PDA

View Full Version : Joystick settings.

Biloxi72
06-08-2004, 11:54 AM
S!
Saw the post about Olegs settings for his Cougar. I saw by the response that tweaking with the settings seems to make a difference. I have never done this before but am always looking to find ways to enhance my game. My JS is the MSprecision pro 2 (at time could not afford FF http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif) So does anyone have the same or similar JS like mine where i could try your settings? If not can someone give me info on how about to make these changes and what they do. Sorry for being a NOOB just never tried anything like this before.

Regards

"It was a marveleous aircraft! It was the best aircraft I flew in the war by far. I never flew the P-51, its been one of my life regrets, but I flew just about everything else there was. I liked the P-38s rate of climb, its speed, the way it handled, and its firepower directly out the nose. The P-38 would turn with almost anything, in fact it would out turn the P-47, out climb it, and out maneuver it. The P-38 was one of the great aircraft of WWII."...Charles MacDonald, P-38 Ace

Biloxi72
06-08-2004, 11:54 AM
S!
Saw the post about Olegs settings for his Cougar. I saw by the response that tweaking with the settings seems to make a difference. I have never done this before but am always looking to find ways to enhance my game. My JS is the MSprecision pro 2 (at time could not afford FF http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif) So does anyone have the same or similar JS like mine where i could try your settings? If not can someone give me info on how about to make these changes and what they do. Sorry for being a NOOB just never tried anything like this before.

Regards

"It was a marveleous aircraft! It was the best aircraft I flew in the war by far. I never flew the P-51, its been one of my life regrets, but I flew just about everything else there was. I liked the P-38s rate of climb, its speed, the way it handled, and its firepower directly out the nose. The P-38 would turn with almost anything, in fact it would out turn the P-47, out climb it, and out maneuver it. The P-38 was one of the great aircraft of WWII."...Charles MacDonald, P-38 Ace

TugZooey
06-08-2004, 01:15 PM
I don't have the precision pro, but to access and change the settings, go into hardware/input set-up. There will be a drop down box on the left where you can change between X, Y and Z (Pitch, Roll and Yaw). The numbers can be changed to the right via slider or numerical change.

You can also change this under the confi file as well (this is what people usually post).

I have the Saitek and have mine somewhat like the following:

X 0 25 50 75 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 0
Y 0 25 50 75 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 0
Z 0 10 20 30 40 50 60 70 80 90 100 0

(I can't remember exactly how it is, but you get the point). The zeros at the beginning and end, I believe, represent filtering and deadband.

The way I have mine configured makes the aircraft very sensitive to joystick movements. I prefer this in planes like the Zeke and P-47 (pre-patch anyway, haven't tried it recently). I find this pretty good overall but makes extremely sensitive planes (e.g. 190 roll rate) very touchy.

Hopefully somebody else will chime in with better info regarding your joystick.

Biloxi72
06-09-2004, 05:50 AM
S!
Thanks TuG for the help!
Regards

capt_frank
06-09-2004, 08:49 AM
i've got the ms sidewinder precision 2 joystick and i use these settings:

pitch: 80, 85, 90, 93, 96, the rest 100
roll: all 100
yaw: all 100

works good for me http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

http://home.bellsouth.net/coDataImages/p/Groups/118/118940/pages/277850/30.jpg