PDA

View Full Version : Online play and campaigns

Fangio11
03-02-2004, 07:48 PM
Im new to IL2... sorta. I bought the original and FB but only played rarely and mostly offline. I love the game in every way, except im mostly an online flyer and prefer persistent environments like Warbirds or WWIIOL.

Im wonder though about online campaign games with IL2? I saw that mentioned in the AEP list. What is it?

For someone who prefers massive multiplayer type stuff.... what kind of persistent campaign games are there for IL2 and derivatives? Is virtual eastern front still around and active? Where? Are there other online persistent servers with campaign games? I have flown on hyperlobby but its tough to get into it when you missions just dont count for anything.

Thanks!

Fang

Fangio11
03-02-2004, 07:48 PM
Im new to IL2... sorta. I bought the original and FB but only played rarely and mostly offline. I love the game in every way, except im mostly an online flyer and prefer persistent environments like Warbirds or WWIIOL.

Im wonder though about online campaign games with IL2? I saw that mentioned in the AEP list. What is it?

For someone who prefers massive multiplayer type stuff.... what kind of persistent campaign games are there for IL2 and derivatives? Is virtual eastern front still around and active? Where? Are there other online persistent servers with campaign games? I have flown on hyperlobby but its tough to get into it when you missions just dont count for anything.

Thanks!

Fang

Fangio11
03-03-2004, 08:04 AM
bump

Arnie_OT
03-03-2004, 08:43 AM
No idea, I guess we will find out soon. :D

There was a thread about it somewhere around here as well btw, try to find it.

EDIT: here it is, just a few thoughts, but no facts.
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=23110283&m=409101452