PDA

View Full Version : Do AI have speedbrakes?

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 02:33 AM
While flying co-ops, numerous people have noted that the AI have an uncanny, and unduplicable, way of going from accelerated flight to a significantly reduced speed. For instance, following an AI from a dive into a zoom climb, they are able to "put on the brakes" in a very non-linear way...not consistent with simple "bled-off" energy. I have noticed this particularly with Hurricanes and P-47s. There may be others, but I haven't checked. Any observations?

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 02:33 AM
While flying co-ops, numerous people have noted that the AI have an uncanny, and unduplicable, way of going from accelerated flight to a significantly reduced speed. For instance, following an AI from a dive into a zoom climb, they are able to "put on the brakes" in a very non-linear way...not consistent with simple "bled-off" energy. I have noticed this particularly with Hurricanes and P-47s. There may be others, but I haven't checked. Any observations?

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 02:42 AM
The AI simply don't follow the same laws of physics as the player aircraft.

While I haven't noticed what you're describing specifically, they can certainly manage to park themselves nicely on your tail and stay within about 2 metres of your tail, regardless of their energy state beforehand.

Their dive performance is also pretty fishy in terms of their ability to stay with you in planes that definitely couldn't have done so in real life.

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 07:59 AM
Not if they're your wingman, in which case they're sure to crash into you sooner or later /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 11:37 AM
AchimT wrote:
- Not if they're your wingman, in which case they're
- sure to crash into you sooner or later
-

You got that right! I don't recall it happening in IL-2, but something sure changed in FB. It'd be one thing if it were a fangs-out-hair-on-fire furball, but it has happened to me in stable, cruise flight. I hope the development team will review it, but it seems fairly random and I haven't noticed any surefire way to precipitate it.

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 01:14 PM
it is better to have natural stupidity than artificial intelligence http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 02:17 PM
VVS-Manuc wrote:
- it is better to have natural stupidity than
- artificial intelligence http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif
-

ROFL...then I guess a career in politics is out of the question, eh?

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 07:32 PM
Nope/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Hot Space

An Antelope is not just for Christmas - It's for putting in Sandwich's as well!!!