PDA

View Full Version : Am I part of the exclusive beta?

Linkshadow2
06-18-2015, 04:04 AM
I am wondering this because I got an email that said,"Welcome behind the scenes!". How will we know?

JLocher1
06-18-2015, 09:06 PM
I think the backstage program ensures early access to the game. So if you got the mail, you're in. You'll get more info later.

SpaceElephant
06-18-2015, 10:16 PM
Hi Linkshadow2 ! Actually, by signing up, you are not automatically registered for the Beta, but you have a chance to enter any future live phase. Which means that when we'll launch live phases (Closed/Opened Alpha/Beta, etc) we will take players from that pool and, of course, you will be clearly notified. For now we don't have much details to communicate about it, but you are at the right place to stay informed.

cheers!
SpaceE

El Zo1212o
06-20-2015, 10:09 AM
How do I get that email? This was my personal e3 Game of the Show and I would love to give my impressions and feedback on the game.

Go vikings!

McEspada
06-20-2015, 11:09 AM
Q.Q registerd but dint get that mail Q.Q

Giorgos78GR
06-20-2015, 11:52 AM
I want beta also!!!!

Mr_Shade
06-20-2015, 02:20 PM
Hi guys,

If you registered - please check your spam folders for the email - if you go back to the site - try to register again - and it says you are already registered - you should have the email.

Remember if you use a email provider like Gmail - you also have a spam folder on the webmail - so check there!

Fatal-Feit
06-20-2015, 02:55 PM
Hi guys,

If you registered - please check your spam folders for the email - if you go back to the site - try to register again - and it says you are already registered - you should have the email.

Remember if you use a email provider like Gmail - you also have a spam folder on the webmail - so check there!

So, if I got this message, does that mean I was accepted into the beta and just need to wait?

http://i.imgur.com/k461gxK.jpg

Mr_Shade
06-20-2015, 03:03 PM
So, if I got this message, does that mean I was accepted into the beta and just need to wait?

This has already been answered ;)

Hi Linkshadow2 ! Actually, by signing up, you are not automatically registered for the Beta, but you have a chance to enter any future live phase. Which means that when we'll launch live phases (Closed/Opened Alpha/Beta, etc) we will take players from that pool and, of course, you will be clearly notified. For now we don't have much details to communicate about it, but you are at the right place to stay informed.

cheers!
SpaceE

Fatal-Feit
06-20-2015, 03:13 PM
Ohhhhhhh. Thank you.

Mr_Shade
06-20-2015, 03:57 PM
You're welcome ;)

FoXX-San
06-20-2015, 05:23 PM

http://i.imgur.com/k461gxK.jpg

Sadly, I didn't receive that when I registered....

Mr_Shade
06-20-2015, 05:36 PM
Hi,

If you are sure all of your details are correct - please check your spam folders - if you use a free email provider - like Gmail - remember you also have a web based version of the email software [if you use a client to collect it - it's already filtered for spam on the site first!]

If you try to sign up again, you will get an error if you where successful the first time, so tat can help to make sure it was completed.

FoXX-San
06-20-2015, 05:53 PM
Thank you for the response.
I use Hotmail and I checked the junk folder with no success.

Trying to re-register informs me I am already registered.

I can only hope I will be chosen from the pool.

LaBonJwaQc
06-20-2015, 11:53 PM

Same for me ! damn I want that game so much ! -,-

BaZZy_275
06-21-2015, 02:16 AM
I got the email! :) when the beta starts would I get an email about how to register? Also will the beta be for PS4? Because I don't have a PC :/

Fatal-Feit
06-21-2015, 03:57 AM
^ RIGHT! Will the beta be on both consoles and PC? R6S had a PC beta so I'm going to be optimistic.

J NOSK36
06-21-2015, 04:26 AM
what if I registered for the community but didnt receive an email at all?

El Zo1212o
06-21-2015, 06:45 AM

This is the same situation I'm in. No email either in the inbox or the junk folder, and the service telling me I'm registered when I try to redo it.

Kimarous
06-21-2015, 09:23 AM
I'm in the "says I'm registered, but no email" boat as well. Checked my inbox, my spam box, and my trash box that hasn't been cleared in a donkey's age; absent from all.

Baine1
06-21-2015, 01:59 PM
Same thing for me. Also got an MSN email account.

Is it a problem with hotmail/msn mail accounts?

Im registered but havent recieved a mail yet.

Templar_Rapier
06-21-2015, 04:02 PM
I'm in the "says I'm registered, but no email" boat as well. Checked my inbox, my spam box, and my trash box that hasn't been cleared in a donkey's age; absent from all.

Same here

Mr_Shade
06-21-2015, 04:15 PM
Hi guys,

I can see a few people worried - some with new accounts, so I'll go over some basic things to check:

Check your Uplay account has the correct email address details - check the spelling etc - you can do this via the Uplay.com site - or - the For Honor site by clicking your profile in the top right after signing in.

Check you are allowing Uplay to contact you - if you have selected NOT to receive emails about offers - this maybe why you don't have it

https://account-uplay.ubi.com/en-GB/contact-prefs

'Please update me with exclusive content and offers about Ubisoft titles' should be YES

As long as you are registered, allowed updates - AND - you are 100% sure that your email address on your UPLAY account is correct, then you should be OK.

There is currently no running Beta, so there is no need to worry too much just yet, since invites have not gone out - only a welcome to the site message. ;)

Baine1
06-21-2015, 04:23 PM
Okay, so I had that update me with exclusive content box unchecked, that might have been it.

But changing that to yes doesnt make it send me an email. So still no Email, am I still fine if it says you are already registered? (Email adress is correct, recieved things from uplay already).

Mr_Shade
06-21-2015, 04:25 PM
Okay, so I had that update me with exclusive content box unchecked, that might have been it.

But changing that to yes doesnt make it send me an email. So still no Email, am I still fine if it says you are already registered? (Email adress is correct, recieved things from uplay already).

It will only take affect for future emails - it won't resend ones you have missed.

As long as you are registered - you WILL get future emails - as long as your email details are correct.

El Zo1212o
06-21-2015, 10:17 PM
It will only take affect for future emails - it won't resend ones you have missed.

As long as you are registered - you WILL get future emails - as long as your email details are correct.
Okay. Seems like that was likely the problem. I'm good to go. I'll be spending every moment from now until I get that invitation sharpening my blades.

J NOSK36
06-22-2015, 12:10 AM
I tried to change my email but Uplay wont let me

amishrocker396
06-25-2015, 03:59 PM
Hi guys,

I previously had my spam filter set to delete messages marked as spam. Is there any way to have the email re-sent? Also, I did not see a support page anywhere to submit a ticket or anything. Is the forum currently the best place to submit issues like this?

Mr_Shade
06-25-2015, 04:12 PM
I tried to change my email but Uplay wont let me

You can contact the team here: www.support.ubi.com

They will be able to alter any details on your account for you :)

I previously had my spam filter set to delete messages marked as spam. Is there any way to have the email re-sent? Also, I did not see a support page anywhere to submit a ticket or anything. Is the forum currently the best place to submit issues like this?

Hi,

Unfortunately we are unable to resend the email at present: however the only real content, the welcome message from San & Emile, is available here:

http://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-GB/news/154-208225-16/welcome-to-the-backstage-program?ncid=2057-4315-14955--2-eml-31-31-FH_BP_Welcome--1-1-8-0615

Please ensure you add the email address news@news.ubisoft.com to your safe sender list

Support wouldn't be able to help in this situation.

Please make sure you do this, since some content maybe exclusive to the Backstage Program and we won't be able to share here!

Arkmuth
06-27-2015, 11:23 AM
Sorry Mr_Shade, but that contacts preference thing, do we have to check both as 'yes' or only the first one?

(yes, another one who never got the email and in no way wants to miss the beta one)

(note: I hope that won't mean lots of spam coming my way, if we had it off it was for a reason... :nonchalance: )

SerWarhammer
06-27-2015, 03:07 PM
i'm ready! if i can't play the beta....... i cry http://www.giostradelsaracinoarezzo.it/images/37/thumb_settembre2013_ang_8917.jpg

Mr_Shade
06-27-2015, 03:22 PM
Sorry Mr_Shade, but that contacts preference thing, do we have to check both as 'yes' or only the first one?

(yes, another one who never got the email and in no way wants to miss the beta one)

(note: I hope that won't mean lots of spam coming my way, if we had it off it was for a reason... :nonchalance: )

Just the option I suggested.

If you don't want to do this, then you may miss out on future updates, since your not allowing us to contact you.

Arkmuth
06-27-2015, 05:26 PM
Just the option I suggested.

If you don't want to do this, then you may miss out on future updates, since your not allowing us to contact you.

Oh nonono, I already marked the first option :o I DO want you to contact me about this game... but not about other 'stuff'.... you know.. ;)

Herroyui87
06-29-2015, 07:01 PM
I know this might be redundant but how do I become part of the testing selection, I MUST BE PART of the test whether it's alpha, beta, cierra, delta IDC I just want to ensure I help it become the very best without a doubt

Mr_Shade
06-30-2015, 10:16 AM
I know this might be redundant but how do I become part of the testing selection, I MUST BE PART of the test whether it's alpha, beta, cierra, delta IDC I just want to ensure I help it become the very best without a doubt

And you maybe selected for future testing.

Soularous
06-30-2015, 09:19 PM
I had the "Please update me with exclusive content and offers about Ubisoft titles" box checked, but not the other one, and I didn't receive the e-mail. This is really starting to worry me.

Dead1y-Derri
07-01-2015, 02:56 PM
I had the "Please update me with exclusive content and offers about Ubisoft titles" box checked, but not the other one, and I didn't receive the e-mail. This is really starting to worry me.

Hi,

Make sure to check your spam folder and any other folders where emails might automatically get sent to. Also adding in this: news@news.ubisoft.com to your whitelist would be a good idea. If you've signed up, then you're entered into the pool automatically like Mr_Shade has said.

There wasn't any really important content in the email. Make sure to add the above address to your whitlist or safe list or approved emails list and you should be fine.

Ansieh
07-02-2015, 07:29 AM
I created ubi account in mid June but didn't realize I need to register for honor until today... I didn't get any email as well. I use Gmail and I checked spam folder and all others there is no sign of the welcome email... am I too late to register? No more chance for backstage program and beta?

Mr_Shade
07-02-2015, 10:15 AM
I created ubi account in mid June but didn't realize I need to register for honor until today... I didn't get any email as well. I use Gmail and I checked spam folder and all others there is no sign of the welcome email... am I too late to register? No more chance for backstage program and beta?

Hi, Welcome to the forums!

Please check your Uplay account has the correct email address details - check the spelling etc - you can do this via the Uplay.com site - or - the For Honor site by clicking your profile in the top right after signing in.

Check you are allowing Uplay to contact you - if you have selected NOT to receive emails about offers - this maybe why you don't have it

'Please update me with exclusive content and offers about Ubisoft titles' should be YES

As long as you are registered, allowed updates - AND - you are 100% sure that your email address on your UPLAY account is correct, then you should be OK.

No one has been granted access to any game tests yet - so you are not too late, however please check the above!!

Ansieh
07-02-2015, 05:48 PM
Hi, Welcome to the forums!

Please check your Uplay account has the correct email address details - check the spelling etc - you can do this via the Uplay.com site - or - the For Honor site by clicking your profile in the top right after signing in.

No one has been granted access to any game tests yet - so you are not too late, however please check the above!!

Thank you for the help! I checked uplay account and my email is correct and allow update with exclusive content is yes. However I noticed something weird. immediately after posting on this thread i enabled subscription to this thread and selected instantly notified by email option. However i didnt get any email at all even after getting reply from you. Is there something i missed? thx.

HonorVikeing
07-06-2015, 08:39 PM
I registered but did not get this message

Mr_Shade
07-06-2015, 08:45 PM
Please check the settings as posted earlier - it's possible it could be due to your mail spam filter - or the option to receive mailings not begin selected on your Uplay account.

Havemercy87
07-08-2015, 10:47 AM
Thank you for the help! I checked uplay account and my email is correct and allow update with exclusive content is yes. However I noticed something weird. immediately after posting on this thread i enabled subscription to this thread and selected instantly notified by email option. However i didnt get any email at all even after getting reply from you. Is there something i missed? thx.

I registered but did not get this message

Comrades, I had the same issue and I realized I hadn't verified my email. You should have gotten an email to do so. You need to do this before you will receive any updates.
In response to receiving thread updates, they only come once a day to your email, not every time it's posted on. Hope this helps

Norsewarrior88
07-13-2015, 10:11 AM
News for all of you awaiting the beta just a little video to ease your swordwounds. Very soon we will get the beta, so No fear fellow Warriors!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urVibpMw1fo

MrJoker.
07-13-2015, 08:27 PM
News for all of you awaiting the beta just a little video to ease your swordwounds. Very soon we will get the beta, so No fear fellow Warriors!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urVibpMw1fo
Let us hope that this will happen as soon as possible. No matter which platform.

Ant Heuser Kush
07-23-2015, 09:53 AM
I know this is still a thing and there's no beta yet, but I still haven't received the welcome message. I checked and made sure everything is up to date (it has been because I receive emails regularly from Ubisoft / Uplay). I could have sworn I registered after E3, but I re-registered and it say I'm in, but no confirmation. I don't want to miss out from my name being picked from the pool. I know registration isn't a guaranteed spot in the beta, but not getting emails upsets me. Whatever the case, I'm looking forward to this game. The fighting mechanics have really peeked my interest. We are the chosen ones!

H3ret1c88
07-23-2015, 09:09 PM
I know this is still a thing and there's no beta yet, but I still haven't received the welcome message. I checked and made sure everything is up to date (it has been because I receive emails regularly from Ubisoft / Uplay). I could have sworn I registered after E3, but I re-registered and it say I'm in, but no confirmation. I don't want to miss out from my name being picked from the pool. I know registration isn't a guaranteed spot in the beta, but not getting emails upsets me. Whatever the case, I'm looking forward to this game. The fighting mechanics have really peeked my interest. We are the chosen ones!

Have you checked if you have blocked notification e-mails from ubisoft? I had the same issue and it turns out i had their e-mail for offers etc blocked so i didn't recieve a verification.
Perhaps you should check that.

Ant Heuser Kush
07-23-2015, 11:50 PM
Have you checked if you have blocked notification e-mails from ubisoft? I had the same issue and it turns out i had their e-mail for offers etc blocked so i didn't recieve a verification.
Perhaps you should check that.

Yeah, I've done that before I registered, not blocked at all. I got all the emails about Farcry 4, AC Unity, Tetris, R6: Siege, Air Mech Arena, etc... but nothing about For Honor. It's giving me a headache, because everything is up to date.

H3ret1c88
07-24-2015, 08:27 AM
Yeah, I've done that before I registered, not blocked at all. I got all the emails about Farcry 4, AC Unity, Tetris, R6: Siege, Air Mech Arena, etc... but nothing about For Honor. It's giving me a headache, because everything is up to date.

Hmm a lot of people say they have an issue with this and i'm starting to think that it may not just be a spam folder/blocked notifications thing. On the other hand, like Mr_Shade said, as long as the above are checked and it says you're registered, it should be fine and we'll recieve the e-mail if we are chosen for the beta (i hope :P)

Gundam524
07-24-2015, 02:01 PM
hope u guys can be a part of the exclusive beta

Ant Heuser Kush
07-24-2015, 10:15 PM
Hmm a lot of people say they have an issue with this and i'm starting to think that it may not just be a spam folder/blocked notifications thing. On the other hand, like Mr_Shade said, as long as the above are checked and it says you're registered, it should be fine and we'll recieve the e-mail if we are chosen for the beta (i hope :P)

Yeah, it's just a welcome message. :) And they haven't announced anything, so no need for me (or any of us) to get worked up.

MrJoker.
07-24-2015, 10:34 PM
hope u guys can be a part of the exclusive beta

You too!

DunadanFighter
07-25-2015, 10:43 PM
Hey fellow warriors!

It's fun to finally see a highly promising online medieval rpg is being made! Really looking forward to trying this game in pre-launch trials or after launch! :D

As I'm a really impatient person I didn't read through all 6 pages of this thread, so my question is: I registered, and I have confirmed that I really am registered, but I haven't gotten the email that everyone has been talking about. I checked spam on both locally on my computer and online and no email. Should I get worried that something went wrong, or is it "unimportant" to get it?

Thanks in advance for the help! :)

Hope to see you all in the game! ^^,

Go Knights!

Havemercy87
07-25-2015, 11:48 PM
Well met and welcome to the forums..

You confirmed your email in the first message from uplay? That was my problem I think. Also, you should double check your account settings just to be sure, page 3 of this thread, MrShade has a link for settings if it makes it easier getting there.

Mr_Shade
07-26-2015, 12:26 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1176656-Am-I-part-of-the-exclusive-beta?p=10870282&viewfull=1#post10870282 :)

Havemercy87
07-26-2015, 01:19 PM
You da man shade

Dead1y-Derri
07-26-2015, 02:36 PM
You da man shade

I dunno he seems a bit shady if you ask me :p :p :p

Sorry I couldn't resist but make a pun Mr Shade :D

Mr_Shade
07-26-2015, 02:54 PM
:p

Deadshot.
07-26-2015, 05:43 PM
That was dark, was it not?

DunadanFighter
07-30-2015, 02:08 AM
Yeah, it's just a welcome message. :) And they haven't announced anything, so no need for me (or any of us) to get worked up.

I didn't get the welcome message, but if that's all it is, then I won't worry :)

Thanks!

MrJoker.
07-31-2015, 09:49 PM
I think that the first access to the game will receive the most dedicated users who are in a process as the creator and the community help by being active in the forum. This was the case many games in which I had a chance to play. Of course I could be wrong .

Havemercy87
08-01-2015, 03:42 AM
I just hope if I do get picked for beta, I don't miss it due to email/registration error... I've done everything, although I didn't verify my email for about 4days after registering and I never got the backstage email. I figured I didn't get it due to being late verifying the email.

MrJoker.
08-01-2015, 11:10 AM
I received a return message immediately after joining to backstage program.

Havemercy87
08-01-2015, 12:30 PM
Yeah that's why I'm thinking I didn't get because I was a few days late..

Dead1y-Derri
08-01-2015, 01:17 PM
Yeah that's why I'm thinking I didn't get because I was a few days late..

You should have gotten it regardless if you signed up to the backstage program on day one or whenever. At least I think so as I signed up sometime after the backstage program was announced.

UbiBooma
08-01-2015, 06:57 PM
Yeah just make sure you guys have all checked your spam folders and verified your emails and all that. I'm making sure the communications team double checks their end just in case though.

Ant Heuser Kush
08-02-2015, 09:35 AM
Yeah just make sure you guys have all checked your spam folders and verified your emails and all that. I'm making sure the communications team double checks their end just in case though.

I never received a verification email... I had my FaceBook account linked as well as Xbox LIVE -- I'm thinking the emails got sent to the FB email, the one I don't have access to... which is weird because I receive every other email and I've been a part of the forums since 2012.

DunadanFighter
08-03-2015, 02:55 PM
I didn't recieve one either, checked both locally ad online twice, still nothing :/
Hope it doesn't matter when it comes to the beta.
I use an already existing ubisoft-account, maybe that makes it different...

UbiBooma
08-06-2015, 09:01 PM
I never received a verification email... I had my FaceBook account linked as well as Xbox LIVE -- I'm thinking the emails got sent to the FB email, the one I don't have access to... which is weird because I receive every other email and I've been a part of the forums since 2012.

I didn't recieve one either, checked both locally ad online twice, still nothing :/
Hope it doesn't matter when it comes to the beta.
I use an already existing ubisoft-account, maybe that makes it different...

I'll let the communications team know and see if I find anything out for you guys.

UbiBooma
08-07-2015, 05:28 PM
To be clear, are you guys talking about not getting emails for backstage? Because FYI, the backstage program is for EMEA region only, not NCSA. That could be why.

Dead1y-Derri
08-07-2015, 05:43 PM
To be clear, are you guys talking about not getting emails for backstage? Because FYI, the backstage program is for EMEA region only, not NCSA. That could be why.

Yeah the above people are talking about the backstage program.

Explains why everyone in Europe seems to have it and others do not.

coma987
08-11-2015, 12:36 AM
I am so excited, I hope an Alpha or a Beta will be this month.

BoulderMagic
10-28-2015, 03:34 PM
How is beta born
How is beta born
How game get tested

Lerneros
03-02-2016, 11:28 PM
I only wish I had not found out about the game so that I would not be that anxious to play it !!.... Beta just can't come soon enough X-D bring it oooooooonnnnn!! X-D