort of working so we will just do something else" bugs/glitches before adding new stuff. New Stuff Does Not Equal Improvement after all.

Xstantin
11-08-2015, 01:34 AM
Also why is it the only non-lethal options available if you stealth choke someone. You don't want to kill cops so the only recourse now is to run away... WHAT HAPPENED TO THE CLUBS FROM PREVIOUS GAMES.

I wish the game had stun mines from Dishonored or at least some kind of non-lethal trap, not realistic at all, but we have crazy electric bombs now anyway

ModernWaffle
11-08-2015, 01:52 AM
- Running Assassinations: These were introduced as quick maneuvers that kept you on the move. This was introduced in AC III and the animations reflected that. The animations were strong and fast and they served their purpose. Since Unity, however, these assassinations have turned into weird sequences of unnecessary maneuvers. How is sliding, taking the guy down, standing back up and stabbing him supposed to keep you on the move? As a matter of fact, this applies to all Assassination animations. Air Assassinations were simple pounces from above. The pounce and stab were all part of the same initial action. They were quick and precise, but again, now, the Assassin pounces on the enemy first and THEN stabs. Why?? It just looks jarring, inconvenient and takes far longer than necessary.

This pretty much. But on that note, why omit so much stuff from the previous games that were good? To name a few, please bring back:

-hidden blade combat
-option to interchange between weapons again - didn't like that you could only pick one at a time in Syndicate
-unsheathing weapons whilst walking/running - have to admit this doesn't improve the gameplay per se but it was a cool option to have
-use of crowds as stealth feature - mission design and the fact that crowds don't move anymore as groups make it hard to use them
-ability to jump off the building straight away rather than being forced to parkour down
-body shields for taking shots
-old HUD designs - no more noise circles for example, the game is easy enough without it
-stronger / more varied archetypes as in previous games
-sleep darts - not as overused as berserk darts plus they offer an alternative to sleeper holding when you need to dispatch neutral groups in a non-hostile way

Having the option to whistle and pick up bodies noticeably improved the mechanics of Syndicate from Unity, but why weren't they just implemented in the latter to begin with? I certainly hope it wasn't an intentional move by the developers. Kind of goes with the argument of fixing the wrongs before introducing the new stuff.

Some of the soundtrack in Syndicate was really good, others not so much: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuz22TpedWI
That bit from 2:25 onwards kept playing whenever I was in conflict and the trumpet bit just sounds silly and out of place. Of course music is subjective and is therefore harder to improve than other features but just seems to me soundtrack in Unity and Syndicate has generally declined in comparison to past-gen AC games.

Wolfmeister1010
11-08-2015, 03:29 AM
This pretty much. But on that note, why omit so much stuff from the previous games that were good? To name a few, please bring back:

-hidden blade combat
-option to interchange between weapons again - didn't like that you could only pick one at a time in Syndicate
-unsheathing weapons whilst walking/running - have to admit this doesn't improve the gameplay per se but it was a cool option to have
-use of crowds as stealth feature - mission design and the fact that crowds don't move anymore as groups make it hard to use them
-ability to jump off the building straight away rather than being forced to parkour down
-body shields for taking shots
-old HUD designs - no more noise circles for example, the game is easy enough without it
-stronger / more varied archetypes as in previous games
-sleep darts - not as overused as berserk darts plus they offer an alternative to sleeper holding when you need to dispatch neutral groups in a non-hostile way

1. Disagree- Brass knuckles combines hidden blades and fists in a very satisfying manner. simply swinging around your little blades looked awkward in my opinion. They are more stabbing weapons than slashing weapons.

2. Agreed. I see no reason why we can't choose between brass knuckles/kukri and brass knuckles/cane. In fact, Jacob was shown to do the former in an early trailer.

3. I think they should have taken some time to implement the cane as a walking tool, and then use it for combat. This was shown in tons of concept arts and even screens. It would function like the umbrella in Liberation. Aesthetic. Although it was probably too difficult to program-or it got annoying for people who wanted to move faster than the cane would realistically allow when walking

4. Agreed. Crowds were finally useful in Unity, and from what it looks like, social stealth is basically irrelevant in this game. Granted, the environmental stealth seems to be the best in the series, and the kidnap function is interesting, but it can't compare to the amazing Unity social stealth.

5. Agreed. Quite a few people on here have complained that the parkour, while slicker and generally better than Unity's, is much more automated and doesn't allow much player control, should they choose to wall eject or jump into the street, sacrificing some health for speed and efficiency.

6. No.It was ridiculous the way it was implemented in AC3-4, with enemies casually waiting for you to grab someone. However, the "dodge bullet" feature in Syndicate is even more ridiculous.

It makes sense for there to be an ability to "counter" bullets by quickshotting knives or guns, but simply dodging is ridiculous. The way to fix this would be to make the AI better, so that if you are fighting, if you stay close to an enemy, other enemies won't risk shooting you. That is realistic, and requires tactics. When running away, enemy bullets should not be as accurate as they were in Unity. There, problem fixed.

7. I don't mind it EXISTING. I just hate that they have made HUD customization so inconvenient so as to bind several HUD aspects together, forcing you to deal with half the annoying ones.

8. Disagreed immensely. One of the things that made AC1's combat so great was that all the enemies, in theory, could do the same moves you could do, and the only difference between them is that higher level guards take more damage, counter you more often, and attack quicker. The whole system of "X enemy requires Y tactic" introduced in AC3 has made combat very predictable in my opinion. The only archetype I think it good to differentiate is the brute type, that you can't counter and have to pick away at more slowly.

9. Disagree SO much. Sleep darts made stealth unbelievably easy, to the point where I forced myself to never use them unless ABSOLUTELY necessary because it detracted from the experience. Agree with the berserk darts though. I NEVER use berserk darts unless absolutely necessary, as they make the game easy as well. Agreed there.

ModernWaffle
11-08-2015, 03:38 PM
1. Disagree- Brass knuckles combines hidden blades and fists in a very satisfying manner. simply swinging around your little blades looked awkward in my opinion. They are more stabbing weapons than slashing weapons.

3. I think they should have taken some time to implement the cane as a walking tool, and then use it for combat. This was shown in tons of concept arts and even screens. It would function like the umbrella in Liberation. Aesthetic. Although it was probably too difficult to program-or it got annoying for people who wanted to move faster than the cane would realistically allow when walking

6. No.It was ridiculous the way it was implemented in AC3-4, with enemies casually waiting for you to grab someone. However, the "dodge bullet" feature in Syndicate is even more ridiculous.

It makes sense for there to be an ability to "counter" bullets by quickshotting knives or guns, but simply dodging is ridiculous. The way to fix this would be to make the AI better, so that if you are fighting, if you stay close to an enemy, other enemies won't risk shooting you. That is realistic, and requires tactics. When running away, enemy bullets should not be as accurate as they were in Unity. There, problem fixed.

7. I don't mind it EXISTING. I just hate that they have made HUD customization so inconvenient so as to bind several HUD aspects together, forcing you to deal with half the annoying ones.

8. Disagreed immensely. One of the things that made AC1's combat so great was that all the enemies, in theory, could do the same moves you could do, and the only difference between them is that higher level guards take more damage, counter you more often, and attack quicker. The whole system of "X enemy requires Y tactic" introduced in AC3 has made combat very predictable in my opinion. The only archetype I think it good to differentiate is the brute type, that you can't counter and have to pick away at more slowly.

9. Disagree SO much. Sleep darts made stealth unbelievably easy, to the point where I forced myself to never use them unless ABSOLUTELY necessary because it detracted from the experience. Agree with the berserk darts though. I NEVER use berserk darts unless absolutely necessary, as they make the game easy as well. Agreed there.

1. Valid points - but I think this one is really up to opinion. I agree that the idea of hidden blade combat doesn't make practical sense and some of the animations did look off, but I still preferred the option of having it as in the past-gen games plus this system allowed you to do ground/air assassinations with other weapons apart from the hidden blade.

3. Good idea - maybe they thought the work needed for the extra animations weren't worth it if it was merely for aesthetics but I don't see why they couldn't have followed your suggestion and just simply made the character run whilst holding the cane when you needed to move faster.

6. Well the way they did body shields had its flaws, but as you've pointed out it was certainly better than the 'dodge' so I'm saying they should have stuck with what they had rather than go with something new; but I agree with the ideas you put forward, a 'quick-draw' type of counter would be neat and having reduced shot accuracy from enemies as you increase the distance between them would allow fairer combat.

7. Yeah the 'conflict' option on the HUD settings was linked to the sound circle, enemy level indicators and prompts for countering bullets - wanted to keep the latter but just had to disable all of it as it was too in the way. Either make the HUD more efficient or better yet, just separate the options so you can hand-pick exactly the ones you want.

8. Don't remember AC1's combat that well, but I know it was harder than most games so in that sense I would welcome it. Again, I agree combat in AC3 did become predictable, but in Syndicate every enemy could be beaten in the same way and the brute type was no different to the standard enemies - in this case it was worst than AC3. Yes, we need a return of enemy archetypes that can't be easily countered and who generally have more health than others - I liked AC2's system where you had enemies divided by their weapons of swords, knives, spears and axes.

9. Agreed on the point of OP nature of darts in general - but I want them to keep it to add variety for stealth, perhaps just reduce the maximum number you can hold at any one time (e.g. 2 or 3 even once you have the largest pouch). Unity did it well as although you had berserk darts, smoke bombs etc. when I did the hardest co-op missions on solo, I found myself running out on those items quickly even though I held a reliance on them.

pineal_gland
11-09-2015, 02:43 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPY5uu4SntI&list=PLu6_FOgZp3egY2d7orpjP6b8-kw0uiR37&index=10

THIS is a good soundtrack.
Hear the love and passion that went into this soundtrack.

I will probably remember AC2's soundtrack my whole life.
Syndicate's soundtrack? not so much...

I-Like-Pie45
11-09-2015, 05:06 AM
Jesper Kyd is a mad phony, yo.

Fool can't even drop an elementary rhyme, fo shizzle.

Consus_E
11-09-2015, 08:25 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPY5uu4SntI&list=PLu6_FOgZp3egY2d7orpjP6b8-kw0uiR37&index=10

:rolleyes:
I don't like something that is subjective, Ubi fix it!

ziggurcat
11-09-2015, 09:45 AM
my pros:

- no multiplayer/co-op integrated into the single player campaign! i'm actually fine with MP in AC, but keep it separate, please... the social stuff in this game, at least, wasn't as invasive as BF or unity, so that was nice to also see.
- no forced/insisted peripheral apps! it was actually starting to ruin the game for me, especially when in unity, there were some things you couldn't acquire unless you downloaded a dumb app onto your phone/tablet, and played that damned thing for countless, unnecessary hours just to unlock a collectible.
- less stuff! i like collectibles, and side missions, but when over 80% of your time running around looking for chests it's just boringly tedious.
- no micro-managing! there is nothing i hate more in video games is being forced to micro-manage a "crew", so i was happy to see that i didn't have to send non-existent characters on silly "missions."

cons (or what would be nice for them to get rid of in the future)

- while there was less stuff to run around, and find, it would be great if there was a more involved story campaign, and even less side missions/collectibles.
- for the love of all that is holy, stop putting races in your games!
- can we please be given the ability to adjust the opacity of the HUD? this is more for plasma TV owners like myself, where the burn-in from the HUD sticks around for months after i've completed the game... changing the opacity would alleviated this problem.
- no more collectible maps hidden behind virtual pay walls, please! i'm not talking about the ones you can get from the merchants, i'm specifically referring to the helix glitch map (the secrets of london one was less problematic because there were photographic clues in game).
- no real progression tracker for some of the trophies. while the perks thing sort of acted like a progression tracker, some of the trophies in the PS4 version didn't (i.e. without a grudge, most unsporting, and no ticket). with a trophy that requires you to run over 5000 destructible objects, it would have been nice to know how far along you are.

i'm sure there's more on either side, bur that's just off the top of my head.

SixKeys
11-09-2015, 01:38 PM

I see your "Tour of Venice" and raise you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLbL3M11W94

I-Like-Pie45
11-09-2015, 06:04 PM
Austin Wintory be another cultural-appropriatin faker yo, I gots real word dat tha fool ripped all his bangin rhymes from 2Pac.

SIRG1970
11-11-2015, 01:51 AM
I would love to see more interactive entertainment. Maybe add several plays to watch at the theatre. Gambling/ betting on underground fights and races, weapon customization (creating own personalized weapon).

Webb_Spiderman
11-11-2015, 10:47 AM
In all the assassins creed games I have enjoyed reading through the database.
As the database is supposedly written by Shaun Hastings who is, in his own words; "a wordsmith" with a "talent for grammar." I found that grammatical errors in the database are a slight break in character.

Some Grammatical errors can be found when reading over the present day person Álvaro Gramática.
" It this wide range of knowledge that made him so valuable to Abstergo" - Missing 'is' between it and this.
"The previous bigshot, Dr. Vidic, knew how keep the Inner Sanctum unified towards a common goal" - Missing 'to' between how and keep.

You're better than this Shaun!!! Get your act together!!!

raytrek79
11-11-2015, 01:08 PM
Yes, the zipline not only needs the grapple but also an anchor, it doesn't show you placing it but you do need to be standing in a spot that can be an anchor, it implies it without showing the action, who knows how that grapple works? It may shoot the anchor down at the same time as shooting the grapple?

I am a bit disappointed because I have run out of things to do on Syndicate, I know the Ripper and Maharaja are coming but I've currently lost interest. Maybe it is because you can move around so much faster with the zipline, or maybe it is the lack of co-op multiplayer, but I've done everything of substance quite quickly. The hijack and escort feature regenerate, it may be an idea for random simple Assassination style missions to spawn in a similar way just for a bit of variety.

raytrek79
11-11-2015, 01:15 PM
My favourite thing is the return of knives, what is AC without knife kills? Almost as important as a hidden blade.

ImaginaryRuins
11-11-2015, 03:58 PM
I am rather disappointed that Clara O'Dea ends up rather insignificant. She said she would give intellegience to the Brotherhood but in the end, none; all that she gave was schematics. In fact, why not allow her to inform players about where the gang fights would initiate? At least she could be a bit more "useful" this way.

Also, the final boss fight is simply unimpressive, sorry Ubisoft. I think even a child can understand that the final boss fight should be the climax of a game. Yet that fight in Syndicate fails to deliver any excitement. Look at the fights against Al Mualim, Rodrigo Borgia, and Caesar Borgia.

raytrek79
11-11-2015, 11:49 PM
The "Little Rooks" work for Clara, when you buy the "Little Rooks" gang upgrade you press R1 when you see one and Jacob/Evie ask them what they know, they give you supplies or cash.

raytrek79
11-12-2015, 12:01 AM
More on the simple Assassination style missions, on Unity they added blue Assassin icons that were either a kill, steal, or defend ally, but you only do each once, with hijack, escort, train and boat robbery missions it seems the same kind of programming could provide that.

flavorcountry19
11-14-2015, 08:39 PM
would like for bounty/templar hunts to be made into repeatable side quests like red dead redemption! just go to the scotland yard station and pick up a poster with a bounty on it dead/alive! would just add a nice sense of end game content other then cargos!

i found it odd that all end game content that has to do with blighters involves a moving locomotive! carriage, boat, train, cargo escorts....etc not one of them can be played just with sneaking and fighting and using your tools!

BananaBlighter
11-14-2015, 11:20 PM
would like for bounty/templar hunts to be made into repeatable side quests like red dead redemption! just go to the scotland yard station and pick up a poster with a bounty on it dead/alive! would just add a nice sense of end game content other then cargos!

i found it odd that all end game content that has to do with blighters involves a moving locomotive! carriage, boat, train, cargo escorts....etc not one of them can be played just with sneaking and fighting and using your tools!

Yeah I wish we had replayable assassination missions, cargo hijacks are getting boring. However the smuggler boats are pretty good for stealth so at least there's that.

I sometimes replay the odd gang stronghold or two but especially with those crazy loading times and restricting you to stay within 5m of the area it really isn't worth it.

Voidrek
11-15-2015, 05:59 PM
If I could ask for one improvement after playing this game it would be a greater variety of enemies to fight. There are only a few different enemy types and you fight them from the beginning of the game all the way to the end of the game. There are basically three enemy types:

1. Can attack, but can't block or counter.
2. Can attack and block, but can't counter.
3. Can attack and counter.

The only other things that I remember having to deal with is some sort of flash grenade from some enemies and the QTE type sections vs both Lucy and Starrick. Also, all enemies seem to have guns they can use. But that's about it. So I definitely feel they can spice things up a bit for the next game.

I think it could have been cool to have each borough contain a certain elite type of enemy that takes on an aspect from their borough leader. So maybe in The Strand, you will have elite enemies that use voltaic bombs to stun you. Or in Westminster, there would be an enemy type that could grapple you since their leader, Lilla Graves, is supposedly a brawler. Maybe in Whitechapel, some enemies would have a short range rope launcher that they use for combat rather than traversal.

I don't know, I'm just shooting out some ideas. Anything that would break up the monotony of the simple combat. I didn't even get into the actual gang leaders themselves. The fact that they are just generic enemies was very disappointing to me. Victor Lynch, who supposedly uses voltaic bombs, did nothing of the sort when I fought him. Meanwhile, they made Lucy and Starrick share the same mechanic where they bumrush you with an identical series of attacks. Just really uninspired stuff.

I also would have loved to see some of these borough leaders get some more cutscenes to build up their characters before the final gang war. I don't know, anything to spruce up the minute to minute grinding of side activities. Everything just seems way too similar and way too easy. Not a great combination. Hell, after beating each borough leader, we get the same exact cutscene with Evie and Jacob muttering the same exact line of "Now you all work for us." Definitely one of the weaker aspects of the game.

So yeah, if I can have just one improvement for future titles it would be better enemies, both from a narrative perspective and a mechanical perspective. Take care.

RVSage
11-30-2015, 08:10 AM
I have played the game/reviewed . I enjoyed it. The setting, the graphics, the game play was fun. I loved the music. I loved the progression of modern day

BUT,
I would again add my feedback suggestions to this thread

1. The enemy AI needs improvement. The combat was super easy, even by AC standards, it was fun al right. Fun in the first go, But to play it a second time, I would like it to be more challenging. The way the guards react to seeing a body , is the first thing that needs to change,

2. The NPC characters had similar faces. I saw Agnes Mcbean all over the city, with her seeming twins. The bald headed brute , who is loved by so many, made infinite appearances. Something AC, can apply from Fallout 4, the face generation they have in it.

3. Please give the main boss fights, the same freedom , you give to other assassinations. Both Unity and Syndicate had super forced boss fights, which ruined the ending.

4. Syndicate was a great step forward, in gaining the trust of fans. But to take the franchise back to it's glory, we need more than a "funny" , "fast paced action", game. We need something on the lines of what "Inception" is to the movie world. To put it plainly, it "Should totally mindblast us". Remember AC2 ending? Remember what Desmond said when Minerva spoke to him? What the F****?(That was exactly my reaction too) That is what I want to say, when I see the ending of the next AC game.

Syndicate is a good game. But AC can do much better. I trust in the devs and writers. But Thank you for a enjoyable game in syndicate once again.

Megas_Doux
11-30-2015, 11:39 PM
Why in the world STONEHENGE was nowhere to be found in AC syndicate????? Such a missed opportunity....

cawatrooper9
11-30-2015, 11:44 PM
Why in the world STONEHENGE was nowhere to be found in AC syndicate????? Such a missed opportunity....

That's probably in the sequel, where we play as Susan Boyle and discover her secret life as an Assassin.

Locopells
12-01-2015, 01:41 AM
*wipes drink off screen*

RA503
12-01-2015, 01:45 AM
No word about the only one save file question ?

VernalBreak
12-01-2015, 01:54 AM
There were only 3 complaints I had with the game and they make it lose all even vague replayability. Here they are in order from least important to most important:

3) Hoods should be wearable in all areas. It annoys me that I can even wear Ezio's outfit but can not see the hood.

2) You can not see weapons making unlocking weapons pointless other than power. Is the whole point of a cane sword that you do not stand out with it? So why do you hide it inside your coat after every combat?

1) First strike and mutilate ruin combat making it so you one-hit almost everyone you fight. I simply want the ability to turn off bought skills. I want it so you can go into skill menu and select "unequip" on a skill. Right now the fact that you can not do anything even vaguely difficult ruins combat and free roam.

sharpblade1508
12-01-2015, 04:24 AM
They either need to have a toggle for the hood that doesn't force us to sneak, or they need to create a permanently hooded outfit, maybe a legendary assassin outfit. There's already a legendary assassin gauntlet, why not a full suit with a permanent hood to go with it?

D.I.D.
12-01-2015, 04:44 AM

Not really a very exciting site, tbh. Also there's nothing around it, and it's a long way from London so you'd be transported there and then they'd have to throw up a huge glitch wall around you to prevent you from wandering off. You could invent the most crazy tomb-like place below, but why not put that under Temple Church (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temple_Church) or the Inns of Court: actual real-life Templar landmarks? Those are much more serious omissions.

Hans684
12-01-2015, 05:32 PM

We know there is something First Civ. related there but not what. Another Temple or POE.

cawatrooper9
12-01-2015, 05:49 PM
*wipes drink off screen*

Haha, I hope I'm not responsible for that. :rolleyes: