PDA

View Full Version : I've watched REVOLUTION tonight. The movie is a disapointment.



XyZspineZyX
11-08-2003, 08:12 AM
I usually don't do that but I've been watching this moviie to the theater instead watching it in my computer /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

I've been a Matrix fan, I've been a so-so Reloaded fan, and the final Revolution kinda left in my appetite. Yeah, battle scenes were great, the final battle was cool. But I was utterly disapointed on how the W,Bros tried turn this trilogy into a Star Wars wannabe. Worse, I expected the final chapter to answer the general questions generated by the two firsts, instead they created more unanswered questions like:


*spoilers alert*



How the heck Neo was trapped in the Matrix without been jacked in???

Why oh why neo have powers in the real world.

Whatzup with the machines? If they peaced out with humans what about the humans harvestings and the dark clouds?

etc etc...


Too much non-senses (why the machines just don't drop a nuke in Zion). If I refer of what I saw, it an open ending telling the audience the war is over... for now, DUH!

There just a thing I liked however in this movie, there was no cheesy kungfu battle scenes. The fighting - gunning were great compared of the boredom ones of reloaded.

I feel cheated, but I guess that's the way to make movies these times.



BE WELL!




<center><td><a href=http://jonz.no-ip.com><font color="yellow">-> JonZ Artworks *updated 07-20-03* <-</font> (http://jonz.no-ip.com>http://jonz.no-ip.com/forums/uploads/post-1-1066972064.gif</a>
<table)</table></center>

yeehaaaaaaa, yeeeeeeehaaaaaahaaaaaaaaa, yeeeeeeeBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! - Dr. Strangelove
My english grammar is unéducated and french biased

XyZspineZyX
11-08-2003, 08:12 AM
I usually don't do that but I've been watching this moviie to the theater instead watching it in my computer /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

I've been a Matrix fan, I've been a so-so Reloaded fan, and the final Revolution kinda left in my appetite. Yeah, battle scenes were great, the final battle was cool. But I was utterly disapointed on how the W,Bros tried turn this trilogy into a Star Wars wannabe. Worse, I expected the final chapter to answer the general questions generated by the two firsts, instead they created more unanswered questions like:


*spoilers alert*



How the heck Neo was trapped in the Matrix without been jacked in???

Why oh why neo have powers in the real world.

Whatzup with the machines? If they peaced out with humans what about the humans harvestings and the dark clouds?

etc etc...


Too much non-senses (why the machines just don't drop a nuke in Zion). If I refer of what I saw, it an open ending telling the audience the war is over... for now, DUH!

There just a thing I liked however in this movie, there was no cheesy kungfu battle scenes. The fighting - gunning were great compared of the boredom ones of reloaded.

I feel cheated, but I guess that's the way to make movies these times.



BE WELL!




<center><td><a href=http://jonz.no-ip.com><font color="yellow">-> JonZ Artworks *updated 07-20-03* <-</font> (http://jonz.no-ip.com>http://jonz.no-ip.com/forums/uploads/post-1-1066972064.gif</a>
<table)</table></center>

yeehaaaaaaa, yeeeeeeehaaaaaahaaaaaaaaa, yeeeeeeeBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! - Dr. Strangelove
My english grammar is unéducated and french biased

XyZspineZyX
11-08-2003, 12:42 PM
OMG.... I have to jump in and agree...

what an absolute JOKE of a third movie..... you cant even clasify this one as a matrix movie... 85% of this movie is based outside of the matrix...

sure the action was great..... the attack on Zion is truely the best thing I've seen put on film... but thats it for me... the rest of the movie was rubbish !!

This third one did to the matrix trilogy what T3 did to the termiantor series.... its destroyed everything the first two movies did to set it up...



Yes I am also very disappointed with this one....

now that I got that out of my system....



--------------

SPOILERS !!!!!!!!!!!!! and answers.........

Warned !!



-
- How the heck Neo was trapped in the Matrix without
- been jacked in???
-
- Why oh why neo have powers in the real world.
-

something to do with the end of reloaded.... the architect said something about "a program" being downloaded to Neo... and he takes it with him....

other than that...I dunno..... its left a little confusing as they did not explain that to any detail



- Whatzup with the machines? If they peaced out with
- humans what about the humans harvestings and the
- dark clouds?

the movie ending... suggests that matrix has simply been "resetted".... Neo made the deal that he has to stop smith at all costs.... the deal was to save the people of zion.... not the people in the matrix...

by killing smith(s) the matrix was able to be resetted... and the cycle continues...

As the name of the movie and its catchphrase suggests...

Matrix - Revolutions and "everything that has a beggining has an end"

A revolution has both a start and an end... however... at the end there is a new beggining... hence the term "revolution"...

It basically means... the matrix has just started again...

thats what i think !!





Now for my question.....


How in the hell did Smith get out of the matrix and into Bane ????



<font color=#0066FF>________________________________________</font>
<font size=6 color=#0066FF>Sangsta</font>
<font color=#0066FF>SPLINTER CELL </font> (http://forums.ubi.com/messages/overview.asp?name=splintercell_gd)[B]<font size=1>& </font>[b]<font color=#0066FF> XIII (http://forums.ubi.com/messages/overview.asp?page=1&name=us_xiii_gd)</font><font size=1> FORUM MODERATOR </font>

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~sangvle/OzFlag.gif
<A HREF="http://www.ubi.com/US/CommunityZone/Forums/guidelines"target="_Blank" TARGET=_blank>
Click Here to see the Ubi.com Forum Guidelines</A>

XyZspineZyX
11-08-2003, 12:54 PM
Sangsta wrote:
- Now for my question.....
-
-
- How in the hell did Smith get out of the matrix and
- into Bane ????
-

in reloaded when bane and the other guy were at the phone bane let the other guy go first and smith jumped in behind bane and copied himself over him, so he looked like a smith in the matrix but in the real world he looked like bane.

http://www.desiredfx.net/sigs/files/devsignew.jpg (http://www.desiredfx.net)
You can have my gun when you pry it from my paranoid, mentally disturbed, physically-abusive, cold, dead hand.

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head
DesiredFx (http://www.desiredfx.net)

XyZspineZyX
11-08-2003, 05:05 PM
Well it looks like I won't be watching this one!/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

http://www.desiredfx.net/sigs/files/furiousgopher.jpg
<FONT COLOR="#B8860B">[b]<font size="1">Don't Make The Gopher Furious
Forum Gopher

XyZspineZyX
11-08-2003, 06:46 PM
JonZ wrote:
- How the heck Neo was trapped in the Matrix without
- been jacked in???
-
- Why oh why neo have powers in the real world.

this one was explained when trinity and morpheous went to the oracle she something to the sound of "the 'ones' power extend out from the matrix into the real world, therefore thats how he stopped the sentinles and how he was jacked in to the matrix, or atleast thats what i got out of it

http://www.desiredfx.net/sigs/files/devsignew.jpg (http://www.desiredfx.net)
You can have my gun when you pry it from my paranoid, mentally disturbed, physically-abusive, cold, dead hand.

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head
DesiredFx (http://www.desiredfx.net)

XyZspineZyX
11-08-2003, 07:03 PM
Mmmhmmm. I dunno, I depicted the Neo-Smith fight as "Jesus meets DBZ"... But the 'tack Zion was definitely awestriking.


<table style="filter:glow[color=red, strength=6)">_________________________________________
Lung-Tung and Company
Caretaker (NOT mod) of the SC Demo Forum</table></color>

http://www3.telus.net\robert\yanyan2.jpg

XyZspineZyX
11-08-2003, 07:07 PM
I watched it with the expectation of all questions being answered. Instead, all I got was a bunch more questions.

I enjoyed the film, but I didn't get what I was looking for, which tainted my viewing. I'll watch it again with a clear mind and I know I'll enjoy it more. Just tell me when the next Matrix film going to be released!

http://www.jc3.homestead.com/files/sig_slackbladder.jpg

XyZspineZyX
11-08-2003, 10:52 PM
I hated it as well for much the same reasons that everyone else has mentioned.

But one thing I really didn't like about this last matrix film. Is that in the first one it was the only action movie I know to actually have a good explenation why they can do so many crazy stunts and live.

The movie is grounded in reality to a certain point that the 'real' world is set in the future and people are somehow kept alive to provide engery to the machines.



But the other films just made the real world seem like another stupid action film.


http://www.gwpda.org/photos/bin07/imag0627.jpg


War sucks

XyZspineZyX
11-08-2003, 11:59 PM
Deviant_DFx wrote:
-
- in reloaded when bane and the other guy were at the
- phone bane let the other guy go first and smith
- jumped in behind bane and copied himself over him,
- so he looked like a smith in the matrix but in the
- real world he looked like bane.
-

yeah i remember that.... but i thought that was just a dream....

like Neo's dream of Trinity Dieing.....

ohh well.. i didnt think it was that easy...


Deviant_DFx wrote:
-
- JonZ wrote:
-- How the heck Neo was trapped in the Matrix without
-- been jacked in???
--
-- Why oh why neo have powers in the real world.
-
- this one was explained when trinity and morpheous
- went to the oracle she something to the sound of
- "the 'ones' power extend out from the matrix into
- the real world, therefore thats how he stopped the
- sentinles and how he was jacked in to the matrix, or
- atleast thats what i got out of it

he only felt "different" after the architect.... so he must have been given his extra powers then....

but realistically.... how could he be jacked into the matrix when he is unplugged ???...... its like my computer having an internet connection without having a modem !!!

ohh well....

indeed... like the movie... this thread raised more questions than it answered !!



<font color=#0066FF>________________________________________</font>
<font size=6 color=#0066FF>Sangsta</font>
<font color=#0066FF>SPLINTER CELL </font> (http://forums.ubi.com/messages/overview.asp?name=splintercell_gd)[B]<font size=1>& </font>[b]<font color=#0066FF> XIII (http://forums.ubi.com/messages/overview.asp?page=1&name=us_xiii_gd)</font><font size=1> FORUM MODERATOR </font>

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~sangvle/OzFlag.gif
<A HREF="http://www.ubi.com/US/CommunityZone/Forums/guidelines"target="_Blank" TARGET=_blank>
Click Here to see the Ubi.com Forum Guidelines</A>

XyZspineZyX
11-09-2003, 01:38 AM
even though it was awesome, i think its still worth seeing.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/cordfu/dench2.gif

XyZspineZyX
11-09-2003, 11:11 AM
Ok, I've just seen it (having avoided all threads with "matrix" in the title until this moment) and it's now 2:30am, so forgive me if I get loopy.

First off, I want to go on record as someone who LIKED the movie. I thought it was great. There were things ABOUT it I didn't like (such as some of the overt symbolism, ie Neo's whole Jesus routine, and some of the "predictable" plot bits); but all in all I thought it was a good movie. A lot of things were explained, if you get the explanations (and I'm not entirely sure I do http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif The whole trilogy has been full of symbolism and subtle meanings and multiple layers. I don't know if even the W's get it all, and they wrote the friggin' thing.

As for some of the questions raised in this thread, here's my take:

JonZ wrote:
- I usually don't do that but I've been watching this
- moviie to the theater instead watching it in my
- computer

I'll just say that coming from you, a budding artist so to speak, I find that very disturbing. We'll leave it at that. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

- How the heck Neo was trapped in the Matrix without
- been jacked in???

He wasn't trapped in the Matrix. The Trainman's area was outside of the Matrix. Now, how was he even in any computer program without being jacked in? The same way he could "see" at the end. Think of it as a human antenna.

- Why oh why neo have powers in the real world.

Others have said something about Neo carrying a program away from the conversation with the Architect. I'm not sure I quite agree with that interpretation, but I do think it goes back to his connection with the machine world as The One. He's hooked into their network, and as a human is capable of operating outside the bounds of his programming... so to speak.

- Whatzup with the machines? If they peaced out with
- humans what about the humans harvestings and the
- dark clouds?

Wars do not stop in an instant. First, the fighting stops and the talking starts. The movie ended about in the middle of that. Then you start negotiating. You get your POWs back, we get ours, blah blah blah. Besides, if they'd suddenly just unplugged everyone, a) the machines get shafted because they lose the majority of their power source, b) people get shafted because they can't possibly feed those millions of coppertops with their existing resources, c) the coppertops get shafted because they can't make the adjustment (a-la "he's gonna pop!"). Besides, there was some kind of agreement. The Oracle asked the Architect if he would really let those who chose to go, and asked for his word. His reply was a snide "What do you think I am, human?" Which I took to mean that he would let them go.

Sangsta wrote:
- you cant even clasify this one as a matrix movie... 85%
- of this movie is based outside of the matrix...

Well, since the whole point of the trilogy is humanity trying to get free of the Matrix, meaning there has to be an outside world, and we need to see what's going on out there... I'd have to disagree with you on this one.

- This third one did to the matrix trilogy what T3
- did to the termiantor series....

Disagree there too. T3 did ruin the T series. Actually, a lot of people said that about the second one, which I happen to like better than the first one. But I don't see it that way with the Matrix. If anything, I see the second and third ones as about equal, and somewhat lesser than the first one. I dunno, they just didn't seem as polished to me.

- It basically means... the matrix has just started again...

Agree with that one, but not for the same reaons - read on.

- How in the hell did Smith get out of the matrix and into Bane ????

Someone already explained that, Smith infected Bane just before jacking out. When it comes down to it, people are just software (the mind) in hardware (the body). Software can be re/over-written.

- he only felt "different" after the architect.... so
- he must have been given his extra powers then....

A baby is not born walking, though it has the ability to. Neo didn't make his first jump. Just because someone hasn't yet done something doesn't mean they can't do it. I maintain that Neo always had the power to affect the machines in the real world and hook into their network. He just didn't know he did or how to do it. Hence the Oracle's line to Neo in the kitchen in both the first and third movies about "knowing thyself".

- but realistically.... how could he be jacked into
- the matrix when he is unplugged ???...... its like
- my computer having an internet connection without
- having a modem !!!

They "jack in" by connecting to the ship's system and then broadcasting a signal to the Matrix. Like a wireless network. Neo simply has the ability to access this network (and the surrounding networks) without the use of the ship's equipment. He has his own built in wireless network card. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif We are sort of talking about reality in a science-fiction film here, but remember, only about %10 of the average human brain is actually in use - at least for things we can measure/know about.

I think that the Matrix was reset, just as the Architect said it had to be. Neo returned to the Source at the end. If you remember the conversation in the kitchen (3rd movie) between Neo and the Oracle, she said that Smith was Neo's opposite, his negative, the opposite side of the equation. She also said that the Architect's purpose was to balance [an] equation, and that she was trying to unbalance it. But in the end, she sort of came through in the Smith to say "Everything that has a beginning has an end." I think that's when it clicked to Neo that he had to return to the source. Once he did so, the code he carries that addresses choice (per the conversation with the Architect in the second film) could be reintegrated into the Source, balancing the equation (which Smith was a part of as Neo's opposite). And for those of you who don't remember your basic math, if you remove something on one side of an equation, you must remove it from the other in order for it to stay balanced. Neo goes, boom, no more Smith, Neo's code is reintegrated into the Source and the Matrix can be "fixed" back to normal operation. Sort of.

It will, of course, be interesting to see what follows. All the making of features and books that explain everything etc. From the creators that is. I'm not talking about those cornball books by delusional... people, who think the Matrix is really some Christian Jesus' Second Coming repent now see the light...

Bah. When I heard about those, I was annoyed. Almost, but not quite, as annoyed as when I heard about that French moron's book that claimed that 9/11 never happened.

Anyway, now it's 3am and I know I'm not coherent.

<TABLE ALIGN=LEFT BORDER=0 CELLPADDING=5 CELLSPACING=5 RULES=NONE COLS=2 WIDTH=80%>
<TR><TD>http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jakal30/nightsig.gif </TD>
<TD><font color=white size=-2>"...the Goddess could not spend all Her time persuading the
Kings and Queens of the world of the idiocy of war. Therefore
She invented tacticians..." - Diane Duane</font></TD></TR>
</TABLE>

XyZspineZyX
11-09-2003, 10:19 PM
ghost397 wrote:
- Bah. When I heard about those, I was annoyed.
- Almost, but not quite, as annoyed as when I heard
- about that French moron's book that claimed that
- 9/11 never happened.


Nyrr... Tick tick!/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

Eyyeah...

Like I said, "Jesus meets DBZ".


<table style="filter:glow[color=red, strength=6)">_________________________________________
Lung-Tung and Company
Caretaker (NOT mod) of the SC Demo Forum</table></color>

http://www3.telus.net\robert\yanyan2.jpg

XyZspineZyX
11-10-2003, 01:30 AM
ghost397 ....

your explainations are good... but It's like I dont fully understand the movie...its more like I disagree with it or dont like the ideas...

I just dont like the idea of Neo having power outside the matrix...

like how he can see when he is blind... being able to blow up all those "sentinal bombs" by raising his hand and using his mind...

sure he is connected to the source..... but how does the matrix or the source know whats going on in the real world... so therefore how could neo use it to see (in lights)...

--------

and machines dont know how to make a "deal"....

they dont bargain... they dont have a conscious...

so its pointless to think that a machine will say ok... we'll make a deal...

--------

but thats just me and my opinion... i'm notsaying I'm right or wrong.... I just dont like how they chose to end the matrix saga !!

its pointless in having "the one" if at the end... the matrix just resets itself !!

<font color=#0066FF>________________________________________</font>
<font size=6 color=#0066FF>Sangsta</font>
<font color=#0066FF>SPLINTER CELL </font> (http://forums.ubi.com/messages/overview.asp?name=splintercell_gd)[B]<font size=1>& </font>[b]<font color=#0066FF> XIII (http://forums.ubi.com/messages/overview.asp?page=1&name=us_xiii_gd)</font><font size=1> FORUM MODERATOR </font>

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~sangvle/OzFlag.gif
<A HREF="http://www.ubi.com/US/CommunityZone/Forums/guidelines"target="_Blank" TARGET=_blank>
Click Here to see the Ubi.com Forum Guidelines</A>

XyZspineZyX
11-10-2003, 02:11 AM
Sangsta wrote:
- ghost397 ....
-
- your explainations are good... but It's like I dont
- fully understand the movie...its more like I
- disagree with it or dont like the ideas...

That's cool, everyone's entitled to an opinion. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif And that's what a lot of this movie is, all kinds of philosophical questions.

- and machines dont know how to make a "deal"....
- they dont bargain... they dont have a conscious...
- so its pointless to think that a machine will say
- ok... we'll make a deal...

Now there, you're outside the context of the movie. Part of the world in which the Matrix takes place acknowledges the creation of AI - artificial intelligence. Not simulated intelligence, but a truely independant and thinking intelligence. So they DO have a conscious. They start to get into that at the beginning with Neo and Sati's father in the train station.

If you're saying that machines can't have a consciousness as a philosophical point of view, that's another matter entirely. It is afterall science fiction, and with any type of fiction, but particularly fantasy and sci-fi, the author has to establish rules which the world he creates must follow. In this world, AI is fact, not theory, so saying that the machines can't have a conscious is like saying you can't really build a hovercraft. We all know that in this world you can't (yet, not like shown in the movie), but it accepted as a part of the world of the Matrix.

<TABLE ALIGN=LEFT BORDER=0 CELLPADDING=5 CELLSPACING=5 RULES=NONE COLS=2 WIDTH=80%>
<TR><TD>http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jakal30/nightsig.gif </TD>
<TD><font color=white size=-2>"...the Goddess could not spend all Her time persuading the
Kings and Queens of the world of the idiocy of war. Therefore
She invented tacticians..." - Diane Duane</font></TD></TR>
</TABLE>

XyZspineZyX
11-10-2003, 06:09 AM
ghost wrote:
"He wasn't trapped in the Matrix. The Trainman's area was outside of the Matrix. Now, how was he even in any computer program without being jacked in? The same way he could "see" at the end. Think of it as a human antenna."

Ah, the art of making up excuses for someone else just because you like it. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif The train station is a program that fools you in thinking it's an actual place. Yes, that sounds just like the Matrix. Oh gee wiz, it's the same thing, if you need to be plugged in to get into the Matrix, you'll need to be plugged in to be in the train station. Oh well.

"Others have said something about Neo carrying a program away from the conversation with the Architect. I'm not sure I quite agree with that interpretation, but I do think it goes back to his connection with the machine world as The One. He's hooked into their network, and as a human is capable of operating outside the bounds of his programming... so to speak."

Ok, can someone please please try to "carry" a program inside him that can affect machines around them.

Alrighty then...


"Wars do not stop in an instant. First, the fighting stops and the talking starts. The movie ended about in the middle of that. Then you start negotiating. You get your POWs back, we get ours, blah blah blah. Besides, if they'd suddenly just unplugged everyone, a) the machines get shafted because they lose the majority of their power source, b) people get shafted because they can't possibly feed those millions of coppertops with their existing resources, c) the coppertops get shafted because they can't make the adjustment (a-la "he's gonna pop!"). Besides, there was some kind of agreement. The Oracle asked the Architect if he would really let those who chose to go, and asked for his word. His reply was a snide "What do you think I am, human?" Which I took to mean that he would let them go."

Big explanation, but someone has already said this, drill a hole, and send one or two nuclear bombs, end of the war. Why bother with the whole sending in tons and tons of sentinels? Waste of time.

"Disagree there too. T3 did ruin the T series. Actually, a lot of people said that about the second one, which I happen to like better than the first one. But I don't see it that way with the Matrix. If anything, I see the second and third ones as about equal, and somewhat lesser than the first one. I dunno, they just didn't seem as polished to me."

Well, I haven't really heard anyone who said that about T2, only a few, but no one I know personally, they obviously make up the great minority, T2 was a hulking success. I won't compare this to T3 though, I'd have to agree with ghost on this one. I didn't really like Matrix Revolutions, but I didn't absolutely hate it like T3, you guys witnessed my tamper tantrum that went on for days after I saw T3, that movie really got me riled up. This movie just seemed a bit corny and lame, especially the ending, but other than that, I think it was better than the second one because the second one was extremely boring in my opinion except for the occassional action scene.

"Someone already explained that, Smith infected Bane just before jacking out. When it comes down to it, people are just software (the mind) in hardware (the body). Software can be re/over-written."

I kind of sort of agree with that too, I don't think such a short time could really rewrite the entire brain, but then again, we're not talking about the same technology as our current, so I guess maybe it's super efficient. I still disagree that you can make the human body have these powers simply by implanting a program in the brain, we're still limited by what our bodies can do in the real world.



Really though, they didn't really get to me through out the movie, I was just blankly watching the movie, I never got lost in the story like I do in good movies, but they really lost me in that final fight scene, the whole flying around crap was uber corny.

<hr>
--"General Hammond, request permission to beat the crap out of this man." -Col. Jack O'Neill -Stargate SG-1
--Capt. Carter: "You think it might be a booby trap?"
‚ ‚ Teal'c: "Booby?"
--"I'm a bomb technician, if you see me running, try to catch up" -in Russian on a bomb tech's shirt from "The Sum of All Fears"
--"All my life, I've been waiting for someone and when I find her, she's a fish!" -Tom Hanks "Splash"
--"War is not about who's right, it's about who's left." -Anders Russell

XyZspineZyX
11-10-2003, 07:40 AM
it was entertaining, but i didnt like the fact that they seemed to break their own rules set in the first one. so the things that happened in this one didnt make too much sense. after smith is dead, why dont the machines simply destroy Zion? why would they release "anyone who wants to leave" the Matrix and join Zion? etc.

_______________________________________

"Generals dont run; during peace this prompts laughter, during war this prompts panic."

XyZspineZyX
11-10-2003, 07:47 AM
After the first Matrix, someone asked who released the first person from the Matrix. So they made up an answer. Simple.

<hr>
--"General Hammond, request permission to beat the crap out of this man." -Col. Jack O'Neill -Stargate SG-1
--Capt. Carter: "You think it might be a booby trap?"
‚ ‚ Teal'c: "Booby?"
--"I'm a bomb technician, if you see me running, try to catch up" -in Russian on a bomb tech's shirt from "The Sum of All Fears"
--"All my life, I've been waiting for someone and when I find her, she's a fish!" -Tom Hanks "Splash"
--"War is not about who's right, it's about who's left." -Anders Russell

XyZspineZyX
11-10-2003, 09:29 AM
Demon_Mustang wrote:
-
- Ah, the art of making up excuses for someone else
- just because you like it.The train station is a
- program that fools you in thinking it's an actual
- place. Yes, that sounds just like the Matrix. Oh gee
- wiz, it's the same thing, if you need to be plugged
- in to get into the Matrix, you'll need to be plugged
- in to be in the train station. Oh well.
-

agreed....... just like the construct, they still need to plugged in... I just like the idea of how he can be trapped in such a place after being unplugged...

he fainted after using his powers in the real world.. Trinity and co had to go inside the matrix to get him out... therefore he must have been stuck inside or near-inside the matrix.. therefore... he went from being unplugged to back inside the matrix... it just seems like a stuypid idea !!

-
- Well, I haven't really heard anyone who said that
- about T2, only a few, but no one I know personally,
- they obviously make up the great minority, T2 was a
- hulking success. I won't compare this to T3 though,
- I'd have to agree with ghost on this one. I didn't
- really like Matrix Revolutions, but I didn't
- absolutely hate it like T3, you guys witnessed my
- tamper tantrum that went on for days after I saw T3,
- that movie really got me riled up. This movie just
- seemed a bit corny and lame, especially the ending,
- but other than that, I think it was better than the
- second one because the second one was extremely
- boring in my opinion except for the occassional
- action scene.

ok.. i may have exaggerated here.... T3 did in fact ruin the series for me..

Revolutions is not that bad....its just that all the build up after reloaded... I just wanted something to blow my mind.... not from an "action" point of view (i got that from the zion battle)... but from a "matrix" point of view...

I thought some of the explainations were... put simply... cheap.... they took the cheap way out...

the explaination (in the movie) to why he powers outside the matrix is stupid.....i mean... the idea of a human brain being able to control a machine is not realistic in terms of a "simulation" point of view....Hey... I would have prefered the whole "matrix within a matrix" idea... at least that would have been better to digest...

-
- Really though, they didn't really get to me through
- out the movie, I was just blankly watching the
- movie, I never got lost in the story like I do in
- good movies, but they really lost me in that final
- fight scene, the whole flying around crap was uber
- corny.
-

same here.. I was waiting in anticipation for some mind blowing philosophy... nothing came close to that...

and serisouly.. they said they spent $50 million on the 15 min fight scene at the end.... i was expecting soooooo much more than what they gave us... what did they spend money on ??... the freeway the built cost almost that amount...

oohh well.... at least if they chose to make more matrix movies... at least they can start from scratch ... literally... /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif


----

ohh by the way.. thanks for the constuctive debate..

at least we can bounce off each other without anyone getting p'ed off....

coming from a mod... its good to see.... cheers



<font color=#0066FF>________________________________________</font>
<font size=6 color=#0066FF>Sangsta</font>
<font color=#0066FF>SPLINTER CELL </font> (http://forums.ubi.com/messages/overview.asp?name=splintercell_gd)[B]<font size=1>& </font>[b]<font color=#0066FF> XIII (http://forums.ubi.com/messages/overview.asp?page=1&name=us_xiii_gd)</font><font size=1> FORUM MODERATOR </font>

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~sangvle/OzFlag.gif
<A HREF="http://www.ubi.com/US/CommunityZone/Forums/guidelines"target="_Blank" TARGET=_blank>
Click Here to see the Ubi.com Forum Guidelines</A>

XyZspineZyX
11-11-2003, 03:09 AM
Demon_Mustang wrote:
- Ah, the art of making up excuses for someone else
- just because you like it.

*sigh* I don't even know why I'm bother responding to you Demon. I am not "making up excuses" for anyone. I am offering MY interpretation of what I saw.

- The train station is a
- program that fools you in thinking it's an actual
- place. Yes, that sounds just like the Matrix.

In the first movie, the Construct was not the Matrix, or even a part of the Matrix. It was, in fact, not even on the machine network. For some reason a lot of people seem to be missing the fact that the Matrix is a program running in a certain place with certain boundaries. It is not the be-all end-all of digital existence (in the movie) and in fact *most* of the machines and programs aren't even within it. That's like saying a single server is the entire Internet. Again, all within the context of the movie.

- wiz, it's the same thing, if you need to be plugged
- in to get into the Matrix, you'll need to be plugged
- in to be in the train station. Oh well.

That wasn't the point of what I said there. The difference between the Matrix and the Train Station is that the Train Station was coded, from the ground up, by the Trainman. He wrote the rules, and those don't match the rules of the Matrix which are based on the real world. Which is why Neo ran out one side and into the other. The Train Station is a buffer between the machine network and the Matrix, nothing more.

- Ok, can someone please please try to "carry" a
- program inside him that can affect machines around
- them.

Here we go again. It's SCIENCE FICTION people! Get over it! Show me a friggin Stargate Demon! Show me people stepping through a ring into a "stable" wormhole that goes millions of light years away! There are certain "givens" in every fiction story. Superman wasn't all that super until he ended up on earth now was he? What it boils down to is suspension of belief. Obviously you either went into it just LOOKING for holes, or they weren't sucessful enough at telling a story (which is entirely possible) to keep you entertained enough to not have time to go looking for holes.

- Big explanation, but someone has already said this,
- drill a hole, and send one or two nuclear bombs, end
- of the war. Why bother with the whole sending in
- tons and tons of sentinels? Waste of time.

I don't have any thoughts on that one. It is a logic flaw. Then again, name me any movie or story that doesn't have a few. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

- I kind of sort of agree with that too, I don't think
- such a short time could really rewrite the entire
- brain

Actually, in the second movie I was theorizing that the rewrite wasn't total, and that Bane was trying to kill himself (cuts on the arm) because he knew Smith was in there and he couldn't get him out or control it (meaning Smith was still trying to take over completely). Sort of like Ga'ould. But after seeing the third one, I think it more likely that Smith was so disgusted with the shell he was in that he was damaging it. Or experimenting. Or whatever. I base that off the conversation with Neo just before he gets "killed".

- good movies, but they really lost me in that final
- fight scene, the whole flying around crap was uber
- corny.

I thought so too. But I guess they based that fight scene of off some final battle in some Kung-fu movie. That and anime have been major influence on the movie, some good, and obviously some bad. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif


---"I'm a bomb technician, if you see me running, try to catch up" -in Russian on a bomb tech's shirt from "The Sum of All Fears"


While I'm at it Demon, that one little line about your sig always bugs me. Mostly because that shirt was out long before the movie... :b

<TABLE ALIGN=LEFT BORDER=0 CELLPADDING=5 CELLSPACING=5 RULES=NONE COLS=2 WIDTH=80%>
<TR><TD>http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jakal30/nightsig.gif </TD>
<TD><font color=white size=-2>"...the Goddess could not spend all Her time persuading the
Kings and Queens of the world of the idiocy of war. Therefore
She invented tacticians..." - Diane Duane</font></TD></TR>
</TABLE>

XyZspineZyX
11-11-2003, 07:31 AM
That's what annoys me the most with the movie, everyone have his own interpretation of the movie which is kind rubish. If the movie is up to a personnal interpretation then for me it a clue that the Directors don't have clue on how to make a good script + the basics of storytelling techniques.

It was like someone who has been promised to get a Blue Porche 911 and I got a Red Ferrari instead and I'm trying to catch up the car dealer to know what the hell happened in the process.

<center><td><a href=http://jonz.no-ip.com><font color="yellow">-> JonZ Artworks *updated 07-20-03* <-</font> (http://jonz.no-ip.com>http://jonz.no-ip.com/forums/uploads/post-1-1066972064.gif</a>
<table)</table></center>

yeehaaaaaaa, yeeeeeeehaaaaaahaaaaaaaaa, yeeeeeeeBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! - Dr. Strangelove
My english grammar is unéducated and french biased

XyZspineZyX
11-11-2003, 08:23 AM
Do you want to be dictated to, or given a source of ideas?

A good movie, like a good novel, et al, should inspire the viewer. We're not talking about a Die Hard movie, where we know that it's going to be a compacted take on a genre. Instead, we are looking at a genre that is inherently thoughtful.

To look for closure in The Matrix series is akin to looking for body count in When Harry Met Sally.

Just MHO.

_______________________________________
Talking to you is like trying to teach a cat that the vacuum cleaner isn't going to eat it.
<a href="http://teamvf.com" target="_blank">
http://webhome.idirect.com/~nkirv/danrumblesig.gif</a>



<font size="2" face="Terminal">SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0 </font>

<font size="2" face="Terminal">0 rows returned</font></p>

XyZspineZyX
11-11-2003, 08:50 AM
"In the first movie, the Construct was not the Matrix, or even a part of the Matrix. It was, in fact, not even on the machine network."

Yah, and you'll also notice in the first one you'll still need to be jacked in to be in the Construct...

"That wasn't the point of what I said there. The difference between the Matrix and the Train Station is that the Train Station was coded, from the ground up, by the Trainman."

Oh wow, that changes everything, not. So, somehow, you can't access the construct or any program environment without being jacked in, but since trainman wrote it differently, all of a sudden you can access it without being jacked in. But wait a minute, how would you even receive the information that it's written differently without some kind of physical connection? Hm, that's weird, oh but I guess the weak explanation they give here explains it all, so let's all just be jolly.

"Here we go again. It's SCIENCE FICTION people! Get over it! Show me a friggin Stargate Demon! Show me people stepping through a ring into a "stable" wormhole that goes millions of light years away! There are certain "givens" in every fiction story. Superman wasn't all that super until he ended up on earth now was he? What it boils down to is suspension of belief. Obviously you either went into it just LOOKING for holes, or they weren't sucessful enough at telling a story (which is entirely possible) to keep you entertained enough to not have time to go looking for holes."

It's all about what it's based on, shows and movies like stargate establish the "fact" within the universe that the device is possible. Superman is an alien, and only he shares in the power, not everyone in the superman movies have some ability none of us in real life here has. The Matrix is supposed to be what we're all experiencing now. They never established any reason for why a human being in the real world can affect machines. Nobody else can do it, and Neo isn't an Alien or anything that would be left for creatism. Neo might be considered "the one" in the matrix, but in the real world he's human like everyone else. And his abilities are limited to what all other humans can do.

"Actually, in the second movie I was theorizing that the rewrite wasn't total, and that Bane was trying to kill himself (cuts on the arm) because he knew Smith was in there and he couldn't get him out or control it (meaning Smith was still trying to take over completely). Sort of like Ga'ould. But after seeing the third one, I think it more likely that Smith was so disgusted with the shell he was in that he was damaging it. Or experimenting. Or whatever. I base that off the conversation with Neo just before he gets "killed"."

Well, the cuts in his arm are not really close to anywhere that might be fatal. For one thing, they are on the wrong side... but who cares about that, the fact is, Smith took him over, we'll just assume it's possible, this one thing didn't really bother me that much.

"I thought so too. But I guess they based that fight scene of off some final battle in some Kung-fu movie. That and anime have been major influence on the movie, some good, and obviously some bad. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif "

Well, for the most part, Kung Fu movies limit flying to leaps and darting. The actually being able to fly and alter your direction in the air is more anime than anything else.

"While I'm at it Demon, that one little line about your sig always bugs me. Mostly because that shirt was out long before the movie... "

Well obviously, I doubt the movie meant to suggest that the person wearing the shirt made it himself, he must have bought it from somewhere...

<hr>
--"General Hammond, request permission to beat the crap out of this man." -Col. Jack O'Neill -Stargate SG-1
--Capt. Carter: "You think it might be a booby trap?"
‚ ‚ Teal'c: "Booby?"
--"I'm a bomb technician, if you see me running, try to catch up" -in Russian on a bomb tech's shirt from "The Sum of All Fears"
--"All my life, I've been waiting for someone and when I find her, she's a fish!" -Tom Hanks "Splash"
--"War is not about who's right, it's about who's left." -Anders Russell

XyZspineZyX
11-11-2003, 08:51 AM
Actually Dannik, a good movie will get the viewer lost into the role of one of the characters. They would no longer be watching a movie, but be part of the plot itself. In order for that to happen, you must at least understand what the hell is going on first, if not, you'll spend all your time thinking about it and you'll be distracted.

<hr>
--"General Hammond, request permission to beat the crap out of this man." -Col. Jack O'Neill -Stargate SG-1
--Capt. Carter: "You think it might be a booby trap?"
‚ ‚ Teal'c: "Booby?"
--"I'm a bomb technician, if you see me running, try to catch up" -in Russian on a bomb tech's shirt from "The Sum of All Fears"
--"All my life, I've been waiting for someone and when I find her, she's a fish!" -Tom Hanks "Splash"
--"War is not about who's right, it's about who's left." -Anders Russell

XyZspineZyX
11-14-2003, 01:15 AM
JonZ wrote:
- I usually don't do that but I've been watching this
- moviie to the theater instead watching it in my
- computer /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
-
- I've been a Matrix fan, I've been a so-so Reloaded
- fan, and the final Revolution kinda left in my
- appetite. Yeah, battle scenes were great, the final
- battle was cool. But I was utterly disapointed on
- how the W,Bros tried turn this trilogy into a Star
- Wars wannabe. Worse, I expected the final chapter
- to answer the general questions generated by the two
- firsts, instead they created more unanswered
- questions like:

Are you saying you are upset that the movie did not answer all of your questions? Were you expecting your typical Hollywood happy ending?


-
- How the heck Neo was trapped in the Matrix without
- been jacked in???

Wireless modem?
-
- Why oh why neo have powers in the real world.

Because he's the One
-
- Whatzup with the machines? If they peaced out with
- humans what about the humans harvestings and the
- dark clouds?
-

Good question. Just think Unanswered Questions + $207million in the first weekend = The Matrix 4


- Too much non-senses (why the machines just don't
- drop a nuke in Zion). If I refer of what I saw, it
- an open ending telling the audience the war is
- over... for now, DUH!

This was explained in the second one. You weren't paying attention to that discussion with the Architect, were you? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
-
- There just a thing I liked however in this movie,
- there was no cheesy kungfu battle scenes. The
- fighting - gunning were great compared of the
- boredom ones of reloaded.


Funny, it was the Kung Fu battle scenes that were my favourite. But this was always a integral element of the Matrix movies. Could it be you are just not a Matrix fan?

Personally I think this movie was just far too deep for most people and the reason a lot of people didn't like it is because a) it didn't have a happy Hollywood ending that answered all of your questions and b) they just plain didn't understand it.

Personally, I loved it.

http://www.nrm.org/illustration/obrien/tyson.jpg

<center><marquee><font color="red"><font size="2"
<style="Verdana">"Why, we have gotten into a mess, a quagmire from which each fresh step renders the difficulty of extrication immensely greater. I'm sure I wish I could see what we were getting out of it, and all it means to us as a nation." - Mark Twain, during the US occupation of the Phillippines <font color="red"><font size="2" style="Verdana"><center><marquee>

XyZspineZyX
11-14-2003, 01:25 AM
Well, I interpret his statement about cheesy kung fu, not that kung fu is cheesy, but the ones in the Matrix were.

Anyway, maybe he just doesn't like Kung Fu, I do, some of the ones in the first one was alright. The first fight when Neo and the agents in the second one was really bad, the fight scene with Neo and Smith in the first one was good, the fight scene with Neo and all the Smiths in the second one was a bit ridiculous and made Smith seem weak, the ending fight scene with Neo and Smith in the third one was corny. So, there really wasn't a lot of really good fight scenes in these movies. I haven't watched a movie with a decent fight scene in it in a while actually. I think the last films I saw with good fight scenes was Gorgeous, an old Jackie Chan movie.

<hr>
--"General Hammond, request permission to beat the crap out of this man." -Col. Jack O'Neill -Stargate SG-1
--Capt. Carter: "You think it might be a booby trap?"
‚ ‚ Teal'c: "Booby?"
--"I'm a bomb technician, if you see me running, try to catch up" -in Russian on a bomb tech's shirt from "The Sum of All Fears"
--"All my life, I've been waiting for someone and when I find her, she's a fish!" -Tom Hanks "Splash"
--"War is not about who's right, it's about who's left." -Anders Russell

XyZspineZyX
11-14-2003, 01:36 AM
Demon_Mustang wrote:
- Well, I interpret his statement about cheesy kung
- fu, not that kung fu is cheesy, but the ones in the
- Matrix were.
-
- Anyway, maybe he just doesn't like Kung Fu, I do

Maybe he's just wrong and I'm right. Did you ever think of that Demon?

http://www.nrm.org/illustration/obrien/tyson.jpg

<center><marquee><font color="red"><font size="2"
<style="Verdana">"Why, we have gotten into a mess, a quagmire from which each fresh step renders the difficulty of extrication immensely greater. I'm sure I wish I could see what we were getting out of it, and all it means to us as a nation." - Mark Twain, during the US occupation of the Phillippines <font color="red"><font size="2" style="Verdana"><center><marquee>

XyZspineZyX
11-14-2003, 01:37 AM
Um, no, I failed to consider that /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

<hr>
--"General Hammond, request permission to beat the crap out of this man." -Col. Jack O'Neill -Stargate SG-1
--Capt. Carter: "You think it might be a booby trap?"
‚ ‚ Teal'c: "Booby?"
--"I'm a bomb technician, if you see me running, try to catch up" -in Russian on a bomb tech's shirt from "The Sum of All Fears"
--"All my life, I've been waiting for someone and when I find her, she's a fish!" -Tom Hanks "Splash"
--"War is not about who's right, it's about who's left." -Anders Russell

XyZspineZyX
11-14-2003, 01:43 AM
Demon_Mustang wrote:
- Well, I interpret his statement about cheesy kung
- fu, not that kung fu is cheesy, but the ones in the
- Matrix were.
-
- Anyway, maybe he just doesn't like Kung Fu, I do,
- some of the ones in the first one was alright. The
- first fight when Neo and the agents in the second
- one was really bad, the fight scene with Neo and
- Smith in the first one was good, the fight scene
- with Neo and all the Smiths in the second one was a
- bit ridiculous and made Smith seem weak, the ending
- fight scene with Neo and Smith in the third one was
- corny. So, there really wasn't a lot of really good
- fight scenes in these movies. I haven't watched a
- movie with a decent fight scene in it in a while
- actually. I think the last films I saw with good
- fight scenes was Gorgeous, an old Jackie Chan movie.


Seriously I thought that the fight with the Smiths had the potential to be ridiculous but I thought they pulled it off really well. Remember they were in the Matrix and so nothing is real. And don't forget that compared to Neo, Smith on his own is weak. Also, consider that the duplication of Smith (like a virus) was a necessary element in the story. Without it, Zion would have been destroyed and the subjugation of humans would have continued as before.. Now, the humans have a chance because they know what game is being played against them.

Demon, if you thought Gorgeous had any redeeming features you should have each of your limbs tied to a horse so that when they set off at a gallop you'll be pulled into four seperate pieces.

http://www.nrm.org/illustration/obrien/tyson.jpg

<center><marquee><font color="red"><font size="2"
<style="Verdana">"Why, we have gotten into a mess, a quagmire from which each fresh step renders the difficulty of extrication immensely greater. I'm sure I wish I could see what we were getting out of it, and all it means to us as a nation." - Mark Twain, during the US occupation of the Phillippines <font color="red"><font size="2" style="Verdana"><center><marquee>

XyZspineZyX
11-14-2003, 01:57 AM
Hey, I don't care about the whole love story crap, I just watched it for the fighting.

Anyway, if you don't remember from the first one, Smith royally whooped Neo's arse when they fought. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif I guess that's before Neo realized he was "The One" or whatever, haha. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Well, if you look at the ending fight scene in the 3rd Matrix, Smith can hold his own against Neo, but perhaps he's stronger now than before...

<hr>
--"General Hammond, request permission to beat the crap out of this man." -Col. Jack O'Neill -Stargate SG-1
--Capt. Carter: "You think it might be a booby trap?"
‚ ‚ Teal'c: "Booby?"
--"I'm a bomb technician, if you see me running, try to catch up" -in Russian on a bomb tech's shirt from "The Sum of All Fears"
--"All my life, I've been waiting for someone and when I find her, she's a fish!" -Tom Hanks "Splash"
--"War is not about who's right, it's about who's left." -Anders Russell

XyZspineZyX
11-14-2003, 07:08 AM
MisterNiceGuy wrote:
-
- Are you saying you are upset that the movie did not
- answer all of your questions? Were you expecting
- your typical Hollywood happy ending?
-
What's wrong with happy ending? Was this one was happy? it was, but very harsh ending IMO, The discutions with the Oracle and the Architect was cheese from Swiss.

--
-- How the heck Neo was trapped in the Matrix without
-- been jacked in???
-
- Wireless modem?

Hah. so I guess by this answer you are unable to explain that, like the million disapointed Matrix fans.

--
-- Why oh why neo have powers in the real world.
-
- Because he's the One

He's the One, but in The Matrix, I rarely see people in the real world take down machineries by hand gestures /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif The whole concept of the first movie was based this way, you do your unreal stuff magic physics wonders in the matrix but can't in the real world cuz the machines ownz u.

--
-- Whatzup with the machines? If they peaced out with
-- humans what about the humans harvestings and the
-- dark clouds?
--
-
- Good question. Just think Unanswered Questions +
- $207million in the first weekend = The Matrix 4

Aren't you tired of sequels? Don't you ever learned that more sequels = more crap movies? Does Star Wars and T3 sound somethings to you?
-
-
-- Too much non-senses (why the machines just don't
-- drop a nuke in Zion). If I refer of what I saw, it
-- an open ending telling the audience the war is
-- over... for now, DUH!
-
- This was explained in the second one. You weren't
- paying attention to that discussion with the
- Architect, were you?

Believe me I listened that part alot, but Neo choosed the wrong door, so basically what the architect has told was not about to happen cuz Neo was breaking the cycle.

--
-- There just a thing I liked however in this movie,
-- there was no cheesy kungfu battle scenes. The
-- fighting - gunning were great compared of the
-- boredom ones of reloaded.
-
-
- Funny, it was the Kung Fu battle scenes that were my
- favourite. But this was always a integral element
- of the Matrix movies. Could it be you are just not
- a Matrix fan?
-
I WAS a Matrix fan, until reloaded and Revo ruined it for me. The basic elements established in the first movie was deflected in the sequels and this is so wrong! Like Neo can't no longer just penetrate in programs bodies and make them explode instead he just want to show how cool hes he with his "kung fu". The part with Seraph was dull "don't know someone until you fight them" bah, where were you in the first, then??! That's what I mean by cheesy kung fu, useless, boring and add no much of storyline. But unlike Deemon I liked the Burly Brawl /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif unperfect yes because of the limitation of this special effects was hard to do and the sequencialiations of it in the final.

- Personally I think this movie was just far too deep
- for most people and the reason a lot of people
- didn't like it is because a) it didn't have a happy
- Hollywood ending that answered all of your questions
- and b) they just plain didn't understand it.
-
- Personally, I loved it.

Too deep? It was too shallow IMO. Sometimes when was sitting in front of the cinema I was like WTP, they wrote THAT? Sounds like an excuse to me to let the movie flow!

Anyway, glad you liked it, but like Neo said: I Wont /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif


<center><td><a href=http://jonz.no-ip.com><font color="yellow">-> JonZ Artworks *updated 07-20-03* <-</font> (http://jonz.no-ip.com>http://jonz.no-ip.com/forums/uploads/post-1-1066972064.gif</a>
<table)</table></center>

yeehaaaaaaa, yeeeeeeehaaaaaahaaaaaaaaa, yeeeeeeeBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! - Dr. Strangelove
My english grammar is unéducated and french biased

Message Edited on 11/14/0302:12AM by JonZ

XyZspineZyX
11-15-2003, 04:55 AM
Reloaded wasn't SO bad. But there definitely were some useless scenes. Such as the rave in Zion. Sure, humans=glory, but not go on for 20 minutes about it. I won't even get started on the lovemakin' scene during it... plugs and holes an whatnot... Then there was the dialogue. Think how many migranes were caused because of the terrible talking between the Architect and Neo...


<table style="filter:glow[color=red, strength=6)">_________________________________________
Lung-Tung and Company
Caretaker (NOT mod) of the SC Demo Forum</table></color>

http://www3.telus.net\robert\yanyan2.jpg

XyZspineZyX
11-16-2003, 04:27 AM
JonZ wrote:
-
- Hah. so I guess by this answer you are unable to
- explain that, like the million disapointed Matrix
- fans.

Wow you know what a million other people think? What strange powers are these?

No I cannot explain it but I also cannot explain bees fly either.
-
---
--- Why oh why neo have powers in the real world.
--
-- Because he's the One
-
- He's the One, but in The Matrix, I rarely see people
- in the real world take down machineries by hand
- gestures

Its a movie man. Find me one action or science fiction movie where you didn't have to explain your sense of disbelief.

---
--- Whatzup with the machines? If they peaced out with
--- humans what about the humans harvestings and the
--- dark clouds?
---
--
-- Good question. Just think Unanswered Questions +
-- $207million in the first weekend = The Matrix 4
-
- Aren't you tired of sequels? Don't you ever learned
- that more sequels = more crap movies? Does Star
- Wars and T3 sound somethings to you?

Yeah but all the Star Wars movies were crap. I like the Matrix movies because they are so much deeper.
--
--
--- Too much non-senses (why the machines just don't
--- drop a nuke in Zion). If I refer of what I saw, it
--- an open ending telling the audience the war is
--- over... for now, DUH!
--
-- This was explained in the second one. You weren't
-- paying attention to that discussion with the
-- Architect, were you?
-
- Believe me I listened that part alot, but Neo
- choosed the wrong door, so basically what the
- architect has told was not about to happen cuz Neo
- was breaking the cycle.

Yes but the important point to take away is that the machines need Zion. Thats why they don't just destroy it. Neo did break the cycle so I guess we'll have to wait to see what happens next.


- I WAS a Matrix fan, until reloaded and Revo ruined
- it for me. The basic elements established in the
- first movie was deflected in the sequels and this is
- so wrong! Like Neo can't no longer just penetrate
- in programs bodies and make them explode instead he
- just want to show how cool hes he with his "kung
- fu". The part with Seraph was dull "don't know
- someone until you fight them" bah, where were you in
- the first, then??! That's what I mean by cheesy kung
- fu, useless, boring and add no much of storyline.

Thats fair enough. But I really appreciate martial arts (I am a martial artist myself) so I enjoyed watching the skill and I appreciated the parallel they drew to the old martial arts films. But thats part of what the Matrix is about - the old martial arts movies and animae. If you are not into that stuff you probably won't truly appreciate the Matrix movies.

- Too deep? It was too shallow IMO. Sometimes when
- was sitting in front of the cinema I was like WTP,
- they wrote THAT? Sounds like an excuse to me to let
- the movie flow!

There was an awful lot to it. But if you didn't like it then you probably won't analyze it to get all the meanings. But thats fine - it just wasn't your thing.

http://www.nrm.org/illustration/obrien/tyson.jpg

<center><marquee><font color="red"><font size="2"
<style="Verdana">"Why, we have gotten into a mess, a quagmire from which each fresh step renders the difficulty of extrication immensely greater. I'm sure I wish I could see what we were getting out of it, and all it means to us as a nation." - Mark Twain, during the US occupation of the Phillippines <font color="red"><font size="2" style="Verdana"><center><marquee>

XyZspineZyX
11-16-2003, 04:29 AM
Demon_Mustang wrote:
- Well, I interpret his statement about cheesy kung
- fu, not that kung fu is cheesy, but the ones in the
- Matrix were.
-
- Anyway, maybe he just doesn't like Kung Fu, I do,
- some of the ones in the first one was alright. The
- first fight when Neo and the agents in the second
- one was really bad, the fight scene with Neo and
- Smith in the first one was good, the fight scene
- with Neo and all the Smiths in the second one was a
- bit ridiculous and made Smith seem weak,

Don't forget that Smith was weak compared to Neo in the first one too. Once Neo realized who he was Smith was no match for him (don't you remember?). Smith was only a match for Neo once he corrupted The Oracle.

Speaking about Smith - Hugo Weaving was outstanding in this movie.

http://www.nrm.org/illustration/obrien/tyson.jpg

<center><marquee><font color="red"><font size="2"
<style="Verdana">"Why, we have gotten into a mess, a quagmire from which each fresh step renders the difficulty of extrication immensely greater. I'm sure I wish I could see what we were getting out of it, and all it means to us as a nation." - Mark Twain, during the US occupation of the Phillippines <font color="red"><font size="2" style="Verdana"><center><marquee>

XyZspineZyX
11-16-2003, 06:25 AM
"Don't forget that Smith was weak compared to Neo in the first one too. Once Neo realized who he was Smith was no match for him (don't you remember?). Smith was only a match for Neo once he corrupted The Oracle."

Yes MNG, I do remember me saying something about the whole "The One" explanation for why Smith was weak to Neo, but then in the third one, he's no longer weak to him, in fact, he was then able to fly and all that, I guess with enough time, and enough of himself, he could learn how to do anything, hehe, anyway, the real reason why that bothers me is because I know in real life Hugo knows how to fight, and in real life, Keanu knows crap, so I would have liked to see the good fighter win a fight scene. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif Thus why I enjoyed the scene in the subway in the first one where Neo got his butt royally kicked. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

<hr>
--"General Hammond, request permission to beat the crap out of this man." -Col. Jack O'Neill -Stargate SG-1
--Capt. Carter: "You think it might be a booby trap?"
‚ ‚ Teal'c: "Booby?"
--"I'm a bomb technician, if you see me running, try to catch up" -in Russian on a bomb tech's shirt from "The Sum of All Fears"
--"All my life, I've been waiting for someone and when I find her, she's a fish!" -Tom Hanks "Splash"
--"War is not about who's right, it's about who's left." -Anders Russell

XyZspineZyX
11-23-2003, 02:43 PM
Demon_Mustang wrote:
- "Don't forget that Smith was weak compared to Neo in
- the first one too. Once Neo realized who he was
- Smith was no match for him (don't you remember?).
- Smith was only a match for Neo once he corrupted The
- Oracle."
-
- Yes MNG, I do remember me saying something about the
- whole "The One" explanation for why Smith was weak
- to Neo, but then in the third one, he's no longer
- weak to him, in fact, he was then able to fly and
- all that, I guess with enough time, and enough of
- himself, he could learn how to do anything, hehe,
- anyway, the real reason why that bothers me is
- because I know in real life Hugo knows how to fight,
- and in real life, Keanu knows crap, so I would have
- liked to see the good fighter win a fight scene.
- /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif Thus why I enjoyed the
- scene in the subway in the first one where Neo got
- his butt royally kicked./i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

actually keanu knows how to fight more than hugo in real life ur forgetting that keanu is half native indian /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif and as we all know fighting is what they teach them right away /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif




<font color=#DD0000>[I]
<center> http://mp3vd.proboards23.com/
http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/mp3vd/matrixsig.jpeg
</font> <font color=#DD0000>[I] <center><marquee> Positions: Consigliere for THE FAMILY, Jedi Hitman For Jedi Mafia, Major of Ground Infantry in Smokky's Marine Corps, Neo Of The Forums & Member of SC9's Elite Force. Forum Ranks: Forum Monkey, Virtual Leader, Keeper of the Sacred Carrots, Lord of the Forum, Third Echelon Operative, Over 7000 Postings, Admin, Veteran, 25 posts New Ubi Forums, Zethin's Forums 19 Posts & Bully.
Gangsta Coalition Members: Street Hoodlums: Cpt.-TRAmbrose Makaveli Gang: Cpt.-Dcell, Lt.-Dmaskiew89, ********er-Silentcell_03 East Coast Riders: Cpt.-Halo_99 West Coast Riders: Cpt.-Nebucadnezar Special Ops: Expert Assassin- Zethin, The Smuggler- G-4ce, Corrupt DEA Agent- Alien_Slayer, Corrupt FBI Agent- Aj6627 all packing dual ingrams, desert eagles, ak47s and strikers </marquee>
Don Of Gangsta Coalition
PM To Join </center></font>

Message Edited on 11/23/0308:44AM by mp3vd

XyZspineZyX
11-23-2003, 05:59 PM
mp3vd wrote:
- actually keanu knows how to fight more than hugo in
- real life ur forgetting that keanu is half native
- indian

First off, the term is Indian, Native American, or Amerindian. I imagine a Native Indian is from India.

- and as we all know fighting is what they teach them
- right away

That was totally uncalled for. Not to mention I have no idea where the .... it came from. That's twice in two days I've seen racial slurs or stereotypes on this board that weren't even directed attacks against individuals. What a friggin' sad world we live in.

<TABLE ALIGN=LEFT BORDER=0 CELLPADDING=5 CELLSPACING=5 RULES=NONE COLS=2 WIDTH=80%>
<TR><TD>http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jakal30/nightsig.gif </TD>
<TD><font color=white size=-2>"...the Goddess could not spend all Her time persuading the
Kings and Queens of the world of the idiocy of war. Therefore
She invented tacticians..." - Diane Duane</font></TD></TR>
</TABLE>

XyZspineZyX
11-24-2003, 12:51 AM
I actually saw this move.I bought my own ticket (not quite 16) and brought in my Starbucks venti Eggnog mocha (ambrosa good here), so ha, take that theater, i foiled you. The movie was not that great. they overproduced it im my mind. Why did Zion have the mechs? Why not A LOT of turrets, easy to reload, and the person isnt exposed. And why not have some back up "oh shi-" EMP devices?

<marquee loop="infinite" width=500> <table style="filter:glow[color=green,
strength=5)"><td><a
<font color="orange"> <font size 30> /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif -|--< </font size 30>
the stick fugure <font></a></table>
</marquee></font>

XyZspineZyX
11-24-2003, 04:35 AM
There were a TON of things they could have done in zion that would have been tactically more logical than what was done. First of all, let's talk about the Sentinels' strategy, the doorways are what, a couple feet thick? Why bother drilling through the floor when they could have simply went the way the ships do and slowly work through the doors?

Anyway, they could have lined the dome with EMP devices, they could have, like you said, replaced all the mechs with turrets, they could have invaded the machine's center by building crafts that could fly above the atmosphere like Trinity did with Neo in the end. The sentinels could have simply dropped a few nuclear bombs into Zion instead of wasting their time with sending tons and tons of sentinels...

The list can go on and on and on, it's a movie that wasn't very well thought out, the first one made money, so they decided to make money with sequels, end of story.

<hr>
--"General Hammond, request permission to beat the crap out of this man." -Col. Jack O'Neill -Stargate SG-1
--Capt. Carter: "You think it might be a booby trap?"
‚ ‚ Teal'c: "Booby?"
--"I'm a bomb technician, if you see me running, try to catch up" -in Russian on a bomb tech's shirt from "The Sum of All Fears"
--"All my life, I've been waiting for someone and when I find her, she's a fish!" -Tom Hanks "Splash"
--"War is not about who's right, it's about who's left." -Anders Russell

XyZspineZyX
11-24-2003, 05:20 AM
something bothered me since Reloaded. Since WHEN the machines know where Zion is located in first place? I thought in the original Matrix the machines didn't have a clue and that's why they holded Morpheus to ask the position and the access codes...

<center><td><a href=http://jonz.no-ip.com><font color="yellow">-> JonZ Artworks *updated 07-20-03* <-</font> (http://jonz.no-ip.com>http://jonz.no-ip.com/forums/uploads/post-1-1066972064.gif</a>
<table)</table></center>

yeehaaaaaaa, yeeeeeeehaaaaaahaaaaaaaaa, yeeeeeeeBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! - Dr. Strangelove
My english grammar is unéducated and french biased

XyZspineZyX
11-24-2003, 06:10 AM
They said that they didnt attack through the normal route because they had too heavy defences. So they drilled, and only had to fight 4 turrets, a brigade of badly made mechs, and some 2 person groups with 6 missiles total. It does sound like a good plan. But here is a realy question, why not just use a nerve gas? I mean good god, it would have worked.

<marquee loop="infinite" width=500> <table style="filter:glow[color=green,
strength=5)"><td><a
<font color="orange"> <font size 30> /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif -|--< </font size 30>
the stick fugure <font></a></table>
</marquee></font>

XyZspineZyX
11-24-2003, 06:15 AM
The explanation of the routes having too good defenses is kind of, well, it also doesn't make sense. Why have good defences in a small area like that while not having the same or more once inside the dock? I doubt the defenses outside those doors are much better than what they could have fit inside the dock.

<hr>
--"General Hammond, request permission to beat the crap out of this man." -Col. Jack O'Neill -Stargate SG-1
--Capt. Carter: "You think it might be a booby trap?"
‚ ‚ Teal'c: "Booby?"
--"I'm a bomb technician, if you see me running, try to catch up" -in Russian on a bomb tech's shirt from "The Sum of All Fears"
--"All my life, I've been waiting for someone and when I find her, she's a fish!" -Tom Hanks "Splash"
--"War is not about who's right, it's about who's left." -Anders Russell

XyZspineZyX
12-01-2003, 01:25 AM
Another thing, why didn't the humans have an EMP built into the dock's defense network? Why did they have Niobe in her ship race to reach to the dock to save it at the last second?