PDA

View Full Version : [Questions] Your Questions for the Development-Team

Ubi-Barbalatu
07-09-2015, 03:03 PM
Hi everyone,

As mentioned in Anno 2205 Developer Q&A (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1212530-Anno-2205-Developer-Q-amp-A) we want to hear from you. We want your feedback, your questions and your wishes what you would like to see in Anno 2205.

Please share your feedback and thoughts with us. We can't wait to read everything and forward the most interesting and original questions to the development team.

Kitsune_kit88
07-09-2015, 03:40 PM
Hi everyone,

As mentioned in Anno 2205 Developer Q&A (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1212530-Anno-2205-Developer-Q-amp-A) we want to hear from you. We want your feedback, your questions and your wishes what you would like to see in Anno 2205.

Please share your feedback and thoughts with us. We can't wait to read everything and forward your questions to the development team

How will the Building mechanic for buiding stuff differ from what anno done in the past? i already know about the module system tho i would love to know how it fits in differently then previous stuff.

pad11
07-09-2015, 05:47 PM
Hello! First off TYVM for continuing Anno! :)

Question re: the Season Pass...could you explain what this includes (maybe not direct examples but a general idea) and are you currently planning an expansion as well?

Thx,
pat!

sheik_92
07-09-2015, 10:04 PM
First, i'd like to state that i love Anno 2070 and because of that i already pre-ordered the 2205's digital deluxe edition =)

Second, i'm from Brazil (a country that has maaaany Anno fans [btw we deserve pt-br translation] and my english is not very good, but i'll do my best to make myself understood.

So... i have a few things to ask:
1. Will the game "explain" the ~fictional~ process that led to allowing nations (or private companies) to explore the moon? 'Cause as pointed out in the latest Vsauce video ( https://youtu.be/Ks8WH3xUo_E ) no nation can "claim" to have the the rights to colonize and explore anything outer space (except for orbits) and i thought that it would be very interesting if the game explains what happened on that matter - i would made it more believable i guess.

2. Have man kind, by the year 2205, overcame the environmental questions that were the main focus in the year 2070? Or will be sustainable development still a main concern in Anno 2205? What exactly is earth's environmental panorama by 2205 having in consideration the current scientists predictions (that, for example, a good portion of the polar calotes will melt and sea level will rise abruptly)?

3. The moon colonies will be full cities or only industrial parks? Exactly what advantages can humans obtain from colonizing the moon?

4. Are nations still divided into tycoon, eden and techs-like types?

5. Whats that orbital ring that we saw in the gameplay trailer? (the one that looks like from the movie Elysium).

6. I hear that the game will be more "easy" to learn and fast paced. Is that mean that it's complexity (in wich, in my opinion, resides the beauty of the game) is gone?

7. Will the game require a high-end pc to run with all graphics features maxed out? Is the graphic engine the same from Anno 2070? When will the minimum and recommended specs be anounced?

Yes, i guess that's all for now haha. Thanks in advance for your response! Can't wait for november 3rd!

ammods
07-10-2015, 01:24 AM
I only have one question,
when will beta be available for us testers.

xvraptor
07-10-2015, 01:35 PM
I have soo many questions and suggestions I don't even know where to start. But first... I was never soo excited in my whole life. I was watching every trailer and picture on a daily basis, countless times. I just love the fact I'm about going to the Moon!

QUESTIONS:
- Will you please share more screens and artworks from Anno games, especially from 2205?
- Will MARS be available In a future expansion pack? Or that's saved for another Anno game?
- Are there more factions than those 2 already presented?
- Side factions are full level factions? Or at least like techs from 2070 with up to 3 levels of civilizations and monuments?
- Will there be some full scale monuments like the ones we know from 1404 or 2070? Or the monuments will be "discarded" and replaced with the spaceport or space station? Can you tell us more about them? I still hope to be able to build as many monuments as I want, anywhere I want and eventually more monument types for each faction, like in 1404 with the Historic Warehouse.
- Will there be more terrain types? I guess we'll see snow at some point. What about desert? What about day, night, evening, morning themes just like in 2070?
- Will assets from the trailer be available within the game as well?
- Why have you discarded the underwater concept? I was hoping to be developed at some point even further, with underwater cities. Maybe in another game we'll visit Atlantis.
- Out of all themes available and possible for Anno games, what is / would be your favorite one? By far mine are the sci-fi ones. See below.

SUGGESTIONS:
Here are some ideas about the future of Anno. (Since we dont know much about 2205 I wont refer much to it)
- If possible find a way to return to older Anno concept, regarding the game cards / maps (more isles on same map), and not the Anno Online / 2205 system (One isle per game). Or at least make the maps (not buildable areas) a bit bigger, part of a grid and allow for free exploration of each map. And for example when I want to move to another sector I can either go to the planet view or just go with my boat to a whirlpool or with my vehicle or ship to a portal or something. The idea behind 2205 with all cities united is also very good. But it'll be even better if developed further somehow.
- Make more polls... see who wants to go where in the next Anno games. :)
- Preserve as much as possible the Anno 1404 / 2070 concept with multi themes. But by far I loved the 2070 because 3 is better than 2. Also, the more climatic regions the better. Including desert, snow, arid, volcanic, ...
- Why no whirlpools as a disaster? If possible more types of natural and artificial disasters.
- Research, Ark, Items. Upgrades, 2070. Also Each mission or achievement should give you a permanent bonus, an upgrade or unique item, or unlock some rare decorations or buildings, even monuments.
- Keep it complex. That mean longer games. More options. 2070.
- Bring back luxury goods, products available ONLY by trade with other factions. Preserve older concept with small permanent or temporary (trenchcoat) trade posts.
- More mini monuments, with various bonuses. Or fixed big scale projects. Monument upgrades.

- THEMES: Atlantida (fantasy or futuristic), Fantasy, Steampunk, Babylon, Mayan, Aztec, Industrial (*), Ancient Greece / Egypt, even more futuristic Sci-Fi themes, with Aliens as a playable faction. Eventually a mix between several themes into one game.

(*) Short. For a Fantasy Anno Game I was thinking about using the 2070 concept. We could build some fantasy underwater cities and at the same time some other cities on the many flying isles around. Flying isles could be on 2 levels, lower or higher above the sea level. Eventually mixed with some Steampunk? What do you think? Zeppelins?

(**) For an industrial theme... a looot of pollution, steam, noises, toxic clouds, rains, big ships, oils, lots of oil and trains, steam, diesel, electric, with level up depending on era we advance into. Noise, Electricity, Pollution, Weather should affect citizens in a good or bad way. Also continental ships should become damaged over time, or broken right in the middle of nowhere.

Biiig thanks and hugs.

Later edit:
- Will there be rails and monorails in Anno 2205? On moon maybe? As a puzzle piece at least?

Mapaca1988
07-10-2015, 08:32 PM
Wooaaah! where to begin ? ! :D

Well first of all! when does Steam Pre-orders, get their beta keys!! and when does the Beta start ? :)
2nd, so im guessing the obital thing is a vital part of the gam, but how.. (since the spaceelevator would'nt possible go to the moon)
3rd. monuments, is the monuments gonna be uniqe to each "sector" or is there gonna be a common set of monuments to be build? monuments on the moon?
4th. how is the warehouse function gonna work?
5th. is there a plan to expand further into space in DLC or expansions? mars colony or meteor mining ?
6th. is it gonna be a possible to build underwater again, or is it tottaly excluded?
7th. are there gonna be alien factions ?? ( i know its a long shot but still! :D )
8th. to advance in each sector, are we gonna complete missions? and is their an end mission in each sector, which after its just free build ?
9th. will we get some kind of explanation, or story how things have developed since 2070, to explain how they fixed the ecology issues, would be nice since the eco balancing has been removed.

SinFIXX
07-12-2015, 11:25 AM
-When will the collectors edition be available? I do not want to miss the beta or have to buy the game twice.

-What are the HUD and interface going to be like? Anno 2070 HUD is clunky.

-What is the save game menu like?

-Where's the ARK?

-How will trade routes work? I would like to see some way to streamline trade routes, especially complex ones such as sending building supplies to all islands. In 2070 the shipping menu was very time consuming and also, clunky.

-Will there be a way to "copy and paste" layouts for farms, or houses?

-What is the continuous game system going to be like?

-With different sessions being able to communicate, how does one deal with a failed city or city that I just don't want to use any more?

Well, I started with one question and it turned into more. Oppsies:cool:

SonicLiquid
07-14-2015, 02:20 PM
Hello,

I'm curious about the aesthetic direction that you guys have decided to take in regards to the Earth buildings. In Anno 2070, we had buildings that were very futuristic and cool (at least my opinion), with varying shapes and sizes. But from what we can see so far in Anno 2205, most of the Earth buildings appear to be glass blocks which look very similar to current day buildings. Was there a reason for this art direction?

Ubi-Barbalatu
07-15-2015, 10:22 AM
Hi everyone,

Thank you for your questions and suggestions so far. I forwarded the first batch to the development team. As soon as I have some answers, you will find them in Answers from the development team (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1212569-Answers-from-the-development-team). So keep sending your questions, feedback and suggestions :)

Cheers,
Barbalatu

nobodys_home
07-15-2015, 07:10 PM
Hi everyone,

Thank you for your questions and suggestions so far. I forwarded the first batch to the development team. As soon as I have some answers, you will find them in Answers from the development team (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1212569-Answers-from-the-development-team). So keep sending your questions, feedback and suggestions :)

Cheers,
Barbalatu

Hope i'm not too late to ask a few questions:
It's been mentioned there won't be mod support, which is okay. But will ubisoft be actively trying to prevent it?
Its obvious uplay will require you to be logged into play, but will the anno 2205 be DRM or will it have an offline mode?
How will resources other than energy be transported to Earth from the moon and vice versa? Like in anno 2070 you had ships to transport resources from island to island.
How are maps going to be generated? Will they be structured or procedurally generated? Also will it be the same for the moon?
Do we get underwater construction again? :D

Thanks in advance!
~nobodyshome

oofd
07-16-2015, 04:35 PM
@ nobodys_home

At E3 they said they wouldnt stand in the way of modders. But they aren't going to receive much support either. Thats how I understood it.

I love this franchise so much. For me, its all about the continuous games! When making a huge creation things get really complicated after like 150hours. So I have a few smal suggestions:

- TEMPLATES I would really love to have a way to make templates in this game. So that for example, I build 4 production farms with a warehouse and roads. I can select all those buildings and save it as a template to build it again later. Or some sort of virtual zone where you create templates, name them and save them to use ingame. That would be glorious!

- CALCULATOR At a certain point in continuous you really need one. If you don't make it somebody else will, but I won't be as good. Make one yourselves and implement it ingame.

- Give us the option between two road building systems. Hold left click and drag OR click again to build.

- When building roads, add a little numer next to the mouse pointer that indicates how long your road is (how many blocks). You could add such things as a checkbox in the game settings for those who would find it usefull.

Anyway, I'm excited about this new Anno, I'm going to the moon!

strontcilum
07-17-2015, 06:30 AM
Hello,

I have been a fan from the Anno series since the beginning (anno 1602), I never liked the combat (except against pirates and NPC random events like the invasion in Anno2070) and I love building nice creations. The addition of coop multiplayer was to me the best thing that ever happened me and my friends could work together and show off the creations we made. As you guys said in an interview (http://steamcommunity.com/app/375910/discussions/0/523890046879077104/) there will not be a multiplayer because basically the matches take hours (if not days seriously). I don't care for PvP but I do care for PvE. To be honest I can understand the absence in the early games, internet was not that well developed back then but leaving it out in a 2015 game makes me sad.

I really want to ask you guys why you also removed the coop feature from the multiplayer? And do you plan on bringing coop back into the game?

Thanks

Apoll1976
07-22-2015, 12:04 PM
Are we going to see curved roads?

Ubi-Barbalatu
07-22-2015, 05:30 PM
Hope i'm not too late to ask a few questions:
~nobodyshome

Hi,

It is never too late to ask a few questions. Just keep asking, we are continuously forwarding everything to the Dev-Team

Regards,
Barbalatu

Inc2011
07-23-2015, 12:26 AM
1. When is Beta-Release? Me and some friends decided to buy it preordered as soon we know the Beta release date.

2. Arc? or different System?

3. Is it possible to play multiplayer maps with friends also when friends currently not online so we do not have gather all time. It is difficult to get alll together at once. Or other Players disapear like in anno 2070. When you start the map without them.

Thank you lot, if we will know when the Beta starts we will support the DEV-Team with constructiv feedback without wishesh or suggestions, like we do in other games.

Inc

PS: where i have to write if i want the Ubisoft permission for Gameplay viewing on Youtube for german language. Of corse just with game release date.

Killidan
07-23-2015, 06:58 PM
Hi

Always enjoyed the game but always wondered when will you have it go trough time, let's say start by 1404 and go through to 2205

sheik_92
07-23-2015, 07:59 PM
Hey, Ubi-Barbalatu

Still no answers for the first batch of questions that you sent for the devs?

When can we expect more news (maybe a new trailer and screenshots/recommended specs) about the game?

Thanks!

Ubi-Barbalatu
07-23-2015, 08:05 PM
Hey, Ubi-Barbalatu

Still no answers for the first batch of questions that you sent for the devs?

When can we expect more news (maybe a new trailer and screenshots/recommended specs) about the game?

Thanks!

Hi,

I believe next week we should have some answers for you :)

I am excited as well. Cannnnnnnnn't wait

Thanks,
Barbalatu

stylisticsagi
07-30-2015, 05:15 PM
1-It has always been a shame that in a very economic game like anno prices where on some minor occasions "fixed". Will there be a more global pricing scale based om something like consumption, buy/sell rate that would really affect a goods price?
For example when a lot of players are producing fish (not that this is gonna be the base resource anymore haha) the price would go so low that is cheaper to buy it then to produce it. where when almost no one is p[roducing it the price would eb very high and selling would be very very profitable.

2- will there be a global market that players are much more able to buy things with their money rather then only "do it with what the few traders have to offer"? This could be nice with off map trading

3- how much fun multiplayer games are anno is just to time-consuming to make it really enjoyable multiplayer game. Will the AI be back like a "normal" player. 2070 was really a game breaker when it came to AI.

Further i'd like to wish you all succes on the newest anno title!!

Saponi360
07-30-2015, 06:24 PM
When will the Beta be released?

Tei_Shima
07-30-2015, 07:15 PM
In the future of 2205 do you plan on any expansions on allowing us to visit Mars?
What do you expect the future of the Anno series to be in general?
Will there be any combat in the upcoming and/or future games in the Anno series?

muawiyajabber
07-30-2015, 10:38 PM
Hi,

I would like to thank you for the No. 1 city building game series ever.
I have 2 questions.
1. Why not to make many varieties of buildings especially buildings of inhabitants, cause they seems to be blocks with same theme.
2. Is there any plan to have Mars as a DLC so allowing the players to build there with its unique buildings and environment elements.

Thanks again.

BreVDD8
07-30-2015, 10:40 PM
Hi

Here are my questions for the devs:

How exactly does the multiple sessions work. Are it completely different games or are the worlds alive and do they all produce products/goods simultaneously? So, are we really playing on earth and on the moon at the same time? Or is it more like to separate games that work together?
Since all games add up together, are you able to delete a game you are not happy with, or exclude it from the "total game"?
Will we be able to play on lands that are random generated or de we only have a select few landscapes we can start on.
The economic part is reworked, are we still able to see the number of good decreasing or increasing? Or is it more like "i want some food", because that would be too minimal and bad.
I hear a lot of talk about how easy this game will be for new people, will people who actually liked Anno 2070 for it's complexity and multiple ways to do stuff, still enjoy this game (how so)? (On the same note, we still will have long production chains?)
Will there still be trading routes on earth or is that replace by simply one big island (or multiple island connected by bridges)?
It's said you can progress at your own pace. Will there be some disasters (as in anno 2070) to make the game exiting and a little difficult?

Thanks in advance!

Thief_349
07-31-2015, 03:44 PM
Hey. I have only played anno 2070 of the series and I love it.

The thing i liked most were the underwater islands. I think it's a real shame that you don't allow the possibility for underwater cities. You should really think of imlpementing it. if not now, then amybe for an expansion. You should also, as previously mentioned by others, include mod support. IMHO, it's a mistake not to do so.

But regarding questions:
Did you have ever considered the possibility for the building of mega-towers?

And: is it possible to 'enter' the orbital space colonie and build inside it?

That's all. Thank you for your time.

leea557
07-31-2015, 05:39 PM
The only thing that annoys me about games is when there is not a lot of missions to play. So please tell me there will be a lot of missions to play through with a good story. lots of things to explore and if you discover you will get rewards in game.

I don really like sandbox games kinda bores me. so when campaign Is done the game is over. which is a shame.

well lets hope there's more than anno 2070 which I think had 10 , still love the game and its expansion. but really should be like 30 plus for the price etc

Lee

kpo1379
08-01-2015, 03:08 AM
Hi, I have a question.

Why has the pre-order beta been removed after telling customers who have already paid that they would get access to a pre-order beta?

kruemelfelix
08-01-2015, 11:18 AM
Is there a Multiplayer in Anno 2205? I think Anno is better together.

Suomynnona
08-03-2015, 03:17 AM
Hi, I have a question.

Why has the pre-order beta been removed after telling customers who have already paid that they would get access to a pre-order beta?

I would like to know this, as well.

As would MANY players who paid extra, after initially being told Closed Beta access was available to Gold Edition.

1) Why was the Closed Beta removed, after being guaranteed ?
2) Why were the pre-order customers not notified? (except rather quietly, only on these forums, while websites, stores, etc continued to promote the pre-sale beta access)
3) Why are fans at Gamescom allowed to play the game, but fans who've PAID for guaranteed access are denied the promised Beta?
4) Why has Ubisoft been so noticeably silent on any questions about the Beta?

Guarantee on UbiBlog (http://blog.ubi.com/be-a-part-of-the-anno-2205-closed-beta/)

.... Players that pre-order either version of the game get guaranteed access to the closed beta. More details about the Gold Edition and the closed beta will become available before Anno 2205’s release on PC November 3, 2015. ....

Quiet retraction (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1237098-Anno2205-Pre-order-offers-update)

As you may know, Anno 2205 will be playable for the first time by fans at Gamescom next week. We are indeed very excited to put the game in the players’ hands and we will look forward to receiving feedback at this occasion. However, we won’t be able to hold the previously announced closed beta. Still, we can’t wait to take you to the moon on November 3rd.

Hindrik-1997
08-03-2015, 09:50 AM
Hello,

Will this game properly support triple monitors? With which i mean that it won't put the HUD on the left and right monitors, but put them in the middle one?
Hopefully this will finally be implemented.

Many thanks,

guest-emDCZhOc
08-03-2015, 04:05 PM
Hi guys,
I hope there will be more military aspects in Anno 2205. I think there will be good if there are lot of types of military units in Anno 2205. Thanks guys.

jasonkorwes
08-05-2015, 12:29 PM
So I know beta offer has been cancelled. with that being said the developers have changed the contents. What I would like to know what dose the season pass is going to offer? You said we will have a new command ship? What makes this command ship different from the original non pre order command ship? Is it just a skin or is there a physical game difference? I know this is a city builder/strategy game but a sail boat doesn't sound like a good command ship when in Anno 2070 u had at least what looks like a PTO boat that can defend it self. Honestly like to see a better command ship that is more war oriented and not a passive vehicle. What's the Situation with Deep Sea game material for the game will there be plans to add it in as a expansion later on? Fan Of Anno 2070 but disappointed how the beta was cancelled for 2205 with no reason and how it was only announced on Forums. Could Have been handled better.

Retro36
08-05-2015, 11:24 PM
I've read through your reasonings for the Q&A, "full transparency" and a good "communication" between developers, but at the moment I feel a -100% communication between us and yourselves.

I'd like to know, exactly why the beta was cancelled, not because "it had to be" but more specific, if the game is slightly buggy at this stage? Tell us! You won't lose any more preorders or refunds then you already have.

I'd like to know what extra content you'll be offering for pre orderers, because I'm not joking, a skin, and an emblem for no multiplayer is a total, and complete "**** you", to all those "Annoholics" that supported you, those who you lied to, betrayed and left in the dark.

I'd like to know where bluebyte stands the "full transparency" and yet it feels impossible to get the slightest information out of them.

Finally, I'd like to know when everyone who preordered is getting an apology? Perhaps for being lied to, and kept in the dark, and being made a fool of. And also, when the announcement of the CANCELLED Beta will be made to social media, so the other 99% of "Annoholics" who don't use this forum, don't spend 3-4 months waiting on a beta they were lied to about.

Thanks again, however like the rest of this "forum", I doubt it'll be read by anyone who can answer.

Greg1899
08-06-2015, 06:59 AM
Hi
Sorry for my English, but I have few questions about demo game play:
1. We didn't need any building modules for biuld houses, and any tools, glass, steel etc. for upgrade to next level?! And this same for production buildings?
2. We didn't need city center?!
3. New kind of houses (6x6)?!
4. We didn't have any information how many inhabitants live in houses (for example 8/8, 17/25 etc)?
5. Will be any monuments, depots, warehouses?
6. No any production trees in menu?
7. Bigger islans, but not bigger world (in one session)? In Anno 2070 were 25-30 islands on biggests world, but here we have only 3 island (in demo), or 4-5 island (on one of screenshots)? Really?
8. When we build any building we didn't see any hitpoints (for range and production fields)?
Thanks for answer (i hope) :)

Suomynnona
08-06-2015, 11:29 AM
I've read through your reasonings for the Q&A, "full transparency" and a good "communication" between developers, but at the moment I feel a -100% communication between us and yourselves.

I'd like to know, exactly why the beta was cancelled, not because "it had to be" but more specific, if the game is slightly buggy at this stage? Tell us! You won't lose any more preorders or refunds then you already have.

I'd like to know what extra content you'll be offering for pre orderers, because I'm not joking, a skin, and an emblem for no multiplayer is a total, and complete "**** you", to all those "Annoholics" that supported you, those who you lied to, betrayed and left in the dark.

I'd like to know where bluebyte stands the "full transparency" and yet it feels impossible to get the slightest information out of them.

Finally, I'd like to know when everyone who preordered is getting an apology? Perhaps for being lied to, and kept in the dark, and being made a fool of. And also, when the announcement of the CANCELLED Beta will be made to social media, so the other 99% of "Annoholics" who don't use this forum, don't spend 3-4 months waiting on a beta they were lied to about.

Thanks again, however like the rest of this "forum", I doubt it'll be read by anyone who can answer.

*LIKE*
*THUMBS UP*

Nicely done.

And, may I say....
"DITTO"

andrew_m50
08-06-2015, 02:19 PM
Questions:

1. Will there be natural disasters in Anno 2205?
2. Will we be able to build underwater just like in Anno 2070?
3. Will there be commercial and/or military flying vehicles?

Thank you in advance, devs!

Mapaca1988
08-07-2015, 03:09 PM
Wooaaah! where to begin ? ! :D

Well first of all! when does Steam Pre-orders, get their beta keys!! and when does the Beta start ? :)
2nd, so im guessing the obital thing is a vital part of the gam, but how.. (since the spaceelevator would'nt possible go to the moon)
3rd. monuments, is the monuments gonna be uniqe to each "sector" or is there gonna be a common set of monuments to be build? monuments on the moon?
4th. how is the warehouse function gonna work?
5th. is there a plan to expand further into space in DLC or expansions? mars colony or meteor mining ?
6th. is it gonna be a possible to build underwater again, or is it tottaly excluded?
7th. are there gonna be alien factions ?? ( i know its a long shot but still! :D )
8th. to advance in each sector, are we gonna complete missions? and is their an end mission in each sector, which after its just free build ?
9th. will we get some kind of explanation, or story how things have developed since 2070, to explain how they fixed the ecology issues, would be nice since the eco balancing has been removed.

#Ubi-Barbalatu I have a follow up question for the devs, on the quest question.
how do we unlock new sectors? is it through some Meta quest or is it time based ?
or something entirely different?

Mapaca1988
08-07-2015, 03:10 PM
Uh are there gonna be ground based battle again ?

BlueBreath
08-07-2015, 10:30 PM
2. Will we be able to build underwater just like in Anno 2070?

even if i bashed u a bit for the beta still an anno fan and I feel this question has merit so i repeated it.

xvraptor
08-08-2015, 07:57 AM
@Mapaca1988
2. The orbital ring might work very similar to Anno 2070 Ark.
3. Yes there will be a monument on the moon. But i'm also wondering if the monuments will be like those from 1404 or 2070 or fixed location monuments like a bridge here , a dam there, etc.
4. In the beginning I think warehouses will work similar to those from classic Anno games. Each isle with its warehouse. Later they might work very very similar to those from Anno Online, after u complete a bridge between those isles.
5. Mars might come later who knows... as a very small colony just like on the moon, although i'd rather wait for another Anno setting where i can build huge metropolises on mars.
6. No underwater colonies at this time. Maybe in a futher expansion pack.
7. Clearly way too soon for alien factions to come into the game. We won't even have alien visitors yet. We need to develop our technology a bit more in order to explore and build metropolies on mars or other distant planets from our solar system or our galaxy. So that must wait for a futher Anno game.
8. You can complete missions but it won't end your game settings. It will be endless. To unlock things you need to just expand your population.
9. Long story short Tycoons embraced Eco technology.

@andrew_m50
1. Yes. Tornado and Volcano.

@Ubi-Barbalatu
What happened to the Q&A?

Suomynnona
08-09-2015, 04:28 PM
It's been a week-and-half since the first 'answers'.

I'm wondering if this was just another farce?
Surely someone could be answering questions, even if it's just 4 per day. But certainly not an unreasonable expectation to get a half-dozen per week.

So, what gives?
I'd still love to hear the answers about the issues surrounding the Beta cancellation.
Granted, Mr. Boss-who-hates-PC's is biased, we already knew that. But to make a guarantee, then blatantly disregard it with no attempt to mollify the customers....?? (would love to hear the rationale behind THAT, as well)

Nicked111
08-11-2015, 02:53 PM
Hello. I have two questions to Anno Developers.
1. Can users who have bought Anno 2205 in pre-order get a demo version of this game?
2. Why have i seen some footage from game?
Anno Series are my favourite so i would like to play it before the game release.
I like to play Anno 2070 a lot and i want to play Anno 2205

danibwoi
08-12-2015, 12:35 AM
Will there be sidequests from random npc's you discover like in Anno 1404? Was always a nice addition.

ovelord2304
08-12-2015, 05:15 PM
Q : will we ever get another post in the awnsers thread?

Ubi-Barbalatu
08-13-2015, 10:05 AM
Q : will we ever get another post in the awnsers thread?

You will and everyone else as well. After GC the team was very busy but it is planned to have more answers next week. Sorry for the delay.

ammods
08-14-2015, 12:44 AM
when are you going to come clean on the real reason you canceled the beta, we the people have the right to know why you screwed us over on the beta,

ovelord2304
08-17-2015, 03:46 PM
Q : Are you just keeping us busy with this hoping we'll all just forget about this?

Suomynnona
08-18-2015, 02:08 PM
Day 2 of "we're going to respond to ALL questions" week.

*echoing silence.....*

*crickets chirping.....*

Ubi-Barbalatu
08-18-2015, 07:38 PM
Hi

Here are my questions for the devs:
How exactly does the multiple sessions work. Are it completely different games or are the worlds alive and do they all produce products/goods simultaneously? So, are we really playing on earth !

Hi,

When the game starts it feels like your typical Anno game, where the player has multiple islands to choose from and the goal is to build up their city and infrastructure. As the game evolves, there will be additional sessions for players to choose from. All sessions are connected and run in parallel so players are free to switch between any sessions as soon as they load the game. Trade routes weave a net around them to create one powerful corporation. We’ve really streamlined it through testing and are working closely together with the Ubisoft gamelab teams to implement players’ feedback. The overall complexity of Anno remains the same, but we have developed something much more flexible and scalable because it is distributed over multiple sessions. Beginners and newcomers to the brand will benefit from this.

I hope this helps.
Barbalatu

Suomynnona
08-21-2015, 01:39 AM
Day 4 of the week has passed.

I had the hope that they were in a pattern, and would post on Thursday, but.... *silence*

Tomorrow is the last day of the week in which we were promised more answers. Maybe we'll get some responses on the questions on most of our minds?
And the game-play ones, too! ^_^

Suomynnona
08-21-2015, 11:30 PM
You will and everyone else as well. After GC the team was very busy but it is planned to have more answers next week. Sorry for the delay.

You've stated last week (8/13) that we'd have answers this week. It's now Friday, 5:20 CST. And, no posts.
It's now been 6 weeks since your original post requesting feedback and questions, and 3 weeks since the first and only (and rather limited) response.

I can't speak for everyone, but I'd guess that the overall opinion of those who try to stay abreast of developments is rapidly dropping. What with the broken pre-order promises, utter lack of communication on that topic, and now the lack of responses to the "Q/A for developers" thread.

Any feedback at all?

Osymandias88
08-22-2015, 06:54 AM
Hey, I have a question about monuments in Anno 2205.

Will be there any monuments on Earth like Science Forum in Anno 2070? I mean, I want to see a big and high building that will be a center of my city.

ovelord2304
08-25-2015, 10:59 AM
Q : How comes we still haven't gotten a reason for the beta cancelation or atleast a apology?

Ubi-Barbalatu
08-25-2015, 01:05 PM
Hi,

we posted new answers here: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1212569-Answers-from-the-development-team?p=10977421&viewfull=1#post10977421

You can discuss those answers in the appropriate thread: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1212603-Discussion-Answers-from-the-Development-Team?p=10911597#post10911597

Greetings,
Barbalatu

Irishoholic
08-27-2015, 06:04 PM
You said in an answer for another person "The moon colonies are not real cities. The moon still is a hostile environment to be tamed by the player, not a place offering quality of life"

Why not colonise the moon? From one of your trailers it shows shields protect structures why not have us do it for the civilian population, it would actually provide some challenges in the game. When I first watched the trailer I got excited to build a city on the moon as that it how it looked to me, if that wasn't a city on the horizon then what was it. I didn't feel the challenges Anno 2070 had to offer compared to 1404, please make it somewhat challenging (Build a moon city have meteors damage it) or make the next anno a med-evil game :)

Also, when you buy out an island is self-destructing the city "not realistic" I was disappointed in Anno 2070 that you couldn't take over a city and begin earning an income from it or buy it back when an A.I. player bought out my city that I spend hours building only for it to be wiped away.

Ubi-Barbalatu
09-01-2015, 06:31 PM
Hi Guys,

we translated some questions from the German community, please check our thread: Answers from the development team (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1212569-Answers-from-the-development-team).

Please use [Discussion] Answers from the Development-Team (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1212603-Discussion-Answers-from-the-Development-Team) to share your thoughts with other community members.

Enjoy,
Barbalatu

Mapaca1988
09-02-2015, 09:18 AM
So with Anno 2205 we are getting pretty far out in the future... and the buildings and units, etc. looks rather futuristic. and i would theorize, that in reallity, the looks, wouldn't change to much. but, it is fair to assume, that technology would advance and devellop quite fast, id say, also faster than inanno :P already in real life, a Mars colony is being planned.

sooo for the questions, based on these things.
will we see tevhnology, corresponding to 200 years of development ?
in this title, or future titles, will there be more space exploration? option to build space stations ? as i have asked before as well, (sorry) Mars colonies, astroid mining, traveling to other planets in our solar system... maybe travel, to other known solar systems with planetsthatsupport life, based on real life todays keplar exploration. since you have opend the door for fusion energy, in therory you can peform high velocity and deep space travel, dont really know about the space folding, but hey, its stil fiction :P allthough wormhole travel actually isnt that far out, in theory at least :P
will there be a kind of faction that tracks space travel ? like NASA
will anno ever develop, in future titles a galactic city builder, would work awesomely with the session tool...
the possibilityof creating your own Sub AI company's to imrove micromanageing, with a wide array of leader chioces, with different strengths and weaknesses..
and i implore you to reconsider to bring back the deep sea option... it is by far one of the best features, u ever made...
will maps, be geograhical correct in some places, or are they custom made to fit the challenges of each sector ?
how will reserach differ from anno 2070 ?
can we get som more info on the emblem, we get from pre-order, does it have a function, or is it just for show ? also can we get more sreenshots of ship skins ?
are there gonna be air travel between individual sectors one earth, and not just the moon and earth ?
how many sectors will be availeble, on earth and the moon ?
is anno just an awesome series or what, you can pretty much make a game, based on any historical time, be it the colonising of the americas, expanding europe, the japanse sea.... even take it into space....

i hope you know that you have blasted open the doors, and set new standards for nt just city building, but the entire strategy game genre. since you moved it into space. with a very uniqe play and control style, from what we can see in the demo's, and other vids, and screenshots...

ovelord2304
09-02-2015, 04:15 PM
Why was the beta cancelled

Ubi-Barbalatu
09-02-2015, 08:54 PM
Its obvious uplay will require you to be logged into play, but will the anno 2205 be DRM or will it have an offline mode?

Thanks in advance!
~nobodyshome

Yes, there is an offline mode. While we have developed features for players who like to play online and connect to community-focused features, players can enjoy Anno 2205 without going online at all, with the choice of how to play is left to the player.

I hope this helps :)

Regards,
Barbalatu

Ubi-Barbalatu
09-02-2015, 08:56 PM
Hey, I have a question about monuments in Anno 2205.

Will be there any monuments on Earth like Science Forum in Anno 2070? I mean, I want to see a big and high building that will be a center of my city.

Hi MR.CORVIN.

Thank you for your questions - here the answer :)

Instead of monuments like in the last two Anno games, we decided to include a system that is similar to the castle system in Anno 1701. Players will be able to raise gigantic headquarters. Also the space port will be upgradable, allowing for more advanced technologies.

Regards,
Barbalatu

ovelord2304
09-03-2015, 05:11 PM
Why was the beta canceled, and stop deleting my posts

Darkbirt
09-03-2015, 08:55 PM
Is it possible to move buildings in ANNO 2205 like in ANNO Online? This is something I find annoying in the previous ANNO games, we always needed to destroy a building and then build it again. This is really annoying certainly if you need to move the whole city around the monument.

ovelord2304
09-04-2015, 09:11 AM
From what I gathered yes, you can, free of any sort of cost

Darkbirt
09-11-2015, 01:07 PM
Is their a shield generator for earth residences?

ovelord2304
09-12-2015, 08:41 AM
Is their a shield generator for earth residences?

From what I can personaly gather, no there isn't a need for one

Lord_Puggles
09-14-2015, 09:42 AM
I would like to ask a few questions if I may,

1. We were told that we can add modules to various buildings to enhance their productivity/reduce energy/etc., Is there a limit on how many modules we can attach to one building, or is it simply defined by how much space we have?

2.As production buildings need workers to work there, is it possible to have an entire sector just with residences and another sector with all the production buildings and simply have the population travel between the islands? (by passenger boat or otherwise)

3.Will we be able to board and steal hostile ships in crisis sectors and then add them to our own fleet?

Thank you for your time.
~Chaos

Edit: 4. We were told that instead of Monuments, there will be a system that is similar to the castle system in Anno 1701. do you have any more information on that, which you are willing to share?

Ubi-Barbalatu
09-14-2015, 04:22 PM
From what I can personaly gather, no there isn't a need for one

Hi,

The shield generator is only available on the moon to protect your residences for incoming meteorites. :)

Regards,
Barbalatu

Darkbirt
09-16-2015, 02:17 PM
Hi,

The shield generator is only available on the moon to protect your residences for incoming meteorites. :)

Regards,
Barbalatu

That is annoying, as the shield generator was the most important military building to protect against disasters and an attack.

Lord_Puggles
09-17-2015, 07:30 AM
That is annoying, as the shield generator was the most important military building to protect against disasters and an attack.

There wont be any military combat in your building sectors, the only time that you find yourself in combat, is when you send your fleet to crisis sectors, as far as I understand.

Darkbirt
09-17-2015, 11:07 AM
There wont be any military combat in your building sectors, the only time that you find yourself in combat, is when you send your fleet to crisis sectors, as far as I understand.

Wait a minute, are they going to ruin the original game play. I actually enjoyed destroying the city's of computer players, is this gone. Please don't ruin the gameplay.

Lord_Puggles
09-17-2015, 11:56 PM
Wait a minute, are they going to ruin the original game play. I actually enjoyed destroying the city's of computer players, is this gone. Please don't ruin the gameplay.

if I remember correctly, they had to do this due to the multiple instances that you are playing on, if AI were to attack you in multiple instances, you would most likely loose due to it taking time to switch between them, but the destruction of your city would continue... I think

TRobbeS
09-19-2015, 04:26 PM
Hello,

I have been a fan from the Anno series since the beginning (anno 1602), I never liked the combat (except against pirates and NPC random events like the invasion in Anno2070) and I love building nice creations. The addition of coop multiplayer was to me the best thing that ever happened me and my friends could work together and show off the creations we made. As you guys said in an interview (http://steamcommunity.com/app/375910/discussions/0/523890046879077104/) there will not be a multiplayer because basically the matches take hours (if not days seriously). I don't care for PvP but I do care for PvE. To be honest I can understand the absence in the early games, internet was not that well developed back then but leaving it out in a 2015 game makes me sad.

I really want to ask you guys why you also removed the coop feature from the multiplayer? And do you plan on bringing coop back into the game?

Thanks

Fully agree.

In Anno 2070, I experienced the best multiplayer possibilities (PvP and coop-same-player) of all real time strategy and trading games, I own. That is one of the main reasons, I like this game (and why I bought it about 10 times for all PC's and laptops for our gaming weekends - and every license is it worth).

I hope it will be similar (also coop/PvP) in 2205. Else I have to think very hard if I spend money for it !! So maybe Ubisoft will balance it up, how often they want to sell it ... ??

UNFORTUNATELY the support cannot tell facts although only 6 weeks are left

le212405
09-22-2015, 01:47 AM
I have a few questions for the Dev team.

1) I noticed that you only have one source for energy, the wind farm. Is this the only one for now? Will it be upgradeable to other things? Are there no nuclear power plants, coal plants, solar power like in Anno 2070?

2) Are the buildings and resources the same for all factions/corporations? Or are these just one factions worth of buildings?

3) I know you can't do PVP on these maps, but will there be any type of multiplayer feature in coming later? Such as stock markets, trading, or anything that lets you play with your friends?

4) Are there any plans to bring the under water part to the 2205?

5) I noticed in one of the screenshots on your website that you had buildings built on hills. Is that just for show or will there be multi level terrain to build one?

Just some simple questions for you guys. I don't expect answers to them all, but just wondering if any of these questions can be answered before the release date.

Thank you and good luck on the final weeks of Development.

Elrigh
09-22-2015, 07:00 PM
I have a few questions for the Dev team.
1) I noticed that you only have one source for energy, the wind farm. Is this the only one for now? Will it be upgradeable to other things? Are there no nuclear power plants, coal plants, solar power like in Anno 2070?

This is a good question. There are several buildings for energy production listed on the homepage and it seems that every Region has its own.

For temperated Earth regions there is only the windpark (no solar arrays)
For the Arktis there is a gas power plant (makes sense not to build windparks or solar arrays because of the harsh weather)
For the Moon there are solar arrays (for the start I think) and fusion reactors.

The real life interests in establishing a moon base is the assumed amount of Helium 3 on the moon, which could help to solve the growing energy usage of mankind. In a game about colonizing the moon I would expect that transfering Helium 3 to earth would be a major goal. But it looks like there is no use for it on earth (yet).

If I would make such a game, I would create a wonder which needs massive amounts of Helium 3, so that the player would have to produce and transfer a lot of Helium 3 to earth. Maybe we see something like this in the game.

Bombe172
09-23-2015, 09:10 PM
Why are you making a game like simcity ?

You told that you listen your players. But right now, I see that you make wrong choise.
You are making a game without war, pnj and ONLINE , with a system of point for unlock new ships.
You are doing a game like EA games. That points system killed CNC series (ref Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight).
Making a game without online is a good way to kill anno's series.
:mad:

Elrigh
09-23-2015, 09:58 PM
We havenīt seen much of the moon gameplay so here is something I was wondering about:

It was said that there is no war on the building maps because players complained about their cities (being build in several hours) are destroyed during the war. Thats something I donīt understand because I was never forced to wage war in Anno 2070 and everyone who started a war should have been known that you can loose it. So why should people complain?

On the Moon it seems you have a bombardement from Asteroids going on constantly. At least in the E3 Trailer you can see Harvesters in the middle of an asteroid rain. You also need to build shield generators to protect against the Asteroids.

Now I wonder how much damage the asteroids can make. Is it possbile to get your moon buildings destroyed or not?

Bombe172
09-24-2015, 05:47 PM
We havenīt seen much of the moon gameplay so here is something I was wondering about:

It was said that there is no war on the building maps because players complained about their cities (being build in several hours) are destroyed during the war. Thats something I donīt understand because I was never forced to wage war in Anno 2070 and everyone who started a war should have been known that you can loose it. So why should people complain?

On the Moon it seems you have a bombardement from Asteroids going on constantly. At least in the E3 Trailer you can see Harvesters in the middle of an asteroid rain. You also need to build shield generators to protect against the Asteroids.

Now I wonder how much damage the asteroids can make. Is it possbile to get your moon buildings destroyed or not?

If they dont want any war, they add "peace" each begining or they dont add any offensif PNJ. That all.
Guys who complains are destroying that game.
For all complainer about war, you are in ANNO not in simcity or sims life !

Elrigh
09-24-2015, 10:53 PM
If they dont want any war, they add "peace" each begining or they dont add any offensif PNJ. That all.
Guys who complains are destroying that game.
For all complainer about war, you are in ANNO not in simcity or sims life !

That exactly is the point. Ubisoft said "Players complained about War and destroyed cities, thats why we changed the form of war." I donīt know anyone who complained about the war in the former Anno Games and I have not read any complaints in Forums or Chats. I believe that Ubisoft uses this alleged complainment as an excuse not to have warfare in the usual way like in former Anno Games.

The true Reason is, that it would make the game harder to program and harder to play. Ubisoft tries to make the Game more Casual friendly to draw more players to it.

One Casual friendly point I noticed is that there seems to be no way to ruin the game by accident.

You can not run out of Ressources so that you are unable to build essential production buildings. In Anno 1404 (and in 2070 I think) you where able to kill your game by running out of wood and tools before you build a proper production for these. In Anno 2205 the essential ressource is biopolymere, you can run out of it before building a production but there are crates lying around the isles which you can pick up and which are spawning or respawning constantly - as far as I have seen in the demo. So you can scroll around the Map and gather as much as you need to build what you have forgotten.

It seems that there is no Tax-Manipulation in the game anymore. And at least in the Demo there seems to be no way to make your citiziens unhappy. If thats true they will not start protests and riots. Besides - there seems to be no reason for rising the Taxes, at least in the gameplays players had plenty of Credits.

At least one Youtuber mentioned that there may be severeal difficulty settings in the game (he described the new "Move" tool and said that the cost of moving something depends on the difficulty setting).

Everything I have seen yet gives me the impression that you can not ruin your game and that makes sense since Ubisoft said we are supposed to spend more time in one game than in every Anno before.

Thats why I asked about the moon. Are Asteroids a threat which can cause real destruction or are they more an nuisance?

diegovilaga
09-25-2015, 02:55 PM
How are ship going to work! Provided that military will be isolated from the main frame of the game, how about civil ships that will trade between sectors? May u need to create them and asign them to the "route" or the will appear automatically?

Bombe172
09-25-2015, 06:03 PM
That exactly is the point. Ubisoft said "Players complained about War and destroyed cities, thats why we changed the form of war." I donīt know anyone who complained about the war in the former Anno Games and I have not read any complaints in Forums or Chats. I believe that Ubisoft uses this alleged complainment as an excuse not to have warfare in the usual way like in former Anno Games.

The true Reason is, that it would make the game harder to program and harder to play. Ubisoft tries to make the Game more Casual friendly to draw more players to it.

One Casual friendly point I noticed is that there seems to be no way to ruin the game by accident.

You can not run out of Ressources so that you are unable to build essential production buildings. In Anno 1404 (and in 2070 I think) you where able to kill your game by running out of wood and tools before you build a proper production for these. In Anno 2205 the essential ressource is biopolymere, you can run out of it before building a production but there are crates lying around the isles which you can pick up and which are spawning or respawning constantly - as far as I have seen in the demo. So you can scroll around the Map and gather as much as you need to build what you have forgotten.

It seems that there is no Tax-Manipulation in the game anymore. And at least in the Demo there seems to be no way to make your citiziens unhappy. If thats true they will not start protests and riots. Besides - there seems to be no reason for rising the Taxes, at least in the gameplays players had plenty of Credits.

At least one Youtuber mentioned that there may be severeal difficulty settings in the game (he described the new "Move" tool and said that the cost of moving something depends on the difficulty setting).

Everything I have seen yet gives me the impression that you can not ruin your game and that makes sense since Ubisoft said we are supposed to spend more time in one game than in every Anno before.

Thats why I asked about the moon. Are Asteroids a threat which can cause real destruction or are they more an nuisance?

I bought that game in collector edition and I think that game will decieve me ...
I wanted a game like anno 2070.
You're right, in anno 2070, you can ruin your game with nuclear powerplants, bad ecologic, or if you dont do any tech at all. You can run out of ressources faster ! (in hard mode)
If they dont change what they are making, i'll not buy any game from them for the futur ... I'll download them everytime. That for you ubisoft. And i'll encourage every players to do that.
You are going to kill anno serie ubi ...

nobodyshome
10-05-2015, 06:55 PM
Bvlgari1991 asked:
Let’s talk energy supply. When I construct a wind park on an island, will the generated energy by available globally or only on the island like in Anno 2070?

Neither is the case, actually. The energy you generate on an island will be available on all islands in the same sector. So the area you’ll supply with energy is bigger than in Anno 2070, but you still won’t generate a global supply, because you will control multiple sectors as you progress through the game. You will set up energy routes via upgraded space ports to make the energy available across the entire globe and transfer it from one game session to the next.

Base on the answers from questions asked already, i have a new question. At the end you mentioned how you can transfer available energy between game sessions........and that sounds an awful lot like its DRM. So my question.......is this game going to require internet, even when you don't have multiplayer in the game? -.-

Lord_Puggles
10-05-2015, 11:34 PM
Base on the answers from questions asked already, i have a new question. At the end you mentioned how you can transfer available energy between game sessions........and that sounds an awful lot like its DRM. So my question.......is this game going to require internet, even when you don't have multiplayer in the game? -.-

You do know that you have multiple game sessions/sectors PER save-game, that is what is implied. If you create a new save, you don't have access to the resources of another save.

Lord_Puggles
10-05-2015, 11:41 PM
I bought that game in collector edition and I think that game will decieve me ...
I wanted a game like anno 2070.
You're right, in anno 2070, you can ruin your game with nuclear powerplants, bad ecologic, or if you dont do any tech at all. You can run out of ressources faster ! (in hard mode)
If they dont change what they are making, i'll not buy any game from them for the futur ... I'll download them everytime. That for you ubisoft. And i'll encourage every players to do that.
You are going to kill anno serie ubi ...

They told you how the game will work for the most parts... So there is not really that much deceiving going on. Quit your whining.
If you want to know what they put into the game, watch the various Anno videos and read their posts. Also, PLEASE if you feel the need to go through the effort and capitalize every word so badly, consider spell check.

Elrigh
10-06-2015, 02:59 PM
They told you how the game will work for the most parts... So there is not really that much deceiving going on.

If this where true - why are there still so many questions asked?

From the actual Gameplay we have only seen the Gamescom-Demo, no actual Gameplay from Arktis and Moon, no Marine-Mission Gameplay. We do not know how Goods are transfered or how important NPCs are.

Think about it - imagine how much you would now about Anno 1404 or 2070 if you only had seen gameplay based on one Faction. What would you know about these games if you donīt seen gameplay in the Orient or at sea bottom? What would you know about warfare if you had not seen real gameplay showing how Armys ofrFleets are build, formed, moved and how the mechanics really work? What would you know about Diplomacy or Career?

Its less than a month until release and in my opinion we have not seen wide parts of the game.

At least Ubisoft woke up in the last weeks - maybe because of the community members which protested here in the forums. We have seen a bit more information and there is a big Community Event in Hamburg comming.

I really hope we get all our answers - or at least most answers - during this Event. I expect to see a fully functional Version of the game.

If not I will have huge doubts that the game will be finished to release.

aban298
10-08-2015, 01:16 PM
Without doubt, the military/combat aspects of the game (the warships, combat aircraft, base defensive turrets, AA sites, etc), and the general ability to wage war on the NPC's are a vital part of the ANNO gameplay. I entered the ANNO world with 2070, fell in love with this perfect marriage of a complex and involved version of sim city meets command & conquer. You became far more invested in the game, and played it more when you had to defend your beautiful cities. And for those a little less interested in combat, the continuous game mode had the adjustable settings that created forced peace. It's very disappointing to see these combat elements eroded to what appears to be a removed easy arcade style combat dubbed "crisis sectors".

ANNO 2070 has this broad appeal, it attracts the city builders, the economic managers, the tactical strategists, but when satisfying the needs of the people gets a little tiresome, and when you have applied as much OCD to your city as is possible, aligned every building, moved every structure and tree to just the perfect spot, and satisfied every need to every population class, what then? Well, that's when the fun begins, you wage war, destroy or limit your enemy, forge alliances, attack and defend, but do all this whilst maintaining supply lines and keeping your citizens happy. This later part appeals to the other large percentage of ANNO fans like myself, who yearn for more than just a sim city or Cities XL/skyline game. By removing this vital aspect from the new 2205, Ubisoft are really narrowing the target audience, and thus reducing the games popularity and in turn, their profits.

I really hope the retail version to be released on November 3 sees the above mentioned combat/military gameplay elements restored. If not, then at the very least a future upgrade (much like the deep ocean upgrade in 2070) with said gameplay elements included. It would be a real shame to see this fantastic franchise flop and follow in the failed footsteps of command & conquer.

Bombe172
10-08-2015, 06:17 PM
Without doubt, the military/combat aspects of the game (the warships, combat aircraft, base defensive turrets, AA sites, etc), and the general ability to wage war on the NPC's are a vital part of the ANNO gameplay. I entered the ANNO world with 2070, fell in love with this perfect marriage of a complex and involved version of sim city meets command & conquer. You became far more invested in the game, and played it more when you had to defend your beautiful cities. And for those a little less interested in combat, the continuous game mode had the adjustable settings that created forced peace. It's very disappointing to see these combat elements eroded to what appears to be a removed easy arcade style combat dubbed "crisis sectors".

ANNO 2070 has this broad appeal, it attracts the city builders, the economic managers, the tactical strategists, but when satisfying the needs of the people gets a little tiresome, and when you have applied as much OCD to your city as is possible, aligned every building, moved every structure and tree to just the perfect spot, and satisfied every need to every population class, what then? Well, that's when the fun begins, you wage war, destroy or limit your enemy, forge alliances, attack and defend, but do all this whilst maintaining supply lines and keeping your citizens happy. This later part appeals to the other large percentage of ANNO fans like myself, who yearn for more than just a sim city or Cities XL/skyline game. By removing this vital aspect from the new 2205, Ubisoft are really narrowing the target audience, and thus reducing the games popularity and in turn, their profits.

I really hope the retail version to be released on November 3 sees the above mentioned combat/military gameplay elements restored. If not, then at the very least a future upgrade (much like the deep ocean upgrade in 2070) with said gameplay elements included. It would be a real shame to see this fantastic franchise flop and follow in the failed footsteps of command & conquer (pardon the 'f' words).

I love you bro. You think as like me.
Ecological bilan will not exist too. They are making a game as simcity. And for the crisis sector, its EA game with CNC4 tiberium twilight. And this game killed CNC series.
I think they want to do everything like EA games.
Oh, and forgot the multiplayer ... IT WILL NOT EXIST !

Elrigh
10-08-2015, 09:30 PM
Ok Guys, its over.

This game is done and will be released - no matter if you like it or not. You can go ahead an be angry that they did not make the game you want and be rude here in the forums because you are frustated, but that will change nothing.

If you like the game - buy it. If you donīt like it, donīt buy it. That is the best way to show Ubisoft if the changes in the game are accepted by the community or not. They made the game they wanted - they are free to do so. They are not forced to make the game you personally like.

There will be another Anno someday and you may hope that Ubisoft brings back some features you liked and where abandoned for this Anno.

aban298
10-08-2015, 10:22 PM
Ok Guys, its over.

This game is done and will be released - no matter if you like it or not. You can go ahead an be angry that they did not make the game you want and be rude here in the forums because you are frustated, but that will change nothing.

If you like the game - buy it. If you donīt like it, donīt buy it. That is the best way to show Ubisoft if the changes in the game are accepted by the community or not. They made the game they wanted - they are free to do so. They are not forced to make the game you personally like.

There will be another Anno someday and you may hope that Ubisoft brings back some features you liked and where abandoned for this Anno.

Firstly Elrigh, I'm sure you weren't referring to my post in your comment, as it certainly wasn't "angry" nor was I "rude here in the forums".

Secondly, well there is no easy way to put it Elrigh, but you're wrong, and you should probably retract your comment because not only is it completely invalid, but it's actually a little embarrassing for you.

I refer you to the first page of this thread, to the first post (by Ubisoft) which I have included below. It specifically asks us (the fans/the community) to provide feedback, questions and wishes for 2205, they want to hear from us Elrigh, and I, like many on this forum are doing just that!

Hi everyone,

Please share your feedback and thoughts with us. We can't wait to read everything and forward the most interesting and original questions to the development team.

Elrigh
10-08-2015, 11:36 PM
Firstly Elrigh, I'm sure you weren't referring to my post in your comment, as it certainly wasn't "angry" nor was I "rude here in the forums".

Secondly, well there is no easy way to put it Elrigh, but you're wrong, and you should probably retract your comment because not only is it completely invalid, but it's actually a little embarrassing for you.

I refer you to the first page of this thread, to the first post (by Ubisoft) which I have included below. It specifically asks us (the fans/the community) to provide feedback, questions and wishes for 2205, they want to hear from us Elrigh, and I, like many on this forum are doing just that!

Oh. I am soooo sorry. My fault.

Apparently I am not allowed to post MY feedback, simply because it says that this game will be released as it is - without the features and changes you want to have - and that whining, arguing and begging will not change anything. Although it was absolutely unnecessary to point out that if you canīt change this Anno you may have a chance to change the Anno they are making after this one.

Surely Ubisoft will find your concerns so important that they will stop immediately everything they do, throw away that game they are making and start all over again.

Note: Sarcasm included on purpose.

aban298
10-09-2015, 12:13 AM
Oh. I am soooo sorry. My fault.

Apparently I am not allowed to post MY feedback, simply because it says that this game will be released as it is - without the features and changes you want to have - and that whining, arguing and begging will not change anything. Although it was absolutely unnecessary to point out that if you canīt change this Anno you may have a chance to change the Anno they are making after this one.

Surely Ubisoft will find your concerns so important that they will stop immediately everything they do, throw away that game they are making and start all over again.

Note: Sarcasm included on purpose.

Apology accepted, thank you. And you're quite right, you aren't allowed to provide feedback when it's directed to all the ANNO fans trying to provide their feedback to Ubisoft. Obviously no one thinks the game will be altered significantly before its release, however FEEDBACK (as requested by Ubisoft) is an important tool in upcoming developments/upgrades, etc, it's important that everyone's views are put forward.

RazorBlade185
10-09-2015, 11:51 AM
I think it is obvious that they changed the game. They wanted multiple sectors and thathad some consequences. One of the consequences was that war as we knew it is no longer possible. How could you play a war if you are attacked in multiplesectors at the same time by multiple NPC’s?

Also losing the multiplayer part is a result of the changes of the game. What I understandnow from what I saw is that the game is build around the limitation ofresources. The new challenges that you face are resource related. You need to build very efficient cities to be able to progress in the game. If you would have multiplayer then one thing is for certain and that is that you would never have enough resources because there is already barely enough for a single player.

I don’t think that you could really ruin the game in the beginning but it is very well possible that this will happen later in the game. Keep in mind that one of the things that you need now to keep the production buildings running is workers (people). At the same time you need goods to keep those people happy. I can imagine that if you upgrade to a next class of citizens that you need suddenly more resources because you get suddenly more people. That means that you could get a shortage of e.g. basic foods that also the lower class workers require. Thatcould mean that these workers are leaving the city. If the workers leave the city then the factories stop producing, which makes the problem worse and worse and you get ghost cities.

I think that you will also see that you get stuck in the game. One thing that islimited are building spots at the coast. These spots can be used for several things like building a tide electricity generator. If your city is not efficientthen you probably need more energy then is optimal. That means that you use one coastal spot more and when you later in the game need that spot then you are stuck. You can’t just take away that tide electricity generator because then your city does not have enough energy and you need to solve that first before you can continue.

In short, the game is changed and that had some consequences. It is not possible to do a war system like we used to have because otherwise it would be possible that you had to fight in multiple sectors at the same time which is not possible. Also multiplayer is not possible because you don’t have enough resources to share with others. This whole game is about resource management. That is the reason that we go to the moon in the first place. If that is not what you expected from an Anno game then you will likely be disappointed. Others like me like the idea. How it will play out when everybody is playing the game is something that we will see after the release. It is a brave decision and some will be happy and others will not be happy. You can’t please everybody.

Bombe172
10-10-2015, 11:50 AM
I think it is obvious that they changed the game. They wanted multiple sectors and thathad some consequences. One of the consequences was that war as we knew it is no longer possible. How could you play a war if you are attacked in multiplesectors at the same time by multiple NPC’s?

Also losing the multiplayer part is a result of the changes of the game. What I understandnow from what I saw is that the game is build around the limitation ofresources. The new challenges that you face are resource related. You need to build very efficient cities to be able to progress in the game. If you would have multiplayer then one thing is for certain and that is that you would never have enough resources because there is already barely enough for a single player.

I don’t think that you could really ruin the game in the beginning but it is very well possible that this will happen later in the game. Keep in mind that one of the things that you need now to keep the production buildings running is workers (people). At the same time you need goods to keep those people happy. I can imagine that if you upgrade to a next class of citizens that you need suddenly more resources because you get suddenly more people. That means that you could get a shortage of e.g. basic foods that also the lower class workers require. Thatcould mean that these workers are leaving the city. If the workers leave the city then the factories stop producing, which makes the problem worse and worse and you get ghost cities.

I think that you will also see that you get stuck in the game. One thing that islimited are building spots at the coast. These spots can be used for several things like building a tide electricity generator. If your city is not efficientthen you probably need more energy then is optimal. That means that you use one coastal spot more and when you later in the game need that spot then you are stuck. You can’t just take away that tide electricity generator because then your city does not have enough energy and you need to solve that first before you can continue.

In short, the game is changed and that had some consequences. It is not possible to do a war system like we used to have because otherwise it would be possible that you had to fight in multiple sectors at the same time which is not possible. Also multiplayer is not possible because you don’t have enough resources to share with others. This whole game is about resource management. That is the reason that we go to the moon in the first place. If that is not what you expected from an Anno game then you will likely be disappointed. Others like me like the idea. How it will play out when everybody is playing the game is something that we will see after the release. It is a brave decision and some will be happy and others will not be happy. You can’t please everybody.

Of curse, but if they really listining at us, they will change simple sector for multi map as 2070. But, game will need more ressources.
Now, a game without multiplayer is dead.
I'm playing really often anno 2070 with my friends and girlfriend. And they likes that. We as playing with war, trades, peace, and many other things. But now, we will not be able to do that now. And this thing will sign my last anno buy. I'll not buy another anno if its not like 2070 or game with friendly, teamplay and war in everymap.
2070 was my favorite game.

TRobbeS
10-12-2015, 08:20 PM
Of curse, but if they really listining at us, they will change simple sector for multi map as 2070. But, game will need more ressources.
Now, a game without multiplayer is dead.
I'm playing really often anno 2070 with my friends and girlfriend. And they likes that. We as playing with war, trades, peace, and many other things. But now, we will not be able to do that now. And this thing will sign my last anno buy. I'll not buy another anno if its not like 2070 or game with friendly, teamplay and war in everymap.
2070 was my favorite game.

Yes, that is right. Same for me. And like I wrote on page 8, I - and my woman and friends - like to play the multiplayer mode (with coop mode), too. It is very fine to have the possibility to choose war or peace/trade.

I understand, that Ubi does not want to create only a 2070 with better graphics.

But I do not need a "Simcity of Ubisoft". Anno is (hopefully not was) an excellent middle between Simcity and RTS games, because combining city building, development/research, trade and also combat.

From my opinion the ark, elections, daily/world events made it even more and longer interesting.

So I hope Ubi does not really change everything ..and/or forever

Ristonhawk
10-13-2015, 01:11 AM
My question is regarding difficulty settings. At the very beginning I'll need to choose difficulty for the entire duration of my play, so it seems to be a big decision.

What are the different gameplay changes for the various difficulties?
Are we incentivized to challenge ourselves by playing a harder difficulty?
Will players on easy difficulty have an advantage on the world market or is this a non-issue?
Is difficulty setting permanent?

On day one I don't want to get hung up pondering this decision.

Ristonhawk
10-13-2015, 01:46 AM
Save Game file:

Many save game files will have over 100 hours. Will it be on the users to figure out a backup solution or will the game have optional cloud backup/sync? Something like a Steam cloud/Uplay cloud backup?

Lord_Puggles
10-13-2015, 02:15 PM
Hi, I want to ask if the pre-order bonus command ship will be some way better than the normal one or only a facelift.

Thank you

It is a SKIN, its the same ship, with a different look.

TRobbeS
10-13-2015, 06:05 PM
...ANNO 2070 has this broad appeal, it attracts the city builders, the economic managers, the tactical strategists, but when satisfying the needs of the people gets a little tiresome, and when you have applied as much OCD to your city as is possible, aligned every building, moved every structure and tree to just the perfect spot, and satisfied every need to every population class, what then? Well, that's when the fun begins, you wage war, destroy or limit your enemy, forge alliances, attack and defend, but do all this whilst maintaining supply lines and keeping your citizens happy. This later part appeals to the other large percentage of ANNO fans like myself, who yearn for more than just a sim city or Cities XL/skyline game. By removing this vital aspect from the new 2205, Ubisoft are really narrowing the target audience, and thus reducing the games popularity and in turn, their profits...

Thank you. I could not have said better.

And I think, if Ubi is not interested in the view and wishes of the fans ... they maybe will feel it latest with the number of licences they sell.

From my side - if it has only single player mode - I will not buy 10 licences like for Anno 2070.

ovelord2304
10-18-2015, 12:53 PM
Are the expansions planned content or cut-content?

Elrigh
10-18-2015, 01:34 PM
I started a survey in a german Facebook Group with almost 550 Members. The Question was how often people used Multiplayer in the past.

Halfway through the survey someone mentioned if I meant Multiplayer with real Players or with NPCs. This was an interesting question. I assumed that everyone complaining about the missing multiplayer in Anno 2205 are talking about playing against other players. But we have two different features which are not part of the new Anno anymore. Multiplayer against human players and NPCs which are working against you on the same map.

Nevertheless we got an interesting result:

14% of the members participated in the survey.

68% said they never used Multiplayer or they used it very seldom.
17% used it sometimes
15% said they used it often or exclusive

Certainly this is not an official vote for the whole community. But if we assume that we have a profile of the Anno Community here, weīd have to say that only 14% where interested to say something about this subject. And only 2.2% of all players of the whole Community use the Multiplayer often or exclusive. Even when you add the "sometimes" Players into this you only get 4.6%.

So - what does this say? Considering these where real numbers you may come to the conclusion that all the people which complain about the missing Multiplayer are only a very small part of the community.

That matches something one of the Developers said at the Gamescom or the DLR-Day. He said "from all Anno 2070 games played online only a very small number included Multiplayer".

If I where a developer I would have thought twice about including Multiplayer if so few players used it.

Bombe172
10-18-2015, 03:12 PM
If I where a developer I would have thought twice about including Multiplayer if so few players used it.

If i were a developer, i will want to make all my players happy. I'll not want to make them angry. I'll find a way to make them both happy. Make they game with inner differents option : Peace. No agressives unites, Peacefull PNJ and many other thing!
I dont want to lose 32%.

62 * 50€= 3100
32 * 50€= 1600
but there is no only 100 player who buy that game.

For 100000 players
62 000 x 50 = 3 100 000
32 000 x 50 = 1 600 000

will you really want to lose 1 600 000 € ?

Elrigh
10-18-2015, 04:34 PM
If i were a developer, i will want to make all my players happy. I'll not want to make them angry. I'll find a way to make them both happy. Make they game with inner differents option : Peace. No agressives unites, Peacefull PNJ and many other thing!
I dont want to lose 32%.

62 * 50€= 3100
32 * 50€= 1600
but there is no only 100 player who buy that game.

For 100000 players
62 000 x 50 = 3 100 000
32 000 x 50 = 1 600 000

will you really want to lose 1 600 000 € ?

You didnīt get that right. From 100% Members of the Anno Community I asked, less than 5% did care about Multiplayer. 86% did not care about the question at all.

Maybe Ubisoft will loose these 5%, but in the last few weeks there where also people joining the Anno Community because the new Anno does have features they like (including towns not getting destroyed). And I am pretty sure a lot people from the 5% will buy it without multiplayer. Because its Anno.

Oh and by the way: You can not make every player happy. Thats impossible.

Bombe172
10-18-2015, 09:51 PM
anyway, this game will be downloaded by more players because if there is no multplayer, there is no way to buy it.
If i bought anno 2070, it was for multplayer.

ovelord2304
10-21-2015, 08:02 PM
When will people that pre-ordered on steam get their game keys?

Elrigh
10-21-2015, 08:45 PM
When will people that pre-ordered on steam get their game keys?

Steam is using an automated process unlocking the reserved Productkey in the menue of the steam entry before the game is released. Your Key was added to your Steam account in the moment you bought the game. But it is hidden until short before release.

Elrigh
10-22-2015, 12:23 AM
How many DLCs are planned?
(And covered by the Season Pass)

Imhotep-PK
10-22-2015, 04:08 AM

I really hope the retail version to be released on November 3 sees the above mentioned combat/military gameplay elements restored. If not, then at the very least a future upgrade (much like the deep ocean upgrade in 2070) with said gameplay elements included. It would be a real shame to see this fantastic franchise flop and follow in the failed footsteps of command & conquer.

I agree. I love Anno series and i'm looking forward to play anno 2205 (i already have my copy of the game on steam). But please, dont forget to not take off the military/combat aspects of anno 2070. Why do people stop to play games like sim city faster? Because after a while, the game becomes boring, it has no differential, nothing to improve their will to stay on the game. But anno 2070 HAS this feature. That's why i love anno. I work as a game designer and i can guarantee that these elements mentioned do a significant difference. So PLEASE, DON'T TAKE IT OFF.

PS: I know you guys don't intend to release a multiplayer right now, but it'll be awesome a further release of the game with multiplayer like anno 2070. At least the multiplayer option on the continuous game that has in anno 2070. I play for hours with my friends.

So please, after focusing on the main aspects of the game, please, think about the players who love playing with their friends and release a update or DLC with this option.

And sorry if i made some gramatical mistakes in my text. English is not my native language.

snaff037
10-22-2015, 04:48 PM
How many DLCs are planned?
(And covered by the Season Pass)

Two DLCs are planned in these days.

Tundra Expansion and Orbit Expansion.

See: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1297036-A-first-look-on-the-Tundra-and-Orbit-expansions-for-Anno-2205?

Bombe172
10-22-2015, 05:22 PM
I agree. I love Anno series and i'm looking forward to play anno 2205 (i already have my copy of the game on steam). But please, dont forget to not take off the military/combat aspects of anno 2070. Why do people stop to play games like sim city faster? Because after a while, the game becomes boring, it has no differential, nothing to improve their will to stay on the game. But anno 2070 HAS this feature. That's why i love anno. I work as a game designer and i can guarantee that these elements mentioned do a significant difference. So PLEASE, DON'T TAKE IT OFF.

PS: I know you guys don't intend to release a multiplayer right now, but it'll be awesome a further release of the game with multiplayer like anno 2070. At least the multiplayer option on the continuous game that has in anno 2070. I play for hours with my friends.

So please, after focusing on the main aspects of the game, please, think about the players who love playing with their friends and release a update or DLC with this option.

And sorry if i made some gramatical mistakes in my text. English is not my native language.

you are dreaming ... As like me and many of us !
They are not listening us ... they think that their war in crisis sector will be enought for old players in their game simcity like...

Andy06r
10-22-2015, 05:48 PM
Will the game use the fertilities mechanic within one biome, or is the only scarcity shore and mining slots?

Will the game have a random map generator, or will we be limited to three preset maps of each biome? A preset map will have a steam guide walkthrough on optimal conditions in the first week and this will effect replay value...

Imhotep-PK
10-22-2015, 08:39 PM
you are dreaming ... As like me and many of us !
They are not listening us ... they think that their war in crisis sector will be enought for old players in their game simcity like...

Well... if they really didn't implement some of the combat features of anno 2070 at all, i hope they will be able to change it with something similar... or better.
I do still have hope, especially about the multiplayer. I think they will take the best decision and release it in the future.

EDIT: I forgot to mention i think they are hearing us because there were plenty of us asking about the combat features before me, and they released a video showing a bit of it: https://youtu.be/BePzrLWwGbE?t=1m3s

I know that's not much, but i think if we continue cooperating with our feedback, they will improve it as well as doing a multiplayer option.

ovelord2304
10-23-2015, 12:30 PM
Steam is using an automated process unlocking the reserved Productkey in the menue of the steam entry before the game is released. Your Key was added to your Steam account in the moment you bought the game. But it is hidden until short before release.

Alright, then when will it unlock for steam users? at the same time as it does on Uplay?

Elrigh
10-23-2015, 08:46 PM
Alright, then when will it unlock for steam users? at the same time as it does on Uplay?

That should be the case.

ovelord2304
10-24-2015, 10:26 AM
That should be the case.

Awsome!

http://orig02.deviantart.net/930e/f/2011/060/3/f/wolfenstein_3d__get_psyched_by_nightmaremetropolis-d3aoslk.png

TRobbeS
10-24-2015, 10:38 AM
You didnīt get that right. From 100% Members of the Anno Community I asked, less than 5% did care about Multiplayer. 86% did not care about the question at all.

Maybe Ubisoft will loose these 5%, but in the last few weeks there where also people joining the Anno Community because the new Anno does have features they like (including towns not getting destroyed). And I am pretty sure a lot people from the 5% will buy it without multiplayer. Because its Anno.

I do not believe that this provides correct data. You can ask people in our country today, which party they would elect and can ask tomorrow .. and you will get different meanings. 2. You can find in the www studies, which telling you should eat the salad before the main meal .. you can find studies, which telling you should eat it after ... and you can find ones, which telling you should eat it while you are eating your main meal.

But in the end it has no importancy, if it is 5% or 50%. Main importancy will be, how many Anno 2205 Ubi will sell ... and futhermore how many of these customers are satisfied. And you can tell what you want. Even if the customers buy Anno 2205, but are not satisfied ... it could be, that they will not buy the next Anno.

And back again to the 5%. I am one of the 5%. But I own 10 licences of Anno 2070. (I like to play it with my whole family). If there is no such mode in 2205, ... think by yourself ... one licence will be enough for me. My wife can play, when I am not playing it.

Is everybody of the 95% a person, who is sitting alone in his/her room - and likes this? ...only playing on his/her own?

I do not believe in only 5%, as I do not believe I will see Santa Clause on his sleigh flying around.

But Bombe172 told right. Quite some users are buying, because of MP. And my meaning is - even if 95%: The 95% would not be unsatisfied, if there is a chance to MP ... even if they do not need it. But the others were also be glad.

Yes, you cannot make everybody happy. ...but you could try it.

Imhotep-PK
10-25-2015, 12:31 AM
I do not believe that this provides correct data. You can ask people in our country today, which party they would elect and can ask tomorrow .. and you will get different meanings. 2. You can find in the www studies, which telling you should eat the salad before the main meal .. you can find studies, which telling you should eat it after ... and you can find ones, which telling you should eat it while you are eating your main meal.

But in the end it has no importancy, if it is 5% or 50%. Main importancy will be, how many Anno 2205 Ubi will sell ... and futhermore how many of these customers are satisfied. And you can tell what you want. Even if the customers buy Anno 2205, but are not satisfied ... it could be, that they will not buy the next Anno.

And back again to the 5%. I am one of the 5%. But I own 10 licences of Anno 2070. (I like to play it with my whole family). If there is no such mode in 2205, ... think by yourself ... one licence will be enough for me. My wife can play, when I am not playing it.

Is everybody of the 95% a person, who is sitting alone in his/her room - and likes this? ...only playing on his/her own?

I do not believe in only 5%, as I do not believe I will see Santa Clause on his sleigh flying around.

But Bombe172 told right. Quite some users are buying, because of MP. And my meaning is - even if 95%: The 95% would not be unsatisfied, if there is a chance to MP ... even if they do not need it. But the others were also be glad.

I agree with you.

Titou02
10-25-2015, 01:41 AM

I don't agree with you.

Imhotep-PK
10-25-2015, 02:16 AM
I don't agree with you.

I don't agree on your disagreement :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Sorry, i didn't resist :P

TRobbeS
10-25-2015, 02:46 PM
I don't agree with you.

That is no problem. I think everybody will understand, that there are two or three different groups. The ones who agree, who not agree ... and maybe some, they do not care about.

And that is not the problem for me: I would like to have accepted, that there are users or players - like me - who would like to have Ubisoft to hear, that we would like to have MP option (best all modes ... like in Anno 2070).

So it does not matter, if you, or he, or she ... have not same meaning, because we (or at least I) would like to address this not to you, but to Ubi. And sorry to have this to say: I DO NOT CARE if I/we are 5% or 50% ... or if I am alone (which - in this case - cannot be ... because I know the meaning of my family and friends)

I do not want you to agree, but I want everybody to accept, that there is maybe another meaning, thinking and other "would like's".

Of course, I am fully aware that Ubisoft has not to program what I would like to have to ..... but hey ... I am the customer ... I can decide where and what I spend my money for ... and if they do not follow my wishes and I have to accept, they will have to accept, that my (and maybe others) money is going anywhere else ........

Alberacci
10-25-2015, 08:28 PM
So far I like what I'm hearing. I was worried that the complexity was going to get smacked with the "mass appeal" bat, but it seems like an advanced game of 2205 will be similar in complexity to an advanced game of 2070.

Crisis zones:
-"As your economic empire grows, so will your war fleet which you can control to complete missions in crisis sectors and to gain additional resources." Will we specifically build/commission our fleet individually, or will the game just hand us a collection of ships based on how big our population is, etc?
-Is there traditional construction, supply, and resource acquisition in crisis zones, or are they combat only? Will we build cities/industrial ventures and have to protect them from opposing forces, or just bring in our ships and wreck the other guy's stuff?

Trade routes
-Do I build trade ships, or do my ports simply generate them automatically based on the region and the quantity of goods that I'm shipping out? You've mentioned that with space ports there are costs to moving greater quantities of goods. Is it likewise with naval routes?

Islands
-Do different islands still have different fertilities/resource availability? Will you settle new islands because they have stuff you can't get elsewhere, or just because you need "more?"
-Do craters on the moon function as "islands" elsewhere, or can you build anywhere on the moon? If so, are there different craters to settle in, and do they have different resources available? Will there be multiple craters per session, or just one big one?

AI
-Do AI actively antagonize you in any way? Will you be able to just ignore them, or will they actually, if not completely bring your ambitions to a halt, then at least pose a significant problem if you don't engage with them at all? You've noted that engaging in "crisis sectors" is totally optional. Is it totally optional in the sense that there is no unique benefit to engaging in these sectors vs. spending your time and resources elsewhere, or just optional in the sense that you don't need to participate in order to advance, but it may not be optimal to ignore them.
-You've mentioned that AI's don't have a physical presence in the sectors. Can I antagonize the AI at all, like hindering their economy or production, or monopolizing a good that they want? Do they respond to anything I do according to their own motives, or are they completely free of such concerns and basically just talking faces which hand me quests?

Randomization/sessions
-Are the sectors randomized, with different islands and terrain? If the islands are randomized, are they picked out of a pool of premade islands like in Anno 2070, or are they actually generated at game creation?
-Are the crisis zones always the same for each game, or will you encounter different zones with different problems if you start a new game?

Titou02
10-25-2015, 09:17 PM
That is no problem. I think everybody will understand, that there are two or three different groups. The ones who agree, who not agree ... and maybe some, they do not care about.

And that is not the problem for me: I would like to have accepted, that there are users or players - like me - who would like to have Ubisoft to hear, that we would like to have MP option (best all modes ... like in Anno 2070).

So it does not matter, if you, or he, or she ... have not same meaning, because we (or at least I) would like to address this not to you, but to Ubi. And sorry to have this to say: I DO NOT CARE if I/we are 5% or 50% ... or if I am alone (which - in this case - cannot be ... because I know the meaning of my family and friends)

I do not want you to agree, but I want everybody to accept, that there is maybe another meaning, thinking and other "would like's".

Of course, I am fully aware that Ubisoft has not to program what I would like to have to ..... but hey ... I am the customer ... I can decide where and what I spend my money for ... and if they do not follow my wishes and I have to accept, they will have to accept, that my (and maybe others) money is going anywhere else ........

I speak without thinking, without arguments.. Simply because (maybe) I'm tired of reading people complaining everywhere.

Now I will say what I really think:

I agree with what you say.
I played a lot of hours with Anno 2070 in multiplayer with a friend and great enjoyed.

Now this does not mean that Anno 2205 will be totally a bad game.
Hopefully they will update with multi player, you have to hope.

Sorry for my answer so silly the first time.
Excuse me for my bad english, I'm french.

Elrigh
10-25-2015, 09:48 PM
These are some excellent Questions, Alberacci!But some of them are already answered in this video (german version, there should be an english version somewhere, too):https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0dOs3X7IxoCrisis zones:http://www.bilder-upload.eu/upload/249ecb-1445804402.pngThis is a picture taken from one of the official videos - it shows the Screen from the End of a Mission. As you can see there is an experience bar in the middle of the screen showing "Militäry Level 8" and XP "20/70". At the right end you see the upcoming reward: a ship of a special type. So it does look like that you are given ships in a pre-defined order. The player has 8 ships on the screen which implies that you get one ship per level. You can also see that it costs money but no resources to upgrade a ship.The Military Missions are simple - no building. You start with your Fleet, move it and complete objectives.Trade routesIn the video you can see Trade from 2:29 on. There is no ship building anymore. You choose the Goods you want to transfer, the Source Sector, the target sector - done. As you can see the trade route causes ongoing costs based on how much Goods are shiped. He moves the slider and changes the number of Goods which causes the bars above to change from "-500" to "-100". IslandsThe Answer is no. Fertility and Ressources are bound on a Region not on islands anymore. This is necessary because you have big regions where you connect islands with bridges - you do not build harbors anymore to settle on a new island.The Craters-on-the-moon-question is an interesting one. As you can see here, there are at least two maps with more than one crater. Somehow they have to be connected - I would guess that there is an equivalent to bridges on the moon - pre-defined roads which connect to craters. It was already said that you build in craters only but I was not able to find the proof for that. http://illgaming.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Anno2205_Strategy_Map.jpgAIExcellent Question - all we have seen from AI so far was some teasing Popups "My Firm is better than yours". There are at least on NPC Trade Post on the Maps and some NPCs in the Harbor of this Trade Post give missions on your actual map. These are like the missions we had in 2070 and before.Here you can see the Trading Post and one NPC Trader, this is - as far as we know - the only physical presence in the players sectors.http://illgaming.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Anno2205_Trader.jpgThese Missions and the Military Missions reward special types of ressources which you need to build modules for factorys. You may ignore it completely, but to build modules is a far more efficient way to increase your productivity as to build a new factory.https://picload.org/image/poipgir/12109041_985626228145074_14096.jpgFrom left to right: Iridium, Graphene, Petrochemicals and I have really no Idea what the last one is.You get increased Amounts of these by changing the Difficulty of a Military Mission. Changing from standard to advanced gives you 10 times more. You can see this in the video above around 3:38.Up to now there is no way known to have direct influence on the productivity of other NPCs. Maybe the Military Missions will have an effect but if they have this is hidden from the player.Randomization/sessionsNo. As you can see on the strategy map I posted above there are 9 Maps in the game (+2 for the Tundra DLC covered in Red) 3 Maps for each Region. These maps are hand-made and not randomized. You choose one of this 3 Maps once you reach the region. Later in the game you are able to buy the other maps, too.

Elrigh
10-25-2015, 10:10 PM
Adressing the Multiplayer-Discussion:You may be glad to hear that on the Anno-Event in Hamburg yesterday Fans and Developers talked about Multiplayer and how it could be integrated in the game. BUT it seems that they have ideas but not a real concept. A Multiplayer would have to be created from the start and this may take a while. I think we will not see Multiplayer anytime soon, but maybe in an expansion or DLC.At least you may get the impression that Ubisoft is willing to listen to the needs of the few.

TRobbeS
10-26-2015, 02:24 PM
Adressing the Multiplayer-Discussion:You may be glad to hear that on the Anno-Event in Hamburg yesterday Fans and Developers talked about Multiplayer and how it could be integrated in the game. BUT it seems that they have ideas but not a real concept. A Multiplayer would have to be created from the start and this may take a while. I think we will not see Multiplayer anytime soon, but maybe in an expansion or DLC.At least you may get the impression that Ubisoft is willing to listen to the needs of the few.

Hi. Were you there, too? If yes, what does 'no concept' mean?
I am no prof.programmer, but nevertheless have some experience. Normally you do not have to program every function or routine new. Some you can use again somewhere else.
Is the problem, that the game course is completely designed to cannot play as MP game?

Anyhow. ..seems you have good connections. Please keep us updated.

Elrigh
10-26-2015, 05:57 PM
Hi. Were you there, too? If yes, what does 'no concept' mean?
I am no prof.programmer, but nevertheless have some experience. Normally you do not have to program every function or routine new. Some you can use again somewhere else.
Is the problem, that the game course is completely designed to cannot play as MP game?

Anyhow. ..seems you have good connections. Please keep us updated.

I attend different forums and facebook groups, reddit, watch every video on youtube tagged with Anno 2205 - even if I do not understand the language - and search on google for new material every day. Yes, I am an Annoholic and its Ubisofts fault and the cancelled beta that I am sitting here counting the seconds until release.

This may be a littlebit crazy but I am also addicted to the space age and with "Moon" and "Anno" two of my Top Ten interests collide. Thats why I search for every tiny bit of information. Besides - I have a job with a lot of idle time which allows me to do that. =)

I was not at the event, sadly. But I was able to talk to three different participants, which gave me some information.

There was some sort of exchange of ideas about Multiplayer. Nothing more.
Sure, they do have the multiplayer from Anno 2070 and may be able to copy some of the basic programming but there seems to be no actual plan how it could be implemented. For me it sounded more like a brainstorming.

The main problem is that the gameplay in Anno 2205 is basically one single endless game. There is no campaignmode, no single missions which you play and forget - as long as you play the company you have started (and do not start a new one) you are playing an ongoing game. This is why it is so difficult to implement a multiplayer. In previous Annos other players or NPCs where able to catch islands before you could. Which may have caused a shortage on some resources you needed to proceed. The only way to get already claimed islands was War. In some missions of Anno 2070 you where not able to declare war against some NPCs. If the NPCs claimed an Island with something you needed and you where not able to get it somewhere else you had to restart the whole mission - or at least to load a savegame - if you had one which made it able to erase the problem.

In Anno 2205 there is only one savegame - the actual process of your Company. You can not load an earlier process.

So imagine a map where you build several days and then an NPC or other player declares war and destroys everything. I think this would make me so angry that I would throw away the game and never play it again. Thats why I am not interested in Multiplayer anyway.

To implement Multiplayer in Anno 2205 the developers will have to find a way to prevent the players work from hours, days or weeks to become Ashes.
And that is the problem.

In the 5 different Forums I attend players brought up some interesting ideas, here are some of the best:

- We already have navy Missions on special maps - why not use the players map for a navy mission.
- buildings on players maps can be destroyed but not completely - they are rebuild after the war but slowly. They player may speed up this process somehow.
- special Maps for Co-Op or Multiplayer with special production chains (weapons)

These are good Ideas I think. The last one is the Best - from a programmers point of view. With the Tundra DLCs they already implemented optional regions with special production chains. They could implement special maps for multiplayer, which would be a littlebit like Missions from Anno 2070. You play these Maps until you reached a goal and then they are closed. Fire and Forget.

BUT they have to designed that first. And the special production chains and Military Buildings and Military Units.
This is the Process which will take a while.

Another interesting thing is that the guys I talked to did not answer all my questions or they gave me some evasive answers which made me think that they still are restricted by NDA. Maybe I am wrong and they really did not know what to say but I have a strange feeling that they knew more than they said. All three have youtube channels and do letsplays.

My personal guess is that they have access to a preview Version so that they can record letsplays and bring it online on launchday. Itīs only a theory but it would be a good explanation that they do not talk about some things. And considering the cancelled beta it would be plausible that an existing preview version for a few privileged is kept a top secret thing. But this maybe some sort of "plane fuel can't melt steel beams" theory.

diegovilaga
10-28-2015, 04:07 PM
Hello Anno!!

I would like to make a small suggestion. After having played all the games of these wonderful saga, there is a game that kept my attention for long time, longuer than the others, Anno 1404.

The point that kept me here was in fact, the complexity and also the aesthetics of the achievements system. I do not remember how many ours (around 700) took me to finish the "Gold ship". That was challenging and really took time to do. Achievements in general were tricky, but it was lovely to fulfill them. It was not only the amount and the difficulty of them that made them attractive. It was even funny to read some of the names, they were elaborated and it was a pleasure even to read the list.
Apart from that of course, we had the special content to be bought with the gems gained from achievements. This was another point to push time and time the time, game after game, to finish the achievements. After that, in Anno 2070, despite being a lovely game, this system became a bit more synthetic, more "cold" let's say. There were more like the 1404 medals, with an easy, medium and difficult level. I think that some of this beauty was lost and the system was a bit simplified.

As a loyal Anno fan with my expectations put in this game. I hope that, even if it may be too late, you take the time now or in the future to make of hte achievements one of the elements that keeps us playing a singleplayer game.

Thanks, congratulations for your games, and good luck for the release.

Diego

omaesaitei56
10-29-2015, 11:15 AM
Hello I'm a huge Anno fan and excited about the new game although there are a few things I'm concerned about which brings me here.

Main thing I want to know is why the small amount of buildings? where are the hospitals on Earth? where are the fire stations? is everything in the year 2205 fire proof? In Anno 2070 there were tons of different buildings that served different purposes but most of all it made the cities feel real, even a trash compactor snuggled in between two sky scrappers added that special touch to the cities. With what I've seen so far it looks like many of the buildings are copy and pasted all over the map, will some of these buildings at least have alternate look options like some had in Anno 2070? (I've read most of the other comments and I did see the post about the hologram ads. and stuff on the resident buildings which is really awesome sounding but a bigger variety in the overall buildings themselves would be nice also)

My second question is similar to my first, Is there going to be another population level for the arctic and moon sectors? and what kind of stuff can we expect from the Tundra zone? will it have a population of it's own or will the resources be used to advance another sectors buildings further? and will their be any added monuments other then bridges? I read something about a HQ but what will that be? I'd love to see a huge tower that soars above the rest of the city similar to the monument buildings in 2070.

My final question for this post is will we be able to destroy the cities we build? I know this is not a focus of the new game but one of my favorite features in 2070 was dropping bombs on my mega metropolis empires, it would be really cool if this was added in somehow, maybe as a side mission where you retake an old tycoon nuclear missile silo.

Elrigh
10-29-2015, 12:23 PM
The cities can not be destroyed anymore, because we are basically playing one single endless game in Anno 2205. Imagine playing for several days or weeks and all the hard work is gone forever after a single disaster. Thats why they cut everything from the game what was related to disasters. No Firestations, No Hospitals - but there is at least a Policestation which is a necessary demand for leveling up your citiziens.

Every (temperated) Map has a different Monument, which gives you a special bonus for the game. When I got it right than one of them is the broken Dam from 2070 which you can repair to gain a lot of energy on earth. Another one is the statue of an astronaut which you can see in different videos, it gives you a special bonus on ornaments. Donīt know what the third is.

Besides this Monuments you get the chance to build your Company HQ with a System Ubisoft described as similar to the Castle in 1503.

RazorBlade185
10-30-2015, 04:34 PM
I don’t completelyagree that you can’t destroy your city anymore. I am not sure how it works but Ibelieve you can still get bankrupt. It is not destroying your city with bombsor fire but the result is perhaps even more devastating. With the new decencies every production building requires atleast logistics, workers and energy. You can imagine that if your workers areunhappy that they leave. Since production buildings need workers thesebuildings stop to produce but still cost money. Without the production of electricityeverything stops so then your city is bankrupt in no time.

Imaginethat you put man on the moon and these man require food, oxygen and water. Itis very expensive to transport these goods to the moon but building the necessarybuildings on the moon is also very expensive. This might become a criticalpoint in the game where your city gets out of balance.

There aremultiple monuments that you can build and some are part of specific map. Thebig astronaut with the large globe is a monument. Each map has a quest thatunlocks something. You can e.g. repair the dams, or on the moon you could builda large hotel. The outerspace DLC lets you upgrade a spacestation where you canresearch special upgrades for your cities on earth. This is probably similar tothe university in Anno 2070.

I don’tknow about the amount of buildings in Anno 2205 compared to the amount ofbuildings in Anno 2070. It seems that there are plenty of buildings. There areother buildings like train stations, logistic centers, stadiums ,etc . I don’tknow if there are more or less because I did not count them but there areplenty of them and I doubt we saw them all.
We startwith 3 regions: temperate zone, artic zone, and lunar zone, and each region has its own building types.Later you get a fourth region, the tundra. In the temperate zone you get asusual 4 worker classes where each class has its own public buildings and itsown production chains. The other two regions are more supportive of thetemperate zone but each gets at least two types of worker classes. So overall Idon’t think we have a shortage of buildings. It should be the largest Annoever.

Piko155
10-30-2015, 04:48 PM
Two quick questions:

1. Is Anno 2205 going to have a 3 machine activation limit like Anno 2070?

2. Are Tundra and Orbit going to be the only items in the seasson pass?

Rekalty
10-30-2015, 11:12 PM
Two quick questions:

The second one is easy to answer. You can very likely buy them separately once they're released. Season pass is probably just a bit cheaper than both on their own, as most season passes are these days.

ayasebunny
10-31-2015, 09:41 AM
Two quick questions:

1. No 3 computer limit, they took that out in Anno 2070 and not put it back in.

2. As far as I can tell yes, atleast all shops say that the Season Pass only includes those two.

anton1nh
10-31-2015, 09:02 PM
- THEMES: Atlantida (fantasy or futuristic), Fantasy, Steampunk, Babylon, Mayan, Aztec, Industrial (*), Ancient Greece / Egypt, even more futuristic Sci-Fi themes, with Aliens as a playable faction. Eventually a mix between several themes into one game.

(*) Short. For a Fantasy Anno Game I was thinking about using the 2070 concept. We could build some fantasy underwater cities and at the same time some other cities on the many flying isles around. Flying isles could be on 2 levels, lower or higher above the sea level. Eventually mixed with some Steampunk? What do you think? Zeppelins?

(**) For an industrial theme... a looot of pollution, steam, noises, toxic clouds, rains, big ships, oils, lots of oil and trains, steam, diesel, electric, with level up depending on era we advance into. Noise, Electricity, Pollution, Weather should affect citizens in a good or bad way. Also continental ships should become damaged over time, or broken right in the middle of nowhere.

I think you can combine the 2 options into one great anno (type) game whit a fantasy/steampunk setting. the steampunk will have the industrial vibe an anno game needs, it easily provides all the production chain. I don't see it as much in a fantasy setting without it becoming forced. however fantasy elements can easily be inserted into a steampunk world.

actually you can divide the 2 similarly to anno 2070, the magical faction are the eco's (maybe scientist) and the steampunk can only be the tycoons. the goal would be finding a balance between Progress and Idealism (instead of production and environment). I would argue not making them as mutually exclusive in 2070 progression down one path does almost noting to aid the other and that always felt like a flaw to me. I would prefer the 2 would be separate but interdependent factions where one faction does some things that can benefit the other. the 3rd faction would be a unifying force a group that cannot exist on its own but is most powerful when both other factions flourish. if you control only one faction the 3rd group is parasitic, eating resources while proving only limited benefits. they can however accelerate progression of the other faction and as the 2nd main faction makes progress the bonus provided to the original faction will start to outweigh the consumption.

olivierraphael
11-03-2015, 02:42 AM
Hi how dev can released a game that block language selector and no voice in-game????

It is very bad... Language selector in-game and in uplay doesn't work. Fix them, because it was very bad to see a game that doesn't include the biggest thing....

Thanks

Dexadrinne
11-03-2015, 07:26 AM
Is the ability to select English in game and via properties in Uplay is a extra hidden dlc or something? Seems it would make sense doesn't it? Silly!!

IE: what has happened to the voice overs etc

minidak03
11-03-2015, 08:42 AM
Ok developers you've got to have an answer for me cause no one else does.

1) Can you sell excess resources like you could in Anno 2070 or similar to that. I'm talking other than the global marketplace.

The global marketplace is horrible right now it literally costs me 1000 credits to earn 800 credits and the resources where you can make a profit from, they literally take 95% of your profits in the form of the trading costs.

So I would like to know if there is some other way to sell off your excess resources for some extra credits, similar to what you could do in Anno 2070, for instance in 2070 you'd load up your ship, find a trading partner and sell them.

I have looked everywhere and can't seem to find anyway to do it so I'm hoping you'll consider it as a future patch or at least re-tweak the global marketplace. I've only played for about 5 hours. So there is a chance that I'm missing something still.

Any suggestions would be great.
Thank You.

thegeorge2013
11-06-2015, 02:11 PM
I know its already been answered but there are thousands of us that want it and we are going to keep nagging until the developer at least confirms they plan to implement it like they did with 1404

CO OP OR Multiplayer.

Forums are already full of people who have finished the campaign and are complaining about lack of end game - meaning - replay-ability.

CO OP would bring some of that and also satisfy all of us that want to play with spouses freinds, my group of freinds we play games and i know 4 -5 people myself that are not buying because we cant etc and don't just want to be isolated alone in the game.

we are just asking for the ability to play a continuous game together with friends.

SaintHedgehog
11-07-2015, 09:07 PM
Are you going to add scenario packs? Or another, couple, or even several addition campaigns?