PDA

View Full Version : Large-er Scale Battles

Noonoox123
06-18-2015, 06:57 AM
So, we know for sure there's going to be the 4v4 Dominion mode, which is something akin to 'Capture the Flag', but what I would love is a 16v16+ mode of all-out war. The map shown in the snippets we've gotten shows off an intricate and interweaving map of wide open areas and closed tower corridors, but I would love to see an even larger area, even if it was more open, of complete war. The 4v4 castle breach map all takes place outside the outermost walls, imagine what the inside of it'd be like? A battle spanning in the greathall and along the walls down into the dungeons. Obviously, since the game is relatively far off, I doubt this (if ever) will be implemented, but boy oh boy would I pounce on that bandwagon.

Serdones
06-18-2015, 07:10 AM
I can see the appeal and I do love melee battles of that scale in something like Chivalry. However, my interest in For Honor is more for the smaller-scale, competitive conflicts. Still, I'd love to see this, if only for the chaos and fun. Just rather they prioritize balancing and refining those smaller match types first.

Makeshyft_Man
06-18-2015, 09:54 AM
I'm curious if they went 4v4 because they want pair teamwork. Otherwise, I'd say I could see 5v5 being the largest this could handle.

Erfa100
06-18-2015, 10:12 AM
The gameplay trailer seemed to stress on teamwork, yet For Honor gives off more of a 'fight to the death' vibe than strategy.
If its like MOBAs then playing with your friends is much more fun when there are smaller teams, but playing alone online, the game is too action packed to have you typing on the side and not everyone likes to use a mic, I think the game would offer a greater experience if it offered large scale batles as well (perhaps a game mode where there are no bots and only players on either side.

Sixty-nl
06-18-2015, 10:20 AM
if i look at PS4 you get an mic with the console, so you have no excuse not to use it. Most pc gamers have mics as well, not sure for xbox. But games like this you need the communication, it adds more fun and dept to the game in my opinion. But yeah i am hoping for larger maps with more people. yeah its going to become chaos, but war is chaos after all. it would only add to the reality.