PDA

View Full Version : Can't enter any MP games even with latest patch and no mods

XyZspineZyX
10-26-2003, 02:19 AM
Everytime I try to get into an MP game it says something like:

"Your game version doesn't match up to the servers. Game may not run properly. Do you wish to continue?"

I don't have any mods as of right now (I'm still very new to GR) but, I DO make sure that the server isn't running any mods eaither. Like the subject says I have the 1.4 patch like the servers do, still I can't get in.

Any ideas?

XyZspineZyX
10-26-2003, 02:19 AM
Everytime I try to get into an MP game it says something like:

"Your game version doesn't match up to the servers. Game may not run properly. Do you wish to continue?"

I don't have any mods as of right now (I'm still very new to GR) but, I DO make sure that the server isn't running any mods eaither. Like the subject says I have the 1.4 patch like the servers do, still I can't get in.

Any ideas?

XyZspineZyX
10-26-2003, 12:36 PM
Sirlis55
Do you have either of the expansion packs DS or IT? DS and IT are considered mods and will be listed as mp1 and mp2.
---------------------------------------------------------
If you bought the Gold Edition, it sometimes has issues as being undetected at UBI after installtion of the second disc.
The fix:
UNDECTED VERSION: by MD300
Ok, I can help you with this as I have been through this !!!
No one on this board or ubi .com support was able to figure it out, a friend of mind figured it out.
Do this in this order and it works:
GR forum about Gold Edition not being compatible:
- Uninstall ghost recon and all folders/files associated with the game. -Restart computer.
- Re-install Ghost recon.
- Install 1.3 patch. http://www.ghostrecon.com/patch.php ( <A HREF=)" target=_blank>http://www.ghostrecon.com/patch.php</a>
- install 1.4 patch. http://www.ghostrecon.com/patch.php
-Then install Desert seige and Island thunder.
This worked for me. Good luck. and after that was able to find the version and bingo no more problems.

If this applies, follows are instructions on how to do a proper uninstall:

GR Uninstall
<font size=-3><font color=grey>courtsey of snipe21 aka The South Australian Toot</font size></font color>
First of go to your add/remove program and uninstall GR/UBI and then follow below and delete the GR/UBI folders

1-start/all programs/accessories/windows explorer/my computer/local disk(c)/program files/red storm entertainment

2-start/all programs/accessories/windows explorer/my computer/local disk(c)/program files/UBI.com

To start from scratch uninstall all of GR and UBI and at your own risk do this but first back it up.

(1) start/run and type this: regedit and press ok

Up the top click file/export and on the pop up window down the bottom where it says (save as type) click the drop down arrow and click on ALL FILES. Then select your location and save.

repeat step (1)

1- hkey_current_user/software look for any red storm entertainment folders and delete along with any UBI soft folders

now do this:

2- hkey_local_machine/software look for red storm entertainment folders and delete along with any UBI soft and UBI soft entertainment folders and delete

now do this:

3- hkey_LocalMachine/ software/ Microsoft/ windows/ current version/ uninstall directory there should be a folder here named "{D89EF3B3-6F17-4665-B7A9-A4235A6DC787}" with some Ghost Recon info in it so delete only the ghost recon related info.

Now reinstall using the section by MD300
----------------------------------------

If neither of the above applies, try this:
GR AUTO DETECT
Start/ all programs/UBI.com/ play online/ click login/

Under available games on the Ghost Recon click "Play Now" Under the heading "Multiplayer Lobbies" / "Retail" click GR Island Thunder.

On the top right click "Options/ Lobby Settings/ Ghost Recon tab

Click Detect/ Auto-Detect recommended/ place a tick in the drive where GR is installed on your computer/ click start/ ok