PDA

View Full Version : Textbook Example

Stretch_ACL_
09-14-2004, 09:21 AM
I hopped into the greatergreen server the other night with a couple of sqaud mates looking for a good fight. If your ever going to find one I would say this server is probably one of the best for it. We depart our base in the south and form up into a nice formation heading off in search of Germans. We're climbing through about 3000 meters heading for the combat area and as tail-end-charlie I begin a tight scan of the airspace all around paying particular attention to the 6 o'clock. We're stacked inechelon to the right and tucked in very nice. All of a sudden everytihng disappears in a hail of blue, orange and gray. Before I can evenscream BOUNCE, BREAK RIGHT!!!!!!!!! on TS they're on us. The element lead of the attackers flashes past off my left wing and goes verticle (typical German lol) followed a fraction of a second later by his wingman. Then, all is quiet. These guys were good. They had done everything textbook. They came from a high 6 postion right out of the sun, made they're runs and then used they're superior speed to get away and set up for a second attack if needed. They had done everything perfectly except....... they didn't hit a d@#n thing. Not a scratch. They had come in so fast and well executed we didn't know which way to go. Afer they went verticle we were still in a beautiful formation with not a single hit on any one of us. Wow! Well, needless to say we proceeded to shoot both down after a sort engagement the should have ended with all 3 of us in pieces as their 30mm's tore through the formation.

Isn't this game GREAT!!!!!!!!!!

Stretch

Stretch_ACL_
09-14-2004, 09:21 AM
I hopped into the greatergreen server the other night with a couple of sqaud mates looking for a good fight. If your ever going to find one I would say this server is probably one of the best for it. We depart our base in the south and form up into a nice formation heading off in search of Germans. We're climbing through about 3000 meters heading for the combat area and as tail-end-charlie I begin a tight scan of the airspace all around paying particular attention to the 6 o'clock. We're stacked inechelon to the right and tucked in very nice. All of a sudden everytihng disappears in a hail of blue, orange and gray. Before I can evenscream BOUNCE, BREAK RIGHT!!!!!!!!! on TS they're on us. The element lead of the attackers flashes past off my left wing and goes verticle (typical German lol) followed a fraction of a second later by his wingman. Then, all is quiet. These guys were good. They had done everything textbook. They came from a high 6 postion right out of the sun, made they're runs and then used they're superior speed to get away and set up for a second attack if needed. They had done everything perfectly except....... they didn't hit a d@#n thing. Not a scratch. They had come in so fast and well executed we didn't know which way to go. Afer they went verticle we were still in a beautiful formation with not a single hit on any one of us. Wow! Well, needless to say we proceeded to shoot both down after a sort engagement the should have ended with all 3 of us in pieces as their 30mm's tore through the formation.

Isn't this game GREAT!!!!!!!!!!

Stretch

LEXX_Luthor
09-14-2004, 10:14 AM
Sounds Awsum.

You "forgot" to tell what planes? http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

"You will still have FB , you will lose nothing" ~WUAF_Badsight
"I had actually pre ordered CFS3 and I couldnt wait..." ~Bearcat99
"Gladiator and Falco, elegant weapons of a more civilized age" ~ElAurens
:
"Damn.....Where you did read about Spitfire made from a wood?
Close this book forever and don't open anymore!" ~Oleg_Maddox http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

Stretch_ACL_
09-14-2004, 10:33 AM
Yeah I guess I did. Sorry. We were flying P-51D's and were bounced by a pair of 109's (Actually I'm pretty sure they were 109's but they could have been 190's for all I know, it happened so fast and now its been a week or more plus I was wing so I never got that close to them) Anyway, they were good. They just forgot to hit the targets. lol

What surprised me the most was how into it I was. It actually scared the heck out of me. Everytime I play it gets better and better.

Stretch