PDA

View Full Version : No Download button

Maxwellsmartz
07-12-2015, 08:52 AM
I purchased a key code for AC 4, registering code went fine, and game shows in library, but there is no "Download" button where it usually sits in the left column.

How can I download my game?

Locopells
07-12-2015, 01:12 PM
You're sure it was a code for the main game, not any add-on, right? And I assume you've tried the basic stuff, like restating Uplay, etc?

Maxwellsmartz
07-12-2015, 02:35 PM
I'm sure, the Game registered and is now in my library as mentioned.

Unless that could that happen with just an add on? Wouldn't make sense to me that it could.

Yep, tried the basics.

How long does it generally take to get an email response from support?

Black_Widow9
07-12-2015, 10:34 PM
24-48 hours but if you'd like you can also try calling. Hours and days of operation vary depending on your location. ;)
https://support.ubi.com/en-US/faq/9/3888/ubisoft-support-contact-information/kA030000000ee8ACAQ

Maxwellsmartz
07-14-2015, 06:25 AM
Support answered fairly quickly and I'm now into my approx 3rd hour of sending screenshots and notes to both the code seller and Ubsoft.

Ubisoft claims the code is for a game that comes with a disk and that's how I have to install it as it's not downloadable through uplay, but something seems shady about that when, as far as I know Ubidsoft/uplay allows downloads of games where someone has lost their disk or just to make is simple like Steam does. Is that a fact?

Actually, I just remembered that is a fact as I recently downloaded a game from uplay I lost when a hard drive failed so, all I can figure is ubisoft doesn't want to honor the code, the code that their system actually accepted but they won't let me download.

Not cool at all. anyone else had this happen or had uplay claim you can't download your game or basically lie to you for any reason?

Maxwellsmartz
07-14-2015, 11:09 AM
Got another key code, tried to register it and got an error "you already own this game"

That is clearly because I registered it already and it was accepted. But, I'm thinking to myself, EXACTLY! I do own this game, UB's system even says so, so why in the first place did Ubsoft tell me I cannot download it or that they cannot give me another key, so I can??

Did Ubsoft create a company they have no control over? lol. Of course they can do both things I mentioned, a company that ties it's own hands can't stand. To say they "can't" is just silly. The fact is, they just "won't" let me download what they know is a legit game or give me another key so the download will work.

Some customer service ya' got there UB.

Maxwellsmartz
07-14-2015, 11:24 AM
Now the download button suddenly appears and never even needed the second code....downloading now.

This could be because there never was an issue at all, the site was just not working or, they got this angry board post or angry email contact, or bandwidth was low and they didn't want to tell me the truth. I was patient, for a time, but after so many hours of this, what do they expect?

I'll see how it goes now.

Wow, run me through the ringer on this one, UB and hows about a free game for my trouble as well as an explanation right here of the truth about what happened here?

I'll look to hear from you, and you can just put that free game directly into my account, lol FC4 will do nicely. :)