PDA

View Full Version : Farcry DVD Broken????

harbu
07-18-2004, 03:06 PM
OK heres the story: I bought farcry 2 weeks ago when being at a cottage. The dvd worked on on my friends computer at the cottage but when i came back home to my own pc the setup wouldnt even come to the screen. When i put the dvd inside it first loads it, then i here a click sound a then it loads it over and over again. IS IT BROKEN??? javascript:void(0) Is there a downloadble version so if i have my cd-key i can download it?

harbu
07-18-2004, 03:06 PM
OK heres the story: I bought farcry 2 weeks ago when being at a cottage. The dvd worked on on my friends computer at the cottage but when i came back home to my own pc the setup wouldnt even come to the screen. When i put the dvd inside it first loads it, then i here a click sound a then it loads it over and over again. IS IT BROKEN??? javascript:void(0) Is there a downloadble version so if i have my cd-key i can download it?

jak9114
07-18-2004, 03:14 PM
No, but I think your DVD drive might be. Your drive isn't reading the disc. If it worked on your friends, its not the disc.

harbu
07-18-2004, 03:17 PM
Well it did play a dvd video after i tried to run farcry

harbu
07-18-2004, 03:22 PM
Ohhh i just saw a message that my dvd drive is incompatible with farcry sorry..

calmination
07-19-2004, 02:21 AM
I think you should download the dvd image from the internet. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

|. . . . . . . . . . . . . .|
|Asus P4s800 |
|P4 3.0 Prescott & Zalman |
|cnps7000 cooler |
|Ati radeon 9800 pro&Zalman |
|ZM80c cooler with fan |
|Sb Audigy Platinum |
|2x samsung SP120G hd's |
____________________________|

"all machines&equipment operate with smoke, when the smoke comes out, they won't work"

The_Real_Swift
07-19-2004, 03:47 AM
Where does it say which DVD players are compatible with FarCry? It only works on my computer with the CD R/RW/DVD R/RW drive, which I'd rather not use. It's not very professional to supply it on DVD when its clear many DVD drives aren't compatible, which was never a problem with CD drives.