PDA

View Full Version : Seemingly random crashes while playing DLC tracks

darkgiggsxx
06-16-2015, 11:57 PM
Hello

I got back into the game recently after getting the season pass. Unfortunately, the game keeps crashing (freeze, then trials_fusion.exe has stopped working) for seemingly random reasons and it's getting rather frustrating.
I've had no problem whatsoever on the retail tracks before.
At first I thought Shadowplay might be at fault, but turning it off didn't change anything

Specs :
Windows 8.1 64-bit
i5-4670
8 GB DDR3 1333MHz
GTX 760 2 GB

Here are the 5 latest .dmps in a .rar (http://www.unupload.com/download/2xy4f7sy5h67twdnhlu8fim1ovgcodkidbhwroed)

Let me know if there's anything I can do

En0-
06-17-2015, 08:00 AM
Hello,

I will forward that to the dev team and let you know what we find.

Regards,

darkgiggsxx
06-17-2015, 10:15 AM
Thank you En0-,

I hope the cause can be found.

En0-
06-25-2015, 05:06 PM
Hello,

It's really weird because we can't find anything that makes sense with the issue in the crash dump.
The only reason that it would crash here is because there wouldn't be any memory available on your hardware, which seems unlikely when we look at your configuration, but not impossible depending on other softwares that were running at the same time.

Can you give us information on the memory consumption when this happens?

Regards,

jrshumate
06-25-2015, 11:59 PM
I appear to be having a similar issue. Here are the five most recent crash dumps for my system in zip format:

http://www.unupload.com/download/vadqvohtxrgg0045grcky4fz3s5rq5ey0u3w761r

En0-
06-26-2015, 06:02 AM
Thanks, I gave that to the dev team.

darkgiggsxx
06-27-2015, 08:47 AM
Hello,

It's really weird because we can't find anything that makes sense with the issue in the crash dump.
The only reason that it would crash here is because there wouldn't be any memory available on your hardware, which seems unlikely when we look at your configuration, but not impossible depending on other softwares that were running at the same time.

Can you give us information on the memory consumption when this happens?

Regards,

I usually have the steam client open and maximum 2 chrome tabs. Shadowplay is also running but is usually not RAM hungry.

This is really interesting though.
Before upgrading to windows 8.1, I had a memory pool leak caused by the network driver (killer e2200) that required a registry modification to fix. I just checked, and this didn't carry over to windows 8.1! I just changed it again, it should fix the issue.

I'll leave task manager on and monitor RAM usage and will let you know when/if I get another crash, but I'm pretty sure this was an early symptom of the memory pool leak problem.

Thanks a lot for looking into this and probably helping me fix the problem,

Regards,

giggs