PDA

View Full Version : Machine specs for Pacific Fighters

wildcat101
06-01-2004, 10:46 AM
I have an older machine (800MHZ,384meg ram, 32meg video card) and was wondering what the minimum specs are for Pacific Fighters. Believe it or not I can run with everything set to medium in FB and get and average of 35 fps. Thanks.

wildcat101
06-01-2004, 10:46 AM
I have an older machine (800MHZ,384meg ram, 32meg video card) and was wondering what the minimum specs are for Pacific Fighters. Believe it or not I can run with everything set to medium in FB and get and average of 35 fps. Thanks.

Yellonet
06-01-2004, 01:29 PM
The minimum requirements will probably not be any higher than for FB.

- Yellonet

Geodude
06-01-2004, 07:48 PM
We've already had several threads on this, and many have chimed in on what they "think" the spec's. will be, but to my knowledge, there has been nothing yet from any member of the development team...

I'm just hoping the guessers are correct in that they think it will be the same as FB (in which case I won't have to upgrade in order to get started with it).

heywooood
06-01-2004, 07:51 PM
In fact Geodude - the only consistant statement from the developers and programmers that post here is that "if you can run FB to your liking now, you will have no trouble with PF".. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Geodude
06-03-2004, 09:20 PM
EXCELLENT (I wasn't aware of that)!!!

DuxCorvan
06-04-2004, 12:23 PM
PF is FB in the Pacific. So, don't worry about your specs.

- Dux Corvan -
http://www.uploadit.org/DuxCorvan/Altamira2.jpg
Ten thousand years of Cantabrian skinning.

Baco-ECV56
06-04-2004, 04:09 PM
Actually I would think that a more up to date Vid card would be needed for all the graphic enchancement...
I fly FB perfectlly well with a G-Force 3 TI, but I don´t think I´ll be able to mantain Excellent graphic settings for PF thow.

3D waves, more detailed 3D models for planes etc,etc..

And who knows maybe the carrier IA, and stuf will need a little bit more of CPU power.

But I guess that the diference wont be that much. So yess I will be able to fly PF, but ot on the same level od deatil than FB i should Guess.

My Specs:
AMD 2600
1 Gig 400mhz RAM
GF 3 ti

VF-2_John_Banks
06-06-2004, 02:42 PM
And what are these graphic enhancements? AFAIK, these improvements concentrate mainly on the perfect water detail. Maybe some planes have a slightly higher poly count, but that's it. The older US planes from AEP wont be touched. The maps consists of water for the most part, so gameplay should be much smoother online. The clouds look different in PF, but i doubt that they will eat more fps in the end. They simply changed their shape. I doubt that we will get lower fps rates with "Exellent" settings. I will look like FB:AEP really. As long as you don't care about the perfect water, you'll be fine.

Geodude
06-06-2004, 02:56 PM
With all due respect, guys, I can speculate too, based on it being the same game engine, etc. But the closest thing to "official" that I've seen is what Heywooood said above...and I hope it's correct. Otherwise, I'll still wait for comment from a member of the development team before I KNOW it to be true.

heywooood
06-06-2004, 03:47 PM
Geodude - that was the gist of it, the only caveat being that you would need to upgrade your machine only to render 'perfect' water...
the water quality being scalable, to some degree, to the simmer so as not to cause major FPS hits on lesser machines.
Personally - I would like to see tracks taken with various computers, beginning with the most high-end machine down to the min. spec. at the optimum FPS for each - and see for myself what the range of beauty to playability there is - to better judge whether, or how much, to spend on any upgrade. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v250/heywooood/3tbm_avenger.jpg
Goin'fishin'

fordfan25
06-08-2004, 10:51 PM
i think the big deff is going to be the fact that the missions are going to be a little more demanding on avg. do to the fact youll be flying aginst ships with lots of aa fire and just the sheer size of the ships might taxe a pc a little harder. iv fount with f.b and aep that its more to do with your cpu than your g-card as long as its not something like a gf2. as long as your not tring to max out your cards settings