PDA

View Full Version : Three suggestions

cyanocide
06-30-2015, 02:45 AM
I'm so excited for this game to come out and/or go into beta. I have a couple suggestions for the devs to think about.

1) Weather - I'd like to see randomized fog, hail, lightning, pounding rain, heavy snow, etc. Changing the time of day also would really add to the immersion and make the maps more replayable.
2) Shields - I'd like to see shield slams, burning arrows embed in shields and stay there through battle or until cut off, and an option to cast the shield aside and go dual-wield or for a 2H weapon.
3) Weapons - I'd like to see more weapon variety: morningstar, flail, glaives, halberds, double-bladed 2H axe, kusiragama (sickle on a chain).
4) Armor - I'd like to see (generally) three weights of armor for each faction. Light, medium and heavy. The light armor would have the least damage mitigation but would provide the fastest movement speed. The heavy would provide the most damage mitigation but would provide the lowest movement speed, etc.
5) Traps - Most sieges there were some nasty surprises. Portcullis comes down and blocks you and archers are firing at you through the murder holes. Boiling oil poured from above gets a torch thrown on it. Caltrops are thrown on the ground in front of incoming infantry. Simple leaves cover a deadfall pit with poisoned stakes down below. As much of this as can be put into the game, it will add to the realism and replayability.

I love the dark, gritty look and feel of the game. Can't wait to play!

naphack
06-30-2015, 05:16 AM
Well, first, that's more than three suggestions.

1) Weather - We are currently in pre-alpha... Weather is stuff that would be added in late beta.
2) Shields - Pretty sure, for the legion guy with the strapped kite shield, the shield bash is part of the guard break move. As for the warborn, in Viking swordsmanship, the shield is the main weapon and the sword is merely there to exploit the opening created by the shield. It's not about bashing the opponent with a shield, it's about ramming the edge of the shield into his armpit, weapon, neck or shield and striking with the sword simultaneously. As the sword arm will always stick close to the shield, shield bashes, as you call it, are the most integral part of Viking swordsmanship.
3) Weapons - Give it a rest already. It's a pre-alpha build and they barely scraped together two weapons to appeal to a wide audience of both clueless katana cultists and sword enthusiasts alike.
4) Armor - as the general impact of armor on movement speed is fairly limited, everyone will wear heavy armor anyway, as it provides more weight behind attacks and more protection. Make armor part of the kit, not a separate choice. The guy with a longsword gets to have better armor than the guy with a shield, the guy from the legions gets to have better armor than the guy from the chosen.
5) Traps - has already been stated in an interview. Traps are part of level design and they will test whether they add something to a map or are a mere annoyance. It's a ****ing pre-alpha build. Calm down already, it's not like they will still have a year to thing about these things.

Warphorntek
06-30-2015, 06:48 AM
This is in fog of future man. if i would choose one thing it would be definetly wether. Cant imagine nothing better than Heavy rain and armor reflecting thunders light. May some thunders can hit close to combatzone and blind nearby players / minions for moment. Would be epic :rolleyes:

SerWarhammer
06-30-2015, 07:43 AM
1) Weather - I'd like to see randomized fog, hail, lightning, pounding rain, heavy snow, etc. Changing the time of day also would really add to the immersion and make the maps more replayable.

Epic! I wanna this! Take the weather of AC4, and put it in For Honor

TrikRisk
06-30-2015, 02:42 PM
Totally agree with you. Nice suggestions, i really loved weather would be athing, the arrows on shield, and all the things you said! its going trhough my head, lol. but yea, perfect little details you mentioned for the game, i aggree with all of them

VoidWalker-
06-30-2015, 04:15 PM
All great ideas and i think most of them will be in the game anyway.

Xefjord
07-02-2015, 07:44 AM
Weather is a total yes for me. Its a good suggestion. Its never too early for suggestions.

Shield slams are a part of guard break I think, and that works perfectly fine. Catching burning arrows? Catching arrows maybe. Then you could break them off. But I think arrows
are less of a feature then you are putting them out to be. They are an ability, A shield user should have a bit more of an advantage, but getting arrows stuck is more aesthetic than it is game play. I think shields should take damage and you should be able to toss them aside if they become too broken, but I vehemently disagree with the discarding it for a two handed weapon or dual wielding. The point of classes is to separate play styles and there is little point I think if you can switch super easily. At least, if you could switch, you would be no where near as skilled with the new weapon as your old one.

I don't care too much about more weapons, they will add them if they want. I am more interested in swords and spears anyway.

Armor should not be separate from your class. It would defeat some of the dynamic balance and sacrifice you have to make when choosing your class. Besides everyone pretty well needs heavy armor to survive.

Traps are already planned

Mr_Moonstone
07-03-2015, 03:39 PM
[SIZE=3]I'm so excited for this game to come out and/or go into beta. I have a couple suggestions for the devs to think about.

I've had a similar idea that also incorporated weather: to bring more replayability to the game you could make the maps somehow randomized. Examples:

- different texture sets: so for instance the moss-covered old and grey castle you have been fighting at could look like it was made out of sandstone in the next round. like fighting in scotland and then somewhere around the mediterranean sea (like crusades or so).

- different daytimes with according light settings: again old mossy castle by daytime and sandstone castle at sundown. you already named it.

- weather: like you said.

I've been playing titanfall and by the time the maps turned boring. So to prevent that it would really be cool if the maps were to surprise you every time you step out.

greets

cyanocide
07-05-2015, 06:27 AM
Thanks for all the replies.

I had another idea. Hear me out.

Right now the peon troops are pretty much worthless. You can cuisinart enemy NPCs down three at a time. They're basically cannon fodder to make you feel like a badass.

What if, when you killed a player character, you inspired the nearby peons on your side to fight harder? Or if you could lift up the head of the warrior you just downed and freak out the enemy troops?

What do you think?

Mr_Moonstone
07-21-2015, 04:33 PM
Thanks for all the replies.

I had another idea. Hear me out.

Right now the peon troops are pretty much worthless. You can cuisinart enemy NPCs down three at a time. They're basically cannon fodder to make you feel like a badass.

What if, when you killed a player character, you inspired the nearby peons on your side to fight harder? Or if you could lift up the head of the warrior you just downed and freak out the enemy troops?

What do you think?

Well that sounds a bit like a perk they already implemented (without the mortal-combat-ish beheading).