PDA

View Full Version : Discussion about FR Server Settings

Slammin_
06-11-2004, 08:16 PM
O.K. To get this out of the way first, I will say that I prefer cockpit locked, and I also prefer SOME icons. As nice as the scenery is, I really do prefer ext view=off when cockpit is locked on. I do QMB when I need to see the pretty stuff. I do not like HUGE maps where you get to sightsee for 20 minutes before you should even expect to see the enemy, and if there are absolutely no icons, you MUST carry extra gas, since there is a great chance that any 'dot' you stalk, may turn out to be your new wingman.

It sure seems like the Warclouds server has figured all this out. Sucks that it is so full all the time because nobody else has figured this out it seems, so I click REJOIN alot.

Of course there are other factors as well, including map selection, plane selection etc., but there are some basic FR server settings that just work, no matter what.

Me, I will follow Warclouds lead. It is obvious that that is what the majority prefers, but also what I personally prefer too. Of course I cannot create the exact same server and missons, but the basic settings, I can follow.

Salute Sparx! You have a great feel for what we want and double Salute for providing it. I hope some take note, especially since your house is always too packed to get in!

S!

Slam

Slammin_
06-11-2004, 08:16 PM
O.K. To get this out of the way first, I will say that I prefer cockpit locked, and I also prefer SOME icons. As nice as the scenery is, I really do prefer ext view=off when cockpit is locked on. I do QMB when I need to see the pretty stuff. I do not like HUGE maps where you get to sightsee for 20 minutes before you should even expect to see the enemy, and if there are absolutely no icons, you MUST carry extra gas, since there is a great chance that any 'dot' you stalk, may turn out to be your new wingman.

It sure seems like the Warclouds server has figured all this out. Sucks that it is so full all the time because nobody else has figured this out it seems, so I click REJOIN alot.

Of course there are other factors as well, including map selection, plane selection etc., but there are some basic FR server settings that just work, no matter what.

Me, I will follow Warclouds lead. It is obvious that that is what the majority prefers, but also what I personally prefer too. Of course I cannot create the exact same server and missons, but the basic settings, I can follow.

Salute Sparx! You have a great feel for what we want and double Salute for providing it. I hope some take note, especially since your house is always too packed to get in!

S!

Slam