PDA

View Full Version : Decieve/mislead button

ajem_
06-22-2015, 07:32 AM
Greetings, fellow warriors!

First of all, I loved the presentation mr Vandenberghe did on E3. To be honest, the best presentation overall - maybe because it was out of the blue! Still, it was amazing and from the moment I've seen this I knew this is the game that will be most fun to play with friends.

Getting to the point:

When I saw the live presentation (and I hope that linking your YouTube content will be appropriate here), I noticed something really nice (or was it my imagination?) Check the 6:30 mark here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvcZzUpF8ZM

The Samurai on the right of the screen obviously does a little stepback/stepover routine. Since little is known about For Honor, it's hard for me to say wether it's there on purpose or it is created only by movement, but I really think that something like that - if it is not already - should be put into the game. It would really be a great addition to the game, with the blocking/dodging and parrying moves. How I'd see that work?
Easy:

http://static9.cdn.ubi.com/resource/en-GB/game/forhonor/game/aob_controller_image_article_208796.jpg

As you can see from the official button scheme, the circle (PS controller) or B (for Xbox) is left without use. I'd really like to see combination like B+left analog to do a little stepover/stepback move, to throw the opponent off. I can see that working and I think that it would add a little more to the overall well-thought gameplay.

Keep up the good work, I'm waiting anxiously to see what will come of it ;)

Sincerely,
Aj.

TrikRisk
06-22-2015, 11:45 AM
I think dodge is that mistep/misguide the enemy you want. I would for a interactive button on O to interact with the world (open gates, move ladders etc)

MajorCynik
06-22-2015, 06:10 PM
I guess you mean like a 'feint' move, giving the impression of an incoming strike ?

ajem_
06-22-2015, 10:18 PM
Yeah, exactly like that. Since english isn't my native language, I had hard time finding the right word for that ;) But I guess you did understand what I mean, so it's all good ;)

MajorCynik
06-22-2015, 11:31 PM
No problems understanding friend :) your english seems plenty good enough :cool: